1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 51.
#1851 6 years ago

Anyone that has a lead on who "accidentally" may have taken my black XL Sanctum Supporter full zip sweatshirt it would be greatly appreciated.

WTF? I put it down for a few minutes near my machine in the back of the hall in the row near the tournament games and walked away to buy a new lock and leg levels and someone had walked off with it. Everything else has been enjoyable but come on.

#1852 6 years ago

Hey Dennis hope you have a safe trip! The show's great so far, ran into Colson and Wayne from Lights out pinball and we spoke with Joe and Josh from American pitbull who introduced us to Houdini an amazing pinball experience!! Can't wait for tomorrow! Thanks Ivan and crew!20170504_202022 (resized).jpg20170504_202022 (resized).jpg

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Rain makes loading/unloading difficult and pretty much kills the outdoor flea market.

It's not a show-stopper though. It shouldn't have any bearing on anyone's decision as to whether or not to come. After all, it is primarily an indoor event.

lol

#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Are you worried about taking games up or bringing them home? i should have room for another game on the way back and i could get it as far as Wilmington ( i am 2 miles from the booths corner farmers market where you play the Metallica) plenty of safe storage if you need it.
I am going to IM you my cell#, trying to introduce myself to all Delaware Pinsiders this trip

Bringing back. I'm personally bringing one up for free play or to enter in the tournament and then I plan on buying one more for myself. However my buddy who can't make the trip is interested in a few titles that I will have to scope out for him and if he wants me to pull the trigger I was just trying to figure out if I could get 3 games in the Odyssey. I really appreciate the offer and will definitely seek you out regardless if I pick up the 3rd pin. I work in New Castle Mon-Fri, so that would be no problem to swing by and pick up. I'll have my Pinside Badge on all weekend!

#1855 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It's not a show-stopper though. It shouldn't have any bearing on anyone's decision as to whether or not to come. After all, it is primarily an indoor event.
lol

True. And if you are loading a game inside you can basically back the van right into the hall.

#1856 6 years ago

Thanks in advance to those pinsiders who share their Allentown experience by posting pics this weekend - much appreciated by us who can't make it!

#1857 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone own a Honda Odyessey? Possible to get 3 pins in the back?

No but I get 2 with the seats out making a T

#1858 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Hey Dennis hope you have a safe trip! The show's great so far, ran into Colson and Wayne from Lights out pinball and we spoke with Joe and Josh from American pitbull who introduced us to Houdini an amazing pinball experience!! Can't wait for tomorrow! Thanks Ivan and crew!

Thanks man! Chris was so excited for this year's Pinfest, he nearly went a week early. True story!

#1859 6 years ago

TMI

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Have a few games within 15 minutes of the show... may bring if presold.
Space Jam
Lethal weapon 3
Junkyard sample
Funhouse sample project
Monday Night football
Terminator 2 (2)
Water world
Popeye
Jurassic park
JACKBOT
Metallica premium road case (nib)
Bad cats ( pending a friend's decision)
Silver Slugger
Trades possible... am looking for an Addams Family

Update.....
Bad cats sold
Both terminator 2's sold
Monday night football sold
Junkyard sample sold

#1861 6 years ago
Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Update.....
Bad cats sold
Both terminator 2's sold
Monday night football sold
Junkyard sample sold

JACKBOT sold

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Hey Dennis hope you have a safe trip! The show's great so far, ran into Colson and Wayne from Lights out pinball and we spoke with Joe and Josh from American pitbull who introduced us to Houdini an amazing pinball experience!! Can't wait for tomorrow! Thanks Ivan and crew!

Definitely, I posted in the other thread about Josh updating some code...he was a cool dude. Actually spent time explaining the modes and changes that have been made to Houdini. Code more updated. Game looks friggin great.

Then back to setting up. Currently at davebart5's pad ripping up some 1812 and TFTC. 1812 is kicking me right in the sack....repeatedly.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone own a Honda Odyessey? Possible to get 3 pins in the back?

I've done 4 in mine

IMG_9696 (resized).JPGIMG_9696 (resized).JPG
IMG_9702 (resized).JPGIMG_9702 (resized).JPG

IMG_9707 (resized).JPGIMG_9707 (resized).JPG

#1864 6 years ago

Game got packed but was way too busy celebrating my birthday to make it to setup, priorities are important. See you all right at opening though, I'll find a good spot to setup at!

#1865 6 years ago

stop by and say hi. I would like to meet some of the Pinsiders I have spoke to on this group. I have the restored F2K next to the tounament booth..

#1866 6 years ago

I arrived at 8pm and setup my Skateball in the freeplay area. It's setup at the back end of the 3rd row if anyone is looking to play it. A quick glance around and I can tell you there are a lot of pins setup with room for more!! I didn't get a chance to walk the floor so I'm not sure if there's another one there. Mine is unique because whoever owned it before me outlined the backbox in black. I just don't understand why people do these things lol.

Oh and I made sure it is level!! Pet peeve of mine to walk up to a game that's not level! It will be there both days for everyone's enjoyment! Say hello if you see me, I'll have a black PAPA baseball cap on, enjoy the show!

#1867 6 years ago

Just some random pictures from Thursday,

20170504_192805 (resized).jpg20170504_192805 (resized).jpg

20170504_203545 (resized).jpg20170504_203545 (resized).jpg

20170504_203548 (resized).jpg20170504_203548 (resized).jpg

20170504_203551 (resized).jpg20170504_203551 (resized).jpg

20170504_205040 (resized).jpg20170504_205040 (resized).jpg

#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Uh oh, conflicting stories. Got me worried now!

I would think if you take the head off like was mentioned you could probably get 3. I am not speaking from experience.

#1869 6 years ago

Anyone that can repair a system 11 mpu board at the show please PM me. I'll be there Saturday.

#1870 6 years ago

Is there anywhere remotely covered for the loading/unloading of games near the building??? I'm bringing a dry change of clothes - yuck!!!!

#1871 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Is there anywhere remotely covered for the loading/unloading of games near the building??? I'm bringing a dry change of clothes - yuck!!!!

Good call, I'll grab a spare outfit myself.

If all goes well today, I might end up bringing my Dr. Dude to free play next year.

#1872 6 years ago

Leaving work at 10:00 today.

Hope to see you all there!

Eric

#1874 6 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

Just some random pictures from Thursday,

Any TWD Premiums there?

#1875 6 years ago

I have a neighbor looking for a megatouch or jvl. I'll be at the show from 11-230. If anyone has one, lmk.

#1876 6 years ago

Here's to hoping that a lot of these games are staying through Saturday afternoon.

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

20 min show walk through video on our Facebook page... Enjoy !
https://m.facebook.com/PinballSTAR/

Thanks for the vid!

#1878 6 years ago

Looks like I'm going to be arriving after 12 today. Can i still bring a game into the free play area after the fest starts?

Thanks!

#1879 6 years ago

Well I'm stuck in nasty traffic. When I left my ETA was 10, it's now 1045. Bah!

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Yikes!! Where are you staying? The ramada?

No, Comfort Suites....just changed rooms, new one is MUCH better.... Original one looked like it should be rented by the hour, very run down and Complete science experiment...And new one does not have the huge moldy defunct Whirlpool tub!

#1881 6 years ago

I have stuff at the show already listed sending friend out for a few more today
Will have
revenge from mars
Mata hari

Four em
Four roses
Spanish eyes
Bon voyage
Bowling queen

#1882 6 years ago

I'm now bringing Baywatch instead of Wipe Out for free play and it is for sale or trade. I also have a pinball lifter cart if anyone needs to use it to bring in a game. We'll be there around 4pm today.

#1883 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Made a deal with bluespin to buy his Getaway, picked up the uhaul trailer.. 40 minutes into our drive I get a email that John decided to keep his game.. That blows, dropped the trailer off and back home... Cancelled my reservation as well at Ramada if anyone needs a room. There was a cancellation fee so Uhaul and Ramada at least got some money. oh well, part of the hobby i guess. Would have been my first show, maybe next year. Enjoy everyone!

I tried work out a deal with you. Twice in this forum and three times privately you said that you wouldn't come to the show unless a seller accepted a down payment. The second time that you offered me a PayPal payment I explained that I rarely use PayPal and couldn't remember the password. I offered to hold the pin for you until an hour after the show opened Friday so that you could inspect it and throw on a few games. You send a third message that you offered to send a wire transfer, but still didn't want to come to the show without a deposit being taken. At that point I think you had sent maybe 10-15 messages in a two day period.

After all this I decided to cancel my interest in selling the pin, and no we never agreed on the terms. There are a lot of great pins to play, and a lot of them are for sale. I did see another Getaway at the show, a really nice Black Rose, and a lot of other nice dmd games that were setup with for sale signs. There are plenty of games from all eras for sale here so please come down, play some pinball, make some new friends, and maybe take home a new pin.

#1884 6 years ago

Indoor flea is the place to be !

IMG_2685 (resized).JPGIMG_2685 (resized).JPG

IMG_2687 (resized).JPGIMG_2687 (resized).JPG

IMG_2686 (resized).JPGIMG_2686 (resized).JPG

IMG_2688 (resized).JPGIMG_2688 (resized).JPG

#1885 6 years ago

Woohoo. Major accident on 81n in WV. I swear. 35mins to go 2 miles. I'm a heartbeat away from calling it a day. IMG_1926 (resized).JPGIMG_1926 (resized).JPG

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Woohoo. Major accident on 81n in WV. I swear. 35mins to go 2 miles. I'm a heartbeat away from calling it a day.

I drove 16 hours from GA to be at the show, two road construction closures and a major accident shut down the 85 north yesterday, and the battery on my car died on me two days after I bought the car used.

You can do this, just take your time and be safe.

#1887 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I drove 16 hours from GA to be at the show, two road construction closures and a major accident shut down the 85 north yesterday, and the battery on my car died on me two days after I bought the car used.
You can do this, just take your time and be safe.

Yeah I deal with D.C. Traffic daily. My problem is I was only able to stay for 4hrs; now down to 3. Thanks for the encouragement though.

#1888 6 years ago

This is going to be my first show and I’m really excited about it, unfortunately I will only be there on Saturday. After all of these posts and pics next year I’ll be there on Friday too. It’s so cool to see all of those machines. While I sit here at work today, I look forward to seeing even more pics of the show.

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from Mark_in_PA:

Have the following playfields available. I have no idea about the value so I'm tossing out some asking pricing.
TAF (new IPB) - have a couple, $750 ea
RFM (NOS) - $1200
AFM (restored by Chris Hutchins) - $1500
Please PM if interested and we can connect at the show Friday.

Also found 2 pieces of new Pinball 2000 glass - $210 each

#1890 6 years ago

What the heck, have the day off so I think head over the show! Looking forward to seeing some friends. I'll be wearing my wrath of Olympus shirt so say hi if you get a chance

#1891 6 years ago

81n after harrisburg is a mess and is barely moving for the past 45 min due to multiple accidents........

#1892 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I tried work out a deal with you. Twice in this forum and three times privately you said that you wouldn't come to the show unless a seller accepted a down payment. The second time that you offered me a PayPal payment I explained that I rarely use PayPal and couldn't remember the password. I offered to hold the pin for you until an hour after the show opened Friday so that you could inspect it and throw on a few games. You send a third message that you offered to send a wire transfer, but still didn't want to come to the show without a deposit being taken. At that point I think you had sent maybe 10-15 messages in a two day period.
After all this I decided to cancel my interest in selling the pin, and no we never agreed on the terms. There are a lot of great pins to play, and a lot of them are for sale. I did see another Getaway at the show, a really nice Black Rose, and a lot of other nice dmd games that were setup with for sale signs. There are plenty of games from all eras for sale here so please come down, play some pinball, make some new friends, and maybe take home a new pin.

Correct, you said no deposit needed and that you would hold the game for me. I was glad I was only 40 minutes into the drive when you messaged me rather than 8 hours. Didn't want to haul down a trailer in hopes of getting the 1 or 2 games that I was interested in. That's why I locked down a deal before heading out. $180 Canadian in the hole..Thanks anyways, maybe a more reliable pre sale next year. Looks like a great show, didn't see the other game there that I was interested in. Thx for the vid PinballSTAR!! Enjoy everyone, Cheers!

#1893 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Yeah I deal with D.C. Traffic daily. My problem is I was only able to stay for 4hrs; now down to 3. Thanks for the encouragement though.

Alright! 1 hour later another major accident. Traffic at a standstill. Best. Luck. Ever. LOL.

IMG_1930 (resized).JPGIMG_1930 (resized).JPGIMG_1932 (resized).JPGIMG_1932 (resized).JPG

#1894 6 years ago
#1895 6 years ago

Will be down tomorrow with the family - couldn't make it today, my son has hockey practice tomorrow. Keep some of those games until we get there!!

#1896 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

90 miles to go. Through all the traffic now.
New GTi is a trooper!

Hey Jim, hope to see you there. I'm interested in your thoughts on the GTI and any research you did prior to purchase (and where, if a good dealer). My wife really wants one but I'm on the fence.

Looks like it can haul a pin with the head removed? Any fold down love?

#1897 6 years ago

Omg.... I know it's been said many times.... Go to the farmers market across the street. For the love of God don't eat that Shit at the show. This may be the new reason for me to come up here!!!!!

#1898 6 years ago

A few more recent photos of the show from the back wall... Hopefully it will help someone, after attending the Louisville show and waiting in line for machines, this place is great you can go from one machine to another and not stand in line.

20170505_133710 (resized).jpg20170505_133710 (resized).jpg

20170505_133708 (resized).jpg20170505_133708 (resized).jpg

20170505_133706 (resized).jpg20170505_133706 (resized).jpg

#1899 6 years ago

Here is the special treat. Girlfriend made homemade cupcakes from scratch including a cream cheese icing in Otaku green for Steven's birthday. So if you see Steven, make sure you get a cupcake from him!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1900 6 years ago

I am bringing a Pinball Pool on Saturday.
Great shape and will be in the Main Tournament. Price is $800

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 75.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
£ 195.00
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.