1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 51.
#951 7 years ago

Buy a Pinball from Little Shop of Games and get free shipping to Pinfest.

Curly

#952 7 years ago

Oops Sorry 561-248-9628

#953 7 years ago

What form of payment do folks take? I'm guessing vendors would take visa and checks.

#954 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What form of payment do folks take? I'm guessing vendors would take visa and checks.

It probably depends how big your purchase is. I doubt any parts vendor would take a check, times are a-changin'. I find most take credit cards/debit cards but as always cash is king, and that pretty much goes without say for used game deals.

If you mean new game vendors then you probably have a lot more options, not sure which you meant.

#955 7 years ago

We will take credit cards or cash, no checks. Cash preferred.

#956 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Vendors will take credit card, but everyone else is cash and they prefer big bills if buying a game.

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

So I have a question? Why so many "I will bring my game if pre sold"? My guess is 80% of the attendees of Pinfest are not on pinside and 70% of the buyers at Pinfest are not on pinside. So why not bring your game put it in free play and list it for sale?

Others have already chimed in on this, but I will just give my thoughts (as if anyone cares).

For me to get a game to the show, I need to get a buddy to come over and get it out of the basement. I can load it and take it to the show myself, but I still have to get it out of the basement first. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but I don't like to bother people to do this if I don't have to.

Anyway, I bring games to the show for 2 reasons (and not for the free admission). First of all, it supports the show. I have done this since the sho was run by Brian in the firehouse location. Secondly, I derive great pleasure in seeing people enjoy my pinball machines. That may be narcissistic but it's true. Seeing people enjoy a machine I brought to the show is why I do it. Maybe they get a chance to play somethign they wouldn't have ever seen otherwise. Maybe it was the only machine open to play. Who knows, but either way, it's a win.

I don't own the latest greatest machines. If I did, I would bring one. That's just me, but I get why people wouldn't want to.

I took a LOTR one year, and one of the fork switches broke early on. Was down all friday because no vendors had a replacement. Yes, stuff happens. I kind of like to see how well I did no my fixes and how they hold up. Last year Pinball Magic held up pretty well. Another year we took 4 of our machines for the System 11 row that Ivan had set up. It's all for the show.

So if you're there, stop by and say hello, play a few games on my machine, and enjoy the show!

Chris

#958 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Others have already chimed in on this, but I will just give my thoughts (as if anyone cares).
For me to get a game to the show, I need to get a buddy to come over and get it out of the basement. I can load it and take it to the show myself, but I still have to get it out of the basement first. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but I don't like to bother people to do this if I don't have to.
Anyway, I bring games to the show for 2 reasons (and not for the free admission). First of all, it supports the show. I have done this since the sho was run by Brian in the firehouse location. Secondly, I derive great pleasure in seeing people enjoy my pinball machines. That may be narcissistic but it's true. Seeing people enjoy a machine I brought to the show is why I do it. Maybe they get a chance to play somethign they wouldn't have ever seen otherwise. Maybe it was the only machine open to play. Who knows, but either way, it's a win.
I don't own the latest greatest machines. If I did, I would bring one. That's just me, but I get why people wouldn't want to.
I took a LOTR one year, and one of the fork switches broke early on. Was down all friday because no vendors had a replacement. Yes, stuff happens. I kind of like to see how well I did no my fixes and how they hold up. Last year Pinball Magic held up pretty well. Another year we took 4 of our machines for the System 11 row that Ivan had set up. It's all for the show.
So if you're there, stop by and say hello, play a few games on my machine, and enjoy the show!
Chris

See you at the show!

#959 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I take cash, credit/debit (chip cards and swipe), apple pay, and android pay. Nobody has actually bought anything from me with android pay but it is one of the options with my Square reader. Speaking of square, if you are interested in getting set up on it PM me... I think they are doing a referral promotion that gets both the new account and the referrer a bonus of some kind.

Games at show - I'm planning to bring my SWE1 and probably my Flash to set up in my booth. Like at York, SWE1 will be set up for pay play with all money going to a charity. I ordered a playfield protector for Flash to pickup at the show; hoping to use slow vending times to install it. Once it's done it will be on free play.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#960 7 years ago

I have tried to respond to everyone's PM from my post. I was unable to respond to everyone due to I have exceeded the limit of daily email via pinside your aloud. Never knew there was a limit. I will try to respond tomorrow or up grade to Pinside Plus. Any PM's sent be sure to include your email address. Pete.

Error! You have exceeded the daily maximum PinsideMail messages a verified Pinsider can create. Please consider upgrading to Pinside+ if you use the PinsideMail system extensively and want unlimited messaging. Or even better, upgrade to Pinside Plus for unlimited PinsideMail messaging!

#961 7 years ago

OK, after making a $35.00 donation to Pinside I am now Pinside plus and have more use of the Pinside internal email. I also get a (+) symbol next to the donation heart.

#962 7 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

OK, after making a $35.00 donation to Pinside I am now Pinside plus and have more use of the Pinside internal email. I also get a (+) symbol next to the donation heart.

You forgot the TM symbol next to Pinside though.

#963 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

You forgot the TM symbol next to Pinside though.

• [This reply is only visible to Pinside™ PinGold® members.]
#964 7 years ago

#965 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Good seller and nice guy.

Steve, thanks for the compliment. Just read some of you Pinside activity and did know about your water in the basement problem. If I knew I was two miles away from you the last two weekend settling my fathers estate. When your ready to bring the machines back down let me know. I will come by with my escalara and give you a had. Pete

#966 7 years ago

Looking to clean out some stuff. Pm if interested. Deposit required to hold for show.

Rollergames Plastic set- Brand new CPR set. $125
Stern Mirror Blade set- Brand new never installed $70
Taxi Lola Translite- Way better than average- $75
Molson 3 color Neon bar sign- Fantastic condition- $135

Thanks
mike

#967 7 years ago

For a few years I was bringing a free-play game to the Allentown and York shows. Supporting the shows in such a way was rewarding. But as others have said, I just didn't have the endurance or ambition to stick around all day. If I have a game at the show I feel obligated to be there and make sure it stays working. I stopped bringing a game simply so I'd have the freedom to leave. Ideally I'd like to have the show physically attached to a hotel. That would work for me. Or sometimes I'll have my RV along out in the parking lot where I can go grab some peace and quite every few hours. That works too, but I'm not equipped to bring the RV and a game. Maybe next time around I'll buy a toy-hauler RV. Anyway, a big thanks to all those that do bring a game. It's a lot of work.

#968 7 years ago

Hi,

I have a Williams Fire! in good shape that I would be open to trading. I have really been enjoying EMs a lot lately, would be open to El Dorado, Atlantis, or others, key for me on an EM is I need one that is fully working in nice shape and I like drops. Early solid state titles, Embryon, black hole, haunted house, Chicago Cubs (wife is a huge fan of the cubs).... let me know. Just spent some time in Pinball Gallery and could not get enough of their El Dorado.

Thanks
Jim

#969 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

So I have a question? Why so many "I will bring my game if pre sold"? My guess is 80% of the attendees of Pinfest are not on pinside and 70% of the buyers at Pinfest are not on pinside. So why not bring your game put it in free play and list it for sale?

Lots of good answers, I will give you mine of bringing a game to Pinfest.

Pros: No Free play equals a Flea Market of untested, unshopped, and most games in need of a real good cleaning.
It gives you way more hours of access and It saves you 34 Dollars at the gate over a 3 day period.
Free Play gives perspective buyers a chance to test the game. The seller gets more exposure and buyer traffic.
If in fact your machine is playing well, but maybe one little glitch, plenty of techs walking around, most willing to help and teach.
Your Free Play game gives other Pinsiders a chance to play a game out of their genre. DMD guys playing system 1 and Woodrail
guys playing Modern pins, etc.., Diversity is a good thing.
Your Free Play game provides entertainment and exposure to adults, teens, and specifically kids who would not normally have
access to this wonderful hobby. It also sets the gate, providing the draw to the public to pay the entry fee, which funds the show.

Cons: Having to wait until late Saturday to pull your pin with a long drive ahead. I get it, another 100 bucks to stay overnight.
Damage to your game or vehicle, loading and unloading hundreds of pounds of wood and metal in and out of tight quarters.
Some are more physically challenged, it's tough to pay for a hobby if your back goes out dragging a game out of a cellar.
People abusing your pin, lots of plays, things breaking. This is not the norm, but there is Murphy's Law.

With that said, this will be my 6th Pinfest in a row, I take vacation because this is the best show on the East Coast, no doubt in my mind. Not everyone can afford 8000$ pins, heck some struggle to pay the rent or mortgage. But if you can afford to spend thousands of dollars on this hobby, then you can afford the 35$ early removal fee and certainly a shopped players game that is reliable and plays correctly.

I have sold and bought pre-show, on occasion. Allentown and York can act as a common meeting place to buy and sell. But now that I have enough pins I always bring a free play game as thanks for the opportunity to conduct business. Re: not everyone is on pinside. Check out other venues such as RGP and Mr. Pinball, possible delivery to Allentown is a HUGE selling point. And just because people are not members here, people like to sit back and read/gain information.

2 weeks to go, who else is JUICED !

#970 7 years ago

Who needs a custom painted Pingulp for their Metallica?

$30 and I'll bring to the show. $35 and I'll ship it now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modfather-custom-painted-pingulp-cup-holder#post-3721322

#971 7 years ago

I have a brand new quart of Dupont Choma Clear HC 7776S with Activator, and a new Fish Eye additive all sealed never used. Will take best offer.

51qYCQ2qabL (resized).jpg51qYCQ2qabL (resized).jpg

#972 7 years ago

I also have a nearly full quart of blue paint to match funhouse. If anyone wants it, I can bring it.

#974 7 years ago

I don't know about the price, but that is awesome and awesome one is listed for sale. So rare.

#975 7 years ago

Nooo!! I need to come play it again before you sell it!!!

#976 7 years ago

Any cocktail pins coming for sale?

#977 7 years ago

Looking to pickup up a Met Pro, TWD Pro or possibly a GoT Pro.

Would prefer a stock game..or at least at stock prices =)

#978 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If you do ever need a hand hauling a game, let me know. I'm right down the road and if I'm home, I'm happy to lend a hand.

#979 7 years ago

Most likely at this point, it looks like I will be bringing a Gottlieb World Challenge Soccer game for freeplay and sale.

#980 7 years ago
Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

Most likely at this point, it looks like I will be bringing a Gottlieb World Challenge Soccer game for freeplay and sale.

Great game!

#981 7 years ago

For those new to these shows, what do you do if interested in buying a pin, but you're only going to be there on Friday. Is the seller obliged to keep the pin on the floor for the entire event, or can the pin be released if a buyer wants to take it home?

#982 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

For those new to these shows, what do you do if interested in buying a pin, but you're only going to be there on Friday. Is the seller obliged to keep the pin on the floor for the entire event, or can the pin be released if a buyer wants to take it home?

There is a fee to remove a game early. You just have to decide who will pay it...

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

http://www.pinfestival.com/rules.html

We understand that rare or otherwise unique circumstances may require an early dismissal of a free play game that is also for sale. Anyone designated for free play who wishes to exercise this right is subject to a $40 penalty for early withdrawal. It is not the goal of show management to take advantage of this specific situation but to deter those whose desires are less than urgent

Wow, I didn't realize the fee got jacked up to $40 this year.

It doesn't say what time the games can be removed without a fee. I almost think it was 6PM last year, but I may be mistaken.

#984 7 years ago
Quoted from Adrift:

Quoted from ninjabones:
There is a fee to remove a game early. You just have to decide who will pay it...

Also worth noting that the fee is daily. If you buy a game Friday, you don't have to wait until end of day Saturday to take your game. Just end of day Friday.

#985 7 years ago

You may register a game for only Friday, or only Saturday. If, for example, you register for Friday and sell it early, it must remain on the floor until approximately 7pm, or the fee is imposed. You are not obligated to return for the second day if you have the game registered for 2 days and then change your mind. You may break it down at the appropriate time Friday, remove it, and be on your way.
Harry Irvin
Pinfest freeplay registration guy

#986 7 years ago

Just put an IJ in the marketplace. I can deliver to Allentown if deposit received.

#987 7 years ago

Any interest in this Gottlieb Title Fight, I'm bringing it to the show Thursday and Friday. Also have a count-down, Kings of Steel, and a Chicago Coin Hula Hula,

20170420_153830 (resized).jpg20170420_153830 (resized).jpg

#988 7 years ago

If anyone buys a pin for hundreds or thousands of dollars, the $40 penalty for early withdrawal is more than reasonable since there is no consignment fee. eBay consignment fee is 10% and so are most auctions so unless you are selling a machine for less than $400 it's still not that big of a deal for the buyer or even the seller.

Personally, I ALWAYS require that if a buyer wants to remove a pin they purchased from me early that they pay the penalty since it's up to them. They can wait until the end of the day and pay no penalty.

It's almost unbelievable how cheap some people are though. They get in for free, sell a machine and then whine about $40.

The $40 early withdrawal fee is the right thing to have in the best interest of the show and shouldn't be a deal-breaker. Without it some people would abuse the system and the show would suffer.

#989 7 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Looking to pickup up a Met Pro, TWD Pro or possibly a GoT Pro.
Would prefer a stock game..or at least at stock prices =)

Check with Marco. He is planning on bringing demos and will be offering them at a discount.

#990 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

If anyone buys a pin for hundreds or thousands of dollars, the $40 penalty for early withdrawal is more than reasonable since there is no consignment fee. eBay consignment fee is 10% and so are most auctions so unless you are selling a machine for less than $400 it's still not that big of a deal for the buyer or even the seller.
Personally, I ALWAYS require that if a buyer wants to remove a pin they purchased from me early that they pay the penalty since it's up to them. They can wait until the end of the day and pay no penalty.
It's almost unbelievable how cheap some people are though. They get in for free, sell a machine and then whine about $40.
The $40 early withdrawal fee is the right thing to have in the best interest of the show and shouldn't be a deal-breaker. Without it some people would abuse the system and the show would suffer.

And what about the people whose machines aren't for sale?

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I agree with everything that you said above. I would only add that the real reason for the penalty is so that people don't pull the machines early leaving the room half empty in the early afternoon. The show promoters don't want customers to come in and feel that they didn't get a chance to play a good variety of machines. You walk in the room at 9AM and there are 500 machines, but by 3PM there are only 200 machines left in the show to play.

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from pinrayhji:

You may register a game for only Friday, or only Saturday. If, for example, you register for Friday and sell it early, it must remain on the floor until approximately 7pm, or the fee is imposed. You are not obligated to return for the second day if you have the game registered for 2 days and then change your mind. You may break it down at the appropriate time Friday, remove it, and be on your way.
Harry Irvin
Pinfest freeplay registration guy

Why not register the machine for Friday only, leave it on the floor on Saturday, and remove the machine early. It's just $40 but would it work?

#993 7 years ago

Looking for backglasses (in any serviceable condition) for:

Aztec, Mata Hari, Lost World, Dixieland

Have available to bring for sale/trade if there is interest:

Used but Serviceable Backglasses - Hokus Pocus, Gottlieb Amazing Spiderman
Used Ramps - Funhouse Steps, Funhouse Main, Judge Dredd Main
Arcade Bezels - Atari Baskeball, Atari Drag Race, Exidy Targ, PSE Bazooka, Centuri Vanguard (at least I think it is), Bally Spy Hunter, Midway Sea Raider, and a bunch of various Omni Arcade Bezels.

Everything is used, I will gladly send pictures to anyone that is interested, PM me.

#994 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Why not register the machine for Friday only, leave it on the floor on Saturday, and remove the machine early. It's just $40 but would it work?

Similar scenarios to what happened to me last year, which to this day does not make much sense to me.

Here's how it went:
Brought a nice game for free play on Friday. Bought the game across from me Friday afternoon. Left the new game on the floor that night figuring that people could play it then and tomorrow and when I want to remove it, I can, as I already had one game registered for free play.

Saturday: My registered game sells around 2pm, buyer pays the $25 fee. This was my lone registered free play game. By 3 pm, I go to break down the other game and I was treated agressively by a staff member. Tell the guys at the table ''Hey, I already paid my withdrawl fee, and this one isn't even registered for the floor'' They shrug and make me pay the $25.

What doesn't make sense is, I could have taken it Friday night, no issues whatsoever. Because I left it on the floor for a ton of people to enjoy for most of the day, I was punished for it. I get it, show disruption, but it doesn't seem to be an issue to disrupt the show if there's money to go with it. Saturday needs the extra games in any shape or form.

Other than this misunderstanding or oversight to the show policy, I get the rules and why they're in place and it's a great show because of it, I just think all bases should be covered so there isn't these misunderstandings, I would have taken the game that night if that was the case. Not the end of the world, and good to know going forward.

#995 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Similar scenarios to what happened to me last year, which to this day does not make much sense to me.
Here's how it went:
Brought a nice game for free play on Friday. Bought the game across from me Friday afternoon. Left the new game on the floor that night figuring that people could play it then and tomorrow and when I want to remove it, I can, as I already had one game registered for free play.
Saturday: My registered game sells around 2pm, buyer pays the $25 fee. This was my lone registered free play game. By 3 pm, I go to break down the other game and I was treated agressively by a staff member. Tell the guys at the table ''Hey, I already paid my withdrawl fee, and this one isn't even registered for the floor'' They shrug and make me pay the $25.
What doesn't make sense is, I could have taken it Friday night, no issues whatsoever. Because I left it on the floor for a ton of people to enjoy for most of the day, I was punished for it. I get it, show disruption, but it doesn't seem to be an issue to disrupt the show if there's money to go with it. Saturday needs the extra games in any shape or form.
Other than this misunderstanding or oversight to the show policy, I get the rules and why they're in place and it's a great show because of it, I just think all bases should be covered so there isn't these misunderstandings, I would have taken the game that night if that was the case. Not the end of the world, and good to know going forward.

probably some confusion and if your free play game purchase from the seller got him free admission Saturday they have a point . But if you were hornswaggled and they double dipped then that's another bowl of cherries . I had heard others mention the over aggressive staff for 2016. Maybe it was a reflection of people previously abusing the system or people abusing their authority or a combination of both.

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

probably some confusion and if your free play game purchase from the seller got him free admission Saturday they have a point . But if you were hornswaggled and they double dipped then that's another bowl of cherries . I had heard others mention the over aggressive staff for 2016. Maybe it was a reflection of people previously abusing the system or people abusing their authority or a combination of both.

I'm betting that's exactly what happened. Everybody seems to understand the rules when its to their advantage. Its when penalties are imposed is when nobody understands and the complaining begins. As said, free play contributors have many advantages beyond the free admission. Many understand it and use it. All we ask is you give us a reasonable day in exchange. Machines leaving early on a particular day causes more harm then good. We have been doing this long enough. Our concerns are for all patrons, not just some.

#997 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

To defend Ivan & his FREE HELP (please remember all those guys are working for free and are not paid staff). Last year got very messy with people arguing over removal fee and I know by the end of the show most of the help was very discouraged. It is my understand Ivan will have paid security this year and that is one of the reasons removal fee went up.

Ivan doesn't care about the money he is trying to keep machines on the floor to keep the show a two day show. If machines leave customers leave and if you let all of that get out of control you end up with a one day show. I understand the frustration but for the good of the show please try to leave machines set up until the end of the day each day.

#998 7 years ago

UPDATE on the MI Pinball Refinery Editions that I am bring these to play and FOR SALE (cash, PayPal or Credit card accepted) at the show.

HUO Spiderman Vault Edition
New Metallica Pro
HUO Ghostbusters Pro
And maybe a HUO Star Trek Premium.

Stop over and check these machines out,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

20170419_172059 (resized).jpg20170419_172059 (resized).jpg

#999 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

It is my understand Ivan will have paid security this year and that is one of the reasons removal fee went up.

Ah great, so then we're paying for the security to not let us take our games out. Great system, definitely makes me want to help out the show

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ah great, so then we're paying for the security to not let us take our games out. Great system, definitely makes me want to help out the show

If you don't like the rules either start your own show or leave you machines home and pay to get in. It really isn't all that complicated - there are rules for a reason and if someone doesn't want to follow the rules they don't need to attend the show.

I have had my share of issues with people in the past but I always try to look at both sides of the story. I have no vested interest in how things are done at the show but I did feel bad for the help last year with all the BS that occurred with people trying to remove machines early. Climb into their shoes and tell me what you would do!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/20?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.