1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 51.
#901 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

So I have a question? Why so many "I will bring my game if pre sold"? My guess is 80% of the attendees of Pinfest are not on pinside and 70% of the buyers at Pinfest are not on pinside. So why not bring your game put it in free play and list it for sale?

Because some of us need to haul the damn thing out of the basement, remove the head to put in the SUV for transport and if it doesn't sell you have to redo everything again. I don't know about anyone else but it's a challenge just to bring a game in the basement. I don't take them out unless they are sold.

#902 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

So I have a question? Why so many "I will bring my game if pre sold"? My guess is 80% of the attendees of Pinfest are not on pinside and 70% of the buyers at Pinfest are not on pinside. So why not bring your game put it in free play and list it for sale?

If I'm going with the intent to buy a machine, and my vehicle (Wrangler) holds a single machine, I'm certainly not dragging something there unless I'm guaranteed it's already sold.

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

You'll be stuck there all day

#904 7 years ago

Anyone want to work out a 2 for 1 trade of Congo + BSD for your Hobbit? Ads for both are in the marketplace.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Congo Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Nice, fully working Congo for sale. No errors. Located near Hazleton, Pa. Volcano in great shape. LEDs throughout, Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade. Comes with an extra full p...”
2017-04-18
Drums, PA
4,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 480 times
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Selling my BSD, shopped out about a year ago. *Final Price Drop, $2600 firm* updated ad. Flippers rebuilt. Ramps are decent, has a crack near the diverter that hasn't changed sinc...”
2017-04-04
Drums, PA
2,600 (Firm)
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 2926 times
Contributed to Pinside

#905 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Anyone want to work out a 2 for 1 trade of Congo + BSD for your Hobbit? Ads for both are in the marketplace.
I'd do this trade if I didn't need the money for bills, bad timing

Machine - For Sale
CongoNew!Used, working and clean “Nice, fully working Congo for sale. No errors.
Located near Hazleton, Pa.
Volcano in great shape. LEDs throughout, Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade.

Comes with an extra full p...”
22 hours ago Drums, PA 4,000 (OBO)
Sethman

Machine - For Sale
Bram Stoker's DraculaUsed, working and clean “Selling my BSD, shopped out about a year ago.

Flippers rebuilt. Ramps are decent, has a crack near the diverter that hasn't changed since I've owned it.

Cabinet has some minor bu...”
15 days ago Drums, PA 3,100 (OBO)
Sethman

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Machine - For Sale
CongoNew!Used, working and clean “Nice, fully working Congo for sale. No errors.
Located near Hazleton, Pa.
Volcano in great shape. LEDs throughout, Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade.

Comes with an extra full p...”
22 hours ago Drums, PA 4,000 (OBO)
Sethman

Machine - For Sale
Bram Stoker's DraculaUsed, working and clean “Selling my BSD, shopped out about a year ago.

Flippers rebuilt. Ramps are decent, has a crack near the diverter that hasn't changed since I've owned it.

Cabinet has some minor bu...”
15 days ago Drums, PA 3,100 (OBO)
Sethman

I'd do this trade if I didn't need the money for bills, bad timing Love both of those games!

#908 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

Someone may have a pin that they want a guaranteed sale so they know they can buy another pin at the show. If they just brought a game set it on free play and hoped that it would sell they might not sell the pin and have to take home the pin that they wanted to get rid of, plus not bring home a new pin.

#909 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

I'll take a shot at this... short answer is most people don't want the hassle of bringing a game to the show which means breaking it down in their home, loading it up, bringing it to the show, setting it up at the show, having people beat on it for 2 days and needing a shop job when you get home (if it survives) to save a $20 admission fee.
Yes you have the incentive of someone possibly buying it at the show but there's no guarantee.
Plus, the higher the value of the game not only did you lose the casual person who may have $2,000 in their pocket now you're counting on someone to have $4,000 +. Possible but not likely. Also throw in if you have a low play perfect game, now you may have tripled the plays on it when it's done.

A lot of the newer/higher priced games are typically brought by the people running the show or vendors. I say typically because there are a few who do bring games out of their collection.

Ok, short answer wasn't so short. Flame suit on

I will add that I have brought games to each of the last few shows. I've brough 2-3 games to each, Allentown, York, the Ohio show and Pintastic to help support the show. You just won't see me bringing The Hobbit

#910 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsforfun:

I think Butch hit the nail on the head, Most people don't want to bring there prize pins in to watch them get used and abused, I always take 4 or 5 pins in, mostly early SS stuff thats affordable, thats what pays for my nice pins which stay tucked away at home. Not everyone is packing 5 to 10k in there pockets these days, but a pin that for sale for 750 to 2k can sell pretty easy
with that said
anyone interested in a like new ghostbusters pro with some mods, I will bring it if presold for 4800

#911 7 years ago

Just got this baby back together.
Touched up the den/inserts, changed lane guides, new center target, new set of plastics, waxed and adjusted.

She'll be set up in free play; Friday at least.

I'll take a few more overall pics later this week.

20170418_233943 (resized).jpg20170418_233943 (resized).jpg

#912 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'll take a shot at this... short answer is most people don't want the hassle of bringing a game to the show which means breaking it down in their home, loading it up, bringing it to the show, setting it up at the show, having people beat on it for 2 days and needing a shop job when you get home (if it survives) to save a $20 admission fee.
Yes you have the incentive of someone possibly buying it at the show but there's no guarantee.
Plus, the higher the value of the game not only did you lose the casual person who may have $2,000 in their pocket now you're counting on someone to have $4,000 +. Possible but not likely. Also throw in if you have a low play perfect game, now you may have tripled the plays on it when it's done.
A lot of the newer/higher priced games are typically brought by the people running the show or vendors. I say typically because there are a few who do bring games out of their collection.
Ok, short answer wasn't so short. Flame suit on
I will add that I have brought games to each of the last few shows. I've brough 2-3 games to each, Allentown, York, the Ohio show and Pintastic to help support the show. You just won't see me bringing The Hobbit

I won't bring my games because all but 1 were purchased NIB and most of them are LEs.

If I had a few good condition, not restored 90's games, then I'd bring 1 or 2 to the show to help contribute.

If there were an exclusive show, where only X amount of people were invited and vetted, then I'd bring an LE for all to enjoy.

#913 7 years ago

I don't know, I think bringing NICE pins to share is a great thing for the show to share, and watch other people that couldn't normally afford a multi thousand dollar toy a chance to see touch and play it, otherwise it's like leaving plastic on your furniture .

93486_full (resized).jpg93486_full (resized).jpg

#914 7 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I don't know, I think bringing NICE pins to share is a great thing for the show to share, and watch other people that couldn't normally afford a multi thousand dollar toy a chance to see touch and play it, otherwise it's like leaving plastic on your furniture .

Do you recommend me bringing my Batman 66 LE to the show?

#915 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Probably not, your may get marks in your shooter lane.

#916 7 years ago

I completely understand the reservations people have about bringing their expensive, mint, HUO games to shows and don't fault them for not wanting to bring them.

It's like bringing a brand new Ferrari to show and letting anyone off the street take it for a test drive.

For those who do bring their mint HUO games to shows, thank you.

#917 7 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Probably not, your may get marks in your shooter lane.

I put mylar down in the shooter lane.

I do that in all of my machines.

#918 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I completely understand the reservations people have about bringing their expensive, mint, HUO games to shows and don't fault them for not wanting to bring them.
It's like bringing a brand new Ferrari to show and letting anyone off the street take it for a test drive.
For those who do bring their mint HUO games to shows, thank you.

I get your point, but it's not even close to your analogy. If someone plays the pin TOO hard it will tilt, game over. These are meant to be played by the masses. End rant, support the show, bring what you can, and have fun.

ferarri (resized).jpgferarri (resized).jpg

#919 7 years ago

Also looking to buy a jukebox. I don't want a rare/desirable model, just something that works and is in decent cosmetic condition. I'd actually prefer one of those colourful, ugly jukes from the 1970s. The uglier the better!

#920 7 years ago

All pm's will get answered late tonight,thanks for the interest.

#921 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Totally understand that as well. However, having been able to hit Allentown, Expo, and TPF in the past year I've learned there is a significant difference in quality of free play pins across the shows. TPF is definitely the gold standard- people are putting A+ machines out for free play there- and they seem to do just fine after a weekend of heavy play.

Looking forward to bringing one of my not for sale pins out to Allentown solely for free play and hope others are as well.

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yes!

You never know who might show up to play it.

83f4cfe86be74348cbf907f42ba0954188a50ad7 (resized).jpg83f4cfe86be74348cbf907f42ba0954188a50ad7 (resized).jpg

c9e2eefd702ffaaeb617abb0083afafb76bfedc1 (resized).jpgc9e2eefd702ffaaeb617abb0083afafb76bfedc1 (resized).jpg

#923 7 years ago

Anyone looking for a project not so good touched up Frontier Playfield for a cheap price?
(No parts on the top or bottom, just the playfield)

-Dave

Quoted from Drano:

Just got this baby back together.
Touched up the den/inserts, changed lane guides, new center target, new set of plastics, waxed and adjusted.
She'll be set up in free play; Friday at least.
I'll take a few more overall pics later this week.

#924 7 years ago

Holy guacamole Batman! That's Burt Ward!

Quoted from docquest:

Yes!

#925 7 years ago

Here's my .02 on bringing games to shows. No games = no shows. Yeah, you can have a flea market only show, but isn't half the fun the networking/hanging out? That's part of what having a free play area adds to a show. I bring games to every show I attend ...and they're pretty nice games, I've NEVER in 20 years had a problem with them being abused or something not repairable happening to them. Yeah, you risk something happening but again no games = no shows.

Dave

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Holy guacamole Batman! That's Burt Ward!

And the other guy woth the hat on is adam west.

#927 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes!

Wasn't that for a Batman only show? I would've brought mine too.

But to pinfest? No way in hell.

#928 7 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I get your point, but it's not even close to your analogy. If someone plays the pin TOO hard it will tilt, game over. These are meant to be played by the masses.

Going with the analogy, the cops would pull the driver over

#929 7 years ago

JUST OVER TWO WEEKS TO THE SHOW!

Anyone remember if any vendors have clear Data East DMD Panel Covers for sale? I grabbed the new ColorDMD for my TFTC and my game came to me with a red cover that's now removed. I checked the usual players (Bay Area, PinBits, etc.) and they're all sold out.

Also looking for...

Haunted House - NOS or nice original backglass

Class of 1812 - 3D Translite or any parts, plastics, etc.

#930 7 years ago

I get why people don't want to bring a game that isn't pre-sold. What I don't get is why people are apparently willing to commit to buying games sight unseen.

...my .02.

#931 7 years ago

I’ll be listing a Medusa tomorrow. Just finished a full playfield tear down. BG (non-nip) is excellent with no flaking. PF is very nice with a playfield protectors installed. All metals tumbled or polished by hand. All coils removed..ultrasonic cleaned ..re-sleeved..etc . Displays are nice and bright. Correct upper standups (behind the drops). Boards pulled and reflowed. There is a credit button installed in an old lock hasp hole that was drilled.
This will be at Allentown
Asking $2450

20170419_140551 (resized).jpg20170419_140551 (resized).jpg

#932 7 years ago

I am bringing my Met Pro that I brought NIB in February to the show. I plan to arrive at 8am on Friday. Would anyone be willing to help me move it from my car to the show?

#933 7 years ago

EBD for sale in Nashville with cheap shipping to Allentown show if anyone interested. See featured ad and PM with inquriies

#934 7 years ago

Just think how shitty the show would be if everyone felt like this....

Quoted from zacaj:

You'll be stuck there all day

I can see it now. They open the doors at noon and the "show" ends at 12:30.

lol

#935 7 years ago
Quoted from Adrift:

I get why people don't want to bring a game that isn't pre-sold. What I don't get is why people are apparently willing to commit to buying games sight unseen.
...my .02.

That's the truth there. Like I was telling the guy with the nice-looking EBD in an earlier post who doesn't want bring it unless someone buys it in advance. He is asking a decent price and it would almost certainly sell at the show. As was mentioned earlier, the majority of the people who attend the show aren't on Pinside. Those who are on Pinside have already seen his ad and the posts about this machine. Like a used car, most people don't buy $2,300 pinball machines from people they don't know without "kicking a tire". Especially people who aren't on Pinside or know the seller.

I would be willing to bet that this machine sells for the asking price at the show if it is as nice as advertised. The only issue I would foresee would be if the buyer would want to yank it out of the free-play area early.

These shows are a golden opportunity for people who want to sell pinball machines. They can bring the game and put it in the free play area and get free admission while supporting the hobby and then have the machine exposed to the largest group of buyers they will ever have for no charge. If the machine sells there is no "consignment" fee.

Cash sales. No PayPal or eBay fees. It doesn't get any better than that in this world.

Now I can see why someone wouldn't want to bring their HUO $8,000 pin to the show but if they really want to sell quickly it they aren't going have a better opportunity so you have to weigh the options.

#936 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Just think how shitty the show would be if everyone felt like this....

I can see it now. They open the doors at noon and the "show" ends at 12:30.
lol

What are you even talking about

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

I am bringing my Met Pro that I brought NIB in February to the show. I plan to arrive at 8am on Friday. Would anyone be willing to help me move it from my car to the show?

I will be there Thurs, Friday and Sat. I would be happy to help you unload and setup your metpro =)
I typically help setup and power in freeplay area. I bring my refrigerator dolly which is commercial with straps.
I will pm you my cell phone number so you can text (loud prob wont notice a call but you can try) so that you can find me easily.
Or just tell the guys at the freeplay registration desk to get Jim.
Thank you for your contribution. I will have many games there myself. I just don't publish lists as most will not be for sale.
Thanks,
Jim

#938 7 years ago

I am happy to help you but dont anticipate being there until about 11:30 or so on Friday. PM me if that helps.

Quoted from tomh52722:

#939 7 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

I have never had a problem with help. You just ask any strong looking guy and most are more than happy to help out another at the shows.

#940 7 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What are you even talking about

If I may...

-Nobody wants to stick around all day waiting for a game to sell so...
-Games only get brought if they are pre-sold
-Doors open at 12:00, games exchange hands
-Nobody brought games for free-play, so all games go into trucks and trailers
-Doors close at 12:30 since there no games to play

I think he was just trying to be funny in order to make a point... but simply put, if nobody supports the show because they aren't willing to bring a machine, there isn't much of a show (outside of what Ivan and any other show organizers bring).

#941 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

If I may...
-Nobody wants to stick around all day waiting for a game to sell so...
-Games only get brought if they are pre-sold
-Doors open at 12:00, games exchange hands
-Nobody brought games for free-play, so all games go into trucks and trailers
-Doors close at 12:30 since there no games to play
I think he was just trying to be funny in order to make a point... but simply put, if nobody supports the show because they aren't willing to bring a machine, there isn't much of a show (outside of what Ivan and any other show organizers bring).

Not sure if that was his intent, but I don't think it's that relevant to what I said?

The reason I don't want to bring the game I listed unless I've got a buyer is because then I have to sit around till late at night to take my game out (or pay a fee) if it doesn't sell. I'd like to support the show, even if the game wasn't for sale, but I take issue with being charged money just because I don't want to support the show 'enough' to buy a room for the night

#942 7 years ago

Yup, the fee part is a bit of a drag.
I understand the show organizers wanting to keep games on the floor so that paying customers will have something to actually play when they come through the door, but the other side of that coin is that the supporters of the show don't always have the availability to stay there all day/night.

I've felt that pinch as well and, after having two machines on the floor from Thursday evening to about mid-day on Saturday, I needed to get home to Toronto and be in my bed that evening. The following day was Mother's day.
I got a big hassle from the show staff about taking my machines home. The next year I simply left the games there on Friday and took them out early Saturday morning before the show even opened. I would have preferred to have left them out in free play for people to enjoy at least a couple of more hours on Saturday, but I wasn't about to go through those strong-arm tactics again.

I totally understand that the show is providing me with free admittance and the opportunity to sell something (assuming I'm even selling), but I didn't appreciate being treated like the bad guy for wanting to remove my machine when it was time to start my 9hr drive home. It has to be fair for the supporters too.

In my mind, If I've put a machine on the floor for even a couple of hours and several dozen people got to enjoy it, haven't I done my part to support the show? We all contribute what we can. It's not malicious, just a fact of life that people have things to do and places to be.

#943 7 years ago

If it's anything like the closing of a convention, you either don't wanna be there or hope everything is sold. It's a mad rush to get out of there because everyone wants to go home. I go through that once a year at a tree show. I'd rather pay admission and enjoy Pinfest vs showing off some of my machines.

#944 7 years ago

Yeah, I feel like that rule needs to be waived on Saturday or at least set it to like noon or 1 or something. It makes sense for Friday, but last minute deals happen on Sat when people want to blow out of town before the show ends because they've done everything they need to by then. And admission was still paid by the person buying the game by then.

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Yeah, I feel like that rule needs to be waived on Saturday or at least set it to like noon or 1 or something. It makes sense for Friday, but last minute deals happen on Sat when people want to blow out of town before the show ends because they've done everything they need to by then. And admission was still paid by the person buying the game by then.

I'd appreciate not having the fee if you're not offering the game for sale. I get what it's there for, but

#946 7 years ago

You sure about that? There was a very decent original 1981 version like the one you are referencing at the show last year and the guy was getting low ball offers of $800 and $900 for it. IIRC, he wanted $1200. Which was a steal as the cabinet was very good, backglass was an easy 9 and the playfield while it didn't show any wear, was a bit amateurly touched up. Was in the free play area and worked well.
In my experience as a seller at shows, most buyers want a steal price at the Northeast shows.

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

That's the truth there. Like I was telling the guy with the nice-looking EBD in an earlier post who doesn't want bring it unless someone buys it in advance. He is asking a decent price and it would almost certainly sell at the show. As was mentioned earlier, the majority of the people who attend the show aren't on Pinside. Those who are on Pinside have already seen his ad and the posts about this machine. Like a used car, most people don't buy $2,300 pinball machines from people they don't know without "kicking a tire". Especially people who aren't on Pinside or know the seller.
I would be willing to bet that this machine sells for the asking price at the show if it is as nice as advertised. The only issue I would foresee would be if the buyer would want to yank it out of the free-play area early.
These shows are a golden opportunity for people who want to sell pinball machines. They can bring the game and put it in the free play area and get free admission while supporting the hobby and then have the machine exposed to the largest group of buyers they will ever have for no charge. If the machine sells there is no "consignment" fee.
Cash sales. No PayPal or eBay fees. It doesn't get any better than that in this world.
Now I can see why someone wouldn't want to bring their HUO $8,000 pin to the show but if they really want to sell quickly it they aren't going have a better opportunity so you have to weigh the options.

#947 7 years ago

Guys, I have a few games I am planning to bring to the show but before I take pics, etc. I just wanted to see if there is any interest. I have a very nice Maverick (no fade and display works perfectly). The other game I have is a nice Apollo 13.

Maverick - $1850

Apollo 13 - $3500

Thanks.

#948 7 years ago

Tron Pro: Will bring this to Allentown if paid before hand.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/48267

#949 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

You sure about that? There was a very decent original 1981 version like the one you are referencing at the show last year and the guy was getting low ball offers of $800 and $900 for it.

Well hopefully from your description of your EBD it is nicer than that one was. I saw the one you are referring to last year and it was a beater IMO. Not that it wasn't worth anything but it definitely needed a lot of work. It was probably worth about $1200 at the most.

You on the other hand have a $2300 machine which means it should be twice as nice (or one would think that). I've restored and sold probably 10 EBDs over the years and never had any problem selling them. Some sold for over $4,000. It's the most-popular Bally SS title there is.

One thing is for sure. No one at the show is going to buy it if you don't bring it and if you are planning on coming anyway you can even get in for free. A chance for a no-commission sale at an event where lots of potential buyers will be present.

It's up to you though. A highly sought-after machine like EBD will eventually sell one way or another.

#950 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Tron Pro: Will bring this to Allentown if paid before hand.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/48267

This game is really nice in person.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.