1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 51.
#801 7 years ago

Here are some pics of my Conquest 200, that will hopefully be included in the tournament. Got one small issue with the "add score bonus", it sticks and will add score continuously unless I smack the side of the machine. I know nothing about EM's, so I'm hoping I can pay one of the EM pros to make a quick adjustment on the machine to fix it. Other than that the game is super clean and plays great.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#802 7 years ago

I am getting close to have a partial list of machines headed to the show ready. As things stand right now I have roughly 60 machines that could go to Allentown but space & time will limit what I am actually going to be able to bring to the show. (I am hoping for around 40 machines total but I'll be happy if I have time for at least 30). I have rented a 10x20 storage unit in Allentown to get a bunch of machines moved to the Allentown area ahead of time and I'll be dropping the first load in storage tomorrow. Then I'll be back on the road south again Tuesday to pick up the next load if all goes as planned. As long as everything works out ever 3 days between now and the show I'll be adding a load of machines to the storage unit - then driving 900 mile round trip to pick up next load - (and so on) right up until the day of the show.

Sadly my van died yesterday (came home via rollback) so now I am limited to 8 machines per load towing my trailer with our mini van. That is going to add a bunch of extra driving for me until I can get the van fixed. But the deals are made so I need to keep moving machines any way I can!

The weekend of the show my wife & son will be at the show selling while I shuttle machines from storage to the show. I have an idea I'll actually be bringing fresh machines to the show right up until about noon Saturday. So even if you stop by to see us Thursday or Friday there will be next machines coming in the door all day long all 3 days of the show (until storage unit is empty). Be sure to check back often!

To answer the question of what era or type machines: As things stand right now I'll have everything from a very nice $125 (25 hole machine) to a project Addams Family and a little of everything in between. ALL machines will be UNTESTED project machines, ALL will be sold as-found, and most will be priced not to bring them home with me. Some EM's, some classic Bally & Stern, some earlier Williams SS, and a few DMD machines and maybe a few earlier Gottlieb SS machines if I have time to grab them.

I am not going to be giving stuff away - but my prices will be "fair" and reflect condition of each machine. The only pre show sales that will occur are machines I have already sold to people through emails. I will not have time for emails - pictures - etc between now and the show - SORRY. With somewhere between 12 and 16 loads of machines to bring home over the next few weeks (each trip being nearly 900 miles) I just don't have time for special request, pictures, or to reply to emails so please don't ask!

Thanks, Skip

#803 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am getting close to have a partial list of machines headed to the show ready. As things stand right now I have roughly 60 machines that could go to Allentown but space & time will limit what I am actually going to be able to bring to the show. (I am hoping for around 40 machines total but I'll be happy if I have time for at least 30). I have rented a 10x20 storage unit in Allentown to get a bunch of machines moved to the Allentown area ahead of time and I'll be dropping the first load in storage tomorrow. Then I'll be back on the road south again Tuesday to pick up the next load if all goes as planned. As long as everything works out ever 3 days between now and the show I'll be adding a load of machines to the storage unit - then driving 900 mile round trip to pick up next load - (and so on) right up until the day of the show.
Sadly my van died yesterday (came home via rollback) so now I am limited to 8 machines per load towing my trailer with our mini van. That is going to add a bunch of extra driving for me until I can get the van fixed. But the deals are made so I need to keep moving machines any way I can!
The weekend of the show my wife & son will be at the show selling while I shuttle machines from storage to the show. I have an idea I'll actually be bringing fresh machines to the show right up until about noon Saturday. So even if you stop by to see us Thursday or Friday there will be next machines coming in the door all day long all 3 days of the show (until storage unit is empty). Be sure to check back often!
To answer the question of what era or type machines: As things stand right now I'll have everything from a very nice $125 (25 hole machine) to a project Addams Family and a little of everything in between. ALL machines will be UNTESTED project machines, ALL will be sold as-found, and most will be priced not to bring them home with me. Some EM's, some classic Bally & Stern, some earlier Williams SS, and a few DMD machines and maybe a few earlier Gottlieb SS machines if I have time to grab them.
I am not going to be giving stuff away - but my prices will be "fair" and reflect condition of each machine. The only pre show sales that will occur are machines I have already sold to people through emails. I will not have time for emails - pictures - etc between now and the show - SORRY. With somewhere between 12 and 16 loads of machines to bring home over the next few weeks (each trip being nearly 900 miles) I just don't have time for special request, pictures, or to reply to emails so please don't ask!
Thanks, Skip

At what point does it make sense to rent a decent size truck and transport 20 to 30 games in one shot? Would save you a lot of time and fuel I think. I've done pretty well with Budget.

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

At what point does it make sense to rent a decent size truck and transport 20 to 30 games in one shot? Would save you a lot of time and fuel I think. I've done pretty well with Budget.

I'm flying up to check out the show this year. If all looks good, I'll bring back a box truck next year to possibly buy and sell.

#805 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Two issues I have with rental trucks - first off those guys all seem to be getting crazy with there prices these days and secondly is loading ramp kills my knees. I have had bad knees for years (plus feet issues recently) and using a truck with loading ramp kills me. I just went down that path this past week moving 40 machines from the sellers place to mini storage down south & I still can't put weight on my left knee.

I hate driving 1000's of extra miles but at 62 years old and working alone my body just will not take moving 30 or 40 machines in a truck by myself these days. What I wouldn't give to be 40 again! My plan was 12 machines at a time with my van & trailer but now the van is dead so mini van with trailer is my only choice until I get van fixed. (Normally the van repair is something I would do myself but with time being so tight I'll have that towed to a shop Monday or Tuesday and pay the price this time just to get it done quickly). For now at least one trip will be 8 machines with the mini van.

#806 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

I also toyed with the idea of lift gate truck but again working alone they can be a PITA. Lots of climbing instead of just riding lift up when you are working alone.

This is the first time in years I miss my Freightliner Class 8 Motorhome & big trailers. I don't miss the fuel bill but I wish I had a serious truck again for a couple weeks!

But as good as big sounds most storage units just don't have room for big anyway. So for now the "hard way" seems like it is going to be the easy way.

#807 7 years ago

I also toyed with the idea of lift gate truck but again working alone they can be a PITA. Lots of climbing instead of just riding lift up when you are working alone.
This is the first time in years I miss my Freightliner Class 8 Motorhome & big trailers. I don't miss the fuel bill but I wish I had a serious truck again for a couple weeks!
But as good as big sounds most storage units just don't have room for big anyway. So for now the "hard way" seems like it is going to be the easy way.

lift gate is the way to go. Trying to do a 900 mile trek in a day is brutal at best. Probably not doable. I'd run the numbers considering the time involved.

#808 7 years ago

Looks like I'll be able to enjoy a couple of cooler days in Allentown. Average low in May is in the 40's. Being from Florida, something else to look forward to.

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Looks like I'll be able to enjoy a couple of cooler days in Allentown. Average low in May is in the 40's. Being from Florida, something else to look forward to.

Perhaps at 3am but I wouldn't expect it. Its 82 degrees right now.

#810 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Perhaps at 3am but I wouldn't expect it. Its 82 degrees right now.

The deals on pins will be even hotter!

#811 7 years ago

All,

Don't forget - if you have a 2016 edition Pro daughterboard bring it to the show - I will update it to the new 2017 code so it has all the newest power supply indications for only $10. The only way to get an upgrade is to meet me at one of the shows I attend.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#812 7 years ago

Going to have a Mario Andretti for sale. $1k.

Game is now sold.

#813 7 years ago

Two issues I have with rental trucks - first off those guys all seem to be getting crazy with there prices these days and secondly is loading ramp kills my knees. I have had bad knees for years (plus feet issues recently) and using a truck with loading ramp kills me. I just went down that path this past week moving 40 machines from the sellers place to mini storage down south & I still can't put weight on my left knee.
I hate driving 1000's of extra miles but at 62 years old and working alone my body just will not take moving 30 or 40 machines in a truck by myself these days. What I wouldn't give to be 40 again! My plan was 12 machines at a time with my van & trailer but now the van is dead so mini van with trailer is my only choice until I get van fixed. (Normally the van repair is something I would do myself but with time being so tight I'll have that towed to a shop Monday or Tuesday and pay the price this time just to get it done quickly). For now at least one trip will be 8 machines with the mini van.

You are the man!

#814 7 years ago

Anyone from Southern NH coming to the show that can pick up & deliver so the show. If you can do this PM me!

#815 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

lift gate is the way to go. Trying to do a 900 mile trek in a day is brutal at best. Probably not doable. I'd run the numbers considering the time involved.

Ivan,

I actually spent pretty much a full day trying to get a decent price on a rental truck to make numbers work but regardless of who I tried and how I tried to rent the truck it ended up around $900 per trip in a rental truck plus fuel. That is before room rental for one night, food, or anything else. Running my vehicle with my trailer cost me about $275 a trip including fuel, food, & motel. So I can make 4 trips for less than the cost of the rental truck & fuel for one trip. And a rental truck will only move about 3 times as many machines as I can move in one shot with my van & trailer. I wish there was a better way but a lot of driving is the only way to keep my cost as low as possible so I can sell machines cheaper.

The killer with a rental truck is miles. I did rent a truck to move machines from sellers place to storage & also paid two helpers and my total U-Haul bill (including the helpers) was under $200 (just because of very few miles). But at 79 cents a mile plus the need to rent the truck for 3 days each time a rental truck gets very expensive very quickly.

#816 7 years ago

You lost me with this statement. Lots of climbing with a lift gate truck?

You roll the machine onto the lift gate and pull the little lever. The gate rises and you roll the machine into the truck. No climbing involved. It doesn't get any easier.

My friend's father who is 80 years old has a lift gate truck and a warehouse and loads stuff up in it all the time. About the only easier way you can move stuff would be to hire someone to do it for you.

#817 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

You lost me with this statement. Lots of climbing with a lift gate truck?
You roll the machine onto the lift gate and pull the little lever. The gate rises and you roll the machine into the truck. No climbing involved. It doesn't get any easier.
My friend's father who is 80 years old has a lift truck and a warehouse and loads stuff up in it all the time. About the only easier way you can move stuff would be to hire someone to do it for you.

Unless something is different these days with life gate trucks all the lift gate trucks I have used have had level under the platform on the side of the truck so you either needed to bend down to grab level or be on the ground working the lever with helper on lift gate. Being 6'6" tall bending to work the lever would likely kill me by the end of loading so I figured stand on the ground then climb up would likely be easier. I also considered hiring help but ever bit of extra money I spend has to be added to prices of machines so to keep cost down a lot of driving seems to be the "best" answer.

But regardless per mile cost kills a rental truck unless I could find one without that. And after nearly a day of calling & emailing places I couldn't find anything that would cost me less than about $900 a load plus fuel to make the round trip.

#818 7 years ago

HUO TFLE Combo I can bring to the show if prepaid.
Or I'm only about 15 minutes away. If you want to see/play in person. $4400
Near perfect condition, only very minor leg wrinkling. Best I've seen on this title.
Pretty firm on price but open to trades +/-cash.

#819 7 years ago

Ivan,
I actually spent pretty much a full day trying to get a decent price on a rental truck to make numbers work but regardless of who I tried and how I tried to rent the truck it ended up around $900 per trip in a rental truck plus fuel. That is before room rental for one night, food, or anything else. Running my vehicle with my trailer cost me about $275 a trip including fuel, food, & motel. So I can make 4 trips for less than the cost of the rental truck & fuel for one trip. And a rental truck will only move about 3 times as many machines as I can move in one shot with my van & trailer. I wish there was a better way but a lot of driving is the only way to keep my cost as low as possible so I can sell machines cheaper.
The killer with a rental truck is miles. I did rent a truck to move machines from sellers place to storage & also paid two helpers and my total U-Haul bill (including the helpers) was under $200 (just because of very few miles). But at 79 cents a mile plus the need to rent the truck for 3 days each time a rental truck gets very expensive very quickly.

Ivan,

Ivan,

Maybe your right but I do know that u-haul is not the way to go. The mileage fee is the killer. Budget and Enterprise have always been more reasonable for me. Just a suggestion.

#820 7 years ago

looking for a nice star trek premium

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Maybe your right but I do know that u-haul is not the way to go. The mileage fee is the killer. Budget and Enterprise have always been more reasonable for me. Just a suggestion.

When I was looking at renting a truck Enterprise and Budget gave the first x miles free, and all three (including uhaul) stated online to call for special rates. Hertz also rents trucks.

#822 7 years ago

Great pin. The one listed on Pinside looks nice.

Quoted from rcbrown316:

looking for a nice star trek premium

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here are some pics of my Conquest 200, that will hopefully be included in the tournament.

Wow that looks dialed! Thanks for bringing it to the show, i'll have to wear white gloves if I get a chance to play it haha

#824 7 years ago

Selling a NIB LOTR and a couple of IPB TAF playfields. No idea what to ask. Please PM if interested.

#825 7 years ago

24' Penske Truck with a lift gate
I moved 50+ video and pins in 2 trips and paid less than 300 in rental and gas. I'm sure you are going through more in just gas. Also pretty sure we got a AAA discount with them that took a little off.
Lift gate was worth it to loading​ them alone.

#826 7 years ago

Ivan,

Also, I'm sure there are a few of us in the area who would be willing to help unload to make it easier and go faster. You don't need to make this as hard as possible on yourself.

#827 7 years ago

Looking for a Gottlieb North Star

#828 7 years ago

Hey guys, I recently picked up a Stellar Wars project but it's missing the transformer.

If anyone here has a Williams 15B-6797 transformer they could sell, please shoot me a PM.

Also,
Anyone know if Rottendog or any of Jim's vendors will be at the show this year?

#829 7 years ago

I registered 6 pins for free play this AM. Operation Thunder, Big Guns, Family Guy, Maverick, Police Force, Hot Shots. If I have time will also bring a restored Funhouse, Demolition Man, Fire, and Baby Pac. However, they likely will have to wait till the next show, just not enough time in the day right now. Also will have a decent Theatre of Magic playfield that has a lower insert overlay installed and cleared over for 300 in my friends booth. Presents pretty well.

#830 7 years ago

May be able to bring these if there is interest -nice addition to a game room. All working good -$425 each or may trade towards a pinball.

20170414_152118 (resized).jpg20170414_152118 (resized).jpg

#831 7 years ago

I'm thinking about offering my T2 and Fish Tales for a 2 for 1 trade if anyone has something.

#832 7 years ago

If anyone interested I can bring a shopped and led riverboat gambler 1800 and a Fire unshopped works 100 % for 1600 will knock off 150 on package deal
Thanks

#833 7 years ago

Maybe a nice Hollywood heat to go next to my ice fever?

#834 7 years ago

Bringing a Bally Kings of Steel for free play and for sale.

#835 7 years ago

Just booked the Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West for Thursday for $115. The comfort suites and holiday inn express group blocks for pinfest were booked solid.
-Michael Schnoll
-Booth 14 in the Flea Market at Pinfest 2017
[email protected], antiqueslots.com, PinballWizard01 on YouTube, Antique Slots on Facebook

#836 7 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Looking for a Gottlieb North Star

There is one FS I posted for a friend, it will be up for FREE PLAY on Thursday afternoon.

1150. Go back a few pages maybe page 8

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/8

north star (resized).jpgnorth star (resized).jpg

#837 7 years ago

Here's a pin that doesn't pop up too often.

BonVoyage 012 (resized).JPGBonVoyage 012 (resized).JPG

#838 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

There is one FS I posted for a friend, it will be up for FREE PLAY on Thursday afternoon.
1150. Go back a few pages maybe page 8
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/8

Do you get your friends Dirty Laundry with the Pin...

#839 7 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Here's a pin that doesn't pop up too often.

You bringing it to sell? I will bring mine for sale if pre-sold!

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

You bringing it to sell?

Yup, It got a lot of play on Easter!!

#841 7 years ago

Will anyone be selling mirror blades?

#842 7 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Will anyone be selling mirror blades?

Cointaker usually has them.

#843 7 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Cointaker usually has them.

Thanks!

#844 7 years ago

Changing up the gameroom theme a bit so my Diner & Car Hop are on the block! Car Hop is about as nice as you will find with mylared playfield and zero fade cabinet. The Diner is a diamond plate Verizon with yellow wire form that I was going to send to HEP to have done. PM me for details & pics if you are interested and I can bring to the show on Friday if we have a deal done in advance.

#845 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Do you get your friends Dirty Laundry with the Pin...

Huh? Just helping a friend out I don't get commission or expect anything for my time & effort . Some pinheads are not on this forum and at times I understand why.

#846 7 years ago

Pretty sure his comments was a joke based on the clothes under the machine.

In no way was he making fun of you, your friend, or the quality of that game.

#847 7 years ago

Looking for a Xenon or Skateball: fully working, excellent backglass, good cabinet, worn playfield a plus.

#848 7 years ago

I have 2 questions . 1. Do the amount of games available go way down after the first day and

thus it really isn't worth to attend unless your there for the opener? 2. is their a game list available

as to what is available to play? Thanks

#849 7 years ago
Quoted from Mercury:

I have 2 questions . 1. Do the amount of games available go way down after the first day and
thus it really isn't worth to attend unless your there for the opener? 2. is their a game list available
as to what is available to play? Thanks

A lot of games do move on Friday. However when I was there last year, I would guesstimate the show started off Friday with 300 pins. Come Saturday, there was probably still 200-225 games there.

No game list.

#850 7 years ago

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/17?hl=flipperfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.