1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 51.
#701 6 years ago

Who's got an Ice Cold Beer they're going to bring for me at Allentown?

I'll give you cash and buy you a few ice cold beers in return.

#702 6 years ago

peeps better be bringin' da products this year. i'm going to be down to 1 pin after tomorrow. got the funds in hand!

#703 6 years ago

Anyone have debauchery planned for Friday night? I'm considering getting a hotel room so I can thoroughly defile myself.

#704 6 years ago

Looking for a Transporter The Rescue if anyone has one.

#705 6 years ago

Looking for a couple Mars 2411 dollar bill validators. I have an event the weekend after Allentown and could use at least 2

#706 6 years ago

Hoping to have my original bare CV cabinet for sale. Will only be at Pinfest Friday if at all but not too far from show. Cabinet is solid. Replaced with new cabinet is only reason for sale. Great starting point for restoration for someone without taking your machine apart.

#707 6 years ago

I'm on the hunt for a Big House, Torpedo Alley or Mousin' Around if anyone is looking to sell one of these at Pinfest.
Will most likely be bringing a nice Counterforce that will probably be for sale.
-Ran

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Anyone have debauchery planned for Friday night? I'm considering getting a hotel room so I can thoroughly defile myself.

Stay at the Comfort Inn by Dorney quite a party going on there both nights, didn't get to bed until 2:30 Friday night. nice lounge with lots of hanging with all the Pinball people when your done you can crawl to your room

#709 6 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra is sold. Still have Atlantis. Might bring an Egg Head

#710 6 years ago

Which hotel has the pinball machine setup in a room? That's where I want to stay.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Got a buddy of mine looking for a Big Hurt. Let me know if anyone has one or is bringing one. Thanks!

Big Hurt secured.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Which hotel has the pinball machine setup in a room? That's where I want to stay.

It was at the comfort inn, if I remember right there were 3 pins set up in one of the rooms, was awesome

#713 6 years ago

Hey Everyone! Just wanted to share that the IFPA tournament is officially registered, so I'm including a link to the forum topic focused on the tournament in addition to the Facebook site.

https://www.facebook.com/events/140441396490780/
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-ifpa-tournament-may-5-6

Hope to see people at the tournament!

17855587_1013171552118295_8368487138251005948_o (resized).jpg17855587_1013171552118295_8368487138251005948_o (resized).jpg

#714 6 years ago

Looking for Capt. Card, Lucky Hand and/or C37 in super nice condition for pickup at Allentown. Syracuse, NY works too.

#715 6 years ago

Who wants to play Houdini at Allentown Pinfest ? We always have the biggest booth, most new games, and this year will be no exception !

PinballSTAR Amusements is now an American Pinball distributor and will have Houdini at Allentown Pinfest May 5th and 6th.

We are taking refundable deposits of $ 250 to reserve your spot and get in line for the game or email us at [email protected] to get on the interested list as more info becomes available and game gets closer to production in later 2017. Price is $ 7,000.

More exciting news coming about Houdini and Pinfest as it gets closer...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

AmericanPinball (resized).pngAmericanPinball (resized).png

PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg

HoudiniPF (resized).jpgHoudiniPF (resized).jpg

Houdini2 (resized).jpgHoudini2 (resized).jpg

Houdini (resized).jpgHoudini (resized).jpg

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Who wants to play Houdini at Allentown Pinfest ? We always have the biggest booth, most new games, and this year will be no exception !
PinballSTAR Amusements is now an American Pinball distributor and will have Houdini at Allentown Pinfest May 5th and 6th.
We are taking refundable deposits of $ 250 to reserve your spot and get in line for the game or email us at [email protected] to get on the interested list as more info becomes available and game gets closer to production in later 2017. Price is $ 7,000.
More exciting news coming about Houdini and Pinfest as it gets closer...
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

Joe -

Ii thank you for always bringing the latest games for people to slam on. I bring something for the free play area every year, but you always have many many brand new machines for people to enjoy. I appreciate all you do. Will you be having another raffle this year?

Chris

#717 6 years ago

Thinking about bringing some games to sell. Would help if there was interest ahead of time:
T2: Very nice overall condition
Old Chicago: playfield 10, backglass 10, cabinet 9
Flip Flop: playfield 10, backglass 10, cabinet 9
Nip it: playfield 8, backglass 8, cabinet 7

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Looking for a couple Mars 2411 dollar bill validators. I have an event the weekend after Allentown and could use at least 2

I have 2, and I will be there Thursday through Friday night.

#719 6 years ago

Looking for an Addams if anyone has one to off load.

#720 6 years ago

I'll be having a garage sale this weekend with pins for sale (won't say which ones yet) but what ever doesn't sell MAY be brought to Allentown. I'll let everyone know what we're actually bringing soon. WANTED at Allentown is a Gottlieb Astro (1971) and Gottleib Pin-Up. Will only be there on Friday in booth 14 in the flea market. Only use email (below). Thanks.
-Michael Schnoll
-Booth 14 in the flea market at Pinfest 2017
[email protected], antiqueslots.com, PinballWizard01 on YouTube, Antique Slots on Facebook.

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Joe -
Ii thank you for always bringing the latest games for people to slam on. I bring something for the free play area every year, but you always have many many brand new machines for people to enjoy. I appreciate all you do. Will you be having another raffle this year?
Chris

Thank you for kind words.. We try hard to have a lot of stuff for the show attendees. We usually lose money at shows with the cost of travel, hotel, booth, food, gas, truck, etc... But we always hope we make it up with residual sale later by bringing a lot for people to play and enjoy and the good karma like this... So that's appreciated !

I'm not sure about a raffle yet... We donated 3 WOZ's in 2016... I am being encouraged to do more... I will decide soon I guess... I was thinking people are getting burnt out of raffles, and never want to wear out the welcome mat, but I keep getting asked to do them. And most importantly they produce immediate results - we keep putting games into children's hospitals so that's the biggest reason. Thanks for your support ! : )

Joe

#722 6 years ago

I would be interested in a Bally Eight Ball Champ, if anyone has one. Project okay.

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

It was at the comfort inn, if I remember right there were 3 pins set up in one of the rooms, was awesome

That was a hell of a night. Victory, jungle lord and nineball. All bought Thursday at shown in unknown state/missing a bunch of keys.

We're next door at holiday inn this year. Was a bit cheaper.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

That was a hell of a night. Victory, jungle lord and nineball. All bought Thursday at shown in unknown state/missing a bunch of keys.

Volcano.....

#725 6 years ago

No it isn't. Comfort Suites is less expensive unless you get some special discount at Holiday Inn Express or something.

Without any discounts applied the Holiday Inn Express is $106 per night and Comfort Suites is $95 per night.

They are both probably booked up now though.

I would recommend the Ramada Inn in Whitehall as the next best budget motel to look at for those attending the show this year, although it may be booked-up by now too.

The thing that sucks about the Holiday Inn Express is unlike Comfort Suites and the Ramada Inn, the Holiday Inn Express doesn't have a bar/restaurant. The rooms are a bit nicer though.

There is a better selection of restaurants and shopping near the Ramada than near Comfort Suites and the Holiday Inn Express though. All are about the same distance away from the fairgrounds.

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

N
There is a better selection of restaurants and shopping near the Ramada than near Comfort Suites and the Holiday Inn Express though.

Chicken Lounge for the win!

#727 6 years ago

There are two big malls right next to the Ramada as well as tons of restaurants. I live a couple blocks away.

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I would recommend the Ramada Inn in Whitehall as the next best budget motel to look at for those attending the show this year, although it may be booked-up by now too.

We stayed at the Ramada last year and really enjoyed the fact they had a bar and restaurant onsite, although the food wasn't the best. The bar had a couple of pinball machines so that was a plus. The other cool thing about the bar on Friday night was they hosted a comedy night for $10 with 4 different acts. 3 of the 4 were pretty good and one of them had mild celebrity status.

On that note I just booked my room at the Ramada, total with tax was $79. They still have rooms available. This year we will eat before we go back to the hotel.

#729 6 years ago

There is an awesome Mexican restaurant within walking distance if you like Mexican food.

It's called "Fiesta Ole". There are also many more within a mile including just about all the fast-food chains, Golden Corral, TGI Fridays, The Olive Garden, Longhorn, Mission Barbeque, Country Buffet, Flaming Grill & Buffet (Chinese), and tons of others. Two big malls and several smaller shopping centers as well as diners and other food places.

#730 6 years ago

I usually go on Saturday and it REALLY sucks it's the day after Cinco De Mayo!!

el norte patron (resized).jpgel norte patron (resized).jpg

#731 6 years ago

I will be there both days and looking to purchase some games.

Looking for:

Stars
Jungle Queen/Princess
Meteor

Please PM if you have any of those titles for sale and would like to unload them at the show.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I usually go on Saturday and it REALLY sucks it's the day after Cinco De Mayo!!

I have an expensive bottle of Tequila that I bought in Mexico City that I'm saving for Cinco de Mayo.

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

The thing that sucks about the Holiday Inn Express is unlike Comfort Suites and the Ramada Inn, the Holiday Inn Express doesn't have a bar/restaurant. The rooms are a bit nicer though.

Who needs a bar when you have 3 pins in the room and plenty of your own beer to share with everyone?!

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Who needs a bar when you have 3 pins in the room and plenty of your own beer to share with everyone?!

yeah, and no pregnant bar tender ejecting people. lmao

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I have an expensive bottle of Tequila that I bought in Mexico City that I'm saving for Cinco de Mayo.

Are you bringing it on Saturday??

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

yeah, and no pregnant bar tender ejecting people.

To be fair, that's how pregnancy works.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm always down for some debauchery. Like Gerry said above (80spit), stay at the Comfort Inn. They have a POTC in the lounge area we can beat on before we head out for some real trouble.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

To be fair, that's how pregnancy works.

You telling me? I have 3 kids.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

No it isn't. Comfort Suites is less expensive unless you get some special discount at Holiday Inn Express or something.
Without any discounts applied the Holiday Inn Express is $106 per night and Comfort Suites is $95 per night.
They are both probably booked up now though.
There is a better selection of restaurants and shopping near the Ramada than near Comfort Suites and the Holiday Inn Express though. All are about the same distance away from the fairgrounds.

IMG_9695 (resized).PNGIMG_9695 (resized).PNG

Don't need a bar. Bring my own drinks. If I want to play the POTC in the lobby I walk an extra 200' across the parking lot

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

We stayed at the Ramada last year and really enjoyed the fact they had a bar and restaurant onsite, although the food wasn't the best. The bar had a couple of pinball machines so that was a plus. The other cool thing about the bar on Friday night was they hosted a comedy night for $10 with 4 different acts. 3 of the 4 were pretty good and one of them had mild celebrity status.
On that note I just booked my room at the Ramada, total with tax was $79. They still have rooms available. This year we will eat before we go back to the hotel.

What pins does the Ramada have?

#741 6 years ago

Don't need a bar. Bring my own drinks. If I want to play the POTC in the lobby I walk an extra 200' across the parking lot

mic drop, Elvis has left the building....

(Sorry, couldn't resist with that profile pic lol)

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What pins does the Ramada have?

Last year was Whitewater and I can't remember the other one.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

. . . stay at the Comfort Inn. They have a POTC in the lounge area . . .

What? They got rid of Austin Powers?

#744 6 years ago

They must have jacked the rates up at the Comfort Suites just for Pinfest. I "lived" there for 6 months until my house was ready here just a few months ago.

I received an additional corporate discount on top that further reduced the price to $70 per night for a king bed.

I also stayed a few nights at the Holiday Inn Express and Ramada during that period so I got a taste of all of them.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

What? They got rid of Austin Powers?

I remember they had two games...one was POTC...don't remember what the other one was.

#746 6 years ago

mic drop, Elvis has left the building....
(Sorry, couldn't resist with that profile pic lol)

I think that so-called "Pinfest Discount" might not be that great of a deal......

https://www.choicehotels.com/pennsylvania/allentown/comfort-suites-hotels/pa117

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I think that so-called "Pinfest Discount" might not be that great of a deal......
https://www.choicehotels.com/pennsylvania/allentown/comfort-suites-hotels/pa117

True, but they make it out to seem that way- It's a great place and rate to stay when there are hundreds of pinheads heading to the area all at once

#748 6 years ago

On the hunt for the following backlgasses.....in any reasonable condition:

Aztec
Dixieland
Mata Hari
Lost World

Will be at the show Friday....and at the Ramada Friday night if anyone wants to meet up.

#749 6 years ago

Doh! I booked the wrong hotel....Wanted Holiday Inn, but booked Comfort...I like the breakfast at Hol Inn and rooms are better...O well ..Saw higher price and "assumed" that was better one.

#750 6 years ago

True, but they make it out to seem that way- It's a great place and rate to stay when there are hundreds of pinheads heading to the area all at once

I was there last year during Pinfest. I "lived" there from April until October 2016. I still had my house in Illinois until I finally moved to Allentown last November.

Quoted from Irishbastard:

Doh! I booked the wrong hotel....Wanted Holiday Inn, but booked Comfort...I like the breakfast at Hol Inn and rooms are better...O well ..Saw higher price and "assumed" that was better one.

The rooms at Comfort Suites aren't that much different and the breakfast there is just as good - plus they have a bar and a pretty-good restaurant. The Ramada isn't bad either. They just remodeled the rooms and they also have a bar.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 90.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2017-allentown/page/15?hl=coreyhulse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.