By greatwichjohn

8 months ago

Stats

• 2,500 posts
  • 375 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 703 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1886 (resized).JPG
IMG_1863 (resized).JPG
IMG_1865 (resized).JPG
IMG_1108 (resized).JPG
pb at allentown (resized).jpg
yeah-right.gif
no_irish (resized).jpg
1265Pinfest2017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1521 (resized).JPG
IMG_1523 (resized).JPG
IMG_1520 (resized).JPG
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg

There are 2500 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 51.
#1 8 months ago

Have not seen any info of show dates or info. A local group here are interested in buying classic Bally early electronic pins 1978 - 1982 & pick them up at the show. We would like to have them for free play, & get the free entry per pin. So we are looking for working or project Bally pins. Likely a bunch of us interested in the Bally pins.

#2 8 months ago

Wow, and I thought I was early last January LOL!

Pm incoming.

#3 8 months ago

I saw video from the York show that had some signage for the Allentown dates: May 5-6.

Only 6 moths away!

#4 8 months ago

LMAO, I always tell myself "Ehh, we don't need a Pinfest thread yet, I'll wait a little while" and it gets earlier and earlier every year.

One day...

#5 8 months ago

I wish Ivan still did the November show. That was cool and good timing for holiday gifts.

#6 8 months ago

Next year I'll have to make the Allentown 2018 Pinfest thread when I get home from the show

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Next year I'll have to make the Allentown 2018 Pinfest thread when I get home from the show

Six months seems so far away right now.

#8 8 months ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Ha - that's what happens for the Texas Pinball Festival!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-texas-pinball-festival

Looking at the first couple posts, the 2017 thread started before the 2016 show happened. So, you could create the thread now! BTW, Texas is a show that everybody should attend at least once... It's really THAT good!

-Rob
-visit me at TPF or Allentown to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

1 week later
#9 8 months ago

I've recently gotten paid for doing another pinball job (and will be getting paid more Sunday & Monday for more pinball work) and I'm going to try for the first time ever to actually save up a little so I can buy something really nice. Won't be able to get a DMD but maybe a nice solid-state machine to change things up a little. I always end up spending my money and using a single paycheck or two on good priced <$300 EM craigslist projects/nice games thus wiping out savings before they're even savings... gotta stay off of it!

Scraping the bottom and uncovering really underpriced gems has been fun but I really want to treat myself a little with something special! 80's games are actually where my nostalgia (even though in the 2000's) is, EMs just took over my heart - not only because of their charm, challenge, and mechanical insides, but partially because I could never afford many solid-state games. I still bask over them, and I think one would be a true "score" that feels like no other even if EMs took things over and still dominate my collection.

Getting excited for Pinfest!

#10 8 months ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I've recently gotten paid for doing another pinball job (and will be getting paid more Sunday & Monday for more pinball work) and I'm going to try for the first time ever to actually save up a little so I can buy something really nice. Won't be able to get a DMD but maybe a nice solid-state machine to change things up a little. I always end up spending my money and using a single paycheck or two on good priced <$300 EM craigslist projects/nice games thus wiping out savings before they're even savings... gotta stay off of it!
Getting excited for Pinfest!

You could bring your cash and a couple of your games to Allentown, and raise enough money to buy what you want.

You aren't going to be able to never sell your games...especially once you move out!

#11 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You could bring your cash and a couple of your games to Allentown, and raise enough money to buy what you want.

I like them too much. I have a really open mind so I've actually thoroughly enjoyed everything I have picked up and plan to keep it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You aren't going to be able to never sell your games...especially once you move out!

They'll still be waiting for me at their current location for the most part - otherwise there's always storage options until they're ready to head into a future house, or whatever. I like to think I have future commercial non-home dreams for them.

#12 8 months ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Have not seen any info of show dates or info. A local group here are interested in buying classic Bally early electronic pins 1978 - 1982 & pick them up at the show. We would like to have them for free play, & get the free entry per pin. So we are looking for working or project Bally pins. Likely a bunch of us interested in the Bally pins.

At this point DON'T ask for a list or prices but odds are we will be bringing some Bally stuff from that era along with us this year. As my posting name says we have "too-many-pins" and we have a deal in the works for a good many more. We have been out of space for years and yet somehow I keep finding more stuff to buy.

My son & I are in the hobby together and we are currently buried in project machines with another 8 to 12 coming in next weekend and that is just the first load for our latest deal. Shortly I'll be sleeping in the garage on top of pins because the dog house will be full! My wife is typically pretty good about this hobby but she is even starting to get concerned. I am very-very sick according to most people I know!

Anyway - Lots of machines headed to Allentown this Spring but what they will be is something that will be decided in March or April.

#13 8 months ago

Allentown dates: May 5-6

This is official? Or only a rumor?

#14 8 months ago

PPIIIINNNNFFEEEESSSTTTT!- the one trip I get to do with my Brother each year. Always fun.

#15 8 months ago
Quoted from splitskull:

This is official? Or only a rumor?

I think just "rumor dates" from what I can find online but even the fairground site shows it in May (unconfirmed days) and typically it would be that first weekend in May. I am sure Ivan will be posting something shortly after the New Year. I would offer to contact him but I know he is always super busy so I hate to waste his time this far ahead.

#16 8 months ago

I guess I'll have to attend this year.

#17 8 months ago

It is the 5th and 6th for 2017

Ivan
Pinfest 2017

#18 8 months ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Ivan
Pinfest 2017

Ivan,

Thanks for the update! I am sure people will be happy to know the dates for sure.

#19 8 months ago

Thanks, Ivan.

I couldn't make it last spring because it was my high school's 50th reunion. It sounded like a great show, and you can bet I'll be there in '17.

#20 8 months ago

First time attendee last year, and actually my first time ever attending a show and it was an awesome, yet overwhelming experience. Had a fantastic time and will definitely be back for both days again this year.

#21 8 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

First time attendee last year, and actually my first time ever attending a show and it was an awesome, yet overwhelming experience. Had a fantastic time and will definitely be back for both days again this year.

Ivan has done a great job since he took the show over a few years ago. My favorite part of the show is the indoor flea market and this year will be my 3rd year as a vendor their. Unless you have ever actually set up outside and had to deal with the weather it is impossible to realize just how nice of an idea that indoor flea market area is.

For anyone "on the fence" about going to the show (or setting up at the show) I have to tell you don't think twice about it - just do it - you will not be sorry!

I love the York Show also and Rich has done a great job with that show since he took that over about 4 years ago. But for some reason I just can't seem to get my act together to be able to set up at York. I am hoping for better luck this year but only time will tell! The past 3 years I didn't even make the show let alone set up at it. Something always seem to come up to keep me from going but I am going to try extra hard this Fall.

Anyway - first things first and Allentown is only about 4 months away so start planning now!

#22 8 months ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Ivan
Pinfest 2017

Thanks for confirming Ivan. Looking forward to it

#23 8 months ago

Still early, but...
I have a Williams Jokerz I can bring to the show if prepaid, it works great with a nice playfield, the top display is dead. $900 firm. See my recent activity/fs thread for more details and pictures.
Thanks, James

#24 8 months ago

I have this much time to fill my trailer!
https://days.to/5-may/2017

#25 8 months ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I have this much time to fill my trailer!
https://days.to/5-may/2017

Pete, I love the countdown clock! See you in 139 days (or maybe sooner) - Skip

PS - I know you will have a trailer full - you always do!

#26 8 months ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I like them too much. I have a really open mind so I've actually thoroughly enjoyed everything I have picked up and plan to keep it.

They'll still be waiting for me at their current location for the most part - otherwise there's always storage options until they're ready to head into a future house, or whatever. I like to think I have future commercial non-home dreams for them.

How many machines do you have now?

#27 8 months ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Ivan
Pinfest 2017

Just booked the Howard Johnson Allentown/Dorney Park for $70 per night on hotels.com.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

1 week later
#28 7 months ago

Looking for a Whirlwind, hopefully a pick up at Allentown Thx

#29 7 months ago

Pinfest 2017 is only 127 days away... We're getting closer, over 1/2 way there!

1 week later
#30 7 months ago

Is the show a good place to buy pins? Reasonably priced?
Are most ppl buying at the show, or before hand and picking up there?

#31 7 months ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Both !, usually before during and after the show.

#32 7 months ago
Quoted from PureTO:

There are some good buys to be had, depending on what you're looking for.

#33 7 months ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Last year was my first Allentown and what I found was the best part about it was the parts. A good opportunity for Canadians to save on shipping for parts that only cost a couple of dollars and usually double that or more in shipping. Contacting a vendor who will be at the show in advance is also a good idea as they can likely have your order set aside for you already paid leaving your cash available for the good eats across the way or for spontaneous deals you've found at the flea market.

#34 7 months ago

Looking for a mintie Monster Bash

#35 7 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Looking for a mintie Monster Bash

I'll buy it from you next month when you're tired of it.

#36 7 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll buy it from you next month when you're tired of it.

And I'll come over to your house to play it. Don't worry, I don't drool.

#37 7 months ago

You guys are always invited. beelxeboob, the Tron is likely staying so I am not as fickle as you think.

#38 7 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Last year was my first Allentown and what I found was the best part about it was the parts. A good opportunity for Canadians to save on shipping for parts that only cost a couple of dollars and usually double that or more in shipping. Contacting a vendor who will be at the show in advance is also a good idea as they can likely have your order set aside for you already paid leaving your cash available for the good eats across the way or for spontaneous deals you've found at the flea market.

I wasn't able to make it last year... hopefully this year will be my first visit.
Would like to find a nice Bride of Pinbot or Mousin Around.

Reason I ask is if vendors are asking high retail prices... no need to buy there, can pay top dollar anywhere, anytime.
And if I planned to bring home a new pin, I'd be renting a vehicle... otherwise I'd have to strap it to the roof of my VW Golf.

#39 7 months ago

Gwaxt72 usually seems to have the best deals on complete games, restored games and project machines at Allentown, just like he typically does on here.

#40 7 months ago
Quoted from PureTO:

I wasn't able to make it last year... hopefully this year will be my first visit.
Would like to find a nice Bride of Pinbot or Mousin Around.
Reason I ask is if vendors are asking high retail prices... no need to buy there, can pay top dollar anywhere, anytime.
And if I planned to bring home a new pin, I'd be renting a vehicle... otherwise I'd have to strap it to the roof of my VW Golf.

At the very least Allentown seems to be a really great place to meet people to pick up pre-arranged deals so if you keep your eye on the marketplace as we approach Allentown there would be a chance you could meet the seller there to save on shipping. I picked up a playfield last year and met the seller at Allentown to complete the deal. There is a BOP with the 2.0 kit for sale over on pinballrevolution. Looks like a pretty nice example.

#41 7 months ago

I would love to pick up a new Solar Ride backglass for my machine!

#42 7 months ago

I'll be looking for a BTTF playfield and ramp

Added 7 months ago: Also will be looking for a dedicated Frogger upright

#43 7 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Gwaxt72 usually seems to have the best deals on complete games, restored games and project machines at Allentown, just like he typically does on here.

plus he brings a ton of parts!. I was able to get a coin door and a few other misc parts for pretty good price. I just wish i had bought more! Wont make that mistake again.

Definitely going again this year, hopefully i can bring some more pinheads with me and spend some more time there.

#44 7 months ago

I'll be bring a couple first timers to this year's show.

This will be my 4th pinfest.

#45 7 months ago

Going to be in the market for a NIB in the next few months. Still undecided if it will be woz, gb, or Aerosmith. Was wondering if it would be worth waiting until the show or if the prices there are no different than I could get tomorrow. Interested in Demo's also if the price is right. What has everyone noticed in the past with show prices? Have been to pinfest but wasn't looking for NIB at the time so didn't really look at prices.

#46 7 months ago
Quoted from CJD312:

Going to be in the market for a NIB in the next few months. Still undecided if it will be woz, gb, or Aerosmith. Was wondering if it would be worth waiting until the show or if the prices there are no different than I could get tomorrow. Interested in Demo's also if the price is right. What has everyone noticed in the past with show prices? Have been to pinfest but wasn't looking for NIB at the time so didn't really look at prices.

How much do demo pins get knocked down at show?

#47 7 months ago

Buy a demo you can inspect. Avoid the NIB unpleasant surprises. A friend of mine got a LUCI demo for $6,000 at a show. Save some $$$

Quoted from CJD312:

#48 7 months ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

How much do demo pins get knocked down at show?

At Pinburgh I could of had a Met or GB Pro for $4600. But I would have had to wait until the end of the show.

#49 7 months ago

I have a Night Rider SS available that a Canadian pinsider has bought and hasn't picked it up yet, he asked me to pass it on. It has a mint backglass, very good cabinet and a NOS playfield installed, so it's a really great example. There is no cpu board. I had tested a good cpu in it and everything worked fine, 2 displays were bad. $1000 and can bring to Allentown.

thanks, James

#50 7 months ago

I'll be bringing another load of backglasses, woodrail legs, coin boxes, metal legs, metal back doors, etc and a couple dozen project machines to the indoor flea market again this year. No list or anything until about two weeks before the show. Same space as the past couple years back in the corner by the bathrooms.

This years my load may be limited by trailer size unless I decide to rent storage in Allentown and move some machines into the Allentown area ahead of time. No shortage of machines & parts to sell just limited on how much I can move with a smaller trailer. Two spaces will be rented again - I just need to figure out how to move more stuff to Allentown once show gets a little closer.

Can't wait until show is actually underway. Hopefully this year will be better than last as far as set up day! I know I'll check in with Ivan ahead of time this year instead of waiting around 5 hours to get unloaded. I know last year was not his fault but it was disappointing to get their at noon and not be able to get into the building until after 5 PM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 12.95
€ 8.40
£ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Machine - For Sale
Chicagoland, IL
$ 989.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 140.00
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 2500 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.