(Topic ID: 117440)

Pinfest 2015 Wanted to buy and/or sell or just have on Free Play?

By dmacy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pinphila
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Hard to believe we're only a few months away. What's everyone bringing to sell, looking to buy or bringing to share to play on free play?

At this point I'm not looking to sell anything but we all know how that goes. Will be looking for an AC/DC and Williams IJ.

Add yourself to the event if you're going:

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pinfest-2015-2015

#2 9 years ago

Thanks for this thread D! I'm in and can't wait! Pinfest is an AMAZING show! Well worth the 6 hour drive it takes for me to get there.

Ivan does an amazing job with his show. The amount of vendors, people and of course machines in the free play area make this event a MUST attend!

Can't wait to see everyone there.

Bring on the nice weather and bring on PINFEST!!!

#3 9 years ago

Might be willing to part with my EM Card Trix...

2 weeks later
#4 9 years ago

Second half of February bump. Less than 3 months!

#5 9 years ago

This will be my first pinball event of any kind and I am excited. Looking to go and play some games and would love to bring a machine home.. Indianapolis 500, if one is there!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

This will be my first pinball event of any kind and I am excited. Looking to go and play some games and would love to bring a machine home.. Indianapolis 500, if one is there!

You won't be disappointed even if I500 isn't there. Tons of machines to play and possibly buy. Someone may see your post by then and offer to bring one there to sell you.

#7 9 years ago

i hope that the "orbitor 1" is there again... that thing is a blast to play...

i hope to bring home something that is in restorable condition...

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i hope that the "orbitor 1" is there again... that thing is a blast to play...
i hope to bring home something that is in restorable condition...

First time I played it was last year at the Pacific Pinball Museum and it is a cool and unique game!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

First time I played it was last year at the Pacific Pinball Museum and it is a cool and unique game!

yea it is... it takes a few plays to catch on to "how to play it", but once you do, it really is fun (and frustrating!)...

i wouldn't mind having one, although i'm too cheap to actually buy one...

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

Will be my first event too. Taking my two boys out of school to go with me. They're pinball junkies since getting our first machine last year. It's great to see the next generation enjoy the things we have a passion for from our childhood. Looking forward to it.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

You won't be disappointed even if I500 isn't there. Tons of machines to play and possibly buy. Someone may see your post by then and offer to bring one there to sell you.

Oh, absolutely. I know I am going to have an amazing time. I plan to bring SOMETHING pinball home, I am just hoping it is I500! Could be anything though... could be 2 pins! I am not ruling anything out!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Covey:

Will be my first event too. Taking my two boys out of school to go with me. They're pinball junkies since getting our first machine last year. It's great to see the next generation enjoy the things we have a passion for from our childhood. Looking forward to it.

I like your style... let the boys skip school to enjoy some pinball! I know you will all have a great time!

#13 9 years ago

I will be there for sure. This year was so busy so I'm not sure I will have another restoration for everyone to enjoy. I was hoping I would have my algar restoration done for the shows but it's not looking too good. I will bring the game regardless hopefully even if its just in good playing shape so everyone can enjoy this rare but awesome game

#14 9 years ago

I will be there! Will try to bring a game. Not sure what yet though.

Maybe LOTR again? Or BK2K, but I am not sure it would hold up.

Chris

#15 9 years ago

btw, big shout out to the people who bring games to the free play area... it's not like it is a piece of cake to load up, unload, set up and then reverse the process... so good on ya...

#16 9 years ago

I will be there, but not bringing my STTNG. Last year there were 2 or 3 STTNGs, all out of service. Finicky machine.

#17 9 years ago

It's difficult to decide what to bring. Sometimes there are multiples, but sometimes not

One year, I brought my BK2K - there were 3 others there.
One year, I brought Mousin' Around - 2 others there
It's a crap shoot
Last year I took LOTR. There was another there on Friday but Saturday it left early and only mine was there (I think).

Chris

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

It's difficult to decide what to bring. Sometimes there are multiples, but sometimes not
One year, I brought my BK2K - there were 3 others there.
One year, I brought Mousin' Around - 2 others there
It's a crap shoot
Last year I took LOTR. There was another there on Friday but Saturday it left early and only mine was there (I think).
Chris

You are correct Chris. My LOTR sold on Friday. Miss that game.

#19 9 years ago

Nice. I heard it was quite nice.

Chris

#20 9 years ago

Expect a MUCH bigger and better show this year at Allentown Pinfest !!! Looking forward to Ivan's announcements !

PinballSTAR Amusements will be there again and we will once again be adding to the lineup of new games we will have available for everyone to play / purchase... We are distributors for more companies than last year and might even add another one or two by showtime : ).... Hopefully, I can continue to have our booth be the place you can see some of the newest games from the new manufacturers without having to fly to Chicago ! As we have in the past two years with WOZ and AMH we will again have the NEWEST must see games in our booth.

Expect many of these games in our booth NEW IN BOX ready to take home as well as to try out...

Jersey Jack Pinball -
Wizard of Oz
The Hobbit

Planetary Pinball -
Medieval Madness Remake

Spooky Pinball -
America's Most Haunted

Virtuapin

... and maybe another one or two boutique companies we are now in discussions with to represent...
... maybe I'll bring the creepy dancing puppets machine again ! lol

If you would like to pre-order any games above give us a call maybe delivery / pickup at the show can be arranged !

Ivan - I'm gonna need a bigger boat !!! lol

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#21 9 years ago

I will be bringing a Roller Coaster Tycoon for free play and FS on the floor. I am debating on another title for free play as well.

Last year was a Bugs Bunny and the year before i had a sample Diner in the awesome system 11 row by Silver Unicorn.

I should have the BBQ in the outdoor flea going. Stop by for a dog or a drink.

mark

#22 9 years ago

The BBBB and Diner were AWESOME!

Looking forward to seeing you again (but I am horrible with names, so I miss half the people I want to see).

Chris

#23 9 years ago

This should be another great year. Hope to meet up with more guys this year. Wait, that didn't sound right!

#24 9 years ago

Might have the following there:
iM
Bdk
JD
Cbw
Batman forever

Depends what gets fixed, what will take 8
Hours of constant play and is not finicky, and whether I need to sell I order to
Get something different.

Hopefully the Wwfle is there!

#25 9 years ago

Will anyone be bringing/selling glass?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Todd from TNT always has used glass at Allentown.

#27 9 years ago

I would love to bring back a Stern Cheetah, Hotdoggin or Paragon in good shape.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

There has been a vendor there the last few years selling new playfield glass and translight glass. Very reasonably priced if I recall.

#29 9 years ago

Todd had said that he would not be there as a vendor this year. Hope he changed his mind, but that was the last I heard.

Chris

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

There has been a vendor there the last few years selling new playfield glass and translight glass. Very reasonably priced if I recall.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for.

#31 9 years ago

I wanna f'n Centaur and I wanna f'n BSD! Project machines! I can't stress this enough. Project machines! That means "project" prices. i may have had one too many so please excuse my French!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for.

Me too. Was $25 bucks for standard. BTW...love the STIII avatar.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

i may have had one too many so please excuse my French!

On a Sunday morning???

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

On a Sunday morning???

I work 12 hr. night shifts so the concept of morning vs. night doesn't normally apply with booze in my case. Holidays don't either. But...I have put in for vacation on May 1st and 2nd for Pinfest. Refuse to miss the Allentown Show. Gotta go to bed now. F'n snow to be blowed and/or shoveled when I get up.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I work 12 hr. night shifts so the concept of morning vs. night doesn't normally apply with booze in my case. Holidays don't either. But...I have put in for vacation on May 1st and 2nd for Pinfest. Refuse to miss the Allentown Show.

God bless you man. Did swing shift for 6 years and still not right years later. Nights are worse. Looking forward to seeing you in May.

#36 9 years ago

Swung for the last two years but the chief allowed some people to be permanent for a while. We'll see how long that lasts. Got me one of those fancy Pinside badges that I laminated. Be wearing it on Friday. Wife thought there was something wrong with me. Told her that there was something wrong with her for marrying me.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I work 12 hr. night shifts so the concept of morning vs. night doesn't normally apply with booze in my case. Holidays don't either. But...I have put in for vacation on May 1st and 2nd for Pinfest. Refuse to miss the Allentown Show. Gotta go to bed now. F'n snow to be blowed and/or shoveled when I get up.

Well that makes sense! This is funny...I was thinking, "Maybe the guy lives in Europe or something and it's already Sunday afternoon...but then what the hell is he doing going to Allentown???"

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Wife thought there was something wrong with me. Told her that there was something wrong with her for marrying me.

I'll get you a drink at the show just for that comment. Brought my first pin home last night and am going through a mini hell at the moment with the wifey.

#39 9 years ago

The mini-hell is temporary if it's a game she ends up liking. It's always about the space/money thing until they hit the Start button...

#40 9 years ago

Words of encouragement indeed, but she's not a fan of pinball. A long road I have ahead of me.

#41 9 years ago

follow

#42 9 years ago

Good call on the badges. People will avoid me more if I wear mine lol!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from guarda:

I'll get you a drink at the show just for that comment. Brought my first pin home last night and am going through a mini hell at the moment with the wifey.

Don't you know every new to you Pin comes with an additional price, I get a pin Wife gets something,
Better get out and take her shopping!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

I plan to bring SOMETHING pinball home, I am just hoping it is I500!

Pincrossing did have an I500 and unless I heard incorrectly, he was selling it.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from guarda:

I go through the same thing with the wife. It is mostly a space thing with her so what I did was make more space by throwing out some stuff. Some of it was hers (with her approval) but she was just happy to have me clean the basement. A surprise gift doesn't hurt either (got her a nice necklace she was eyeing at the jewelry store). Allowed me to squeeze in that the goal is to have 5 pins total one day soon. She is actually coming with me May 1st and is cool with coming home with a new pin so all good!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Pincrossing did have an I500 and unless I heard incorrectly, he was selling it.

Not sure I can pull the cash out now. Unforeseen vet bills and still paying off my Theatre of Magic, then I can save up the cash for a new addition. Should be ready for May 1st though so hopefully he still has it. I am of course open to other pins but I have been wanting an I500 since I played it in Vegas. Fun (and frustrating) pin!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from njgsx96:

Allowed me to squeeze in that the goal is to have 5 pins total one day soon. She is actually coming with me May 1st and is cool with coming home with a new pin so all good!

Yeah. Right. My goal was 3 pins 18 months ago. I'm up to 6 with a possible seventh coming by the end of the year.

I'll see you at Allentown. We should introduce our wives to each other so they can talk shit about us.

Women love doing that to hubby pinheads.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Don't you know every new to you Pin comes with an additional price, I get a pin Wife gets something,
Better get out and take her shopping!

I already got her everything she wants!

#49 9 years ago

Wanted TOM

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah. Right. My goal was 3 pins 18 months ago. I'm up to 6 with a possible seventh coming by the end of the year.
I'll see you at Allentown. We should introduce our wives to each other so they can talk shit about us.
Women love doing that to hubby pinheads.

I actually derived that goal based on space. I have room for 5 pins. I can only do more if I sell the MAME cabinet or virtual pin. Virtual pin is always for sale so maybe 6 one day?

The other constraint is money. I have too many expensive hobbies!

But yeah, let's meet up at Allentown!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2015-wanted-to-buy-andor-sell-or-just-have-on-free-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.