Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gac
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Iphone 2014 068.JPG
    Iphone 2014 080.JPG
    image-684.jpg
    image-628.jpg
    image-430.jpg
    image-318.jpg
    image-86.jpg
    DSCF8178.JPG
    DSCF8165.JPG
    DSCF8177.JPG
    DSCF8176.JPG
    DSCF8175.JPG
    DSCF8174.JPG
    DSCF8173.JPG
    DSCF8172.JPG
    DSCF8171.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesster64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 9 years ago

I went yesterday, got there around 12:30. no line. Just a great great time. My friend and I decided to walk around first to see everything. It took us 4 hrs. There was just machine after machine we had to stop and play. Really loved the barbwire machine, strange science, big game hunter, and star gate. I even enjoyed baywatch, but was happy the sounds and music were turned way down. Missed out on tales of the arabian nights, which i really wanted to play but just ran out of time. Same goes for lord of the rings. Didn't see near as many WOZ as last year.I don't know if jersey jack was even there. Saw 4 doctor whos. Got to play one a few times. I really want to love this PIN and would buy in the 1300-1500$ range, but over $2000, its just not $2000 worth of fun. Played mustang. Did not enjoy. Looked a long time at virtual pin machine. I would not buy one, but I can see the appeal. I also played dr who on the virtual game. Sounds were all there, but time expander is not 3D so it loses all appeal. But when you play avengers, you have figures that are continuously moving on the board, which is pretty cool. Saw a lot of PINs going out the door friday night. Really really pissed I did not buy the submarine game for $100. The periscope alone would be worth that but every repair guy i talked to cringed when I said monitor problems. Plus I had no more room since i took home metallica pro.
    First time I went into farmers market. Had a great meal and had to run back before they closed to buy pies and nuts.
    vendor area wasn't as full as last year. Some games were set to 5 balls, which made me feel guilty sometimes when someone was waiting. Rarely waited longer than a minute to play any game. I hate to say it, but barely played any ems. 9 hrs later my knees were killing me but I had a a blast. If only I could get marco to part with one of those metallica banners. I want to thank everyone who brought a game. Some really rare and cool ones I haven't played before. Rumor was next Stern PIN is led zepplin or walking dead.
    One thing really turned me off. Me and a friend were talking with speaker vendor. We were interested in his better systems and shaker motors. We were discussing the differences, when he excused himself and went over to another customer. So we walked away. I did buy that big creature from the black lagoon banner/application.
    Also had a chance to play avatar. Not as much fun as spiderman or new star trek. I would even prefer a stargate over it. wish list for next year, stargate,barbwire,24, or strange science.

#45 9 years ago

also, didn't see any POTc's. I did see popeye,flintstones,rocky and bullwinkle, and bone busters.

#58 9 years ago

forgot to mention whodunnit. Really really enjoyed that one. Also didn't see a transformers this year. Enjoyed the hotshots but really worn playfield if I recall. I need to bring notebook with me next time to keep track of machines.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

That one was mine. Glad you folks enjoyed it

Thanks for bringing the whodunnit. I never played one before and now its on the wish list.
    There were 2 machines in the same row, spectrum i think, one was loaded with LEDs and one wasn't. Looked like 2 completely different games. Blue directional LEDS on playfield just made it POP.
    anyone ever pick up the submarine game for $100? I was thinking the periscope would be a blast in any kids playhouse if game wasn't repairable.
    also loved the celebrity owned items that were framed. Sinatra's screen worn calvalry uniform. very cool

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesster64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2014-allentown-pa-photos?tu=jesster64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.