5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gac
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 89 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Iphone 2014 068.JPG
    Iphone 2014 080.JPG
    image-684.jpg
    image-628.jpg
    image-430.jpg
    image-318.jpg
    image-86.jpg
    DSCF8178.JPG
    DSCF8165.JPG
    DSCF8177.JPG
    DSCF8176.JPG
    DSCF8175.JPG
    DSCF8174.JPG
    DSCF8173.JPG
    DSCF8172.JPG
    DSCF8171.JPG

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

I really loved the Fireball that was there today. It played so well. My wife was laughing out loud at the disc throwing the ball around. First zipper flipper game for her too. It wasn't for sale, and I don't blame the owner one bit. I hadn't played a Fireball in a long time. It was the Saturday highlight for us.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

I went yesterday, got there around 12:30. no line. Just a great great time. My friend and I decided to walk around first to see everything. It took us 4 hrs. There was just machine after machine we had to stop and play. Really loved the barbwire machine

Barb Wire is surprisingly fun. I wouldn't mind picking one up myself.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from neurokinetik:

Shot a quick video walkaround, mostly of the free play area. I missed shooting the front area, where Stern/Marco, WOOLY, and AMH were, along with several other vendors. Color balance is being processed, so if it looks too blue, check it out in a few minutes.
    ยป YouTube video

Great video.

#54 5 years ago

Wooly, nineball, and fireball were all great fun. Good show.

#55 5 years ago

When there for a Godzilla. Played it...liked it. No Not For Sale sign...no phone number...

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

When there for a Godzilla. Played it...liked it. No Not For Sale sign...no phone number...

My friend in Ottawa purchased the Godzilla.
    Word is, his friend also pre-purchased the other (super nice) one being offered by Flipper Fidelity. Never made it into the show.

Glad to see that the Banzai Run I brought down on a pre-arranged sale ended up getting set up for free play by the new owner... and used in the tournament I think

Great show again this year!
    Only regret was not getting to see Predator.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

My friend in Ottawa purchased the Godzilla.
    Word is, his friend also pre-purchased the other (super nice) one being offered by Flipper Fidelity. Never made it into the show.
    Glad to see that the Banzai Run I brought down on a pre-arranged sale ended up getting set up for free play by the new owner... and used in the tournament I think
    Great show again this year!
    Only regret was not getting to see Predator.

Wanted to play the Godzilla, looked really fun. But today the left flipper stopped working and it was turned off.

#58 5 years ago

forgot to mention whodunnit. Really really enjoyed that one. Also didn't see a transformers this year. Enjoyed the hotshots but really worn playfield if I recall. I need to bring notebook with me next time to keep track of machines.

#59 5 years ago

Anyone have the contact info for the Whodunnit? I forgot to right it down.

#60 5 years ago

Great photos, Thanks!

Was Doug Huse from Lets Play Pinball there?

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Wanted to play the Godzilla, looked really fun. But today the left flipper stopped working and it was turned off.

The left flipper was fine when I played it. I came back to play it again later on and it was dead. I didn't get a chance to see the head work....

#62 5 years ago

That Whodunnit was absolutely gorgeous!

Was glad I had a chance to play Barb Wire, but it was set to five ball and has pretty long ball times to begin with. Made for a pretty excruciating tournament game.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from BobLangelius:

Great photos, Thanks!
    Was Doug Huse from Lets Play Pinball there?

He dropped off a few cabs to some people outside the show Saturday but didn't have the booth up.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

forgot to mention whodunnit. Really really enjoyed that one. Also didn't see a Transformers this year. Enjoyed the hotshots but really worn playfield if I recall. I need to bring notebook with me next time to keep track of machines.

That one was mine. Glad you folks enjoyed it

#65 5 years ago

Eric, your games looked great...what was up with Xenon? Ball stuck in saucer all it seemed. Did the WD? Sell?

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

That is my wife and me playing next to her.
    Too funny.

There were a bunch of women this weekend. Some young, some old. I talked with several WONDERFUL couples at the show and it was truly great to see so many wives enjoying pinball every bit as much as their husbands or any one of us guys. Hugs and 5 up to you ladies.

Congrats to you guys who's wives and girlfriends are as wacky over pinball as you! I wish my wife was. *Sigh*

FYI...I got the "Off with your head" sign from my wife if I bought anymore machines than the 2 deals I was already picking up there. Not good. LOL

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

Chill Nate. This is a pinball info site. If you had a machine you were going to sell and didn't really know what they were going for a show like this could give you a very good example of what they are going for. Didn't seem like the op had a problem with passing useful information along so why do you have a problem??????????

No, problem, was posted in jest - I was laughing about the posts, it showed the enthusiasm of the pin-fanatics that's all.........

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Eric, your games looked great...what was up with Xenon? Ball stuck in saucer all it seemed. Did the WD? Sell?

Bad solenoid connector. It worked when it wanted to. I didn't have time at the show to repin it. I was too exhausted at that point. Game is back at my house and will be fully repinned and working 100 percent before I list it here.

Who Dunnit did sell and shorty lafter I was putting the head down a husband and wife walked up to it, and the wife yelled at the husband, "SEE!!! I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE GONE!!!" I felt bad for that guy, as it will probably be a long ride home for him.

#69 5 years ago

Jester, thanks for the very comprehensive write up - good job!!

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I Saw the Xenon on Friday and it was just beautiful, If I hadn't bought one of them many Dr Who's there, I would have bought this one, can't believe it did not sell , Now I know how nice they can really look, Didn't get to play it as on my 2nd stroll around Eric was working on that connector. At least I know its still available! Go figure, last year NO DW 's this year at least 4 of them

#71 5 years ago

Where was that Xenon? Was it sorta in the middle of one of the rows?

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It was in the middle and in the right down the the isle from the guy selling glass I think

#73 5 years ago

I want to thank everyone who brought pins to the show for free play. Until you bring games to a show, you really don't realize how much work it is. I brought 3 games, 2 for free play and one pre-sold. I was lucky enough to get free access to a 6' by 12' trailer which made things a little easier, I still had to haul all 3 pins from the basement. Also brought some backglasses and pf's. I didn't get to bed until almost 3 am Fri and left the house 6:30 am to get to Allentown and set up for Friday's show. Stayed till 9 pm and was back 8:30 am Sta. I brought and sold my first game F2K, I was pleasantly surprised to see how many guys actually like F2K, also the Nine ball was big hit.

I got to see and play some great games that I havn't seen before. I especially liked "redeyes" BK2K, Chad's T2 and Jim's restored Taxi. There was also a real nice restored HS there. I see some familiar faces there every year, hopefully will find out who they are one of these years LOL.
    Pinfest 2014 was awesome!
    Rich

#74 5 years ago

Thanks fro the pics. Bummed I missed it this year. Always a good time.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

It was in the middle and in the right down the the isle from the guy selling glass I think

Was this the gorgeous one for 2k? I think there were three Xenons total. One outside and two inside. The guy outside was asking $1,200 which was just too much, especially when you saw that beautiful LED'd one inside.

#76 5 years ago

Who had all the Circuit Boards in the vendor area ? Was there a WPC (for TAF) threre ?

#77 5 years ago

Both Great Plains Modular and Rottendog were selling circuit boards in the vendor area. Rottendog has their boards mounted on red displays and powered up if that helps you figure out which one you mean.

#78 5 years ago

Pinovators had a table full of misc. boards. We bought a WPC 95 driver and AV board. Great deal!

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

Was this the gorgeous one for 2k? I think there were three Xenons total. One outside and two inside. The guy outside was asking $1,200 which was just too much, especially when you saw that beautiful LED'd one inside.

Yup thats the one, with all the LEDs I felt the price was right for a plug and play pin

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

That one was mine. Glad you folks enjoyed it

Thanks for bringing the whodunnit. I never played one before and now its on the wish list.
    There were 2 machines in the same row, spectrum i think, one was loaded with LEDs and one wasn't. Looked like 2 completely different games. Blue directional LEDS on playfield just made it POP.
    anyone ever pick up the submarine game for $100? I was thinking the periscope would be a blast in any kids playhouse if game wasn't repairable.
    also loved the celebrity owned items that were framed. Sinatra's screen worn calvalry uniform. very cool

#81 5 years ago

I know the guy that bought the Sea Wolf, it is already fixed.

#82 5 years ago

great pix.

thanks for posting !

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from F14_Hitman:

I know the guy that bought the Sea Wolf, it is already fixed.

Awesome game!

#84 5 years ago

The Swords of Fury was not for sale. Anyone here snag the Grand Lizard that was for sale? I only saw it when it was shrink wrapped? What kind of shape was it in?

#85 5 years ago

We sold the Grand Lizard. It was a good players machine with a NOS translite and a few other upgrades. The buyer had a brand new playfield for it so it should turn out real sweet.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Anyone know if the Spectrum was for sale and did it sell?
    Thanks

One of those belongs to my brother Stephen. It had a professionally touched up and clearcoated pf. It was not for sale. The second one was for sale but I do not know if it sold. Odd that there were two examples of this pretty rare pin.

#87 5 years ago

Yeah it sold..the one in the last row. I was talking to the guy that owned it when the buyer game to pay. He said he sold it earlier in the day

Quoted from Mark-WVpinball:

One of those belongs to my brother Stephen. It had a professionally touched up and clearcoated pf. It was not for sale. The second one was for sale but I do not know if it sold. Odd that there were two examples of this pretty rare pin.

#88 5 years ago

So many great pictures but weren't there any "Best of show" Roller Discos &/or Strange Sciences at this show?? Somebody was selling some really HOT posters there!

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Yeah it sold..the one in the last row. I was talking to the guy that owned it when the buyer game to pay. He said he sold it earlier in the day

Quoted from Mark-WVpinball:

Ok, thanks for the info.

#90 5 years ago

i think i saw a Strange Science in one of the pix. maybe it was on another thread?

#91 5 years ago

Man those pics reminded me of so many games I wanted to try but never got a chance to..

I was glad to get some quality time with WOOLY though, I think that game is going to be a hit.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from BK2014:

So many great pictures but weren't there any "Best of show" Roller Discos &/or Strange Sciences at this show?? Somebody was selling some really HOT posters there!

I am guessing you may be affiliated with GRC? Maybe not, but that was a pretty specific comment

The Strange Science was pretty amazing though, I will give you that!

Chris

#93 5 years ago

image-684.jpgimage-318.jpgimage-430.jpgimage-628.jpgimage-318.jpg

#94 5 years ago

That WOZ looks like its running windows XP

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Im curious about that as well. Was the monitor just plugged into another machine or something?

#96 5 years ago

It was just being used as a juke box to demo the sound system. It was an empty cab.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

We had a cycling video of our products for woz. Inside the cabinet was the factory amp we designed with our new cabinet speaker upgrade that uses the fourth unused channel on the amp. Doubles the power to a even better speaker. While the video was cycling we had music rubbing from my phone all weekend showing off our new Bluetooth juke box mod. Sold out of the Bluetooth mod will have to make more soon.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It looked better than it did back in the day, with the LEDs etc. really wanted to play but didn't get the chance. And I'm not a fan of Xenon. Hated it when it came out! But I want to revisit and see what I missed.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

We had a cycling video of our products for woz. Inside the cabinet was the factory amp we designed with our new cabinet speaker upgrade that uses the fourth unused channel on the amp. Doubles the power to a even better speaker. While the video was cycling we had music rubbing from my phone all weekend showing off our new Bluetooth juke box mod. Sold out of the Bluetooth mod will have to make more soon.

After listening to MET with your headphone set up I was sold! I was the "silverballmaniac1" email address if you recall from late Saturday. Were you the taller guy or the shorter guy (dark skin, dark hair) helping me in the booth? You guys have an amazing product.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from BK2014:

Meh.

Just kidding. Those games looked great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 6.00
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.99
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside