Forum Topic

Forum » All Pinball » PINFEST 2012 PHOTOS

PINFEST 2012 PHOTOS

0
No one calls this topic a favorite. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By HELLODEADCITY

3 years ago


Stats

  • Started 3 years ago
  • 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JoeJet

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!



#1 3 years ago

Some of the photos I took at Allentown on Friday
was a great show and feel free to add any you have taken
lets try and keep them under 800 if possible -

32.jpg32.jpg 33.jpg33.jpg 34.jpg34.jpg


#2 3 years ago

few more

35.jpg35.jpg 36.jpg36.jpg 37.jpg37.jpg 38.jpg38.jpg 39.jpg39.jpg 40.jpg40.jpg


#3 3 years ago

Looks fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us HDC.


#4 3 years ago

nice


#5 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing..


#6 3 years ago

some more

44.jpg44.jpg 45.jpg45.jpg 46.jpg46.jpg 47.jpg47.jpg 48.jpg48.jpg 49.jpg49.jpg


#7 3 years ago

I'd have to say I have never seen such a great amount of older Stern pins before

50.jpg50.jpg 51.jpg51.jpg 52.jpg52.jpg


#8 3 years ago

just a few more

41.jpg41.jpg 42.jpg42.jpg 43.jpg43.jpg


#9 3 years ago

Looks fun.

Alot of hard to find older games I would like to get more time playing.


#10 3 years ago

Hey thanks for looking
if you want to add pics from this event or even start a new thread it ok with me.
I love seeing photos from shows around the world and thats what this site is about
pinball all over the globe - cool to see what turns up you just never know


#11 3 years ago

Transporter kicks ass.

Not an often seen game either.


#12 3 years ago

Alot of unique sys 11 games but that sure is a hard one to find...


#13 3 years ago

Suppose to be there by now. Sitting in traffic because the GWB is closed because of traffic!


#15 3 years ago

Man I love the old blackglass's like Globetrotter. Cool.


#16 3 years ago

Sorry I missed everyone at 3pm, I was back at my buddy's place hooking up the MNF he bought in the pic above. It's his first pin so he was super excited to get it back to his place and functioning . Well I am sure everyone knows how the story goes, after a few "test" games and a few beers we didn't get back to the show until after 5pm at that point couldn't find many pinsiders .

Anyway it was a great time at pinfest!


#17 3 years ago

*Gulp* that first pic made my jaw drop. 3 of my most desired pins all sitting in the same row (bk2k, Whirlwind, earthshaker)


#18 3 years ago

Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77983780@N06/sets/72157629603284288/show/


#19 3 years ago
jackal2001 said:

Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77983780@N06/sets/72157629603284288/show/

I am in three of those photos. Two of them I am in the background, but one of them you took a picture of me playing f-14.


#20 3 years ago
jackal2001 said:

Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77983780@N06/sets/72157629603284288/show/

Thanks for the pics. I'm sad to say I have never attended a show ;(
I was hoping to go to Allentown this year but an unplanned business trip put the kibosh on that.

Lots of cool stuff. I'd love to have one of those CAD drawings of my favourite games. And, who was selling all that multi-coloured rubber?


#21 3 years ago

thanks everyone for sharing your pics, there is so much to see. I really want to get out to any show or expo soon.


#22 3 years ago
EvilJack said:

jackal2001 said:Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77983780@N06/sets/72157629603284288/show/
I am in three of those photos. Two of them I am in the background, but one of them you took a picture of me playing f-14.

That f14 was a PIG. It barely had flipper rubbers on it and the tilt was set to LUDICROUS. Not worth no $1400....not even half that.


#23 3 years ago
Pinballerchef said:

EvilJack said:jackal2001 said:Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77983780@N06/sets/72157629603284288/show/
I am in three of those photos. Two of them I am in the background, but one of them you took a picture of me playing f-14.
That f14 was a PIG. It barely had flipper rubbers on it and the tilt was set to LUDICROUS. Not worth no $1400....not even half that.

Maybe that's why didn't enjoy playing it. Almost walked away before I even finished a game.


#24 3 years ago
Pinballerchef said:

EvilJack said:jackal2001 said:Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77983780@N06/sets/72157629603284288/show/
I am in three of those photos. Two of them I am in the background, but one of them you took a picture of me playing f-14.
That f14 was a PIG. It barely had flipper rubbers on it and the tilt was set to LUDICROUS. Not worth no $1400....not even half that.

It did have potential but not even close to $1400. I thought about offering $700. That's where I would have been on it. I didn't want to insult the guy though.


#25 3 years ago

My favorite clunker, by far, was the 'getaway' near the cointaker booth. It was such a dog. To call it dirty doesn't do it justice. The 'start' button, and the launch seemed to be the only 2 switches that worked. A total of 4 light bulbs glowed. I'm not certain any of the rails were actually screwed into the pf. The supercharger would just open, and no magnets would fire.. The ball would just enter it partially, then come barrelling back down the ramp (down the center, ending your game if you were lucky). But I wasn't that lucky, it just bounced off the top of the slings that didn't fire.

I wanted to check inside for raccoons nesting, but then I realized no self-respecting animal would sleep near that thing...

Price, you ask???.......

Only $1650!

I'm surprised someone didn't buy it and just mark it up to 1750, by simply crossing out the '6'.

That seems to be the cool new thing to do.

-jon


#26 3 years ago
bigehrl said:

My favorite clunker, by far, was the 'getaway' near the cointaker booth. It was such a dog. To call it dirty doesn't do it justice. The 'start' button, and the launch seemed to be the only 2 switches that worked. A total of 4 light bulbs glowed. I'm not certain any of the rails were actually screwed into the pf. The supercharger would just open, and no magnets would fire.. The ball would just enter it partially, then come barrelling back down the ramp (down the center, ending your game if you were lucky). But I wasn't that lucky, it just bounced off the top of the slings that didn't fire.
I wanted to check inside for raccoons nesting, but then I realized no self-respecting animal would sleep near that thing...
Price, you ask???.......
Only $1650!
I'm surprised someone didn't buy it and just mark it up to 1750, by simply crossing out the '6'.
That seems to be the cool new thing to do.
-jon

Typical for many pinball shows and people buy them, like a no so well working TFTC for $1700! @ SPF last year.


#27 3 years ago
bigehrl said:

My favorite clunker, by far, was the 'getaway' near the cointaker booth. It was such a dog. To call it dirty doesn't do it justice.

one of my favorite pins and i couldn't agree with you more....that might have been the most disappointing pin in all of Allentown...i tried to play a game. if it wasn't for the ball save my game would have been done 40 seconds sooner....WOW that was just a bad table...i will keep the name and number of the seller private for his sake!


#28 3 years ago

or highlight his name for the public's sake.

his other tables were almost just as $hitty, but next to that thing they were gems. those things barely qualified for the outside flea mkt.

i'm not calling him out for trying to sell crap, that's his prerogative. i'm calling him out for trying to sell them for absurd prices. it really dilutes the quality of the show.

-jon


#29 3 years ago
bigehrl said:

or highlight his name for the public's sake.
his other tables were almost just as $hitty, but next to that thing they were gems. those things barely qualified for the outside flea mkt.
i'm not calling him out for trying to sell crap, that's his prerogative. i'm calling him out for trying to sell them for absurd prices. it really dilutes the quality of the show.
-jon

You know... for the abomination it was the flippers were fine! I was thinking.. this this guy actually do a flipper rebuilt and not even do the "dirty rag" over playfield technique?

I had to laugh out loud at this game.. cant believe i forgot to take a pic of it.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.