Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JoeJet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

43.jpg
    42.jpg
    41.jpg
    52.jpg
    51.jpg
    50.jpg
    49.jpg
    48.jpg
    47.jpg
    46.jpg
    45.jpg
    44.jpg
    40.jpg
    39.jpg
    38.jpg
    37.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Some of the photos I took at Allentown on Friday
    was a great show and feel free to add any you have taken
    lets try and keep them under 800 if possible -

32.jpg32.jpg 33.jpg33.jpg 34.jpg34.jpg

#2 11 years ago

few more

35.jpg35.jpg 36.jpg36.jpg 37.jpg37.jpg 38.jpg38.jpg 39.jpg39.jpg 40.jpg40.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Looks fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us HDC.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing..

#6 11 years ago

some more

44.jpg44.jpg 45.jpg45.jpg 46.jpg46.jpg 47.jpg47.jpg 48.jpg48.jpg 49.jpg49.jpg

#7 11 years ago

I'd have to say I have never seen such a great amount of older Stern pins before

50.jpg50.jpg 51.jpg51.jpg 52.jpg52.jpg

#8 11 years ago

just a few more

41.jpg41.jpg 42.jpg42.jpg 43.jpg43.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Looks fun.

Alot of hard to find older games I would like to get more time playing.

#10 11 years ago

Hey thanks for looking
    if you want to add pics from this event or even start a new thread it ok with me.
    I love seeing photos from shows around the world and thats what this site is about
    pinball all over the globe - cool to see what turns up you just never know

#11 11 years ago

Transporter kicks ass.

Not an often seen game either.

#12 11 years ago

Alot of unique sys 11 games but that sure is a hard one to find...

#13 11 years ago

Suppose to be there by now. Sitting in traffic because the GWB is closed because of traffic!

#15 11 years ago

Man I love the old blackglass's like Globetrotter. Cool.

#16 11 years ago

Sorry I missed everyone at 3pm, I was back at my buddy's place hooking up the MNF he bought in the pic above. It's his first pin so he was super excited to get it back to his place and functioning . Well I am sure everyone knows how the story goes, after a few "test" games and a few beers we didn't get back to the show until after 5pm at that point couldn't find many pinsiders .

Anyway it was a great time at pinfest!

#17 11 years ago

*Gulp* that first pic made my jaw drop. 3 of my most desired pins all sitting in the same row (bk2k, whirlwind, earthshaker)

#18 11 years ago

Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77983780@N06/sets/72157629603284288/show/

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

I am in three of those photos. Two of them I am in the background, but one of them you took a picture of me playing f-14.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Thanks for the pics. I'm sad to say I have never attended a show ;(
    I was hoping to go to Allentown this year but an unplanned business trip put the kibosh on that.

Lots of cool stuff. I'd love to have one of those CAD drawings of my favourite games. And, who was selling all that multi-coloured rubber?

#21 11 years ago

thanks everyone for sharing your pics, there is so much to see. I really want to get out to any show or expo soon.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from EvilJack:

jackal2001 said:Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.
    I am in three of those photos. Two of them I am in the background, but one of them you took a picture of me playing f-14.

That f14 was a PIG. It barely had flipper rubbers on it and the tilt was set to LUDICROUS. Not worth no $1400....not even half that.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

EvilJack said:jackal2001 said:Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.
    That f14 was a PIG. It barely had flipper rubbers on it and the tilt was set to LUDICROUS. Not worth no $1400....not even half that.

Maybe that's why didn't enjoy playing it. Almost walked away before I even finished a game.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

EvilJack said:jackal2001 said:Here are a few photos I took Friday shortly after the show opened.

It did have potential but not even close to $1400. I thought about offering $700. That's where I would have been on it. I didn't want to insult the guy though.

#25 11 years ago

My favorite clunker, by far, was the 'getaway' near the cointaker booth. It was such a dog. To call it dirty doesn't do it justice. The 'start' button, and the launch seemed to be the only 2 switches that worked. A total of 4 light bulbs glowed. I'm not certain any of the rails were actually screwed into the pf. The supercharger would just open, and no magnets would fire.. The ball would just enter it partially, then come barrelling back down the ramp (down the center, ending your game if you were lucky). But I wasn't that lucky, it just bounced off the top of the slings that didn't fire.

I wanted to check inside for raccoons nesting, but then I realized no self-respecting animal would sleep near that thing...

Price, you ask???.......

Only $1650!

I'm surprised someone didn't buy it and just mark it up to 1750, by simply crossing out the '6'.

That seems to be the cool new thing to do.

-jon

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

My favorite clunker, by far, was the 'getaway' near the cointaker booth. It was such a dog. To call it dirty doesn't do it justice. The 'start' button, and the launch seemed to be the only 2 switches that worked. A total of 4 light bulbs glowed. I'm not certain any of the rails were actually screwed into the pf. The supercharger would just open, and no magnets would fire.. The ball would just enter it partially, then come barrelling back down the ramp (down the center, ending your game if you were lucky). But I wasn't that lucky, it just bounced off the top of the slings that didn't fire.
    I wanted to check inside for raccoons nesting, but then I realized no self-respecting animal would sleep near that thing...
    Price, you ask???.......
    Only $1650!
    I'm surprised someone didn't buy it and just mark it up to 1750, by simply crossing out the '6'.
    That seems to be the cool new thing to do.
    -jon

Typical for many pinball shows and people buy them, like a no so well working TFTC for $1700! @ SPF last year.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

My favorite clunker, by far, was the 'getaway' near the cointaker booth. It was such a dog. To call it dirty doesn't do it justice.

one of my favorite pins and i couldn't agree with you more....that might have been the most disappointing pin in all of Allentown...i tried to play a game. if it wasn't for the ball save my game would have been done 40 seconds sooner....WOW that was just a bad table...i will keep the name and number of the seller private for his sake!

#28 11 years ago

or highlight his name for the public's sake.

his other tables were almost just as $hitty, but next to that thing they were gems. those things barely qualified for the outside flea mkt.

i'm not calling him out for trying to sell crap, that's his prerogative. i'm calling him out for trying to sell them for absurd prices. it really dilutes the quality of the show.

-jon

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

or highlight his name for the public's sake.
    his other tables were almost just as $hitty, but next to that thing they were gems. those things barely qualified for the outside flea mkt.
    i'm not calling him out for trying to sell crap, that's his prerogative. i'm calling him out for trying to sell them for absurd prices. it really dilutes the quality of the show.
    -jon

You know... for the abomination it was the flippers were fine! I was thinking.. this this guy actually do a flipper rebuilt and not even do the "dirty rag" over playfield technique?

I had to laugh out loud at this game.. cant believe i forgot to take a pic of it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2012-photos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.