IMG_3135 (resized).JPG
IMG_3139 (resized).JPG
IMG_3136 (resized).JPG
IMG_20180204_140831 (resized).jpg
IMG_6832.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831.JPG (resized).jpeg
f03f952c040dc5a93cc2a1637dba50f62edf12d2 (resized).jpg
0711172024 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I've been working with pyro4god54 on using a Pinduino to control a shaker in WPC games. An update has been made to the core pinduino library to support this and a working sketch is up to control a shaker motor in Attack from Mars: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/AFM-Shaker
Details on how to make the circuit for controlling a shaker motor with a pinduino are written up: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-eS_X868_mCS3grKk_Lv4Ed-c0f8PSc_APbFeGwukrQ/edit
Here are some pictures of the circuit using a 12V LED rather than a motor (makes testing a lot easier).
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now you need to make a sell-able kit for that. I wouldn't mind connecting a programmed shaker to my NASCAR (I know ... not a WPC, but still possible in theory with this)

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

What would you like to see in the kit? Pinball life sells a shaker for $99 (https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-pinball-shaker-motor-kit-for-p-roc-system-machines.html). Would it be an add on board for the pinduino (or a custom pinduino) that does the 12V power distribution to the shaker that can use that shaker? Or are you thinking of a full kit including the shaker?

Since you are asking (he-he):
Option 1) Maybe a kit with everything needed except for the shaker … or the other 12v "thing" that you want to program to turn on.
Option 2) Make this an "add on" for your normal board so that we can use your product for addressable LEDs and a 12v "thing" with programming capabilities for each individually.

Example for #1: I would just want to add on a shaker for my NASCAR and be able to program it to trigger for the major things.
Example for #2: (As previously discussed with you but haven't ordered yet) I would want your product to program addressable LEDs for a custom interactive topper, but … now also add your triggered 12v board for lighting up Paul's leg light ups to have an interactive flash. Even better (wishful thinking … I know), have a 4 channel triggered 12v board to be able to light up each leg light up individually I know … I (or a group of us) gotta get Paul to have an option to install addressable LED's into his Leg Light Ups. Programming nightmare, but man would that be cool.

Back to reality. The triggered 12v board should be plug and play without us having to figure out how to put it together with simple instructions - just my opinion. Add a program library by machine just for triggering shakers for those pins that don't have that option built in - pinside community contributions of the code, of course (not all on you).

1 month later
#175 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Excellent feedback. I can make an easy to populate board with the circuit to control a 12V thingy from a pinduino. Controlling 4 things would require two pinduinos, but easily done (this version of the pinduino is designed to be stackable). I'll get to work on making those boards.

Got that done yet? The additional board with the functionality to control some 12v on/off thingys? I would probably just control 2 12v thingys. Side thought - do you have pinduino for JJP pins yet? TH in particular?

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Haven’t made a custom one as this:
amazon.com link »
Takes care of everything. The core library has been updated to support sending signals to it to flip a high voltage circuit.

Okay … says it's out of stock … must be lots of pinheads buying them. I put it on my wish list. Might need to dive into it once they are in stock. Would this run a shaker on my NASCAR that can be programmed from the pinduino for different events? Or when the ACDC lightning bolts light, have a lightening type of light flash pattern go to some leg light ups on each leg (Two channels of program would probably be all that I want - front and back legs).

Quoted from lyonsden:

I have a generic 12-pin board that will work in JJP games (I use it to drive side lighting in my DI). What are you thinking of doing with Hobbit?

Don't know if it's possible but wondering if there is a way to run some 12 volt little slow RPM motors to turn the Weta barrel dudes on a custom topper for maybe 5 seconds when the barrel pop bumpers are hit? I already have the Weta barrel dudes.

I know … I got some wild ideas. Thinking outside the box. (see post 166)

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What are the Weta barrel dudes?

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/bilbo-baggins-barrel-rider?ref=brand
There are 3 different ones, and this is one of them - Bilbo

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Happy to chat by phone to talk about this. Just PM me.

Definitely will and refresh our PM conversations from last year. With all of the DIY components and not knowing what I would need, I would need some advise and a tutorial. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinduino-v03-interactive-control-of-leds?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.