IMG_3135 (resized).JPG
IMG_3139 (resized).JPG
IMG_3136 (resized).JPG
IMG_20180204_140831 (resized).jpg
IMG_6832.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_6831.JPG (resized).jpeg
f03f952c040dc5a93cc2a1637dba50f62edf12d2 (resized).jpg
0711172024 (resized).jpg
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Could you control a motor or Servo as well? Similar to what the PIG used to do?

Yes -- servos are +5V, signal, and ground -- exactly the same as the addressable LEDs. However, I haven't written support for them in the main pinduino library. I can do that if there is interest (been on the check list and I have a servo kicking on my work bench).

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Yes -- servos are +5V, signal, and ground -- exactly the same as the addressable LEDs. However, I haven't written support for them in the main pinduino library. I can do that if there is interest (been on the check list and I have a servo kicking on my work bench).

Yup I'm interested. Love the Tron video you did.

#53 7 years ago

Just want to give a big thanks for everyone who has been ordering Pinduino kits. Since opening my Pinside store, I've been a bit overwhelmed with the number of orders, but will get everyone's kits built and assembled (currently waiting on some parts to come in).

In the meanwhile, I've been adding and update Pinduino documentation (mostly for those building their own setups):

Stern Whitestar: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K53BM6QgXlxET1Wcvq4dn8INI81DOQ_PK1VaUdKen8g/edit
Stern SAM: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rgbd-GVVYYQS0fi7XkBrncrRbJlUz9lFKp5jaZSabrA/edit
WPC: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T6OGlwduvAwK8sxBPqG8YVMgAT6llHP2rWPGkcZ8qlY/edit
WPC-95: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QgvctJ0jhTpl9JP8nYea5I-_Dnj7uqjlbGJQHQFateU/edit

Also, here is a photo showing how Pinduinos are stackable. This is great if you want to control more than two sets of LEDs, mods with different timings (pinduinos are single threaded), etc.

Installing.001 (resized).jpegInstalling.001 (resized).jpeg

#54 7 years ago

Update to the Twilight Zone code! Now, a single pinduino drives the LEDs on the ramp and in the gumball machine. Also, updated the colors and timing of lighting effects on the main ramp. Based on feedback, it is less "busy" and sticks with a blue/white color scheme.

Code is available: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/TZ-Ramp-Gumball

#55 7 years ago

Instructions for building/installing TZ ramp and gumball Pinduino kit is now available: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ex8cViVcfrn6gj9XRCe_3N8xbNCnuXmDaTqN-ZotmtQ/edit

#56 7 years ago

Had a few days to catch up and clear all outstanding orders. I've built a few extra kits that are ready to ship:

Bride of Pinbot (Plug and Play)
Twilight Zone (Plug and Play)
Ironman (Plug and Play)
Stern SAM (DIY)

Check out my pinside store to order and PM me with any questions or custom orders (I have time over the holidays to make kits.)

#57 7 years ago

Latest pinduino creation: Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Major thanks to pinsider Triplecdad (here in Tucson) for letting me borrow his CFTBL to put this together. If there is one game that the Pinduino was made for, it is Creature! What I really like about this setup is that the addressable LEDs are installed in such a way that the original light strips don't have to be removed. Also, I tried to stay true to how I think the original programmers of CFTBL would have used addressable LEDs. Overall, I really like how this turned out.

Code open source and is available: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/CFTBL-Ramp

Instructions to assemble and install(photos to be added soon): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vK9W1FIyBlxLpuQFr5vxVLK6_V3hMThYZDp_c-HbFwI/edit

#58 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing, I love watching these. Each one gets more and more impressive!!!

1 week later
#59 7 years ago

I've put the Professor Pinball store into "vacation" mode for a couple of weeks to keep orders from piling up. I'm waiting for light strips, opto-isolators, and boards to come in from China, and due to the holidays, those have been delayed much longer than I anticipated. Also, I have a conference for my day job next week and will be unable to respond to pinduino requires as timely as I would like. In case there are any Pinsiders in the field of genomics, PM me if you are attending the Plant and Animal Genome conference in San Diego next week (http://www.intlpag.org/). It would be great to meet some of you and perhaps hit the Coin-Op.

3 weeks later
#60 7 years ago

First, thanks to everyone who ordered over the past two weeks. All orders have been filled except for the final sets that came in today. I'll get those built and in the mail in the next couple of days.

The interest has been incredible to see, but the increased demand is more than I expected. I'm going to put the shop into vacation mode for two weeks while I wait for more light strips to come it. Also, I'm building kits in sets just to keep a couple on hand. If you are interested in a kit for ToM or TZ, just PM me (I have one of each left). Also PM me if you are interested in DIY pinduino kits or pre-assembled pinduinos.

Thanks again to everyone who has ordered a pinduino! It is great to see so many people enjoying them.

#61 7 years ago

Eric, I have your BoP and ToM kits, they're fantastic. I like 2-4-1 shipping and will get your creech kit. But am waiting to see what your next creation is. Can you spill the beans?

#62 7 years ago

Eric, Installed a kit tonight on a friends BOP and nothing. Any ideas? Green LED is on and it reacts to the reset but in game play the light strips never come on. Installed per directions..

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Eric, I have your BoP and ToM kits, they're fantastic. I like 2-4-1 shipping and will get your creech kit. But am waiting to see what your next creation is. Can you spill the beans?

Great to hear that you are enjoying the kits. I make new designs based on which games I can get or borrow from friends in Tucson. Games that I have that I'd like to do something:

Party Zone: Big, long ramps! Unfortunately, the game I have needs a lot of work before I can think about putting a pinduino on it.
XMen: I want to revisit the ramps on it
TAF: A friend has one that I'd like to borrow at some point

Always check out the pinduino code base I've written and if there is a game there that I haven't listed in the store, just let me know and I'll list it: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches

Also, I just received notification that some of the LEDs have been shipped from China. Their New Years break delayed orders by two weeks so I'm hoping to get them in the next 2-4 weeks.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Eric, Installed a kit tonight on a friends BOP and nothing. Any ideas? Green LED is on and it reacts to the reset but in game play the light strips never come on. Installed per directions..

Terribly sorry that the kit didn't work for you. I know how disappointing and frustrating this can be. There are three places where a kit can fail:

Aruidno on the pinduino: These blow (usually when power is plugged into an LED strip) ChrisHibler made the very smart suggestion to have the Arduinos mounted on plugs and headers for easy replacement. That will be happening on future kits I made to ease replacement.
LED strips: If the power is plugged in incorrectly, the first LED can blow. The Fix is to cut off the first LED and then solder the leaders to the next LED.
Power cord: Power is not getting from J118 (for a WPC) to the pinduino or LEDs. For yours, the arduino is getting power (+12V), so the +5V may be out.

In any case, I'll send you a new programmed pinduino as soon as possible and a new set of LEDs when I get more in.

Again, my apologies for having the pinduino not work.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Terribly sorry that the kit didn't work for you. I know how disappointing and frustrating this can be. There are three places where a kit can fail:
Aruidno on the pinduino: These blow (usually when power is plugged into an LED strip) ChrisHibler made the very smart suggestion to have the Arduinos mounted on plugs and headers for easy replacement. That will be happening on future kits I made to ease replacement.
LED strips: If the power is plugged in incorrectly, the first LED can blow. The Fix is to cut off the first LED and then solder the leaders to the next LED.
Power cord: Power is not getting from J118 (for a WPC) to the pinduino or LEDs. For yours, the arduino is getting power (+12V), so the +5V may be out.
In any case, I'll send you a new programmed pinduino as soon as possible and a new set of LEDs when I get more in.
Again, my apologies for having the pinduino not work.

No worries thanks for the reply. To make any product better and better is feedback. Game works fine all voltages are present not sure what happened. Next up I'm ordering one for my Creature! After watching your Creature video on youtube, it truly is a must for that game!

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

No worries thanks for the reply. To make any product better and better is feedback. Game works fine all voltages are present not sure what happened. Next up I'm ordering one for my Creature! After watching your Creature video on youtube, it truly is a must for that game!

Just wanted to let you know that a programmed pinduino is on its way to you. Can't to hear how you like the setup.

Also, glad you like the Creature setup, it is one of my favorites.

1 week later
#67 7 years ago

Just want to let people know that I have all the parts in to start making kits. Professor Pinball is open: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball

2 weeks later
#68 7 years ago

Really cool stuff lyonsden - just ordered a WPC Extended kit. My goal is to install it in my STTNG and do something cool during Borg Multiball. (FWIW I know what that "something cool" is but don't want to ruin the surprise / over-promise!)

Anyway, I noticed the Borg flashers on STTNG are on J122 (which is what I would want to sense to do my thing), not J126 where the Pinduino 0.3 connects. I read the mention about the Extended version as used on TOM - that should allow me to tap in to J122, right? Is there documentation showing the wiring/installation of the Extended version? Even a photo of the installation in TOM would help. Presumably I just need to make a Z-connector for J122 to tap into it, and wire that up to the pinduino? If there isn't a Z-connector included in the kit and that part is up to me, a Mouser link would be awesome Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, found the TOM google doc instructions here! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rgiabxAWml9UGCxxm6wR5BVl5aulxiZQ_6l86le7Tlo/edit

EDIT 2: J123 isn't used on STTNG and hence is available for tapping in with Pinduino, and gives me access to the Borg flasher pins from J122! No Z-connector needed, excellent!!

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Really cool stuff lyonsden - just ordered a WPC Extended kit. My goal is to install it in my STTNG and do something cool during Borg Multiball. (FWIW I know what that "something cool" is but don't want to ruin the surprise / over-promise!)
Anyway, I noticed the Borg flashers on STTNG are on J122 (which is what I would want to sense to do my thing), not J126 where the Pinduino 0.3 connects. I read the mention about the Extended version as used on TOM - that should allow me to tap in to J122, right? Is there documentation showing the wiring/installation of the Extended version? Even a photo of the installation in TOM would help. Presumably I just need to make a Z-connector for J122 to tap into it, and wire that up to the pinduino? If there isn't a Z-connector included in the kit and that part is up to me, a Mouser link would be awesome Thanks!
EDIT: Nevermind, found the TOM google doc instructions here! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rgiabxAWml9UGCxxm6wR5BVl5aulxiZQ_6l86le7Tlo/edit
EDIT 2: J123 isn't used on STTNG and hence is available for tapping in with Pinduino, and gives me access to the Borg flasher pins from J122! No Z-connector needed, excellent!!

Excellent to hear that you are going to tackle STTNG. It has great ramps, but going for the Borg flashers is a great idea! I'll get your kit out to you as soon as I can.

#70 7 years ago

Had some time to update and create new documentation:

Assembling WPC Pinduinos: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18QgDe2FY18C_018BDSRytASxt6WvlGbsQz7Zp40_4u4/edit

Installing WPC Pinduinos: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qCKoqpW4FbY2kIQeEZAeHs4abFtY0YW0ZT6qsltUEPg/edit

Programming WPC Pinduinos: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11llJ5iaX1arx2vwXncaTkC9uioobfVWWHkNT7WGsONU/edit

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and suggestions!

Also, this folder has all the documentation for everything pinduino: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B2njOnd06CCOdlBCVzdiWFZhUVE

And the code is fully open source: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches

#71 7 years ago

Current update:

I have plug and play kits for Bride of Pinbot and CFTBL available for shipping (I now build them in sets of three when someone orders one).

Stern SAM/Whitestar and WPC-Extended boards are out of stock. More are currently being manufactured and I hope to get them in a week or two.

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting the Pinduino! This past week was especially exciting because of the number of orders for DIY kits. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing about what people create with their pinduinos.

#72 7 years ago

Had a couple of hours to do some designing and did this for an interactive backbox on Twilight Zone (for the door):

Code is available: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/TZ-Door

#73 7 years ago

For people interested, this is a short video of how I have things set up when creating sketches/code for a new lighting effect.

2 weeks later
#74 7 years ago

I finally got around to finishing up my pinduino SMVE and AC/DC installations.

Smve has WS2812 strips installed under the cabinet and behind the backbox on LED1 strip and a 9 led strip in the ball trough on LED2. The trough code defaults to more white leds and is a little less flashy than the cab lighting. A marginal quality YouTube video of my son playing. Man it lights up the basement!

#75 7 years ago

AC/DC is set up a little different than smve. I replaced the red led strip in my train topper with a ws2812 narrow strip from adafruit (regular width strips didn't fit in the channel under the plexiglass). The topper is on pinduino LED2. LED1 is under the cabinet same as smve.

I opted for some slow color changing code for the topper, in both attract mode and game mode. The undercabinet leds are more typically flashy in game mode and slow color changing in attract mode. The colors are primarily red, blue and yellow which I found relates pretty well to the game play.

I found AC/DC a little trickier to program than smve as the flashers in AC/DC seem to fire a lot and in many different modes. It's pretty flashy so I may continue to play with the delays etc to see if I can get some different effects. Attract mode short video (mostly of the topper but you can see the undercabinet a bit as well).

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

I finally got around to finishing up my pinduino SMVE and AC/DC installations.
Smve has WS2812 strips installed under the cabinet and behind the backbox on LED1 strip and a 9 led strip in the ball trough on LED2. The trough code defaults to more white leds and is a little less flashy than the cab lighting. A marginal quality YouTube video of my son playing. Man it lights up the basement!
» YouTube video

That is a fantastic setup. Very well done! How many LEDs did you use under the cab and on the backbox? Could you snap some photos of the installation? Also, did you use the base SM code and update it for using two strips or write your own?

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

AC/DC is set up a little different than smve. I replaced the red led strip in my train topper with a ws2812 narrow strip from adafruit (regular width strips didn't fit in the channel under the plexiglass). The topper is on pinduino LED2. LED1 is under the cabinet same as smve.
I opted for some slow color changing code for the topper, in both attract mode and game mode. The undercabinet leds are more typically flashy in game mode and slow color changing in attract mode. The colors are primarily red, blue and yellow which I found relates pretty well to the game play.
I found AC/DC a little trickier to program than smve as the flashers in AC/DC seem to fire a lot and in many different modes. It's pretty flashy so I may continue to play with the delays etc to see if I can get some different effects. Attract mode short video (mostly of the topper but you can see the undercabinet a bit as well).
» YouTube video

Another well done set up. I really like the color sweeps you do in the topper. The Tron code has examples for how to deal with a lot of flasher activity and monitor for a specific combination before triggering an effect. If you have questions, post here or PM me. I keep hoping to see someone put LEDs on the ramps of ACDC (hint). I think some yellow to red sweeps would look great.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

That is a fantastic setup. Very well done! How many LEDs did you use under the cab and on the backbox? Could you snap some photos of the installation? Also, did you use the base SM code and update it for using two strips or write your own?

Setup was pretty simple for SMVE. From LED1 on the pinduino board I ran two parallel "three wire" runs. One out the vents in the back of the backbox with 19 LEd's on a ws2812 30led/m strip. The other run goes down through the vents in the bottom of the cab and then splits into two more parallel runs of 35 LED's each (same ws2812 30led/m strips). In total there are 90 +/- LED's run off of LED1 and it works fine. These LED's are running your original code.

LED2 runs under the playfield and up into the trough (same as the photos in the LOTR instruction package). There are 9 LED's from a ws2812 60 led/m strip installed there. I made some minor adjustments to your original code to prioritize white as a default.

I'll get the code to you so you can take a look and put on Github for any interested people.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Another well done set up. I really like the color sweeps you do in the topper. The Tron code has examples for how to deal with a lot of flasher activity and monitor for a specific combination before triggering an effect. If you have questions, post here or PM me. I keep hoping to see someone put LEDs on the ramps of ACDC (hint). I think some yellow to red sweeps would look great.

I'll check out the Tron code and see how you handle things there, thanks for the tip. I'll also post some setup pics when i get a chance.

#80 7 years ago

Some pics of the smve installation.

Here's a tip for installing led strips. Before you try to attach them to any non-metal surface put down a strip of metallic duct tape as a backer. Leds strips love sticking to this metal tape and won't ever fall off. Just make sure that you don't short the soldered leads against the tape.

IMG_4382 (resized).JPGIMG_4382 (resized).JPG

IMG_4384 (resized).JPGIMG_4384 (resized).JPG

IMG_4383 (resized).JPGIMG_4383 (resized).JPG

#81 7 years ago

Good lord this is some cool stuff. I've been meaning to get a Pinduino but have held off due to other projects... in gonna have to go all in now!

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

Setup was pretty simple for SMVE. From LED1 on the pinduino board I ran two parallel "three wire" runs. One out the vents in the back of the backbox with 19 LEd's on a ws2812 30led/m strip. The other run goes down through the vents in the bottom of the cab and then splits into two more parallel runs of 35 LED's each (same ws2812 30led/m strips). In total there are 90 +/- LED's run off of LED1 and it works fine. These LED's are running your original code.
LED2 runs under the playfield and up into the trough (same as the photos in the LOTR instruction package). There are 9 LED's from a ws2812 60 led/m strip installed there. I made some minor adjustments to your original code to prioritize white as a default.
I'll get the code to you so you can take a look and put on Github for any interested people.

Thanks for the details!

Also, thanks for contributing the code back. Send me the code or make a pull request on GitHub and I'll put them in the pinduino sketch repo.

How to Pull Request: https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request/

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good lord this is some cool stuff. I've been meaning to get a Pinduino but have held off due to other projects... in gonna have to go all in now!

I think creating lighting effects that are tied to the game play make the Pinduino one of the coolest mods you can make to your pin. And the bang for the buck is fantastic. You just have to put in a little leg work yourself (plus borrow ideas and code from others) ... and the results are whatever you want them to be!

#84 7 years ago

ApplePie -- Thanks for sending me the code. I added your name as the author in the header and have them posted in GitHub:

Spiderman: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/Spider_Man_Pinduino_Apron_Cabinet
ACDC: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/ACDC_Pinduino_Cabinet_Topper

Contributing code back to the community is awesome. As a thanks, I'll send you free pinduino. PM me with what you want and I'll get one out in the mail to you.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

I think creating lighting effects that are tied to the game play make the Pinduino one of the coolest mods you can make to your pin. And the bang for the buck is fantastic. You just have to put in a little leg work yourself (plus borrow ideas and code from others) ... and the results are whatever you want them to be!

Hear, hear! That's it, i'm friggin' ordering one. I can't stop watching that Creature video...

1 week later
1 month later
#87 6 years ago

New video: World Poker Tour's GI controlled by a Pinduino

Code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/WPT-GI

(Thanks to Paul, HankScorpio, for letting me borrow WPT!)

#88 6 years ago

Very very cool! Can both the door and the ramp code be programmed into the same Pinduino? Or is there only the single connection to the LEDs on the board ?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Very very cool! Can both the door and the ramp code be programmed into the same Pinduino? Or is there only the single connection to the LEDs on the board ?

There are two LED outputs on the pinduino, so you can control two sets of lights. However, since the arduino is single threaded, it is very difficult to get two sets of lighting effects with different timings to run smoothly. The timing of the effects for the door and ramp are very different, so I have them running on separate pinduinos (which are stackable). For the ramp, the second LED port is used for the gumball machine, but the lighting effects for it are very simple. An example of how the effects are programmed is:

Ramp Flasher:
-Turn Gumball LEDs red
-Run a white to blue color sweep along the ramp LEDs
-Fade out ramp LEDs
Turn Gumball LEDs white

TLDR: I have them running on separate pinduinos, but the code could be modified with some work to get them running on one. However, the effects will be different that how I have them because they have coordinated.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

New video: World Poker Tour's GI controlled by a Pinduino
» YouTube video
Code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/tree/master/WPT-GI
(Thanks to Paul, HankScorpio, for letting me borrow WPT!)

LMK if you can make a plug & play version of WPT

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

LMK if you can make a plug & play version of WPT

PM sent.

2 weeks later
#92 6 years ago

Someone asked question about the difference in how LEDs were mounted in for apron/backpanel kits. Below are images of the LEDs mounted to the front of the apron or inside the ball trough. When on the apron, you get a lot more light, but the LEDs can be seen when standing in front of the game. When in the ball trough, the LEDs are hidden under the apron, but don't cast out as much light.

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 3.10.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-06-17 at 3.10.25 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 3.10.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-06-17 at 3.10.37 PM (resized).png

#93 6 years ago

How hard would it be to get this working on Indy's Path of Adventure? Although it would be limited to red it would still be cool to have the lights fading and chasing and blinking sync'd with the game. I haven't dove in to the inner workings of it so I don't know how you're making the data tables for all the fading and color changing etc.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Someone asked question about the difference in how LEDs were mounted in for apron/backpanel kits. Below are images of the LEDs mounted to the front of the apron or inside the ball trough. When on the apron, you get a lot more light, but the LEDs can be seen when standing in front of the game.

To add another example to Eric's post, here's how they looked when I put them on the apron of my F-14

DSC05014 (resized).JPGDSC05014 (resized).JPG

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

How hard would it be to get this working on Indy's Path of Adventure? Although it would be limited to red it would still be cool to have the lights fading and chasing and blinking sync'd with the game. I haven't dove in to the inner workings of it so I don't know how you're making the data tables for all the fading and color changing etc.

It shouldn't be hard at all. Looking at the PoA, it looks easy to mount a strip of LEDs facing inward on both sides (attached an image with someone doing that with static LEDs. Looking at what is controlled by J126 and J122, I can easily see some neat options for triggering effects. Left/right PoA motor could light each side, right ramp could cause some strobing/chase sequence, have it go nuts when Super Jackpot is lit, etc. Overall, a really neat idea and I'm happy to help with the programming if needed.

poa (resized).jpgpoa (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 2.57.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 2.57.33 PM (resized).png
IndianaJones4 (resized).jpgIndianaJones4 (resized).jpg

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

To add another example to Eric's post, here's how they looked when I put them on the apron of my F-14

Do you need a pinduino that is custom for System 11s? I'll get one designed and manufactured when I place my next order for boards.

#97 6 years ago

lol, no, I have my hands full with the DE one I just got from you. I sold the F-14 so I have no System 11's now anyway.

#98 6 years ago

This is super cool, great work!
Maybe in winter when I have some more time I'll get one of these and do some programming.
The huge clear ramps in JD are aching for this. BSD could be good also!

3 weeks later
#99 6 years ago

I'm in the process of putting a v3 pinduino in my JP. The plan is to use if for additional lighting effects on the playfield and for under cabinet lighting. I decided not to put the strips on the clear plastic ramp directly. I didn't feel that it went well with the game title.

Here is a picture of the pinduino on the PPB, J9 connector.

Connected to J9Connected to J9

And a quick test video:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinduino-v03-interactive-control-of-leds/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.