(Topic ID: 220028)

PindoraBox very bad seller

By GKW

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I recently purchased three sets of opto boards from PindoraBox: 1 set for Indiana Jones, 1 set for Demolition Man, and 1 set for Scared Stiff. I received the correct set for SS, but the other two sets included two receiver boards that I didn't recognize. These two boards did not have any part numbers or markings except for "BT." All of the other boards have the PindoraBox logo, along with the part number stamped on them. I went on PindorBox website and did not see these boards at all. Furthermore, the boards that I did order were now showing "out of stock." So, I sent Bert an email and waited a day to find out what was going on. After a day and no response, I thought that surely these boards were ok, or he wouldn't have sent them to me. I installed a set into my DM and the unknown board introduced a dead short into my game. Consequently, this ruined nearly every board! The DMD is dead, the DMD driver is locked, the sound board is stuck on intro music, the CPU is not working, the main driver board is not working, the fliptronics board is not working and the aux driver board is not working. Every board in this game is mostly new Rottendog boards, as I had to build this game from scratch. The aux board is a GLM product and the sound board was an original that I paid handsomely for on ebay. All of the sound and CPU ROMs were purchased new from RomPinGirl, including the profanity ROM. About the only board that I can say works is the motor board for the crane, as it goes through its start up motion properly. I don't know about the flipper boards or any other PCB that requires game start. Also, the 16 opto PCB is a GLM and was working properly before this fiasco.
    I had been communicating with PindoraBox (Bert) about all of this. At first, he was mad at me for charging back the boards (paid through PayPal). Then, after I sent him a picture of the board, he said that it wasn't his board, that it was a "BT" board. So, I asked him how it came to be that these boards were included in my order; to date, I have not received a response about this. I asked him what he intended to do about the boards that were ruined by his error; to date, there has been no response. So much for doing the right thing, eh Bert? I have been hearing from other sources that PindorBox products are not very well made and that several replacement boards have had to be shipped out. Also, I want to point out that packaging was not very professional and no packing list was included.
    I just wanted to pass along this warning, before you spend any money with this so-called business.

#2 5 years ago

Man that SUCKS! Sorry to hear it. I've only bought one thing from PindoraBox in the past (a light board for IJ) which worked fine - I did not have any issues, but am sorry to hear you did.

2 years later
    #3 3 years ago

In 2020
    Nothing has changed. They are terrible to work with terrible to respond to emails absolutely no customer service I’m looking for a replacement bulb and you would think you’re asking for the moon

2 years later
    #4 1 year ago

Victor (Dumbass on Pinside) makes excellent opto boards. Completely redesigned and tested tuff. I have a 16 opto board for my STTNG, fantastic.
    check into that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pindorabox-very-bad-seller and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.