Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by oradke
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I really enjoyed using the Pindigo app on my iPhone when it was able to sync with Pinside's score database. According to the Pindigo folks, reestablishing this feature would require Pinside to adopt OAUTH authentication, which robin has said is on his to-do list:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinscores-app-testers-needed/page/8#post-3490645

It would be super-awesome if this change could be made to allow Pindigo to once again sync with Pinside scores! I for one would be much more likely to enter scores on Pinside if I can easily do so through an app like Pindigo rather than going through the web interface.

Thanks for your consideration.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What security risks does your change pose? What percentage of users view high scores and how often? Does such a change slow development on other planned site features and if so for how many users and how are those users impacted?
    What size donation will you commit to making when your request is fulfilled?

I didn't realize feature requests were pay to play, but I'd happily kick in $20 to get this.

No answers to the rest of your questions though, I'm not a Pinside web developer. If you've got constructive insight to share on the questions you raise though, by all means share it!

3 months later
    #5 6 years ago

Bump, would still love to see Pinside and the Pindigo app play nicely together, as is I find I'm not tracking my high scores either place, and I'd love to be tracking them in both!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pindigo-compatibility-1?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.