Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by oradke
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I really enjoyed using the Pindigo app on my iPhone when it was able to sync with Pinside's score database. According to the Pindigo folks, reestablishing this feature would require Pinside to adopt OAUTH authentication, which robin has said is on his to-do list:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinscores-app-testers-needed/page/8#post-3490645

It would be super-awesome if this change could be made to allow Pindigo to once again sync with Pinside scores! I for one would be much more likely to enter scores on Pinside if I can easily do so through an app like Pindigo rather than going through the web interface.

Thanks for your consideration.

#2 6 years ago

What security risks does your change pose? What percentage of users view high scores and how often? Does such a change slow development on other planned site features and if so for how many users and how are those users impacted?

What size donation will you commit to making when your request is fulfilled?

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What security risks does your change pose? What percentage of users view high scores and how often? Does such a change slow development on other planned site features and if so for how many users and how are those users impacted?
    What size donation will you commit to making when your request is fulfilled?

I didn't realize feature requests were pay to play, but I'd happily kick in $20 to get this.

No answers to the rest of your questions though, I'm not a Pinside web developer. If you've got constructive insight to share on the questions you raise though, by all means share it!

#4 6 years ago

This would be a cool feature for sure

2 months later
    #5 6 years ago

Bump, would still love to see Pinside and the Pindigo app play nicely together, as is I find I'm not tracking my high scores either place, and I'd love to be tracking them in both!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Bump, would still love to see Pinside and the Pindigo app play nicely together, as is I find I'm not tracking my high scores either place, and I'd love to be tracking them in both!

Hey there.

Brendan here, one of the Pindigo developers. Robin has added oauth support to Pinside which opens up some doors for us! We're currently at the tail-end of a massive update that will fix a lot of issues people have reported with the app *as well as* allow for linking to scores so that people that don't have Pindigo installed can view them in their web browser. It's been a long time coming and we are so, so, so close. My friends at league are probably sick and tired of me showing off how improved the new version is... but anyway, after the transition to v3 of Pindigo we will have a clear plate and can listen to the users and prioritize the addition of new features. We've heard requests for location tagging, achievements, selfie leagues, challenges, etc. Lots of potential!

I am humbled by our users and will do everything I can to do right by y'all.

P.S. I saw you mentioned a 'donation' -- we have plans to allow people to help support us **should they choose to** (and help their voices be heard). We'll have more info about that in the near future.

#7 6 years ago

Awesome news. Would be glad to donate when the option is available. I wind up entering my scores into Pindigo as I play in league and never get around to entering them here. This will be a big help.

2 months later
    #8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Awesome news. Would be glad to donate when the option is available. I wind up entering my scores into Pindigo as I play in league and never get around to entering them here. This will be a big help.

Hey @matesamo! Wanted to give you an update. We released the new version of Pindigo on the app stores so be sure to check that out. We also now have a Patreon if you're still feeling charitable. Hope you enjoy the new release. Also be on the lookout for us on the next episode of 'Pinball Players Podcast' with Jeff Parsons.

www.pindigoapp.com
    www.patreon.com/pindigo

1 month later
    #9 6 years ago
    Quoted from needz:

Hey matesamo! Wanted to give you an update. We released the new version of Pindigo on the app stores so be sure to check that out. We also now have a Patreon if you're still feeling charitable. Hope you enjoy the new release. Also be on the lookout for us on the next episode of 'Pinball Players Podcast' with Jeff Parsons.
    http://www.pindigoapp.com
    http://www.patreon.com/pindigo

Cool, I will do that now.

1 month later
    #10 6 years ago

Any updates on Pinside integration? I would love to be able to sync my pindigo account with my pinside account.

2 weeks later
    #11 6 years ago

What he said.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from McSquid:

Any updates on Pinside integration? I would love to be able to sync my pindigo account with my pinside account.

Agreed

11 months later
    #13 5 years ago
    Quoted from needz:

Hey there.
    Brendan here, one of the Pindigo developers. Robin has added oauth support to Pinside which opens up some doors for us! We're currently at the tail-end of a massive update that will fix a lot of issues people have reported with the app *as well as* allow for linking to scores so that people that don't have Pindigo installed can view them in their web browser. It's been a long time coming and we are so, so, so close. My friends at league are probably sick and tired of me showing off how improved the new version is... but anyway, after the transition to v3 of Pindigo we will have a clear plate and can listen to the users and prioritize the addition of new features. We've heard requests for location tagging, achievements, selfie leagues, challenges, etc. Lots of potential!
    I am humbled by our users and will do everything I can to do right by y'all.
    P.S. I saw you mentioned a 'donation' -- we have plans to allow people to help support us **should they choose to** (and help their voices be heard). We'll have more info about that in the near future.

Any new updates on Pinside integration??

2 months later
    #14 4 years ago

Anything?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pindigo-compatibility-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.