(Topic ID: 141688)

Pindemption - will you buy it for your WOZ?

By Damonator

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dgpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you buy a Pindemption dongle for your WOZ?”

• Yes 9 votes
    13%
  • No 48 votes
    70%
  • Maybe - need more information 12 votes
    17%

(69 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5th_image.jpg
Pindemption_Booklet5_2.jpg
3rd_image.jpg
2nd_image.jpg
Pindemption_Booklet.jpg

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

I actually really like the idea, a decent game on WOZ can take a pretty good chunk of time, I would enjoy a 5 minute game trying to get as many points as possible. I see it as comparable to the Assault on the Vault mode you can get on Safecracker, we've run sub-tournaments using it and it was fun.

The price is a little higher than I expected but not really out of line, I will consider buying it once I've had a chance to try it out.

#52 3 years ago

If I buy a dongle can I then sell it to someone else to be used in a different game or is each dongle specific for each game?

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

is each dongle specific for each game?

Serial number and game number is in it.

LTG : )

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Serial number and game number is in it.

but a dongle could be used in more than one game I assume.

#55 3 years ago

I have purchased this system for my WOZ. It is off the charts!!!!

The videos, graphics and game play are amazing. It take the game and makes it so kids can enjoy the game and get a chance to play all the modes. Its like having two different pinball machines in one.

I'm very happy JJP has made this available to us home owners.

Maybe its time to say thanks to JJP and stop all the Negativity!!!!!!

If you don't want to buy it say Nothing and stop ruining it for people that are interested .

Thanks

MAYBOYZ

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

I have purchased this system for my WOZ. It is off the charts!!!!
The videos, graphics and game play are amazing. It take the game and makes it so kids can enjoy the game and get a chance to play all the modes. Its like having two different pinball machines in one.
I'm very happy JJP has made this available to us home owners.
Maybe its time to say thanks to JJP and stop all the Negativity!!!!!!
If you don't want to buy it say Nothing and stop ruining it for people that are interested .
Thanks
MAYBOYZ

Can you post a video of some gameplay?

I would like to try it so may go in with some other owners to buy a dongle to try it out before spending money on one myself.

#57 3 years ago

What's to stop one owner buying it and lending it through the post to others ?

#58 3 years ago

SURE I CAN I WILL TAKE THE VIDEO TONIGHT

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

What's to stop one owner buying it and lending it through the post to others ?

Software locking... Dongle is key matched to your WoZ

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

SURE I CAN I WILL TAKE THE VIDEO TONIGHT

Thanks.

Please turn your caps lock off.

#61 3 years ago

sorry

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Software locking... Dongle is key matched to your WoZ

That's what I was wondering. When buying a WOZ or other pinball machine is there a licensing agreement made with the manufacturer? Reading up on dongles and their use as a software lock is very interesting. What if the dongle becomes corrupt? Is the buyer required to buy a new dongle? The laws regarding dongle hacks is also relatively loose. Seems that once a dongle is purchased it would behoove the owner to create a copy in case the dongle is no longer supported or is damaged. From what I have read it seems that the owner would be allowed to use a hacked dongle but not create one. It also seems like a lot of software companies moved away from the dongle as a security key, curious as to why JJP decided to go this route.

#63 3 years ago

Forgive me for being the pin idiot but I thought pindemption was to award tickets or points to turn in to get candy or stuff at an at arcade - which I have not interest in doing. My WOZ is at a rental location from May to Sept. on free play and my intention was exposing people to pinball that may have had only video game experience previously. If this will make it more appealing to the novice crowd I'm after let me know.

#64 3 years ago

This would seem to be an operator only item.Im not understanding why you would want this at home,but it seems some do and one guy loves it.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Reading up on dongles and their use as a software lock is very interesting. What if the dongle becomes corrupt? Is the buyer required to buy a new dongle? The laws regarding dongle hacks is also relatively loose. Seems that once a dongle is purchased it would behoove the owner to create a copy in case the dongle is no longer supported or is damaged. From what I have read it seems that the owner would be allowed to use a hacked dongle but not create one. It also seems like a lot of software companies moved away from the dongle as a security key, curious as to why JJP decided to go this route.

At Raw we still roll with security dongles for all of our games. If a dongle becomes corrupt we offer a trade-in charge through distribution where we charge a f*ckload of money to advance replace out a new dongle, and then refund most of that upon the return of the damaged/corrupt dongle (industry standard).

Lose the dongle altogether and you're up a creek, although with the way our dongles are mounted inside the cabinet with a metal enclosure you really have to try hard to lose it.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

This would seem to be an operator only item.Im not understanding why you would want this at home,but it seems some do and one guy loves it.

I've heard from a few that have younger kids, that the kids really enjoy it. Easy to achieve goals, lots of fun.

LTG : )™

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

What if the dongle becomes corrupt? Is the buyer required to buy a new dongle?

I would get an 100% straight answer from Jack, in writing, on how the dongle will be handled if it wipes out, gets hit by a surge, is stolen.....

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I would get an 100% straight answer from Jack, in writing, on how the dongle will be handled if it wipes out, gets hit by a surge,

In my 2 1/2 years with WOZ support, I've not seen one dongle failure yet.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In my 2 1/2 years with WOZ support, I've not seen one dongle failure yet.

I hear ya.

I run the same stop sign at the end of my block every morning for the last 20 years. I've never had an accident or gotten a ticket.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I run the same stop sign at the end of my block every morning for the last 20 years. I've never had an accident or gotten a ticket.

Tell you what. Keep doing that. And once you have an accident. I'll see your dongle gets replaced. Provided it is on your body and suffers damage such that it can't be used again.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tell you what. Keep doing that. And once you have an accident. I'll see your dongle gets replaced. Provided it is on your body and suffers damage such that it can't be used again.

I just worry where it will end up in my body.......

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I just worry where it will end up in my body.......

Not to worry. I'll find it and get it out of there for you. I have this really big tool box.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Can you post a video of some gameplay?
I would like to try it so may go in with some other owners to buy a dongle to try it out before spending money on one myself.

Have you seen this courtesy of Pinball News:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Sale Pending!
South Burlington, VT
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside