8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

A good time to give my view on redemption pinball. I have looked at many videos in the last few weeks to get an idea of the USA "arcade " scene. And I have now realized why pinball has struggled so much. The games in these places are what we would call in the UK fairground games. Pinball was never a part of the fairground scene in the UK even in the 60's/70's. Pinball was in (seaside ) arcades alongside gambling fruit machines. The only large machines there in any numbers were the pusher coin falls.

In my opinion redemption pinball doesn't fit with fairground games. Will it work elsewhere pubs/bars cafes etc ?

#8 8 years ago

As Jack said it's the instant buzz with these simple games. One simple task wins tickets. Pinball is chess compared with "indoor fairground " machines.

#9 8 years ago

Even though the screen makes a big difference I tend to think that only a purpose built pindemption machine will have the good chance of big earnings.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pindemption-patent-announcement?tu=jungle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.