(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weirpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

Big chunk of my collection will be there - come out and play some great games!

7 months later
    2 weeks later
    #143 5 years ago

Unofficial last place trophy

last place copy (resized).jpglast place copy (resized).jpg
    #155 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly
    [quoted image]

Try that with 10,000 used pinballs - have to pass out WW II helmets so people didn't end up swamping the ERs....

1 week later
    #180 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

The light thrown outta GOT is gonna make the Batman spotlight run outta the room with its cord between its legs.

Glad you mentioned that - reminds me to pack the sunglasses to play that GOT

#191 5 years ago

Not sure if trent was bringing deadpool - I've got a pro as backup if needed.

#201 5 years ago

Hey, no fair those are your games

#218 5 years ago

HG - man that game will piss anybody off - good choice

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good news comes in bunches! our pinside pal villathrills is graciously offering up his brand new pirates to share at the show. He will be set up with the pinstadium row for everyone to enjoy! THANK YOU villathrills !!!

Awesome thanks for bringing it, but I'll need a welder's mask to play with pinstadiums on it...

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just put the Pinstadium app on your phone, find the WiFi signal, connect and turn them off when you play. Then back on when done. Haha

I better not - that could be too much fun

#238 5 years ago

and I need to concentrate of helping fix games while I'm there...

#244 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

PINBALL DEFIBRILLATOR
    -CLEAR-

That is hilarious. Maybe he can make an effect that would look like that with the new Orion's belt!

#261 5 years ago

Might be good to put up a vendor list on the thread here

#268 5 years ago

Erik - can you call me when you get a chance - Scott

1 week later
    #308 5 years ago

Well....hard to write this, but at this point I think I have to miss the show I was really looking forward to. Hurt my back bad 10 days ago while helping to load 3 pins (sold). Been to the emergency room once, had a doc consult, and have to get an mri and possibly physical therapy - at this point sounds like a long hard road to recovery.

Want to wish the best to the show attendees and really can't say enough good things about the organizers. They have gone all out to ensure this will be a great show. Please take the time to thank them in person.

I won't be there with any of my pins or repairing machines, but will be watching the thread - PLEASE post a sh!tload of photos for me. And lastly - please be careful moving/setting up/tearing down. I am an example of how NOT to end up.

Scott

#328 5 years ago

I had hurt it about a week before, leaning forward bringing an em up the stairs with a short dolly (with help). Thought I was getting better and helping tear down a comet, lowered the back end to the floor and felt something real bad. Ended up with a sciatic nerve in my left leg pinched so probably no lifting for me for about a year to make sure it heals this time...

Now back to the pincinnati channel!

#357 5 years ago

Keep the pics coming!

#379 5 years ago

Loved the looks of Alice Cooper when I picked up my tna

Any streams planned for the show?

#389 5 years ago

Congrats to local cinci winners Darren and Larry! Also congrats to Brian and Derek who are always bad-ass competitors!

#419 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

One more reason why this community rocks. We cleared this bitch out in 4 fucking hours. [quoted image]

I think I speak for most of the cinci community - hats off to you and jjsmoth for having the foresight and guts to make this show a reality. There was always talk of a show for years, but it take a ton of commitment and hard work to pull it off.

WELL DONE!

#446 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Haha!
    FOUND EM!
    BAHAHA....I laughed my ass off when I saw that.

Awesome - that is pretty funny

#486 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

We are very happy with Holiday Inn for our venue. I did not hear a single complaint.
    We were able to negotiate extra vendor space for next year, and that will open up our tournament space. New vendors contact Erik or myself.
    2018 was a damned good show, and we can't wait for 2019.

Note to self - no lifting 2 months out

#490 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

You misspelled "ever" when you typed "2 months out".

Yep it may end up that way we shall see...definitely missed not being there. Was glued to the computer watching the pics come in!

#492 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

Bringing that big ball bowler shouldn't be too much to lift would it?! Haha

Only took 3 people to put the head on - piece of cake

#505 5 years ago

Look at all the pinballs glued to that trophy!

#521 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

GOALS: acquire a 1000 watt Wurlitzer jukebox to bring next year. For the lobby.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/71877

Here ya go, not 1000 watts but pretty damn nice

#528 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Can we come of with some form of pinsider ID for next year? I wanted to meet as many pinsiders as possible this year but only met the obvious (chuckwurt) and others directly involved. Anyone think this is a good idea? Nice to know the name and face behind the avatars on here.

pretty sure you can print pinside tags for yourself. Another option would be a meet and greet

6 months later
    #568 4 years ago

Plan is to 1st not hurt my back so I can actually make it...

Second- plan is to bring two restored games that are in progress, hopefully I'll make the deadline. Both games cabs in work now.

Black Knight
    F-14

IMG_1150 (resized).JPGIMG_1150 (resized).JPGIMG_1307 (resized).JPGIMG_1307 (resized).JPGIMG_1310 (resized).JPGIMG_1310 (resized).JPG
    4 weeks later
    #586 4 years ago

Eye candy

IMG_1557 (resized).JPGIMG_1557 (resized).JPGIMG_1573 (resized).JPGIMG_1573 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #593 4 years ago

BK pf cleared and getting new rails made so I can repopulate it.

IMG_2047 (resized).JPGIMG_2047 (resized).JPGIMG_2048 (resized).JPGIMG_2048 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #620 4 years ago

BK lives - now to dial it in and get going on F-14

IMG_2563 (resized).JPGIMG_2563 (resized).JPG
    3 weeks later
    #741 4 years ago

I will bringing my tools with me to the show, so anyone having problems with a game just come find me.

Scott

#743 4 years ago

Working 10 - 12 hours a day trying to get this done

IMG_2699 (resized).JPGIMG_2699 (resized).JPGIMG_2700 (resized).JPGIMG_2700 (resized).JPG
    #757 4 years ago

Almost there...

IMG_2711 (resized).JPGIMG_2711 (resized).JPG
    #763 4 years ago

staged for tomorrow

IMG_2713 (resized).JPGIMG_2713 (resized).JPG
    2 years later
    #1306 2 years ago

Everybody that knew who-dey - make sure to play walking dead and iron maiden - they were his games so play one in honor of his memory.

#1377 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Some games you only need to play once. Celts was one of them.

No doubt - as with every spooky game

11 months later
    #1547 1 year ago

Start the countdown -

8 days 'til setup!

#1555 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yeah not a big deal. Annoying though.

I can bring one if needed

7-14.gif7-14.gif
    #1563 1 year ago

Made the mistake of trying a slap save on this the first year he brought it. Never again

#1582 1 year ago
    Quoted from conester:

Will I get this old girl back together on time? Time is running out! Four days until load in!
    [quoted image]

Dude - that thing is beat to hell from all the shows - think it's time to sell it and move on.

#1584 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Coney sell MM? That’s be after hell froze over and pigs flew.

Not that bad - he'd just have to get divorced - that's the wedding pin.

#1605 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Godzilla premium show game now available. previous buyer can no longer make the show and I wont ship show games. Ill be opening the box up at the show

Gone

#1625 1 year ago

Big question - is the fudge guy going to be there? If so, I need to pack some $$

#1646 1 year ago

Finally coming home....

zilla.gifzilla.gif
    #1650 1 year ago

This year is a tribute to the classic OH show with flooded bathrooms!

#1762 1 year ago

My vote for best game is Mark P.'s Stargate - over the top GORGEOUS machine. If you haven't played it you are missing out. Close second is the restored Stargazer...

#1791 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Thanks to everyone that stopped by and chatter with us at the booth. We had a blast, even in the dark, lol
    Felt so bad for Erik with the power issue (for those that dont know, the power was out half of saturday due to a transformer or something that took out the whole area, so it wasnt a hotel issue) We all just waited for it to come on and Erik dealt with it like a champ. We offered what little we could do. Since the women couldnt finish their finals, that was pushed to sunday, and we offered our booth to host the Jr's tourament. We also said that we were fin with people playing our games all night saturday if they wanted. I finally quit around 3am, and people were still playing around 4 am
    We hoped you liked our booth, this was the first time that we used a truss system to have leaderboard set up, if you have any suggestions of what would make our booth better, we are always open to constructive criticism.

Thanks for bringing all the accessories - got some hard to find parts to make quite a few people happy! Guess I need to set up Zilla and play it finally...

2 weeks later
    #1853 1 year ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

The detail is amazing, captures really the blacks. Bet you took that with a fancy camera.

I call a hoax - these days we would be blinded by everyone's cell phone screens (as they are looking at the Duke Energy website)

8 months later
    1 month later
    #1978 5 months ago

In coordination with chuckwurt I will be bringing a Guardians pro. I'm working with ProjectPinball to place this game, but I need some help. The goal is to raise $6500 to pay for the machine. A good friend has pledged to match donations (up to $3250) to make this happen. If we are blessed to go over that amount, the remaining funds will go to Project Pinball. Donations will be collected by the staff, or let me know if you can't attend but would still like to make a donation.

Thanks in advance - let's get another machine for the kids!

Scott

DSCN6333 (resized).JPGDSCN6333 (resized).JPG
    #1981 5 months ago

Just ordered some stickers so you can show you donated at the show.

pp sticker (resized).jpgpp sticker (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #2009 5 months ago

Charity game will be set up at the entrance with this sign next to it...

proof.pdfproof.pdf
    #2017 5 months ago

All packed up and ready - how many more days?

DSCN6477 (resized).JPGDSCN6477 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #2040 5 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shit just got real!!
    [quoted image]

Did that space mission come from Rob? If so, that was a nice one i found a long time ago...

#2061 5 months ago

let me help you with that

snort.gifsnort.gif
    #2075 4 months ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Will there be any anti-reflective glass deals at the show? (Widebody)

This is from KingPinGames

i will have some in the booth. Both standard and widebody. Show pricing is $199.99 for the standard and 209.99 for the widebody.

#2082 4 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yearly truck pic!!
    [quoted image]

Sweet baby Jesus, my back hurts looking at that!

#2090 4 months ago
    beer-chug.gifbeer-chug.gif
    #2140 4 months ago

Project Pinball has posted about our machine up for donation on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectPinball/

#2168 4 months ago

Any guesses on the fundraiser?

DSCN6521 (resized).JPGDSCN6521 (resized).JPG
    #2171 4 months ago

Previous donations - $200, matching donation $3250

Pincinnati donations - $648.22

Bring it to a total of $4098.22 of the $6500 goal

Huge thanks to all that donated! Huge thanks to Erik and Jerry and everyone that worked the front for all the help with this. Thanks to Phoebe and Larry for taking care of the bucket!

Thank you to all! - Scott

#2175 4 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I feel like we just did this. [quoted image]

Still have to get them setup in the basement. Hope you take your time. Great show this year as always. Love the t-shirts as well!

#2179 4 months ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Thanks for a great show Erik
    Still driving
    [quoted image]

We all need to appreciate what the distros go through for a show. It would not be the same without them. Thanks for all you guys /gals. You make the shows better! Safe travels for all.

2 weeks later
    #2215 4 months ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Anyone know who the gentleman in the back of the room with the Virtual Pin Cab was? Thanks was hoping to ask a couple questions if possible.

Let me see if I can get you his info

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weirpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122?tu=weirpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.