(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thirdedition.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#493 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I didn’t get to play much, but I really like signal Jr. Pretty cool how a game that simple can be so fun.
    I loved the Magic too. Same owners. Coincidence? Haha

Thanks for the kind words, but I technically only own one of them .

There were too many great games there to mention. I was super impressed with Queen, and that Black Knight 2000 was in incredible shape.

I'm glad we are doing it again next year, thanks again for putting it on.

11 months later
    #702 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

What is it generally, per sheet? And if your driving a small pickup, what would be the best way to get a few sheets home safe? Never transported pin glass outside of the pin.

Another option is to wrap it up in plastic and put it in a moving blanket.

#705 4 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I’ll at least need 4 sheets myself - any idea what day he will be arriving?

I don't want to speak for Eric or Beau, but I imagine it will be available Friday.

#726 4 years ago
    Quoted from dpannell:

I could bring this game if there was interest, it's a hybrid Firepower project with a animated backglass, a DMD like display under the glass and a few other features. See below...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ll-be-at-trent-augenstein-s-summer-pinball-thing#post-5168013

Bring it, that thing is so cool to see. I was hoping you were going to make it to the show.

2 years later
    #1206 2 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

With all these cool games it's going to be really tough to resist buying a few.
    Thankfully I can't them in the overhead, so that's going to help.
    Were the tournaments already sold out?

It is more of a collectors show so usually not a ton of stuff for sale.

That being said, there are always a few games up for grabs. Also, as the saying goes anything is for sale at the right price.

#1222 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

What time does the show open up on Friday?

Friday is 2pm to midnight.

#1253 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gross. Their buns are good. That’s it.

Goldstar actually makes a good hamburger....

For chili I'd go Skyline, or a local place if you are willing to drive.

#1256 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Spoken like a true west sider.

I'm just saying if it is Goldstar or Wendy's I'm going to Goldstar every time .

#1297 2 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I don’t see Signal Jr.

It is here, Red didn't get in until a little later.

#1301 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Will Marks Ringer be on the floor?

Ringer is here it is in the back corner by the tent.

#1335 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

The p3 has a lexy backglass, but had heist installed last night. Haven't checked it today. But it's a great system... I played lexy before the heist swap and was not disappointed. Hope to try heist tomorrow!

Keeping Heist in it for now. If someone really wants to try something else I may swap it, but it is getting constant play this far.

#1337 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Yes thank you, loving it! Really wanted to try it since I have one on order. Is the main display usually supposed to show the P3 screen?

It is a bit older unit so it doesn't have an LCD in the backbox. The P3 logo that you see is part of the bezel.

#1381 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably not. We have to sleep at some point.

Agreed, 24 hour rooms are a bit much.

#1418 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

My statistical and math terminology is very crappy now a days, but basically the weight of a tournament is based on the number of games played. Also, you get a boost if the matches are 3-4 player groups.
    In the gauntlet, it is very low weight because you’re playing alone (no direct play), and the tasks can be completed in one ball, so you’ll only get 1/3 credit for each game. So, 6 games per round and 1/3 credit for each so only basically playing 2 games per round, 3 rounds, 6 games total for the tournament.
    To get full value for IFPA, you have to play 25 games.
    For Saturday matchplay, we are playing 4 player groups. We get 2x bonus for that. So each round you get credit for 2 games even though you’re only playing one.
    So even after qualifying, we are already up to 16 of the 25 games needed.
    Then finals gets us the rest of the way.

Isn't there also a new bonus for having over 64 players?

#1420 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe. Not aware of that. I do know, that the .5 points you get for everyone that is a rated player (at least 5 events under their belt), that caps at 64 players. So max 32 points from rated players.
    You may be thinking of IFPA certification which is new. One of those requirements is your tournament needs to have at least 64 players and your event could get a 20% points boost. But there are other requirements too. Namely, qualifying and finals cannot be the same day. Hence, Pincinnati won’t get that boost.

I truly feel like the IFPA points are out of control....

#1422 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just want to feel like my ranking is accurate based off my own person smell test. I feel they do a good job of that.

I understand where you are coming from. I just feel like there is a conversation to be had about large vs small tournaments, and large vs small markets.

I also know there is no perfect system and they are doing what they feel is right. So kudos to them for that.

#1425 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The higher you get up there, the more you need the big tournaments to rise. Local 16 to 20 player tourneys don't hit your points unless you win (and if you are top 200, even winning might not be enough to move the needle). Second place isn't enough to overtake other events that are under your belt.

I understand how it works, I just don't tend to like it.

#1427 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

What I really like is the states system. Even though I would need to win all local events to get them on my 20 tournament world rank card, they all count for states points which in most respects means more to me than anything.

Yeah the state stuff is pretty cool, I agree with you there.

1 year later
    #1877 10 months ago

I'm interested in a nice poster for sure.

1 month later
    #1907 9 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully we don’t have to use too much of the glow in the dark ink this year!![quoted image]

Well done, mortal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thirdedition.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122?tu=thirdedition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.