(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t3quila.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 5 years ago

I'm excited and looking forward to be there. Now, why do I have to wait so long to buy a ticket?

1 month later
    #45 5 years ago

Grabbed a couple of weekend passes. Didn't see an option to buy 2 at the same time and had to purchase them separately. Did I miss the selection for more than one?

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah sorry. You did nothing wrong. That was a thought I had at the last minute and was a tad too late. Gonna see if we can adjust that at some point.

No big deal just wondered if I'm too stupid to use the website properly
    I'm thrilled and looking forward to the event!
    Good luck, hopefully it sells out so we can have it every year!

3 months later
    #85 5 years ago

I think I might have accidentally deleted my ticket receipts from my email account.
    I remember receiving an email for each that looked more like a cash register receipt or something just stating the credit card transaction (no fancy QR code or anything).
    Anybody know if they have the people's names that bought the tickets on file to possibly get in or do I need to find them to show them at the entrance?
    I'll keep digging though my old emails.
    I know I should have printed it out but I'm a lazy bum...

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

I think I might have accidentally deleted my ticket receipts from my email account.
    I remember receiving an email for each that looked more like a cash register receipt or something just stating the credit card transaction (no fancy QR code or anything).
    Anybody know if they have the people's names that bought the tickets on file to possibly get in or do I need to find them to show them at the entrance?
    I'll keep digging though my old emails.
    I know I should have printed it out but I'm a lazy bum...

Nevermind, of course I found them 2 seconds after posting here and not before...

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. No worries! We have everyone on a will call list that has bought tickets so if you purchased a ticket we have you in the system. If you lose your receipts for good, feel free to email us at [email protected] and we can double check your status and get you another confirmation.
    Thanks!

Awesome, you are the best.
    I'm really stoked for the event. Now I have to figure out what I want to play - so many great machines in the lineup. I feel like a kid in a candy store.

How is the tournament looking, are all the spots already taken? I in general suck at pinball but I figure it would be a blast to join anyway but I don't want to take anybody's spot who actually has a legit chance to compete since they are limited.

1 year later
    #660 4 years ago

Bought two weekend passes last year and didn't go
    Not this year, super stoked for Oktoberfest!
    Haven't had a lot of time to play at all this year, built a new house and moved.

3 weeks later
    #865 4 years ago

Thanks to everybody who organized this event and to the people that brought their pins. I had an absolute blast. There were so many awesome people to meet, so much pinball to play.

And the kicker is I got the beautiful Oktoberfest machine that ZMeny had for sale. It was awesome that DanDanDAN from American Pinball was there as well. Hope you made it home safely, thanks for the great time!

I can't wait for next year, this is an absolute Highlight in my calendar.

#867 4 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

I wouldn't feed Dixie chili to the dog. That shit is nasty!

Seems whenever you mention the word chili in Cincinnati you are going to start a war, but we all know skyline is the best.

2 years later
    #1373 2 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What an amazing weekend! Congrats to Erik and everyone else involved. This is as good as it gets!
    The tournament area being in the lobby amongst the fountains and waterfall was really special.
    The freeplay area was amazing. I had limited time in there since I'm a tournament guy, but some standouts for me:
    That Taxi was the best I've ever played. New PF and everything just worked perfectly. Same goes for the Firepower.
    The Time Fantasy with overhead UV light was awesome.
    Celts was WAY better than Valhalla. Almost no comparison. Those outlanes on Celts just need to be opened up.
    There were two DE TMNT there and the one next to Taxi was by far the nicest one I've ever played.
    Also two Aliens there but I didn't find time to play.
    The Banzai Run played fantastic.
    CCR was a pretty big improvement on the original. Just a touch too easy IMHO.
    Great assortment of EM's and early SS on hand.
    Finishing 2nd Friday and 1st on Saturday was just icing on the cake!
    I hope to make it to Pincinnati again next year!
    Side note: I tried the Skyline 3-way. Sorry, not a fan. The chili was almost black and had a weird flavor that I can't really describe.
    I did see White Castle but didn't have time to try.
    Sadly, I didn't stop to get Grippos. By the time I was knocked out of the Gauntlet on Sunday I just wanted to hit the road. Seven hours is a long drive, especially after dark. I made it home around 9:30 central time, tired but very happy![

It was so great meeting you finally in person! Thank you for coming that far and congratulations again!
    I definitely can understand that you wanted to hit the road, i only had a 30 minute drive and was pretty toast at the end of the day!

Hopefully we'll see you again next year or at a show in between!

Next time we'll go together to skyline, my treat!

#1416 2 years ago

I made a huge jump in rankings. Didn't even know that the Gauntlet would be giving points. The place / points curve seems to be polynomial or something, definitely not linear.

9 months later
    #1505 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

We just added links to the tickets and tournaments pages of the website. They are about 100 people deep right now. We did go VERY far down them last year to fill the final 5-10 spots due to no shows, so you never know! Worst case is you don’t get in and you get to party in the main hall all weekend. Pretty awesome consolation prize if you ask me.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LtuXFaczcqzX6SAGDl6zgOiCpe6bBshZjLj7gMGQo6I/edit

Most of the names on that list are double and triple as well from what it looks like. May be a lot less than what it looks like

2 months later
    #1828 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

just be sure they know.. if they remove the fountain, they lose the show.

Without the fountain it would remove the temptation to flip Quick Draw into the water during the tournament though...

1 week later
    #1852 1 year ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

I took a picture of the blackout[quoted image]

The detail is amazing, captures really the blacks. Bet you took that with a fancy camera.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t3quila.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122?tu=t3quila and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.