(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classics_Master.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1010 2 years ago

Already full? I didn’t know they started registration. Remember the days you’d just show up at a tournament and try to qualify with no cap on entries? All you had to worry about was getting to the event, the more the players the better the ranking points, fun times! A few of those shows still exist thank goodness

4 months later
    #1113 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Had planned on going to this show just to play in the tournament with a few buddies but we missed out on the tournament as it’s sold out so we are no longer going. Wish there was a big tournament with unlimited entries like we just finished playing this weekend at Pintastic.

I hear ya, I decided not to make the drive this year to FPF as it’s a long way from KY, actually same distance to Pintastic, about 14 hours. I really enjoy both of these shows as you just show up and qualify anytime, no worries to pre-register. I played in the pincinatti tourney the first year and loved it, really liked the two tournaments, finished 2nd in both and have some very cool plaques from the show! Very fun and liked the hotel. Would’ve loved to play this year, but didn’t register in time. It’s so nice too, as it’s so close to me, (within two hours), and a very good show otherwise. I guess I’ll just have to remember next year, but this may get to be like pinburgh and sell out so quickly, just very stressful. I mark my calendar for shows you just show up to and qualify, thank goodness most are still this format. I’ve always said qualifying is half the fun. Checking to see where you stand against the competition, I’ve always enjoyed that. Or maybe they could at least do an open strikes tourney on the last day? I’d still be there! I know FPF was going to try that on the last day.

#1115 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mark your calendars for 7/1 so not to miss out! Both tournaments are being increased to 100 entries next year most likely!
    Sorry about that, but we don’t like HERB events. They just aren’t very fun.

Will do, and glad to hear your adding more players. If you don’t like HERB style that’s your opinion, but I know many people that prefer that style tournament. Anyway, what about PAPA style? That is what Pintastic does as well, where you play five games and you have to be good consistently on one ticket. Whatever style, just wish it wasn’t capped off, where the more players you get the bigger and better the tourney. That was so cool where pinball expo had about 170 players in the Classics! That’s the most I’ve ever seen there, plus 32 qualified instead of the usual 16.

#1119 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Has anyone every gotten a breakdown from the tournament organizers of the large HERB events on how the money worked out? I know Trent at EXPO this year laid it out which is nice, but I don’t think this was ever communicated in all the other HERB events I’ve played in. Always thought that was sketchy as hell.

I know Andy Rosa has ran some great tournaments in Flint Michigan with 100% paybacks, classics were great, top prize was usually around $1000 and 2nd $500 and that was just with a couple days qualifying, main was even higher. Can’t remember how many places paid out, want to say too 8 at least, maybe all 16 qualifying got at least something. Usually only like 40 players or so as well.

#1121 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I need to make it to one of the Rosa tournaments one of these days.

Yes awesome tournaments, been to many of them, and they attracted the top players too. Great memories from those, plus been to a few at the Bavarian Inn he ran as well, indoor waterpark and mini golf right in the area of the tournament, they were usually in December there.

1 year later
    #1893 9 months ago
    Quoted from Pinballogist:

Oh, I’m aware of how fast they sell out! It’s a good problem to have! Sometimes life just happens and we can’t be on our phone - maybe next year
    Hopefully you were able to snag a spot!

I’m on the waitlist too and sure hope to get in! Pincinatti is a great show! I’ve also really been enjoying District 82 tournaments and glad to see they’re not selling out quite so fast. There are about 25 places left for the “summer classic” in August still! The add on tourneys are wide open with about 80 places left for both Tuesday and Wednesday. It also helps where the “summer classic” is $320 and the upcoming October “Super Series” is $410, not to mention the two add on days are $25 each. I don’t mind the higher tournament costs, as the prize pools are great there. If anything the higher cost helps keep it from selling all 150 spots so quickly.

If you’ve not been, I recommend registering for the “summer classic” and doing the Tilt N’Tuesday and Beat The Clock Wednesday add on’s, it’s 6 full days of pinball tournaments! So much fun!

#1901 9 months ago

Great! Is there a player limit on the classics tournament Wednesday? Just curious if there was a registration time or is this just show up and register the day of? Sounds fun!

#1908 9 months ago

When can we see the tournament waitlists? The website isn’t showing unless I’m looking wrong? Just curious who’s currently registered and who’s on the list, see how far those of us the waitlist are down. Thanks!

#1910 9 months ago

Cool see it now thanks!

4 months later
    #2115 4 months ago

Bringing the classic Gottlieb wedge-head “Egg Head”, plays great! If you haven’t played one of these it’s kinda rare, and it’s very challenging! Looks easy, but it’s not. Very unique tic-tac-toe themed game with outstanding artwork.

08109491-0A2E-411A-BB00-FA1F8A003D9F.jpeg08109491-0A2E-411A-BB00-FA1F8A003D9F.jpeg
    #2117 4 months ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Looks tough to me, I mean where can you even shoot the ball that doesn't lead to it coming right back at ya' once it gets to the flippers?

We’ll, actually those 50 point spot targets on the left and right are key as they spot the X’s and O’s when lit, but you can actually go back to the top between the pop bumpers. Just a lot of charm in these classic Gottlieb’s, they’re a lot of fun and smooth playing games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Classics_Master.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122?tu=Classics_Master and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.