(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg

There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 45.
    #1201 2 years ago

I just realized. We will have EVERY single edition of GNR. Data east, JJP SE, LE, and CE. haha. we are so very lucky. thanks to everyone that made that happen!

#1202 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The final 2 tournament games!![quoted image][quoted image]

So bummed I didn’t get tickets in time. What a lineup! Well done.

#1203 2 years ago

With all these cool games it's going to be really tough to resist buying a few.

Thankfully I can't them in the overhead, so that's going to help.

Were the tournaments already sold out?

#1204 2 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

Yeah. We are pinburgh fast, but they are gone in a few hours. They go on sale 7/1. My goal is to bump each main tournament to 100 players next year.

#1205 2 years ago
    Quoted from C_Presley:

So bummed I didn’t get tickets in time. What a lineup! Well done.

Tickets are still for sale! You can always just show up too. Or were you wanting the tournaments?

Fun cheap weekend either way. Come party with us!

#1206 2 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

With all these cool games it's going to be really tough to resist buying a few.
    Thankfully I can't them in the overhead, so that's going to help.

It is more of a collectors show so usually not a ton of stuff for sale.

That being said, there are always a few games up for grabs. Also, as the saying goes anything is for sale at the right price.

#1207 2 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

I grew up near their tower. I can attest that until they turned the power down a bit that folks could sometimes pick up WLW in their gutters, mattress box springs, one of my buddies even claimed he could hear it coming from his toilet.

Worked at Royal Distributing early 80s, in evendale. Working on space invaders touched audio area wlw came through nice and clear.

#1208 2 years ago

Sorting and packing to get ready for load out, I found the following parts, if anyone is looking for these make an offer and I can bring to the show:

- DE (80's) lockdown bar. Originally black and later had "chrome tape" overlayed; will need to be refinished.
    - Space Station original upper PF and right ramp. Well worn / repaired. New replacements are available but if you're cheap and yours are missing/broke...
    - Firepower apron. Not perfect of course, but could clean up nice (not rusty or anything, just a little scratched and dull).
    - GTB Sys80B widebody upper metal pf arch from a SpiderMan. Also have the apron from this, a drop mech, and the wiring harness (spinal cord is mostly complete but switches and other random bits are removed)

#1209 2 years ago

Damn gotta to work this weekend. I have to two choices I could go to work stay safe. Sounds kinda lame. I might be canned. I could go and have good time. Pffft I will have good time. If I get fired I’m giving up the possibility of owning Terry’s Aerosmith. What would y’all do?

#1210 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Damn gotta to work this weekend. I have to two choices I could go to work stay safe. Sounds kinda lame. I might be canned. I could go and have good time. Pffft I will have good time. If I get fired I’m giving up the possibility of owning Terry’s Aerosmith. What would y’all do?

Go to work. There will be more shows

#1211 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tickets are still for sale! You can always just show up too. Or were you wanting the tournaments?

Oh I’ll be there, I meant the tournament.

#1213 2 years ago

Now this is my favorite news interview of all time. Fletch is smooth as silk up there on the big stage!

Puts that Antoine Dodson interview to shame!

#1214 2 years ago

Looking forward to getting some time on Halloween and Ultraman.

#1215 2 years ago

Planning to come down Saturday. I have a few things I could bring with me if someone needed wanted.

I have a players Road Kings that I’m going to list shortly. Plays 100%. Game has been cleaned and waxed. New rubber, balls, led displays, LED in Gi and top of playfield, NVRam. 1850 or trade for projects +/- cash as needed

Complete set system 11 displays from Road Kings. The displays work and have no burn except for the Credit display and it has some burn. Display driver included but has two bad chips on the board. 200 Will separate displays 50 for good and 30 for credit

Set if Bally 7 digit displays all in good shape. 50 each

#1216 2 years ago

NIB Stern POTC playfield

$500 cash

Trade ?

#1219 2 years ago
    C38C1D83-BE88-4996-9876-AC75A48E56EB (resized).jpegC38C1D83-BE88-4996-9876-AC75A48E56EB (resized).jpeg
    #1220 2 years ago

What time does the show open up on Friday?

#1221 2 years ago
    Quoted from PocketSnacks:

A little disappointed you weren't more aggressive in correcting "Pin Cincinnati."

Oh, but that led to the beautiful moment when Eric merely said the name properly and the anchor totally did one of these:

dd0 (resized).jpgdd0 (resized).jpg

And also punctuates the perfect conclusion: "it's Cincinnati but with a P!"

#1222 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

What time does the show open up on Friday?

Friday is 2pm to midnight.

#1223 2 years ago

Twipy awards pre voting has begun! Please consider Pincinnati as your favorite pinball show and tournament. Thanks!

https://twipys.com/2021-pre-voting/

#1224 2 years ago

Hey Erik or Jerry ...I'm sure you'll be asked about it from other people, so posting here: Is Pincinnati operating on zero covid restrictions? I ask because I do not understand the latest update from Ohio designating Clermont county as a 'high risk of transmission' does to your show / indoor events.

As I understand it, for the show: Masks optional. No proof of vaccination. No proof of test 24 hours before. Do a self-check and if feeling like shit stay home.

#1225 2 years ago

Correct on on fronts. No restrictions mandated by the state. Everyone can choose what’s best for them. We will have masks at the front desk if people want them.

Sanitizer at various tables around the show.

If you don’t feel 100%, please please please stay home.

#1226 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Pincinnati website says "sales have ended for this event". Is that an error or are tickets only available at the door now?

#1227 2 years ago
    Quoted from beeker3000:

The Pincinnati website says "sales have ended for this event". Is that an error or are tickets only available at the door now?

Only available at the door. We need to print off the listings of attendees so the online sales get cut off the week of. We need to make that more clear on the website.

#1229 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Flip N Out Pinball Booth Tentative Game List & Show Specials
    Contact us at [email protected] if interested in pre-purchasing a game. Thanks everyone, looking forward to this weekend!
    - The Mandalorian Premium (SHOW SPECIAL: Available)
    - Jurassic Park: The Pin (SHOW SPECIAL: Available)
    - Star Wars: The Pin Comic (SHOW SPECIAL: Available)
    - Beatles Gold (SHOW SPECIAL: Available)
    - Godzilla Limited Edition (Available)
    - Batman 66 Premium w/mods (Available)
    - Black Knight: Sword Of Rage Pro (Not For Sale)
    - Willy Wonka Limited Edition (SHOW SPECIAL: Available)
    - Guns N Roses Collectors Edition DEMO (Not For Sale)
    - Cactus Canyon Remake DEMO (Not For Sale)
    - Celts: Highland Edition (Available)
    - Jurassic Park Sitdown Enclosed Arcade (Available)

Was hoping to play a CCR, and excited to see Celts for the first time.

#1230 2 years ago

I can't believe there is no talk of the best chili. Should I get skyline or 5 star? Being from Indiana I haven't tried either.

#1231 2 years ago
    Quoted from Waderade812:

I can't believe there is no talk of the best chili. Should I get skyline or 5 star? Being from Indiana I haven't tried either.

Drive up to the mit for a coney dog

#1232 2 years ago

https://pinside.c

Quoted from Waderade812:

Skyline!

#1233 2 years ago

Right around the corner from the show is an awesome Taco truck - https://www.facebook.com/diegostacos21

Highly recommend

#1234 2 years ago

I may get downvoted but GoldStar>Skyline.

#1235 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hench4Life:

Was hoping to play a CCR, and excited to see Celts for the first time.

CGC confirmed yesterday they are bringing CCR!! They will be playing all the hits.

12FD64A6-3CA8-485B-8734-2A9C7CC36A22 (resized).jpeg12FD64A6-3CA8-485B-8734-2A9C7CC36A22 (resized).jpeg
    #1236 2 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I may get downvoted but GoldStar>Skyline.

Gross. Their buns are good. That’s it.

#1237 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gross. Their buns are good. That’s it.

You know what’s gross, this will only be my first pincinnati.

Pumped to finally go. See ya there Eric, even if I always call you chuck at the shows.

#1238 2 years ago

Is there a nice hotel close by that allows one night stay? I can’t come until Saturday but the Holiday Inn said it’s 2 night minimum. This will be my first visit. Stoked!

#1239 2 years ago
    Quoted from Magicmike0:

Is there a nice hotel close by that allows one night stay? I can’t come until Saturday but the Holiday Inn said it’s 2 night minimum. This will be my first visit. Stoked!

2 night minimum? That’s BS. Sorry about that. I will mention it during our negotiations and ask why.

#1240 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

2 night minimum? That’s BS. Sorry about that. I will mention it during our negotiations and ask why.

No worries bud. If anybody knows of a spot close by I’ll crash there, or just come for a day trip Sunday. I’m coming to meet ZMeny and the FlipNOut crew! Of course it’d be cool to meet the famous Chuckwurt too! You guys have done so much for pinball and I appreciate the he!! out of it!

#1241 2 years ago

***UPDATE***

We have two new Escaleras that we can bring if someone wants to purchase one, just let us know tonight. $2400 and you also get Magnum Crossgrip Handle installed free! Plus no shipping costs and no waiting 8-10 weeks for one to be built.

Flip N Out Pinball Booth Tentative Game List & Show Specials

Contact us at [email protected] if interested in pre-purchasing a game. Thanks everyone, looking forward to this weekend!

- The Mandalorian Premium (Reserved)
    - Jurassic Park: The Pin (SHOW SPECIAL: Available)
    - Star Wars: The Pin Comic (SHOW SPECIAL: Available)
    - Beatles Gold (SHOW SPECIAL: Available)
    - Godzilla Limited Edition (Available)
    - Batman 66 Premium w/mods (Available)
    - Black Knight: Sword Of Rage Pro (Not For Sale)
    - Willy Wonka Limited Edition (SHOW SPECIAL: Available)
    - Guns N Roses Collectors Edition DEMO (Not For Sale)
    - Cactus Canyon Remake DEMO (Not For Sale)
    - Celts: Highland Edition (Available)
    - Jurassic Park Sitdown Enclosed Arcade (Available)

#1242 2 years ago

This one is at least newish and right down the street

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cvgeghx-hampton-cincinnati-eastgate/?SEO_id=GMB-HX-CVGEGHX&y_source=1_MjA4NTE2Ni03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU%3D

Quoted from Magicmike0:

#1243 2 years ago

Zach, will you have Greg Bone in tow?

#1245 2 years ago

Ooohh...carpet!

16384033431921779329441740411285 (resized).jpg16384033431921779329441740411285 (resized).jpg
    #1246 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

[quoted image]

Whichever you choose, never get it “ to go” as you never receive enough cheese!

#1247 2 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Whichever you choose, never get it “ to go” as you never receive enough cheese!

...and make sure you ask for the cheese on the side. They will usually put it in the bag. Failure to do this, and your dinner will look like orange BARF by the time you get home.

#1248 2 years ago

Amazing how fast you guys will fill that space - can’t wait to see the lobby space you guys have this year

Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Ooohh...carpet!
    [quoted image]

#1249 2 years ago

Will there be some vids as well?

#1250 2 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

Will there be some vids as well?

Outside of the streaming, not much unless people just decide to record their own.

Stream will be at SDTMpinball on twitch starting at 3 Friday 12 Saturday and 11 am Sunday.

There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122/page/25?hl=mrcleanhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.