(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 45.
    #951 2 years ago

Wow. Thanks for the kind words and that would be awesome if you ended up bringing a game!

Man am I glad we are going to be able to do this again this year. I missed it big time.

And we definitely do not want to get too big. Just keep it simple and small and well run.

#952 2 years ago

Got myself registered for the requested games... If I need to switch em out let me know. I've told the spawns this is my calendar for their "bday weekend" and they're cool with it so we can't wait! (warning, there may need to be cake *somewhere* since the 3rd will be cuddledozer's 14th lol). But now that I know the detour around that damn bridge I especially plan to be there!

And yes small and simple is best cuz only the cool kids get in

#953 2 years ago

I’m sure we can find a spot for the kids bday stuff in the private lounge we have for the game bringers each em year. No problem at all.

#954 2 years ago

brent spence painting scheduled to be completed by nov 15th, should be done n gone by Pincinnati time...

#955 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

And we definitely do not want to get too big. Just keep it simple and small and well run.

That’s what made it so great! Small, not overwhelming, people respected the games, and the games that people brought seemed to be ones they were proud to show off (like the person who brought that Little Joe and took the time to type out and print a rule sheet and strategy guide). Way cool.

Seems like the bigger shows are just turning into a giant swap meet where people bring junk games to avoid paying the $20 entrance fee.

#956 2 years ago

We are very lucky to have a generous pinball community. And it keeps getting better.
    Everybody brings their good stuff.
    Which means not a high number for sale, but that's ok. Everything has a price.

#957 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Seems like the bigger shows are just turning into a giant swap meet where people bring junk games to avoid paying the $20 entrance fee.

That’s why we went a different route. We get a more personal email chain going with everyone that is bringing games so we can keep everyone accountable for what they are bringing and ensure it’s going to be something good that they are committed to keep playing great all weekend. We’re very lucky like Jerry said to have such awesome support that we doing need to have generic game signups like other shows and hope that 75% of them actually show up.

Our first year we had 125 games signed up to come, and 125 showed up. Crazy.

We just try to do all the little things really well, and always listen to feedback to keep getting better.

#958 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Awesome. So far, I am planning to bring Transformers Pro, Vegas/Hoops, and one other game... Little Joe is looking like a strong possibility.

A certain young kid hopes you consider bringing back Crystal Castles

#959 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

That’s what made it so great! Small, not overwhelming, people respected the games, and the games that people brought seemed to be ones they were proud to show off (like the person who brought that Little Joe and took the time to type out and print a rule sheet and strategy guide). Way cool.

Awww, that’s so cool that someone noticed it. I actually had someone write me a PM thanking me for bringing it. I’ve been going to shows for 15 years and that was a first. The show is a blast. No matter how much people want pinball to just be a game about pinball, it’s simply not. It’s bigger than that and the Pincinnati show exemplifies this perfectly.

#960 2 years ago

Let's hope American Pinball returns and brings there new release and Hot Wheels we missed. What would it take for Pinball Garage to bring the one and only Legends of Valahalla? I mean if people are traveling 10 hours, then....

#961 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Let's hope American Pinball returns and brings there new release and Hot Wheels we missed. What would it take for Pinball Garage to bring the one and only Legends of Valahalla? I mean if people are traveling 10 hours, then....

Pinball garage is bringing all the rare stuff. Already confirmed!

#962 2 years ago
    2e5 (1) (resized).png2e5 (1) (resized).png
    #963 2 years ago

Hercules really isn't worth the space or effort. It's a gimmick... really slow play even when the flippers actually have enough oomph to get the ball back to the top. It's as basic a ruleset as they come - many EMs are more complex. You play it once, maybe twice if it houses you a couple times and that's about it.

#965 2 years ago

I think Asheville pinball museum has one. Should go check it out. Haha

#966 2 years ago

Did I hear that someone is bringing a Class of 1812?

#967 2 years ago
    Quoted from athens95:

Did I hear that someone is bringing a Class of 1812?

I assumed the one you have hasn’t moved since the day I helped you get it. That would be a great one to bring! I might not let you take it home though.

#968 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Hercules really isn't worth the space or effort. It's a gimmick... really slow play even when the flippers actually have enough oomph to get the ball back to the top. It's as basic a ruleset as they come - many EMs are more complex. You play it once, maybe twice if it houses you a couple times and that's about it.

I agree with ya. But then again, it's the gimmick, the one and done, and the unusualness that would make it cool for folks (pinheads and non-pinheads) to see and say "hey, would ya look at that".

But I guess since it's huge and likely weighs a ton, who would wanna bring it. ;-P

#969 2 years ago

Sounds like Lee is volunteering. Thanks Lee!

#970 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hahahahaha... sure thing.

#971 2 years ago

Mehh! Hercules is but a chunk of corn in the crap from the all-mighty Magnificent Marble.

I actually remember this show from way freaking back. You guys need to build this Sum'Bitch in the lobby of the hotel.

1 week later
    #972 2 years ago

Ok, so I've not yet attended a pinball event like this. I'm considering driving out there (I live just east of STL). What can I expect? I'm in the market for an another machine,, either NIB or 90's DMD-would it be safe to assume both would be available?

Thx

#973 2 years ago

Pincinnati isn't as much a sales show as others (Allentown, old Ohio show), but there are usually new games available, with a smattering of old titles. Your best bet may be to arrange a sale ahead of time and meet the seller at the show.

#974 2 years ago
    Quoted from Looney:

Ok, so I've not yet attended a pinball event like this. I'm considering driving out there (I live just east of STL). What can I expect? I'm in the market for an another machine,, either NIB or 90's DMD-would it be safe to assume both would be available?
    Thx

Chicago and Milwaukee-area shows are probably better for buying, but there will probably be a thread for buying and selling for those who are making the trip to Pincinnati about a month or so before the event.

#975 2 years ago
    Quoted from Looney:

Thx

Flip n out will be there and no doubt be offering show specials on new out of box games for a decent discount.

#976 2 years ago
    Quoted from Looney:

Thx

Every game will have a tag on it with the owners contact information as well as a price if the game is for sale or not.

#977 2 years ago

Thanks for the info.

#978 2 years ago
    Quoted from Looney:

Thx

Even if you don't buy a game you'll have a great time playing a lot of really well-maintained games with some odd-balls and games you've never seen before thrown in for good measure. Make the trip!

#979 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe you can do the first and only tutorial of it live at the show with your rig? Just takes 5 minutes and a crane.

#980 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Maybe you can do the first and only tutorial of it live at the show with your rig? Just takes 5 minutes and a crane.

Yeah I’ll get right on that. Haha

3 weeks later
    #981 2 years ago

Tickets go on sale in 18 days!!!

Remember to get on right away to get your passes and tournament entries especially. Each tournament is extremely limited and will be sold out in a few days I’m sure.

See here for more details on tickets:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2021-pincinnati-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-tickets-156004612997?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Current tournament details (subject to change, but not much):

https://pincinnati.com/tournaments.html

2 weeks later
    #982 2 years ago

Erik, I got my days off so I'm coming for sure!

I've got the July 1st 10AM marked on my calendar.

Is it safe to assume the tutorials you've posted in the last few days are likely to be in the tourney?

So looking forward to this!

#983 2 years ago

Great to hear Chris! My collection shown on pinside is a very safe bet for some tournament games either in the main bank or as backups.

#984 2 years ago

Tickets for 2021 go on sale in 2 days!!!

7/1 at 10am ALL tickets for the show go live. that is for show entrance and tournament entries. A weekend pass is required if you plan to plan in all the tournaments. If you are just coming for one tournament, all you need is the day pass for that day. I know a lot of people are bringing games, but you will still need to buy your tournament pass if you want to play in the tournaments.

Friday Tournament is limited to 64, and the Saturday Tournament is limited to 80. I expect these to be gone in a week tops, but who knows with this being one of the first big tournament weekends since the IFPA comes back.

Link to website where tickets can be purchased - https://pincinnati.com/tickets.html

Direct link to Eventbrite - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2021-pincinnati-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-tickets-156004612997

Thanks!

Erik and Jerry

#985 2 years ago

10AM TOMORROW. GET HYPE!!

D759A055-0DAC-4741-985F-38C88CEC07BC (resized).jpegD759A055-0DAC-4741-985F-38C88CEC07BC (resized).jpeg
    #987 2 years ago

Got my tickets! Looking forward to the best show around!

#988 2 years ago

In like flynn.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
    #990 2 years ago

The support has been AMAZING so far. Thanks so much for everyone that is supporting the show one way or the other. Can’t wait!

#991 2 years ago

Just bought my weekend pass! Cant wait! Thank You Erik and Jerry

#992 2 years ago

got my weekend pass and tickets for friday and saturday tournaments. Lost internet right at 10am but luckily my wife was elsewhere and able to purchase for me. Excited!

#993 2 years ago

I expect the tournaments to be sold out soon!

Less than 10 left for each one.

#994 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I expect the tournaments to be sold out soon!
    Less than 10 left for each one.

Wow! A day one sell out most likely!

#995 2 years ago

Sold out!!!! That’s 144 entries across two days in 3 hours!!

90F7CA13-F061-4C8A-8A11-2539D111F1F4.gif90F7CA13-F061-4C8A-8A11-2539D111F1F4.gif
    #996 2 years ago

Congrats!

#997 2 years ago

Excited for my first big tournament! Going to be an awesome show again!

#998 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sold out!!!! That’s 144 entries across two days in 3 hours!!
    [quoted image]

Damn. I cut it close on the Saturday tournament. Thanks for the reminder Erik!

#999 2 years ago

Sorry I won't be able to bring games this year but have our tickets and hotel booked!

#1000 2 years ago

The new pinburgh right here.

There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122/page/20?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.