(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/3/2021-12/5/2021)

By chuckwurt

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 971 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by wrd1972
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2e5 (1) (resized).png
SSMF (resized).png
7CCE0FB9-04C7-427B-84C2-E1C9048F1DB8 (resized).jpeg
019C3BE3-DF42-43AE-9809-02E8A97F6989 (resized).jpeg
F29742B5-A485-4492-B32F-949DD8218166 (resized).jpeg
77B3AD68-557A-4EFE-AEFF-0347F93F698A (resized).jpeg
827C389C-5232-4063-8037-B7C9D4B05ED7 (resized).jpeg
wkrp_turkeys_main (resized).jpg
0ACA0F76-212C-44F7-9D71-F4837A940F77 (resized).jpeg
20191124_183735 (resized).jpg
F1F11B33-26DE-4024-907A-AD3D1D73699B (resized).jpeg
5E6B993E-03CD-4204-A9B4-FA93B99CB861 (resized).jpeg
001 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191124_151334 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191124_151340 (resized).jpg
20191124_114620 (resized).jpg

There are 971 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
#951 10 days ago

Wow. Thanks for the kind words and that would be awesome if you ended up bringing a game!

Man am I glad we are going to be able to do this again this year. I missed it big time.

And we definitely do not want to get too big. Just keep it simple and small and well run.

#952 10 days ago

Got myself registered for the requested games... If I need to switch em out let me know. I've told the spawns this is my calendar for their "bday weekend" and they're cool with it so we can't wait! (warning, there may need to be cake *somewhere* since the 3rd will be cuddledozer's 14th lol). But now that I know the detour around that damn bridge I especially plan to be there!

And yes small and simple is best cuz only the cool kids get in

#953 10 days ago

I’m sure we can find a spot for the kids bday stuff in the private lounge we have for the game bringers each em year. No problem at all.

#954 10 days ago

brent spence painting scheduled to be completed by nov 15th, should be done n gone by Pincinnati time...

#955 10 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And we definitely do not want to get too big. Just keep it simple and small and well run.

That’s what made it so great! Small, not overwhelming, people respected the games, and the games that people brought seemed to be ones they were proud to show off (like the person who brought that Little Joe and took the time to type out and print a rule sheet and strategy guide). Way cool.

Seems like the bigger shows are just turning into a giant swap meet where people bring junk games to avoid paying the $20 entrance fee.

#956 10 days ago

We are very lucky to have a generous pinball community. And it keeps getting better.
Everybody brings their good stuff.
Which means not a high number for sale, but that's ok. Everything has a price.

#957 10 days ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Seems like the bigger shows are just turning into a giant swap meet where people bring junk games to avoid paying the $20 entrance fee.

That’s why we went a different route. We get a more personal email chain going with everyone that is bringing games so we can keep everyone accountable for what they are bringing and ensure it’s going to be something good that they are committed to keep playing great all weekend. We’re very lucky like Jerry said to have such awesome support that we doing need to have generic game signups like other shows and hope that 75% of them actually show up.

Our first year we had 125 games signed up to come, and 125 showed up. Crazy.

We just try to do all the little things really well, and always listen to feedback to keep getting better.

#958 10 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Awesome. So far, I am planning to bring Transformers Pro, Vegas/Hoops, and one other game... Little Joe is looking like a strong possibility.

A certain young kid hopes you consider bringing back Crystal Castles

#959 7 days ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

That’s what made it so great! Small, not overwhelming, people respected the games, and the games that people brought seemed to be ones they were proud to show off (like the person who brought that Little Joe and took the time to type out and print a rule sheet and strategy guide). Way cool.

Awww, that’s so cool that someone noticed it. I actually had someone write me a PM thanking me for bringing it. I’ve been going to shows for 15 years and that was a first. The show is a blast. No matter how much people want pinball to just be a game about pinball, it’s simply not. It’s bigger than that and the Pincinnati show exemplifies this perfectly.

#960 6 days ago

Let's hope American Pinball returns and brings there new release and Hot Wheels we missed. What would it take for Pinball Garage to bring the one and only Legends of Valahalla? I mean if people are traveling 10 hours, then....

#961 6 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Let's hope American Pinball returns and brings there new release and Hot Wheels we missed. What would it take for Pinball Garage to bring the one and only Legends of Valahalla? I mean if people are traveling 10 hours, then....

Pinball garage is bringing all the rare stuff. Already confirmed!

#962 6 days ago
2e5 (1) (resized).png
#963 6 days ago

Hercules really isn't worth the space or effort. It's a gimmick... really slow play even when the flippers actually have enough oomph to get the ball back to the top. It's as basic a ruleset as they come - many EMs are more complex. You play it once, maybe twice if it houses you a couple times and that's about it.

#965 6 days ago

I think Asheville pinball museum has one. Should go check it out. Haha

#966 6 days ago

Did I hear that someone is bringing a Class of 1812?

#967 6 days ago
Quoted from athens95:

Did I hear that someone is bringing a Class of 1812?

I assumed the one you have hasn’t moved since the day I helped you get it. That would be a great one to bring! I might not let you take it home though.

#968 5 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

Hercules really isn't worth the space or effort. It's a gimmick... really slow play even when the flippers actually have enough oomph to get the ball back to the top. It's as basic a ruleset as they come - many EMs are more complex. You play it once, maybe twice if it houses you a couple times and that's about it.

I agree with ya. But then again, it's the gimmick, the one and done, and the unusualness that would make it cool for folks (pinheads and non-pinheads) to see and say "hey, would ya look at that".

But I guess since it's huge and likely weighs a ton, who would wanna bring it. ;-P

#969 5 days ago

Sounds like Lee is volunteering. Thanks Lee!

#970 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like Lee is volunteering. Thanks Lee!

Hahahahaha... sure thing.

#971 5 days ago

Mehh! Hercules is but a chunk of corn in the crap from the all-mighty Magnificent Marble.

I actually remember this show from way freaking back. You guys need to build this Sum'Bitch in the lobby of the hotel.

There are 971 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside