(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 45.
    #901 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

I’m thinking about coming up for the whole show (next year). Maybe I’ll bring twister to show how awesome it is. Might even enter the tourney. Who knows

Hell yeah! Do all 3 of those things and you’ll have a blast. Bring the kid to play too. We plan to have a juniors tournament on Sunday next time too. So even more practice for the kiddos if they want.

#902 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

My brother sold his twister....he said he wanted a Wonka, wish he'd of ask me first.

That sucks Russ! I’ll add you to the list. In case I ever sell it.

#903 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hell yeah! Do all 3 of those things and you’ll have a blast. Bring the kid to play too. We plan to have a juniors tournament on Sunday next time too. So even more practice for the kiddos if they want.

That’s a good idea. I’ll ask my son. He does not play much. He is still pretty good.

#904 3 years ago

I plan to make it a pretty short tournament so we can try and get some more new kids to try it. A simple 3 strikes event most likely.

#905 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I plan to make it a pretty short tournament so we can try and get some more new kids to try it. A simple 3 strikes event most likely.

Bottom 2 of four get a strike?

#906 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Bottom 2 of four get a strike?

Whether it’s a 3 player or 4 player group, bottom 2 get strikes.

#907 3 years ago

Man all this talk of Pincinnati has got me geeking again! lol Chuck are you guys going to make special T-shirts for 2020 Covid cancellation???? I've got 2 of each yr thus far, one to wear and one to frame each year....we can't have a gap! I'm not the greatest player but I may try a tourney or two next yr, it's pinball playing so can't miss!

#908 3 years ago

We thought about it and decided against it. I know the shirts are super popular, but just decided to punt on everything this year.

I HIGHLY recommend playing in one of the tournaments. Lots of first timers play every year. Each one should only be 4-5 hours of your time depending on how well you do. Great way to meet lots of awesome people too!

3 weeks later
    #909 3 years ago

Well I think Ill add this show to my PTO in 2021. Everything starts on Friday correct ?

#910 3 years ago

Yep! 2pm I believe. Hard to remember. Haha

3 months later
    #911 3 years ago

Tiny update! Tickets for 2021 go on sale July 1, 2021. Let the hype begin!!

#912 3 years ago

YEAH!!! Now to decide which games to bring.

#913 3 years ago

Hey chuckwurt i know this is kinda early to ask, but have you guys started a list of volunteers bringing games? I hope to be in on all my games again this year and hope my bud wrd1972_PinDoc will be able to bring some too.

Leebo

#914 3 years ago

Hey Lee! We will have the same email group as last time.

So you’ll get an email once we start getting the list together again. Probably around the same time as tickets go on sale.

Thanks for the interest again!!

#915 3 years ago

I have taken the days off work, cant wait to play some pinball!

#916 3 years ago

Glad to hear you’re coming!

Also, if you want to bring a game this year and have not in the past, please contact me with your email address. We have an email Google group with everyone that brings games and helps out with the show. We will send out the game sign up list around July when the tickets go on sale.

Thanks!

#917 3 years ago

Man, I don’t know about everybody else, but I’m REALLY looking forward to Pincinnati 2021! With last year being cancelled, the LAX show being cancelled and all the effects of Covid over the last year, this has the potential to be a real bang up event! It’s a ton of work for the organizers and volunteers, but so worth it. Glad to be part of this.

#918 3 years ago

Yeah man. Sucked taking a year off, but I’m fully charged and ready to go!! I hope everyone else is.

#919 3 years ago

Hell frickin yeah!

#920 3 years ago

You guys gonna come up? We can be the pregame for the LAX return. Haha

#921 3 years ago

Yes sir

#923 3 years ago

No mo treborlecic?

#924 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

No mo treborlecic?

Nobody could pronounce it and it's easier to remember RC like the cola. That's how I introduce myself to new people anyway.

#925 3 years ago

Name change approved. Haha

3 weeks later
    #926 3 years ago

I'm *finally* trying to pull strings and bend physics to attend this show! (Its schedule lands on the single worst of my 52 yearly weekends in terms of colliding annual conflicts: both my kids' bdays + tgiving travel overlap = kill me most years)

So how does this work in terms of limited attendance, and people bringing games? Are there any in my collection you would want at the show (I can bring up to 2)? Is it for tourney players only? Anything else I should know in trying to plan my support?

I hope the pandemic is in a better manageable place then and we can all look forward to this with gusto!

#927 3 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

I'm *finally* trying to pull strings and bend physics to attend this show! ....

Woah that is awesome @goingincirclez, especially committing to trying to attend on your wedding anniversary! .
    Oh btw, it is your anniversary in case you forgot (and you are reading pinside haha)

#928 3 years ago

Aw snap! 19 years in... I'm as shocked as anyone I appreciate the lookout!

Thankfully I'm pretty sure she's down with it; she helped find the new pinhauler after all, and would probably join a tourney just to embarrass me on the last plunge like she always does... either way I really hope to be there. And if she gets mad after all, I'll just sleep in the pinhauler

#929 3 years ago

Aw snap! 19 years in... I'm as shocked as anyone I appreciate the lookout!
    Thankfully I'm pretty sure she's down with it; she helped find the new pinhauler after all, and would probably join a tourney just to embarrass me on the last plunge like she always does... either way I really hope to be there. And if she gets mad after all, I'll just sleep in the pinhauler

Of course she is down with it! The only person I know that has a LAX 2017 button in the background on FB haha. Anyway, I hope LouMatt and I can make it finally up this year to Pincinnati. A little too early to tell yet though for us.

#930 3 years ago

So how does this work in terms of limited attendance, and people bringing games?

We just keep a close eye on the sales to make sure the show is not overcrowded and there are lines at all the games. It’s best to get your tickets in advance to ensure you can attend. Also, tickets in advance are cheaper.

That would be awesome if you brought a couple games. We have a Google group for all those interested in volunteering and or bringing games. I’ll add you Tony using the same email as the Cincy group.

This is a show for all pinball fans. Tournament players and casuals a like. The tournament will be outside of the show this year to avoid confusion on what games are part of the show. We will not be listing the tournament games on the website either, so any games you see there will be in the free play area for everyone to play!

Also get with the hotel as soon as you know you’re going to make sure you get a room. We only get so many.

Should bring that badass time fantasy and space station. We can set you up next to all the Cincy group peeps.

#931 3 years ago

We also expect there to be no covid restrictions by then. Wishful thinking probably, but I have faith.

If there are any restrictions, we will make sure that the show is safe for everyone.

#932 3 years ago

When will tix be avail online for 2021?

#933 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

When will tix be avail online for 2021?

July 1st.

#935 3 years ago

Super excited for this!

#936 3 years ago

Sounds most excellent Erik... and Time Fantasy & Space Station, I'm honored to be asked so you got it! Just be careful what you ask for, my custom Station topper says all you need to know about that game

SSMF (resized).pngSSMF (resized).png

(I really wish OE would release that Station hardtop already - watch 'em do it like 2 weeks before the show now haha)...

But yes if you can keep me informed via the Cincy link I really appreciate it - when it comes to the Zuckerborg collective, I'm an antisocial luddite. Probably why I miss so many projects on marketplace, bah.

Really jonesing for and looking forward to this!

Quoted from pinballj:

Of course she is down with it! The only person I know that has a LAX 2017 button in the background on FB haha. Anyway, I hope LouMatt and I can make it finally up this year to Pincinnati. A little too early to tell yet though for us.

I've given her good-natured $#!^ for putting "my work" on "her background" ha ha but yeah, she's a good rep and proud so I shouldn't complain. Glad to know we're not the only Bluegrass Slackers with conflicts and yes, I hope this is the year that changes, will be great to see you guys!

#937 3 years ago

Hey Chuck, have you posted the list yet where we can sign up to bring a game?

#938 3 years ago
    Quoted from FtrMech:

Hey Chuck, have you posted the list yet where we can sign up to bring a game?

Same here. Hoping to bring some or all my games this year, life-events permitting.
    Leebo

#939 3 years ago

Not yet buddy. Probably do that close to when tickets go on sale July 1st. I’ll send an email to the group with a link.

Thanks!

#940 2 years ago

Website updated! Tickets go on sale 7/1! Get them in advance to save some bucks!

Also, the Saturday Matchplay event has been renamed to the Whodey Memorial Tournament in memory of our friend Terry Ritchie that we lost during 2020. RIP Terry!

https://pincinnati.com/tournaments.html#match

#941 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, the Saturday Matchplay event has been renamed to the Whodey Memorial Tournament in memory of our friend Terry Ritchie that we lost during 2020. RIP Terry!
    https://pincinnati.com/tournaments.html#match

That is an awesome idea! Great work! Now if only the Bengals could do the same thing and get their act together for Whodey as well!

#942 2 years ago

Awesome. So far, I am planning to bring Transformers Pro, Vegas/Hoops, and one other game... Little Joe is looking like a strong possibility.

#943 2 years ago

You know what game this event needs to draw a crowd. HERCULES!

#944 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

You know what game this event needs to draw a crowd. HERCULES!

You bringing it?

#945 2 years ago

I just sent out the Game list to all the people that are on the Pincinnati Helpers Google Group for those that want to bring games. If you did not get it and plan to bring a game, let me know and I will get you added.

thanks!

#946 2 years ago

Hate to be that guy but how do I write in
    that box. I'm a little slow on these Google doc s.
    Thx.

#947 2 years ago

I messed something up and didn’t unlock it. Try now. Should be able to double click in a cell and type.

#948 2 years ago

RecBar 812 has Hercules. They need to get it fixed and bring it or someone at the show. What a production that would be. Step right up!

#949 2 years ago

Haha. Yeah I’ve seen it brought to a show before, I don’t want to have to be the poor soul that brings it!

#950 2 years ago

I think I’ve said this before, but Pincinnati 2019 was probably the best pinball show I’ve been to in years. It reminded me of what the White Rose Gameroom Show used to be like before it got crazy big and popular.

Just marked it in my calendar. I’ll be there. Maybe I’ll even convince myself to haul a game for the 10 hour drive and support the show that way.

There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122/page/19?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.