(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg

There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 45.
    #851 4 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Unpopular opinion: skip the chili and go to Graeter's.

Go to Skyline FIRST then to Graeter's for Tea Cookies and ice cream.

#852 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jungle queen has pissed us off for the last time!![quoted image]

I'll bet she's learned her lesson now! That's hilarious!

#853 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You Cincinnati people crack me up, first you drop all those turkeys from that helicopter(WKRP), now this....

wkrp_turkeys_main (resized).jpgwkrp_turkeys_main (resized).jpg
    #854 4 years ago

Great event! Thanks to everyone for putting on such a great show.

Tear down in action:

#855 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

What a show! Just got home and it was a great weekend to say the least. I have to say the show went really well, pins were working and in good shape, all without having to wait very long. I think I only waited a couple times and it was for only a game or two despite a great crowd!

Well I, played over 15 games on Wonka today and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. I did not get the impression it was cheap though, actually I thought just the opposite that it was better built than most (leave JJP out of it) of the newer pins. IMHO this is a very fun pin and would not mind owning one in the future.
    Finally Thanks to Eric and jjsmooth for all their effort, it paid in spades guys it was truly a great time for all.

The more you play the more you’ll like it!

#856 4 years ago

Whew, what a great show! I'm a little whipped but I'm sure chuckwurt and Jjsmooth are even more so, great job boys! Thanks to Whayne, Corey and everyone else who helped out, brought games, etc. Thankfully both of my games held up fine all weekend, someone finally found the Borg lock on STTNG at some point to get rid of the credit dot, it and GOTG both need a good shop job now.

#857 4 years ago

Thanks for the hard work everyone did to make this happen. I know it has to be hard to throw a pinball show and not even get a chance to play much.
    BTW Camp Washington Chili is the best.

#858 4 years ago

Had a blast at the show thanks for putting it on guys!

#859 4 years ago

Thanks to chuckwurt and jjsmooth for putting on a fantastic show! I am exhausted. I'll be sleeping at work most the day today. Thanks to all that brought pins and helped out working the doors and helping with setup/tear down. Everyone did a great job. My vote for best pinball show! The Gauntlet was a blast to play. Next year I plan on taking Keith Elwin's Gauntlet title! Hopefully he will be there again to defend it.

#860 4 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

I played my dialed in today and the feel of wonka from the machine itself to how the ball rolls does not feel like a jersey jack pin. I’ll say it again Chinese knock off was the feeling I got from wonka.

You know your right!I just played my Wonka and it plays just like my
    Homepin Thunderbirds

#861 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

WTH? Is that a grinder?

Sorry that I missed the show Erik. Was really looking forward to it. Surgery two weeks ago put me down, which I hadn’t planned for. Looks like it was a damn good time, and some cool games there to boot.

I couldn’t have driven, but if I knew Max was coming out on a spur of the moment, I would’ve tried to tag along with him. Was a day late on seeing that post.

Either way, I’ll make it a definite and block off time for next year, and bring a game or two with me.

#862 4 years ago

No worries man!

First weekend in December next year.

And yeah on jungle queen we had a head bolt stuck in a t nut and had to cut it off.

#863 4 years ago

I will join the chorus and say it again: great show, guys! I had a blast. Thanks to everyone who donates their time and machines to the show. I know it takes a lot of prep before, during, and after the show on each and every machine. You guys and gals rock!

#864 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

First weekend in December next year

Just added it to my calendar. See you then!

#865 4 years ago

Thanks to everybody who organized this event and to the people that brought their pins. I had an absolute blast. There were so many awesome people to meet, so much pinball to play.

And the kicker is I got the beautiful Oktoberfest machine that ZMeny had for sale. It was awesome that DanDanDAN from American Pinball was there as well. Hope you made it home safely, thanks for the great time!

I can't wait for next year, this is an absolute Highlight in my calendar.

#866 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fuck Gold Star. Skyline or Dixie chili for life.

I wouldn't feed Dixie chili to the dog. That shit is nasty!

#867 4 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Seems whenever you mention the word chili in Cincinnati you are going to start a war, but we all know skyline is the best.

#868 4 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

Thanks to everybody who organized this event and to the people that brought their pins. I had an absolute blast. There were so many awesome people to meet, so much pinball to play.
    And the kicker is I got the beautiful Oktoberfest machine that ZMeny had for sale. It was awesome that DanDanDan from American Pinball was there as well. Hope you made it home safely, thanks for the great time!
    I can't wait for next year, this is an absolute Highlight in my calendar.

Congrats on Oktoberfest. That was a good buy and one of the most popular.

#869 4 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

Seems whenever you mention the word chili in Cincinnati you are going to start a war, but we all know skyline is the best.

Damn right!

#870 4 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

It’s great. And the alligator is better.

#871 4 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

I want grandma to stuff the turkey with skyline. Its magical.

#872 4 years ago

Here are all the winners from the weekend.

Strikes
    Women’s
    Matchplay A
    Matchplay B
    Gauntlet

So much great action on the tournament side of things. Check out SDTMpinball on YT for all the footage.

827C389C-5232-4063-8037-B7C9D4B05ED7 (resized).jpeg827C389C-5232-4063-8037-B7C9D4B05ED7 (resized).jpeg7CCE0FB9-04C7-427B-84C2-E1C9048F1DB8 (resized).jpeg7CCE0FB9-04C7-427B-84C2-E1C9048F1DB8 (resized).jpegF29742B5-A485-4492-B32F-949DD8218166 (resized).jpegF29742B5-A485-4492-B32F-949DD8218166 (resized).jpeg77B3AD68-557A-4EFE-AEFF-0347F93F698A (resized).jpeg77B3AD68-557A-4EFE-AEFF-0347F93F698A (resized).jpeg019C3BE3-DF42-43AE-9809-02E8A97F6989 (resized).jpeg019C3BE3-DF42-43AE-9809-02E8A97F6989 (resized).jpeg
    #873 4 years ago

May I ask? Who’s getaway was there? I have that game but this one played better than mine!! Thanks for bringing it!! Appreciate it much!! Pinball love!! ❤️

P.s. great shaking mr. elwins hand for a great JP pin!!

#874 4 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

May I ask? Who’s getaway was there? I have that game but this one played better than mine!! Thanks for bringing it!! Appreciate it much!! Pinball love!! ❤️
    P.s. great shaking mr. elwins hand for a great JP pin!!

I agree, havn't cared much for that game till I played it this weekend. One of my favs now.

#875 4 years ago

I believe that was rlbohon3 ’s game.

#876 4 years ago

fxdwg Yep, that was my Getaway. Thanks for the compliment. Glad you enjoyed it; it’s probably my favorite of the 5 games I have. As for anything special done to it other than trying to keep it clean (that game gets dirty fast for some reason), I used Marco’s poly bands everywhere, modified the ball launcher a bit, and of course the LED treatment. Spotlights here and there to brighten things up.
    -Leebo

#877 4 years ago

I also had a blast playing that Getaway. It was great! Thanks again for sharing it with us.

#878 4 years ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

fxdwg Yep, that was my Getaway. Thanks for the compliment. Glad you enjoyed it; it’s probably my favorite of the 5 games I have. As for anything special done to it other than trying to keep it clean (that game gets dirty fast for some reason), I used Marco’s poly bands everywhere, modified the ball launcher a bit, and of course the LED treatment. Spotlights here and there to brighten things up.

I'm guessing its the supercharger because of a metal ball looping around metal ramps?

#879 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I'm guessing its the supercharger because of a metal ball looping around metal ramps?

I think you’re right about the metal SC causing most of the dirt. It’s probably metal soot. My son and I set up all our games in our basement Monday night and while going over Getaway, I couldn’t believe how dirty it got since Thursday. I had just cleaned/waxed it last week before the show. I could literally see the dirt on the orange painted surfaces Monday night. Between Saturday morning and end of show Sunday, it had 360 plays (probably around 450-500 for the weekend total; forgot to check counter till Sat am). Got dirty fast! Totally worth it though. Glad to share it. Now it’s all clean again. The other games, no where near dirty.

8 months later
    #880 3 years ago

Hey Everyone,

As most have probably already feared, Pincinnati 2020 has been cancelled. Good news is we have locked in 2021's dates!

Mark your calendars for 12/3-12/5 in 2021.

Again, thanks to everyone that showed their support for this year and even bought shirts left over from last year to help us out. We will be okay and back better than ever in 2021!

#881 3 years ago

Nooooooo! I’m super bummed out now.

#882 3 years ago

Damn and only our third, sucks I was really looking forward to it but there is a bright side here it's coming back in 2021!

#883 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Damn and only our third, sucks I was really looking forward to it but there is a bright side here it's coming back in 2021!

Think about Pinbrew. Didn’t even get to do #1. That sucks. Looks like they are locked into 2021 though so that’s good.

#884 3 years ago

A smart and sensible move and I fully support it.
    Plus it gives me time to work on Queen II.

#885 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

It's ok Russ just get in your car and drive to my house and I will kick your ass all nite long in pinball just the same as I would in Pincinnati. Same goes for you too Gunnut you hillbilly scrub!

#886 3 years ago

I wonder and hope it’s clear by the time LAX rolls around again. I quite enjoyed doing these two events fairly close together last year!

#887 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

I wonder and hope it’s clear by the time LAX rolls around again. I quite enjoyed doing these two events fairly close together last year!

I'm just glad we got LAX in under the COVID wire, this year.

#888 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's ok Russ just get in your car and drive to my house and I will kick your ass all nite long in pinball just the same as I would in Pincinnati. Same goes for you too Gunnut you hillbilly scrub!

It’s on punk!

#889 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Looks like we got one for the wood shed Gunnut40.

4 weeks later
    #890 3 years ago

Anticipated, but still sad Erik. I’ll make plans to be out for 2021. I’ll just crash at Who-Dey’s so I can whoop on whoever attends the after party.

Quoted from TopMoose:

A smart and sensible move and I fully support it.
    Plus it gives me time to work on Queen II.

Sounds awesome. I’ll have my Halloween pin done by then too, so perhaps I’ll lug it out.

#891 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Anticipated, but still sad Erik. I’ll make plans to be out for 2021. I’ll just crash at Who-Dey’s so I can whoop on whoever attends the after party.

Sounds awesome. I’ll have my Halloween pin done by then too, so perhaps I’ll lug it out.

Hell yeah man! Would love to have ya. It’s a great time. Glad we are late 2021 too and not early. I have a feeling things are still gonna be weird Q1 2021.

#892 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

You are welcome to stay at my place anytime Colsond for real. I am about 40 minutes north of Pincinnati. I will also be retired soon so my work will not be constantly screwing my life up much longer at all and believe me that is a great thing! I have 7 games and a Super Chexx though so come on down!

Pincinnati is a great pinball show!

#893 3 years ago

Terry you need to stay the whole weekend in 2021. No excuses, play like a champion!

#894 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Since you are coming this way, we can meet up and checkout the Pinball Garage too in Hamilton. Just west of there, I hear there is a super rare Rocket III with red flipper buttons.

#895 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Terry you need to stay the whole weekend in 2021. No excuses, play like a champion!

I do think I will probably get a room for sure. I dont know about playing like a champion though. I will probably play more like Gunnut40 does.

#896 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are welcome to stay at my place anytime Colsond for real. I am about 40 minutes north of Pincinnati.

Appreciate that dude. Likewise if you’re ever in my area.

Quoted from Ballypin:

Since you are coming this way, we can meet up and checkout the Pinball Garage too in Hamilton. Just west of there, I hear there is a super rare Rocket III with red flipper buttons.

I’ll certainly check that out if you wanna take a ride. You bastard! I’ll happily take that game back... then I’ll put white buttons back in it.

1 month later
    #897 3 years ago

I’m thinking about coming up for the whole show (next year). Maybe I’ll bring twister to show how awesome it is. Might even enter the tourney. Who knows

#898 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Might even enter the tourney. Who knows

Dude please stop your drunk posting! That's the funniest shit I've ever heard.

#899 3 years ago

My brother sold his twister....he said he wanted a Wonka, wish he'd of ask me first.

#900 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude please stop your drunk posting! That's the funniest shit I've ever heard.

Ha ha! It’s a good way to keep me somewhat sober. Well till the first round knock out. Hey I’ll stop drunk posting one day. I know how pinside loves it! I’m a pinside pleaser. QQ

There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.