(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 45.
    #801 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Having a great time here! Lots of really great people to talk with, and the games are all well maintained and play really well. Coming from shows like Allentown's Pinfest, it's nice to not have to wait around in a line to play an Indiana Jones or ToTAN. Also, beer and wine served in the evening? This should be mandatory in all shows moving forward!
    Thanks for welcoming me this year, gentlemen! I hope to swing around next year. The 10 hour drive has been more than worth it. Now... Off to get that 5-way Skyline Chili combo I've been hearing so much about!
    -Max

Thanks max! Needless to say we aren’t happy with their liquor and food service. We will get that fixed hopefully.

#802 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks max! Needless to say we aren’t happy with their liquor and food service. We will get that fixed hopefully.

O no! What’s the issue? Heading down in a bit.

#803 4 years ago
    Quoted from estrader:

Just got home a little bit ago. Great show with some great games. weirpinball with some amazing restoration work on f14 and black knight. zmeny with a bunch of new games (at least 10 it felt like) Sorry I didn’t introduce myself but you were busy working deals with some new buyers.
    Joust pinball was my 6 year olds favorite then black knight premium. Both games Phoebe and her husband brought so thank you for letting us enjoy them.
    Biggest disappointment Willy wonka LE. Can’t believe that’s a jersey jack game. Just feels so cheap. At least I know I have to try their games before I buy them now. I’d be super pissed if I had spent that kind of coin on it. It feels like a cheap Chinese knock off of jersey jack game.
    Might try to get back down tomorrow...I appreciate all the hard work to make this happen chuckwurt and jjsmooth.

Yep, played Wonka at the nashville show, complete dud.

#804 4 years ago

Hotel restaurant/bar open at 5:00.
    Mobile bar open earlier in show area.
    Or just BYOB.

#805 4 years ago

Saturday matchplay tourn. 72 entries.

15745458135611027820350 (resized).jpg15745458135611027820350 (resized).jpg
    #806 4 years ago

Wow that's crazy how you can call Wonka a dud and cheap feeling!I'll admit the factory divertor
    cover is Stern like,but the rest of game toys lighting flow and sound is top notch.The light show
    and use of shaker motor should win Twippy's awards for this area for sure.The game is better the
    more you play,very addictive!

#807 4 years ago

I didn’t like Wonka either and was excited to play it. Not horrible by any means but just meh. No much of a line for it either at the time

#808 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Saturday matchplay tourn. 72 entries.[quoted image]

Cough cough. 76

#809 4 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I didn’t like Wonka either and was excited to play it. Not horrible by any means but just meh. No much of a line for it either at the time

Hard to pinpoint but it's just missing something. The one in nashville barely got played.

#810 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Hard to pinpoint but it's just missing something. The one in nashville barely got played.

I think Wonka is one of those machines you need to play at home or with headphones on to get the full immersion. and you definitely need to know the ruleset or know what you are doing. (typical of JJP games)

also, BYOB is the bomb dot com.

This is one helluva show. thanks to chuckwurt and crew for another fantastic year. Already looking forward to #3!
    drink (resized).jpgdrink (resized).jpg

#811 4 years ago

Drove up from Louisville today. Great show. Well done. Kudos to everyone involved.

#812 4 years ago

Post some pics of the room/ games. I had to ditch at the last minute but ended up in Columbus at Pins Mechanical so at least got to play a few games.

#813 4 years ago

A little more of a crowd today but still very good for play. I played Wonka and I'm going to reserve how I feel until after tomorrow when I have more games under my belt.

Played the JP and it was awesome!!

I still really like the Alice Cooper pin but it seems like it had a lot of issues with the opto switches recognizing the ball.

#814 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Wow that's crazy how you can call Wonka a dud and cheap feeling!I'll admit the factory divertor
    cover is Stern like,but the rest of game toys lighting flow and sound is top notch.The light show
    and use of shaker motor should win Twippy's awards for this area for sure.The game is better the

I played my dialed in today and the feel of wonka from the machine itself to how the ball rolls does not feel like a jersey jack pin. I’ll say it again Chinese knock off was the feeling I got from wonka.

#815 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Post some pics of the room/ games.

Just a few pics I took. It’s been a great time so far. Back tomorrow for more.

630148B1-D402-4A89-989C-9321DBDE8481 (resized).jpeg630148B1-D402-4A89-989C-9321DBDE8481 (resized).jpeg90435515-045F-4001-B511-5C7C3F582B75 (resized).jpeg90435515-045F-4001-B511-5C7C3F582B75 (resized).jpeg925DE5D8-F2F0-480D-BB5F-2DA685DFDD2F (resized).jpeg925DE5D8-F2F0-480D-BB5F-2DA685DFDD2F (resized).jpeg
    #816 4 years ago

Great event!!! Friday night there was a NIB Jurassic Park Premium for sale. Does anyone know if it is still there?

#817 4 years ago
    Quoted from bpeed99:

Great event!!! Friday night there was a NIB Jurassic Park Premium for sale. Does anyone know if it is still there?

Still for sale come get it and an Elvira Premium NIB

#818 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Having a great time here! Lots of really great people to talk with, and the games are all well maintained and play really well. Coming from shows like Allentown's Pinfest, it's nice to not have to wait around in a line to play an Indiana Jones or ToTAN. Also, beer and wine served in the evening? This should be mandatory in all shows moving forward!
    Thanks for welcoming me this year, gentlemen! I hope to swing around next year. The 10 hour drive has been more than worth it. Now... Off to get that 5-way Skyline Chili combo I've been hearing so much about!
    -Max

Since you're not local, also try Gold Star for 5-ways and dogs. Skyline is great and they have locations outside of the Cincinnati area. Gold Star is only in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area. I think their chili tastes a bit better. Nothing wrong with Skyline, so enjoy.

#819 4 years ago

MISS YOU GIRLS
    HAVE FUN I KNOW YOU WILL

#820 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

MISS YOU GIRLS
    HAVE FUN I KNOW YOU WILL

Where are you buddy? I thought I heard your boom box earlier but apparently not. ☹️

#821 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I still really like the Alice Cooper pin but it seems like it had a lot of issues with the opto switches recognizing the ball.

This is a first I’ve heard of the optos , please let me know which ones. PM is fine if you prefer. I have had several instances of a ball ending up in the back box during Frankenstein rising but can’t repeat it manually when I try with glass off. It is a fun game!!

#822 4 years ago

I loved it! Met a few people who I assume are on here. Is the person who owns the Funhouse on here? Beautiful machine and had a blast playing it!

#823 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Dude you should totally hit the pool with 20 screaming children! who-dey better get his down quick so my wife can take this nightmare over!

Holy sh*t you ain't kidding about the screaming kids in the pool lol. They were LOUD! The show is awesome just like it was last year, thanks to everyone involved that helped make it happen. I got to hang out with my awesome buddy Gunnut40 from Kentucky, my other great friends that live near me, and i got to meet RWH who is a great Bengals fan and a super cool guy, cant wait to have him over to the house for some pinball soon. It was a great day that i hated to see end and im already looking forward to next year!

The only thing missing was Greg Bone who i was hoping to see. You better have your ass there next year Greg. You’re only 1.5 hours away from Cincinnati so no excuses next year buddy!

#824 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

This is a first I’ve heard of the optos , please let me know which ones. PM is fine if you prefer. I have had several instances of a ball ending up in the back box during Frankenstein rising but can’t repeat it manually when I try with glass off. It is a fun game!!

It is a great game! I played at least 20 games on it over the last 2 days and plan to get one for my own eventually.

@ Who-Dey Great meeting you at the show and I look forward to coming up your way.

#825 4 years ago

We still have Wonka LE, Elvira Premium, Star Wars Comic Prem, NIB Jurassic Park Prem, and NIB Elvira Premium available. Come get them today. Save money, no shipping, and have them in your gameroom by tonight!

Zach
    Flip N Out Pinball

#826 4 years ago

Awesome show guys! Great job!

#827 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Ooh and maybe Pinstadium will win again for best mod

#828 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

I loved it! Met a few people who I assume are on here. Is the person who owns the Funhouse on here? Beautiful machine and had a blast playing it!

Yep that is my FH. Really glad you enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, it has given me problems this show. There are two damaged gears on Rudy's jaw that cause it to stick closed intermittently. And the left flipper is occasionally sticking in the up position. And it keeps blowing flasher fuses too. Its usually the ball sticks I have to deal with. But when its working, it gives a very good and rewarding game.

Also want to thank Eric, Jerry and the many others who have put on this very successful show. Great job guys.

#829 4 years ago

In case anyone missed Sean's double Lazarus late last night:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SecretiveTangibleFlyHumbleLife

#830 4 years ago

First pinball show. Wife and I had a fantastic time. Everything was very well put together and people seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves. Got to meet Zach Meny and realllllly wish I took advantage of his show special on Jurassic Park, someone got a hell of a deal.

Also I regret not meeting Erik but he seemed very tied up with things. Thankful for all who took time to organize this.

#831 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Ooh and maybe Pinstadium will win again for best mod

Don’t see the correlation from Wonka light show to Pinstadium mod lighting?

#832 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Since you're not local, also try Gold Star for 5-ways and dogs. Skyline is great and they have locations outside of the Cincinnati area. Gold Star is only in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area. I think their chili tastes a bit better. Nothing wrong with Skyline, so enjoy.

Look at you trying to state an opinion without starting a chili war...

#833 4 years ago

Fuck Gold Star. Skyline or Dixie chili for life.

#834 4 years ago

Thanks Jerry and Eric for putting this all together, my son and I had a great time, it was hard to get him away from Joust!

20191124_114620 (resized).jpg20191124_114620 (resized).jpg20191124_122038 (resized).jpg20191124_122038 (resized).jpg
    #835 4 years ago

And a big shout out to Comment23, thanks for hooking up a fellow pinsider!

#836 4 years ago
    Quoted from ODENONMYSIDE513:

And a big shout out to Comment23, thanks for hooking up a fellow pinsider!

All good brother. Nice meeting you!

#837 4 years ago

Had a blast here! Put up some high scores and played some tables I never played before. Thanks to the organizers!

IMG_20191124_151334 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_151334 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_151340 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_151340 (resized).jpg
    #838 4 years ago

What a show! Just got home and it was a great weekend to say the least. I have to say the show went really well, pins were working and in good shape, all without having to wait very long. I think I only waited a couple times and it was for only a game or two despite a great crowd!

Quoted from RWH:

I played Wonka and I'm going to reserve how I feel until after tomorrow when I have more games under my belt.

Well I, played over 15 games on Wonka today and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. I did not get the impression it was cheap though, actually I thought just the opposite that it was better built than most (leave JJP out of it) of the newer pins. IMHO this is a very fun pin and would not mind owning one in the future.

Finally Thanks to Eric and jjsmooth for all their effort, it paid in spades guys it was truly a great time for all.

#839 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who brought machines, it was an awesome time and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again next year (or sooner )

#840 4 years ago

Let me add to the chorus of praise to Erik and all the other volunteers. I brought a couple of games from Columbus. Everyone was very helpful, friendly and appreciate. I played so many games for the first time. The variety of games from EM's to the latest releases was astounding. There were many games there that weren't on the official website list, this was yet another pleasant surprise. I played so much that I forgot to take more than one photo. Looking forward to next year!

001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG
    #841 4 years ago

Only snapped a couple was so busy playing...

5E6B993E-03CD-4204-A9B4-FA93B99CB861 (resized).jpeg5E6B993E-03CD-4204-A9B4-FA93B99CB861 (resized).jpegF1F11B33-26DE-4024-907A-AD3D1D73699B (resized).jpegF1F11B33-26DE-4024-907A-AD3D1D73699B (resized).jpeg
    #842 4 years ago

Other than wanting to use a hydraulic press on the bell on that Fire machine, this was once again a wonderful show. Thanks to all who volunteered their time and machines to put it on. And thanks for having it the weekend *before* Thanksgiving!

...and finally a correction: Blue Ash Chili > Dixie Chili

#843 4 years ago
    Quoted from IcePagoda:

...and finally a correction: Blue Ash Chili > Dixie Chili

Unpopular opinion: skip the chili and go to Graeter's.

#844 4 years ago

...and then it all was over.

20191124_183735 (resized).jpg20191124_183735 (resized).jpg
    #845 4 years ago

I swear I’m never going to believe how quick we break down. No matter how many years we do this. Truly a feat.

#846 4 years ago

Jungle queen has pissed us off for the last time!!

0ACA0F76-212C-44F7-9D71-F4837A940F77 (resized).jpeg0ACA0F76-212C-44F7-9D71-F4837A940F77 (resized).jpeg
    #847 4 years ago

WOW
    Great show guys
    It was an actual pleasure and honor to be there!
    I would have never thought this was only your second show, everything was handled perfectly and professionally.
    Awesome set up, awesome execution, awesome atmosphere, I was truly and totally impressed.
    American Pinball will be coming every year as long as I have any say.

Heart felt thanks to everyone involved

#848 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jungle queen has pissed us off for the last time!![quoted image]

OFF WITH HER HEAD

#849 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fuck Gold Star. Skyline or Dixie chili for life.

Meh, I've ate at the Dixie Chili in Erlanger. Not bad, but I like Gold Star and Skyline over Dixie. To each their own.

#850 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jungle queen has pissed us off for the last time!![quoted image]

Good job supervising Whayne!

There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122/page/17?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.