(Topic ID: 211294)

Pincinnati!! The Greater Cincinnati Pinball Show (12/6/2024-12/8/2024)

By chuckwurt

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0622 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0152 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20231202_144646_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174128519 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231202_174136577 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9021 (resized).jpeg
    20231203_095721 (1) (resized).jpg
    20231201_190615 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190603 (resized).jpg
    20231201_190559 (resized).jpg
    20231201_184710 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174647 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174645 (resized).jpg
    20231201_174636 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160927 (resized).jpg
    20231201_160835 (resized).jpg
    There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 45.
    #701 4 years ago

I think 20-30 bucks each. Don’t quote me on that.

I like to have a stern box handy with a fold in it. Then you can put the glass in it like a burrito.

#702 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

What is it generally, per sheet? And if your driving a small pickup, what would be the best way to get a few sheets home safe? Never transported pin glass outside of the pin.

Another option is to wrap it up in plastic and put it in a moving blanket.

#703 4 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

Another option is to wrap it up in plastic and put it in a moving blanket.

Well I have both of those things handy. Cool. Thanks.

#704 4 years ago

I’ll at least need 4 sheets myself - any idea what day he will be arriving?

#705 4 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I don't want to speak for Eric or Beau, but I imagine it will be available Friday.

#706 4 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Thursday or Friday morning.

#707 4 years ago

We had some spots open up to bring games if anyone wants to bring more or know of someone wanting to bring games, let us know! Plenty of help here to help load in and load out.

#708 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

We had some spots open up to bring games if anyone wants to bring more or know of someone wanting to bring games, let us know! Plenty of help here to help load in and load out.

If I can find a ride back to Indiana for the Royal Rumble I'm buying on Sunday I will bring my freshly, semi-restored Frontier for the rest of the time. I can only fit one in my vehicle.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #709 4 years ago

That would be badass dude! But certainly understand if you can’t swing it.

#710 4 years ago

I would like to bring more but just don't have an easy way to transport more than a few in my SUV.

#711 4 years ago

No worries. We should be good. And we have a truck with a lift gate that people can grab and make another run if they want. But it will be unavailable until about 2pm Thursday.

#712 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Signal Jr for me!

Liked it so much I bought my own!

#713 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

GOALS: acquire a 1000 watt Wurlitzer jukebox to bring next year. For the lobby.

Darn I just sold mine

#714 4 years ago

Would love to have some folks generous enough to bring some jukeboxes to put around the show. So hard to move though.

#715 4 years ago

As one who prefers listening to the game I'm playing, let me say I will shed no tears for lack of jukeboxes. Or live bands or anything else noisy that isn't a pinball machine (Gryszzz excluded, of course)

#716 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

As one who prefers listening to the game I'm playing, let me say I will shed no tears for lack of jukeboxes. Or live bands or anything else noisy that isn't a pinball machine (Gryszzz excluded, of course)

That’s why jukeboxes are good. You only hear them when you’re right around them.

#717 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s why jukeboxes are good. Thanks NKY year them when you’re right around them.

I'm preserving this autocorrect butchering Yea they're not too loud when you move away from them... much preferred over live bands

#718 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

What is it generally, per sheet? And if your driving a small pickup, what would be the best way to get a few sheets home safe? Never transported pin glass outside of the pin.

Pretty cheap.

#719 4 years ago

One more week....YEAH!

IMG_20191114_203748162 (resized).jpgIMG_20191114_203748162 (resized).jpg
    #720 4 years ago

So creepy. I hate that guy.

#721 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I could bring this game if there was interest, it's a hybrid Firepower project with a animated backglass, a DMD like display under the glass and a few other features. See below...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ll-be-at-trent-augenstein-s-summer-pinball-thing#post-5168013

#722 4 years ago
    Quoted from dpannell:

I could bring this game if there was interest, it's a hybrid Firepower project with a animated backglass, a DMD like display under the glass and a few other features. See below...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ll-be-at-trent-augenstein-s-summer-pinball-thing#post-5168013

Oh... that would be really cool to see! I'll have my Firepower there.

#723 4 years ago
    Quoted from dpannell:

Yes you reaches out before when I thought we were full. Bring it!!

#724 4 years ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

Oh... that would be really cool to see! I'll have my Firepower there.

So will I! Firepower party!

#725 4 years ago

Yes, Firepower Party indeed!
    So I'm browsing through pics on my phone from last year, reminiscing of soooo many awesome games that were there. And... it's great to see some of my favorites from the last show are on the list for this year. Sorcerer, Dr. Who, Indiana Jones, Spirit, Fathom, Safe Cracker, World Cup Soccer, just to name a few. And there are several on the list I've never seen or played before. Can't wait!

#726 4 years ago
    Quoted from dpannell:

Bring it, that thing is so cool to see. I was hoping you were going to make it to the show.

#727 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I'm preserving this autocorrect butchering Yea they're not too loud when you move away from them... much preferred over live bands

Yes, live bands stink and don't go with pinball. It's what I don't like about arcade expo. It only jacks up the price of admission.

#728 4 years ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

Yes, Firepower Party indeed!
    So I'm browsing through pics on my phone from last year, reminiscing of soooo many awesome games that were there. And... it's great to see some of my favorites from the last show are on the list for this year. Sorcerer, Dr. Who, Indiana Jones, Spirit, Fathom, Safe Cracker, World Cup Soccer, just to name a few. And there are several on the list I've never seen or played before. Can't wait!

Unfortunately spirit won’t be back this year. Mark decided to switch it up. I’m sure it will be back another year. I think I got the list updated.

#729 4 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

Bring it, that thing is so cool to see. I was hoping you were going to make it to the show.

I'm excited that I can come although I can only stay until ~7pm Saturday. Also, for anyone who still needs a hotel room, I was able to call the hotel and get the $94 rate by mentioning the show. The link from the website no longer works as of 10-31.

#730 4 years ago

Good to know. Glad they are making exceptions for late additions. Make sure when you call you get the front desk at the hotel. They know what’s going on. Not the booking number that is offsite.

#731 4 years ago

1WK to go, can you feel the power!

#732 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

1WK to go, can you feel the power!

I’m bringing a nice, super brutal sorcerer to the show. Anyone that beats the high score I’ll have an award for you.

#733 4 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball Pincinnati SHOW SPECIALS

Buyers must confirm with Flip N Out Pinball by November 18th by noon.

Contact Flip N Out Pinball for pricing and availability. Limited supplies.

[email protected]

Availability
    - Stern Jurassic Park Pro
    - Stern Jurassic Park Premium
    - Stern Star Wars Comic Pro
    - Stern Star Wars Comic Premium
    - Stern Star Wars: The Pin
    - Stern Beatles Gold
    - Stern Beatles Platinum
    - Stern Deadpool Premium
    - Stern Black Knight Pro
    - Stern Black Knight Premium
    - Stern Munsters Pro
    - Stern Munsters Premium
    - Stern Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    - Stern Star Trek Vault Premium
    - Stern Metallica Limited Edition (preowned)
    - Stern Metallica Premium (preowned)
    - CGC Attack From Mars Special Edition
    - CGC Monster Bash Special Edition
    - JJP Willy Wonka Limited Edition
    - JJP Willy Wonka Standard Edition
    - American Pinball Oktoberfest
    - American Pinball Houdini

IMG_3428 (resized).pngIMG_3428 (resized).png
    #734 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m bringing a nice, super brutal sorcerer to the show. Anyone that beats the high score I’ll have an award for you.

Ha Ha, good luck mortal!

#735 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Flip N Out Pinball Pincinnati SHOW SPECIALS
    Buyers must confirm with Flip N Out Pinball by November 18th by noon.
    Contact Flip N Out Pinball for pricing and availability. Limited supplies.
    [email protected]
    Availability
    - Stern Jurassic Park Pro
    - Stern Jurassic Park Premium
    - Stern Star Wars Comic Pro
    - Stern Star Wars Comic Premium
    - Stern Star Wars: The Pin
    - Stern Beatles Gold
    - Stern Beatles Platinum
    - Stern Deadpool Premium
    - Stern Black Knight Pro
    - Stern Black Knight Premium
    - Stern Munsters Pro
    - Stern Munsters Premium
    - Stern Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    - Stern Star Trek Vault Premium
    - Stern Metallica Limited Edition (preowned)
    - Stern Metallica Premium (preowned)
    - CGC Attack From Mars Special Edition
    - CGC Monster Bash Special Edition
    - JJP Willy Wonka Limited Edition
    - JJP Willy Wonka Standard Edition
    - American Pinball Oktoberfest
    - American Pinball Houdini[quoted image]

Elvira premium added!

#736 4 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Yes, live bands stink and don't go with pinball. It's what I don't like about arcade expo. It only jacks up the price of admission.

We're sorry there are some that don't like the live bands we've had at LAX over the years. I agree that sometimes they can get too loud. We've been working to control the volume last year and will be continuing to do so this year.

I'm not sure how having a band jacks up the price of admission though.

#737 4 years ago

I like listening to live bands a lot, and I love pinball. Problem is I typically want to hear one or the other at a give time. Yep, definitely a tough predicament. Don’t get rid of the bands at shows, but somehow separate the band sounds from interfering with game play. I guess the venue could play a lot into how to handle this.

#738 4 years ago

Hey, Chuckwurt, just wondering how many days til show...

IMG_20191115_183605006 (resized).jpgIMG_20191115_183605006 (resized).jpg
    #739 4 years ago
    38B68337-7EDC-4267-8BA8-D6A6CC0BEF5B.gif38B68337-7EDC-4267-8BA8-D6A6CC0BEF5B.gif
    #740 4 years ago

^^^this is what I'm going to look like when I drink to much and my wife is going to punch me in the nuts.

#741 4 years ago

I will bringing my tools with me to the show, so anyone having problems with a game just come find me.

Scott

#742 4 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I will bringing my tools with me to the show, so anyone having problems with a game just come find me.
    Scott

Thanks Scott!!

#743 4 years ago

Working 10 - 12 hours a day trying to get this done

IMG_2699 (resized).JPGIMG_2699 (resized).JPGIMG_2700 (resized).JPGIMG_2700 (resized).JPG
    #744 4 years ago

Ten down, 2 to go.

6EDFA36A-6644-4664-B0D8-DE63B853A7D6 (resized).jpeg6EDFA36A-6644-4664-B0D8-DE63B853A7D6 (resized).jpeg7B5A92DB-EB44-4F0B-A540-00BB3E27A544 (resized).jpeg7B5A92DB-EB44-4F0B-A540-00BB3E27A544 (resized).jpeg
    #745 4 years ago

Thanks for bringing tools Scott.

#746 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

We're sorry there are some that don't like the live bands we've had at LAX over the years. I agree that sometimes they can get too loud. We've been working to control the volume last year and will be continuing to do so this year.
    I'm not sure how having a band jacks up the price of admission though.

Yeah if the bands are in a seperate room its not a problem. I just noticed the admission is going up every year and the only thing being added are bands which cost money.

#747 4 years ago

They have live bands at pinball shows? Makes sense to me. Excuse me while I put ketchup and mustard on my salad.

#748 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

They have live bands at pinball shows? Makes sense to me. Excuse me while I put ketchup and mustard on my salad.

I don't know if I would call LAX a "pinball show"? It has pinball as well as arcade, PC and home console games. It's a bit more diverse in it's offerings with that and it's cosplay competition. Most of the bands are usually chip tunes or nerd culture oriented. The variety in the show is nice. It's good fun and one of my favorite shows for that reason.

#749 4 years ago

Yeah tons going on at LAX. I remember in the past they had the band in a separate room.

#750 4 years ago

Somebody come get these games!

DD880A4E-D815-4CD0-9627-8A7F8FC8F6C1 (resized).jpegDD880A4E-D815-4CD0-9627-8A7F8FC8F6C1 (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincinnati-the-greater-cincinnati-pinball-show-1130-122/page/15?hl=odenonmyside513 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.