(Topic ID: 234937)

Pinch Hitter Deluxe ... Which is the correct bat?

By kgodwin333

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0836 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0839 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0781 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0833 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0834 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0835 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from kgodwin333:

Hi
    I'm finishing up my Pinch Hitter and I suspect I may not have the correct bat.
    Mine is plastic but I saw a couple of other machines that had a metal bat.
    Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately you not only have the newer bat but for it to be on the game you have also a newer or modified batting assembly. You need a C 5161-1 batting unit with the metal bat.

Attached is tables of all Williams batting games parts and numbers that will help all batting game restorers on what parts you need for each game. Look at the tables as all of the info you will ever need is there. It is quite common to have swapped batting units & pitching units etc on different games.

Here is the tables link. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-baseball-game-motor-coils-and-bat-assembly-information#post-4333051

I update this list every year with what I find out about the games, the tables are probably now complete and info is mostly verified.

Also I prepared a tutorial on how to modify the older metal batting unit to a plastic bat, that requires you to drill out the bat spindle unit hole slightly so it all works. This is the opposite of what you need to do if you found the bat, sounds like sacrilege now with your challenge.

Here is that link. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-your-1957-c-5161-batter-unit-assembly-with-a-slugfest-bat#post-3888923

So you need to swap with someone with a newer game but with an older batting unit and metal bat.

I wish you good luck and it is a time issue not an impossible issue.

#16 5 years ago

Duplicate.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

I had a restored one and sold it, had a metal one with black rubber sleeve
    I have about 7 nice pitch n bats I’m going to put up for sale, Short stop, 57 deluxe , etc
    Just putting it out there

Your games are superb examples.

I recommend any one that wants a pitch and bat to contact whitey, you may not get an opportunity for some time to get these rarer games.

#19 5 years ago

There is a bat without the rubber being bid on on eBay. $5 the last I saw.

1 week later
    #21 5 years ago

Don’t know if there is legible print on the bat unit label that will tell you what game it came from.

I like others don’t like the 3/4” small balls and use the larger 7/8” larger ones anyhow with the plastic bat. I have not
    broke one in ages. The right bat will turn up eventually and someone will want to swap.

Good luck.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinch-hitter-deluxe-which-is-the-correct-bat?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.