Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rawbars
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Blue Leg Light-Ups on  Stern Star Trek (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170327_125411 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RoyF.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

You'll see below that the cabinet has some damage to it. Not sure if the metal protectors were always on, but if so, isn't it supposed to protect from this?

These metal protectors didn't exist until a couple of years ago or so, definitely long after TZ was manufactured. So there is no way the metal protectors were "always on" a TZ machine.

1 week later
    #11 7 years ago

I've never seen those leg light-up mods before - thanks for sharing. Not sure why one of your images got an "unsafe" tag though as nothing in that image looks unsafe to me. Also, the carpet in that first picture looks wild!

With the original question in the thread, I was wondering if applying the metal version of the Stern leg protectors without screwing them to the cabinet would provide the same cabinet protection as when the protector is screwed directly to the cabinet. When mounted only with the leg bolts then the leg bolts provide all the attachment points. Could there be more movement of the leg/protector combination this way than there would be when the protector is screwed to the cabinet?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RoyF.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pincab-protectors-can-i-use-them?tu=RoyF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.