(Topic ID: 77001)

Pinburgh vs. Texas Pinball Festival - Decision time...

By zsciaeount

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bkerins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tpforbust.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaxxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from zsciaeount:

Pinburgh and the TPF are the same weekend. I've never been to either, but I think it's time to step up to a national tournament.
    Which one would be better for a decent, but not stellar player like myself?
    Where is everyone going?

Honestly, I would go to TPF than Pinburgh -- and then come to the PAPA World Championships in August.

1. Pinburgh is one of the best tournaments in the world and it's social aspect is really fun, but it has a defined schedule that you'll be following. The WC really doesn't, besides the start and end times of various tournaments. You can play at your own pace, enjoy the practice banks for as long as you wish, go get dinner, go back the hotel to nap, etc.

2. Way more games are used for Pinburgh, so at PAPA WC you would have many more games to play when you are not playing competitively

3. Pinburgh is full

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I think this year is the exception, rather than the rule. Conflicts happen occasionally, but in the end, both events will be successes, and I have no doubt everyone involved is interested in avoiding the overlap in the future.
    I personally would like to attend TPF at some point, so there's even personal incentive to make the schedule work. In the end, it's all about having fun, so no matter where you end up, keep that in mind.

Not to mention that March-April seems to be pretty packed with shows and tournaments now.

What a problem to have.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaxxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-vs-texas-pinball-festival-decision-time?tu=zaxxis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.