(Topic ID: 77001)

Pinburgh vs. Texas Pinball Festival - Decision time...

By zsciaeount

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bkerins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tpforbust.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I think this year is the exception, rather than the rule. Conflicts happen occasionally, but in the end, both events will be successes, and I have no doubt everyone involved is interested in avoiding the overlap in the future.

Just being honest here, with more and more shows and the locations for them being tougher and tougher to reserve, I think that it's pretty regular that shows will overlap. The MGC conflicted with Texas for like four years and then Ohio for like four years before that, through nothing other than those were the dates that the shows had. This year, the MGC was *supposed* to conflict with both of these shows again, but thanks to some lucky maneuvering, we were able to move the MGC.

Quite frankly, that sort of move chance has NEVER happened to us before. We currently have dates until 2017. And when a show organizer walks in and they tell them, "Hey, you can have these dates for next year, but that's all that we have with the full space," generally that organizer doesn't go, "Well, shoot, that intercepts with a show 1000 miles away, guess we'll cancel."

From what I understand, both shows are great. If you're ONLY going for the tournament and spots are still available, I'd tell someone who was talking to me to pick Pinburgh over the MGC (the show I run) even if you were in my backyard. If you want anything else out of your show, I'd probably suggest Texas.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

But, you of course know you're on the same dates as RMPS this year.

AND Zapcon, I think it is, so now we intercept more shows than ever before!

Having said that, again, it's just basically impossible. The dates we moved to were basically the only dates that we could, and the chance to move backwards by two weeks into a time frame where there is warmer weather since we're going to be paying to heat a MASSIVE structure, well, it made sense. Even if I had known that the other show's dates were on those same days, I don't think that I could have made any different choices, except to not hold the show, which really wasn't an option.

And so again, it would be awesome to be able to not intercept anyone, but it's an unfortunate reality dealing with the size that these shows are, the convention space available, and the number of weekends in a year that work for hosting such an event. I'd love to run on a weekend where no one else is running, but it all comes down to sheer luck.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-vs-texas-pinball-festival-decision-time?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.