(Topic ID: 77001)

Pinburgh vs. Texas Pinball Festival - Decision time...

By zsciaeount

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bkerins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tpforbust.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ed_in_texas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

No doubt Pinburgh is a great event. I believe 400 players is the cutoff? If you are number 401 and up, you can come to Texas and get your family of 4 in for less than what 1 entry cost at Pinburgh.
    If you are a hardcore tournament player and and that's all you're into, Pinburgh is where you want to be. If you want a pinball show with hundreds of games to play, special guests such as Steve Ritchie, Roger Sharpe, John Borg, Dirty Donny (and more to be announced), parts suppliers & vendors from all over the USA, a chance to win a new Star Trek Pro benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project, a first look at PPS's MMR, collectors from all over sharing the best of their collection with you, the largest pinball only auction in history, a swap meet on Saturday morning, you can stay at at the event at the beautiful Embassy Suites hotel (it's so nice to be able to walk from the event up to your room and back down to the event), lots of shopping and restaurants surrounding the event, and of course TPF has tournaments.
    TPF and Pinburgh dates overlapping was not intentional. We've explained it in other threads. It's a BIG country with a lot of states between the two events. I have no doubt both wil have successful weekends.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

If they weren't scheduled simultaneously, we wouldn't have to choose!

Ok, seriously, of the 400 players going to Pinburgh, 350 have probably never been and most likely had no intention of coming to TPF anyway. I could easily compare the past TPF guests list against the Pinburgh players list to show this. About 30 Pinburgh players may or may not have come to TPF. Only about 20 had to make a serious choice. We know who the top tourney players are that come to TPF. I would venture to say less than 15 are skipping TPF this year to go to Pinburgh. It's ok. I believe Pinburgh has sold all of their 400 spots? Which is great! So what should the other 20,000 pinball enthusiasts do that weekend? Except for the 20 of so players that had to choose, TPF and Pinburgh being on the same date do not affect each other at all. We love having the top tourney players at TPF, but honestly for every well known player that doesn't come to TPF, 10 lesser known players step up if they feel they have a better shot. TPF and MGC overlapped a couple times and both shows did great. This year, MGC and Rocky Mtn Show overlap and I'm sure both will do great. The main thing is there are so many pinball events today and not enough weekends in a year. I believe Pinburgh owns their location and machines? I would think it would have been a lot easier (but not necessary) for Pinburgh to change their date. TPF and other shows are at the mercy of trying to find a venue that works for them and an available date.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

Will there be 400+ pinball machines at TPF.? just checking

That's the goal. 400+ pinball/classic arcade games (with the majority being pins). In the end, the number of games at the show depend on the collectors and vendors that bring them. I think we will hit our goal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ed_in_texas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-vs-texas-pinball-festival-decision-time?tu=ed_in_texas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.