Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6594 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Hey guys,

I just wanted to comment on the live stream happening at the moment (as I write & post this). If you wanna watch it, you can currently find it on the PAPA YouTube channel.

In my opinion, and please give your opinions too, but I feel like PAPA have really upped their streaming game! The telestrator is probably my absolute favourite thing that has been added into the stream. It is really cool that the commentators can draw the arrows to what the players need to get, as this not only helps me understand, but it will be beneficial to the pinball outsiders watching the stream (or rewatching it in the future). It was perfect but hilarious when Steve Bowden was drawing the scores on the screen for one of the games when the camera (maybe) wasn't working. The commentary feels fresh and informative and it's super fun.

Another cool thing that they have done is where they cutaway to the interviews with Jeff (from the Pinball Profile podcast). It just adds something to the stream and makes it even more entertaining.

I am not sure who has been commentating (other than Steve) but they're really good. They are all definitely in the know with all of the games.

Well done for the awesome stream, guys! Keep it up!

#2 6 years ago

The video quality video is not as good as the regular twitch streams and the stage / camera shake is off putting BUT I understand getting this setup isn't easy. The commentating from Steve and Bowen is great and the replays are awesome.

I am really enjoying watching.

A finals going on right now:

#3 6 years ago

so why the switch from twitch to youtube?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from oohlou:

The video quality video is not as good as the regular twitch streams and the stage / camera shake is off putting

Yeah I do agree that camera shake is a bit annoying. When I started watching I was like, "oh the tilt bobs must be super loose!" At least the commentators acknowledge it, though.

#5 6 years ago

Just an amazing improvement from the previous stream a few months ago. Looks great on the big TV in the living room and the commentators are doing great. A pleasure to watch, shaky cameras and all.

How about the double tilt on Robocop? Just an amazing ending to the round.

#6 6 years ago

Snailman Congrats!!!!

#7 6 years ago

I was just going to make this thread too! I complained a tad about the world finals after the Kotaku news post. However the addition of the commentating team, the replays, the HD broadcast (encoder settings correct finally), the interviews before rounds, and award ceremony really made this stream shine.

I think this is probably way up there with the best PAPA broadcasts ever. It's so incredibly important for a good stream or else you won't learn from better players and it's such an incredible championship that it requires a fantastic stream.

Really superb job I can't overstate this enough!

#8 6 years ago

I was just sorry you weren't there kicking their asses, Danni.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was just sorry you weren't there kicking their asses, Danni.

I'll be there next year (maybe...) to do just that, but exams and school must come first.

#10 6 years ago

had a blast watching a local player win!!!

for some odd reason ball 2 of the last game was showing the players heads instead of the scores and that was weird and frustrating

#11 6 years ago

I thought it was an awesome step in the right direction.

The introduction of the Telestrator to show the rules and objectives briefly for each game was great. That's a must-do if pinball wants to hit the mainstream. Average punters don't know the objectives of pinball games.

We had 2 "non pinballers" here during the finals, and between the coverage and me explaining things, they got really hooked on it and were cheering the plays!

One thing that was missing was the players name somewhere on the screen, ALA the Never Drains streaming software.

rd

IMG_6594 (resized).JPGIMG_6594 (resized).JPG

#12 6 years ago

I looked for the stream on twitch a few times yesterday and never found it. Would have been nice to have some announcement made or something. Oh well, I mainly wanted to watch Eric and Sebastian and both went out early in the finals.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-stream-appreciation-post?hl=shootthepyramid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.