Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Keith Elwin has loaned us 40+ games for Pinburgh for the past 3 years, so that example is an exception because we grant him a ticket for that reason.
    No player gets in because of their 'status'. Full transparency, we had 22 tickets set aside this year for folks who helped/help us out on an amazing level. None of them attained their ticket because of their 'status'.

unlike many, I actually think that you should give out more than 22 spots prior to registration opening. I think that each state/providence/country champion should have a guaranteed slot (not free, but guaranteed) although that might be about 100 tix, not all of them would go, so those spots could go to waitlist people

#96 4 years ago

allright, lets predict the position we would realistically like to land in or get. I SUCK, so the chance to even place is beyond slim to none. Ive only played in one tournament, with 100 players. My goal then was 99th. and I beat that, I got 93rd. So at pinburgh, I want to do better, so Ive set my goal at 929th. And honestly, if I get that, ill be happy. Not saying I wont try to get better, but I have set 929th as my realistic goal. The people are the reason I go. But if your one of those serious players (WLF) you dont want to be a group with me, ill throw you off your game because im there for the fun, not the prize

1 week later
    #184 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluebomber:

Any guesses on how many people into the waitlist will end up accepting into the tourney?

Last year, they had about 40 people that were sitting there waiting that all got into the tournament. That is from no shows at the tournament. But from my understanding, there are also people that will be put into the tournament before tournament day from people that have to back out and give them notice. I had a couple friends that had to cancel a week before and they filled those spots the day they were told my friends couldn't make it

#201 4 years ago

I know we had a group of 5, all trying to get tickets. Only one of us was successful. Had we only been able to get 4 tickets, none of us would go. We are all riding together, and splitting rooms

#222 4 years ago

Its a risk, but day of show ups do have a chance.

Last year I had no intention of playing, but was there with friends. at the last minute I said screw it, im here, ill try (literally 1 hour before the tournament starts). I went over and put my name on a walk up list they had. I was 2 people away from getting in, and those last few that did get in were not on the official waitlist, they were walk ups that came with family members

Just think of it this way. maybe 50 people will cancel in time for others to get a notice of an opening. so they contact the first 50 people. of those, 25 already made other plans and cant get arrangements to make it. so your at 75+ deep into the list easily. Last minute changes cause another 25 plus to not make it. so last minute notice they look for another 25 to fill the remaining spots, now they can go 100+ deep into the waitlist just to fill those spots. Then day of tournament, another XX amount cant make it/ flight delayed, family emergency, etc.

So its easy that quite a few have the chance, just a matter if they can change plans last minute

1 month later
    #295 4 years ago

I hope it still works out to be a GO for this year, but none of us know. With talks starting today about possibly opening up things again shortly (whether you agree or not) means that some contracts will still have to be honored for times when the "shutdown" isn't happening. So Pinburgh might have to stay scheduled for contract reasons alone, we dont know

However. With all the talk on the thread about how to handle tickets. Curious if this is a scenario? Could they double up next year, In other words, do two weekends in a row, one for all the ticket holders from this year, and one for those for next year. I honestly think that it could be a viable option. There are tons of people that are on the waitlist. There are a ton of people that would do two weekends in a row. If they can get the center for two consecutive weeks, there would be no additional setup/teardown. Granted, There would need to be enough workers for two weekends, but if they could plan ahead of time, I think that is a obstacle that could be figured out.

Now I dont think that something like this would work for a show like TPF or so, as the main draw for pinburgh is the tournament side in my opinion.

3 weeks later
    #353 3 years ago

Sad to see this happen, but fully understand. Is it to early to start a countdown, only 464 days to Replay2021!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread?tu=tilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.