Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 4 years ago

If the waitlist could be locked out like the actual ticket sales are that might be the best way. I know Doug said it’s a form not a ticket, but can it be? Cap it at one ticket per email and charge a dollar for a waitlist spot. Then open that up an hour after Pinburgh goes on sale. Even if it was non-refundable and the dollar went to the replay foundation I’d be cool with that.

The method this year of delaying an hour is wise, but not being able to lock out early attempts sounds like a nightmare. Hope there is a solution found. The process improves every year, so there is that.

#101 4 years ago

Working from last year and going back I was low B division, D division finals second round, low B division, C division finals.

I think I can make A this year and that’s my goal. When divisions are 3 points for a while division that’s a win instead of a zero. I can do that. I take pictures of all of my round scoresheets and track my data. I know where I need to improve and have been working on that. Always focus on the weakness until something else is the weakness and then focus on that.

1 week later
    #226 4 years ago

My friend was the last person to get in on the day it started two years in a row. He was on the wait list the day tickets went on sale. I was next to last 2 years ago. We were several hundred deep that year and got in by being there.

3 weeks later
    #278 4 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

I wanted to add a bit of clarity to this, and snailman can correct me if I am wrong.
    * Show passes to TPF were transferred automatically with the option of a refund.
    * Tournament entries at TFP were all refunded; no transfer to future years.
    From the TPF website:

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/texas-pinball-festival-is-cancelled-for-march-27-29-2020/

My tournament entry was refunded to me, the show entry was not. I’ll happily be there next year.

5 months later
    #384 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Fond memories of last year.
    [quoted image]

I missed one of these by as little as one single shot. I got into vengeance multiball on Stern ST, but did not finish for 5M. The player that finished ahead of me on that game did. I was in second by 4.X million points. Finished the round with an 11. So close.

1 month later
    #390 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Well they better offer 100% refunds or they may be fighting CC change backs if there is an big change or even NO IFPA points. or if over seas people can't make it.
    I still say kill 2020 (yes that means the Satellite tournaments) and re do the full buy rush. Or keep the Satellite tournaments winners and do an new buy rush.

No thanks. I’ll keep my ticket.

#402 3 years ago

I hope 2021 isn’t wiped out too. I’m undecided on the odds of TPF. Lots of things have to go quite favorably for that to happen and I’m just not sure case numbers will be where they need to be for a large event by then.

Replay is something I could see happening with some pretty strong requirements to get in, even with a vaccine. I’d go in that situation.

I know a few people who have been on a few flights and they say everyone they have seen is being cautious. Paranoid Pinball isn’t nearly as fun as what we are used to, but it can happen if the demand and willingness is there to play as safe as possible.

#404 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Should the IFPA make an rule to be fair?? Rest and don't count stuff at the sate level for moved shows / events.
    Enforce wait lists at all levels? No you can't drop from our league in 2021 and comeback in 2022 no you have to join the wait list.

IFPA doesn’t run Pinburgh. They don’t run my league either. I run my league and we have our November event this Saturday. I have modified the structure slightly to keep groups under the advised limit and everyone wears a mask.

IFPA isn’t sanctioning events right now and that’s fine. They want to wait until every location can be open and the state/country reps agree. That’s fine, I don’t have a problem with that. Some regions aren’t as dangerous as others and it seems like each state has their own variety of rules. Once things are universally a little more normal, then I will start wondering when IFPA will start sanctioning events again. Til then, everyone should do only what they are comfortable with.

#407 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

IFPA doesn’t run Pinburgh. but some people may want an full refund if they run it with no IFPA as it was marketed as being IFPA.
    And shows may need to not market having an IFPA event.
    But I just say if there is an long off time. Any more or less locked in people to make it to the event hold over does not count for state points so people can't get an free jump over others. Even more so if stuff like World Pinball Championship, stern pro , papa Circuit, get moved.
    Maybe an reset after restart.
    Also leagues must start an new session when the IFPA restarts for them to count for IFPA points.

I think it is fair to offer a refund if Pinburgh does go on as a non-IFPA event.

As far as the Stern Pro Circuit, does the IFPA administer that? I have a spreadsheet that awards points using the same formulas the IFPA uses. I built it years ago to estimate points for an event before they showed up on the page. If the Circuit does not need IFPA (even though I and many others very much appreciate what the IFPA is) Circuit points could be calculated exactly like IFPA does and awarded as Circuit points until IFPA comes back online.

We are still short one Circuit finals that I was very much looking forward to watching. I’m also top 16 in a state and would love to be able to play in an SCS event even if it’s delayed.

2 weeks later
    #439 3 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Replay Foundation is not dissolving. We are shedding all of the physical assets and will not be hosting our own events for the foreseeable future.

ALL, like everything? Pins, arcades, warehouse, everything? Man that’s a huge bummer. When I read the announcement I was hoping it meant sell a few things to fund things like insurance and warehouse mortgage, and things like that, but still keep a huge chunk of the games. Then start back again when it’s safe and do a reduced headcount of PAPA Worlds and Pinburgh at the warehouse.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.