Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustEverett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

With tickets for Pinburgh 2020 going on sale in just under a month, I thought it was time to start the discussion. Who's going to Pinburgh this year?
    Tickets on sale 2/22/2020 at noon EST
    https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

First Ticket of the year will be awarded as the Top Prize at Jackbar, in Brooklyn, this Saturday Jan 25th, at the IFPA sanctioned Pinburgh 2020 Satellite Tournament. Starts at 2PM. No pre-registration. Just show up before 2, and register with your "TD to The Stars", Greg Poverelli. We also have many other prizes, and drink specials. Like a free High Life for every player, from our friends at Miller! An awesome Random Door Prize, of a custom made Translite LED Lightbox w/ a signed Deadpool Translite, from our friend Wes Ulfig at Ulfig Designs. As well as an oversize Pinball Trophy for our winner, courtesy of Ball Baron! Hope to see you all there!
    -jon
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Man I wish some of these tournaments were closer! Everything pushed out to the coasts.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

First Ticket of the year will be awarded as the Top Prize at Jackbar, in Brooklyn, this Saturday Jan 25th, at the IFPA sanctioned Pinburgh 2020 Satellite Tournament. Starts at 2PM. No pre-registration. Just show up before 2, and register with your "TD to The Stars", Greg Poverelli. We also have many other prizes, and drink specials. Like a free High Life for every player, from our friends at Miller! An awesome Random Door Prize, of a custom made Translite LED Lightbox w/ a signed Deadpool Translite, from our friend Wes Ulfig at Ulfig Designs. As well as an oversize Pinball Trophy for our winner, courtesy of Ball Baron! Hope to see you all there!
    -jon
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a single place to find satellite tournament ticket winners?

2 weeks later
    1 week later
    #7 4 years ago

Tomorrow's the day. Set your alarms and make sure you F5 button is ready for a workout.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Is that the link? Or is this the link: https://www.showclix.com/event/Replay-FX-2020/pre-sale#_ga=2.229973724.1398493708.1582372725-799139366.1582372725
    And also, what's the max I can buy? I'm trying to go 50/50 with another family. We got each others backs if one of us fails but I want to make sure I can buy 5 if I need to.

When you click "Buy Tickets" at the top of the main page I listed, it takes you to the showclix link. So Showclix is the page you want to refresh.

#51 4 years ago

To anyone who thinks they can come on here and tell ninjadoug how to run things, you are a moron. Pinburgh is a seamlessly run event that PAPA continues to make better each year. If you think you can run a better 1000 player tournament, then just get busy.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

I don't think anyone is complaining about how Pinburgh is run... there's a reason it sells out instantaneously - it's run impeccably. That said, from the consumer perspective, registering for tickets or the waitlist is confusing and frustrating. ninjadoug's explanation as to why they separate the times for ticket and waitlist registration was helpful to understand from the organizer's perspective.
    I have no animosity to ninjadoug, as I very much appreciate the effort and time that everyone puts into running a tournament like this.

My reference was meant to include the registration process. People complaining about how quick the tickets sell out is absurd. These are the most sought after tickets all year. You win some you lose some. I like the way it's done because they give everyone a chance to play in one of the greatest pinball experiences.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and then cropdust all your fellow competitors at Pinburgh.

It's called strategy...

3 weeks later
    #239 4 years ago

It's way to early to know what will happen with Pinburgh. This a day by day situation that no one in the world is capable of predicting. If the world hasn't resumed some level of normalcy by the middle of July, then a Pinburgh cancellation will be the last thing anyone will be worried about.

2 weeks later
    #263 4 years ago

The the covid situation looks currently indicates there could be a lot of refund requests. What’s the policy on pinburgh ticket refunds?

1 month later
    #361 3 years ago

I wasn't able to go this year, so I think I'll hop on the waitlist. Who knows what will happen between now and next year, but I would love to attend next year. After the hellscape that has been 2020, I'm guessing it will be a very special Pinburgh and ReplayFx.

4 months later
    #383 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Fond memories of last year.
    [quoted image]

Same here, although I never got close to a perfect round. That's tough to pull off. Roger Sharpe did ask to join me on a game of Cyclopes though, which was rad.

67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #409 3 years ago
    Quoted from frisbez:

If someone doesn't attend Pinburgh simply because it potentially won't offer IFPA then they have completely missed the point of IFPA points in the first place. It's as bad as Manfred calling the MLB trophy "a piece of metal."
    Events like Pinburgh legitimize IFPA points, not the other way around.

We just had our first local tournament since all this chaos began. Obviously no IFPA points, and no one cared. Every person there was just happy to be flipping. I'd happily take anyone's ticket for an IFPA pointless pinburgh just to go play PAPA's collection of games.

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

what about international people who can't travel they should get an full refund with an new window near event time.

I have said, and always will say, I will trust the decision makers at PAPA to do the best they can given any situation they are facing. I don't think speculating on hypothetical situations and policies does any good.

Doug and everyone else that run Pinburgh manage an absolutely massive undertaking, so they will know better than the pontificating masses how best to handle the situation as things continue to change.

2 weeks later
    #416 3 years ago

Chances for a 2021 Pinburgh aren't looking good...
    "While the Foundation is not dissolving, we are liquidating most of our physical assets and cancelling all of our public events. Over the coming months, the Foundation will retire all of its debts, including the refund of prepaid tickets, and will exist solely as an online resource for the foreseeable future."
    https://replayfoundation.org/2020-announcement/

#425 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

they should dump there modded roms that are not out there in other places

The majority of the pins are owned by PAPA right?

#430 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

papa IS replay.
    PAPA was rolled into Replay when they setup the charity. Kevin donated everything into replay.
    This is replay basically liquidating and going into hibernation. Expect them to attach the brand to events others run or they help run I suppose.

Wow...I didn't know that. Man this is tragic.

#468 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Neither is Andromeda, Cyclops, Quicksilver, Catacomb, Galaxy, Paragon, Alien Star - some of the games I liked in 2019 Pinburgh.

I was looking for a couple of those too, but some of the Pinburgh games are on loan for the event I think.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustEverett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread?tu=JustEverett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.