Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joe_Blasi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#265 4 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

The the covid situation looks currently indicates there could be a lot of refund requests. What’s the policy on pinburgh ticket refunds?

It may be better to wait and maybe get 100% from them or with an charge back vs taking an part refund now.

Let's say the event center becomes an temp hospital then the event is likely dead on the spot.

1 week later
    #282 4 years ago

Burning Man Cancels 2020. So big events may be out for this year.

2 weeks later
    #308 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, if the David P Lawrence center hosts an Anime convention with 11,000 people in June, I'm quite sure Replay FX will happen also a month later.
    ANybody taking bets on if this Anime Convo happens?

what about ALL GAMES single player only? and then wipe down the games for each new player? Faster and less issues then wipeing them each turn in a 4 player game.

6 months later
    #387 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Pinburgh rounds and positions can be weird. I made A finals one year with a 12 round in the mix ... and another year with a 0 round ... and two years by winning tiebreakers. Go figure. That's the thing, you can catch the "right bank" or the "right players at the right time" or both and kick ass ... or vice versa. You can occasionally beat Keith or Raymond one game and lose to someone ranked #1,000 or #10,000 another game the same afternoon. That's part of the appeal, almost anything can happen.
    As for 2021, the question is what will the cap on gathering size be then? Some locales have allowed groups up to just 6, others 25, others 100 or 250, but I've seen nothing about going beyond 250 so far. If the projected cap for the event dates is less than the expected ReplayFX attendance, or worse, less than the planned 1000 Pinburgh players, what do they do? What smaller size cap triggers "cancel"?

Well they better offer 100% refunds or they may be fighting CC change backs if there is an big change or even NO IFPA points. or if over seas people can't make it.

I still say kill 2020 (yes that means the Satellite tournaments) and re do the full buy rush. Or keep the Satellite tournaments winners and do an new buy rush.

#389 3 years ago

well it looks like 2021 may be an midway for good vax rollout. IFPA needs to start up some time and will they wait till end 2021?? That may be bad for shows.

#403 3 years ago

Should the IFPA make an rule to be fair?? Rest and don't count stuff at the sate level for moved shows / events.
    Enforce wait lists at all levels? No you can't drop from our league in 2021 and comeback in 2022 no you have to join the wait list.

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

IFPA doesn’t run Pinburgh. They don’t run my league either. I run my league and we have our November event this Saturday. I have modified the structure slightly to keep groups under the advised limit and everyone wears a mask.
    IFPA isn’t sanctioning events right now and that’s fine. They want to wait until every location can be open and the state/country reps agree. That’s fine, I don’t have a problem with that. Some regions aren’t as dangerous as others and it seems like each state has their own variety of rules. Once things are universally a little more normal, then I will start wondering when IFPA will start sanctioning events again. Til then, everyone should do only what they are comfortable with.

IFPA doesn’t run Pinburgh. but some people may want an full refund if they run it with no IFPA as it was marketed as being IFPA.
    And shows may need to not market having an IFPA event.

But I just say if there is an long off time. Any more or less locked in people to make it to the event hold over does not count for state points so people can't get an free jump over others. Even more so if stuff like World Pinball Championship, stern pro , papa Circuit, get moved.
    Maybe an reset after restart.

Also leagues must start an new session when the IFPA restarts for them to count for IFPA points.

#410 3 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I think it is fair to offer a refund if Pinburgh does go on as a non-IFPA event.
    As far as the Stern Pro Circuit, does the IFPA administer that? I have a spreadsheet that awards points using the same formulas the IFPA uses. I built it years ago to estimate points for an event before they showed up on the page. If the Circuit does not need IFPA (even though I and many others very much appreciate what the IFPA is) Circuit points could be calculated exactly like IFPA does and awarded as Circuit points until IFPA comes back online.
    We are still short one Circuit finals that I was very much looking forward to watching. I’m also top 16 in a state and would love to be able to play in an SCS event even if it’s delayed.

Well at some point an reset for year to year stuff may needed.

But it's not fair to have a lot of Circuit events with no IFPA just have the IFPA restart in time to give the Circuit finals IFPA points (maybe if they did not count for the SCS).

as for an limited pop cap start up don't count / roll over any 2020 SCS points.

#411 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

We just had our first local tournament since all this chaos began. Obviously no IFPA points, and no one cared. Every person there was just happy to be flipping. I'd happily take anyone's ticket for an IFPA pointless pinburgh just to go play PAPA's collection of games.

what about international people who can't travel they should get an full refund with an new window near event time.

#414 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If “international people” still can’t come here because of the covid situation, there will be no pinburgh and this line of thought is totally moot.

maybe there is some law issues with the Vaccine that block / place an big paper work hold on most international people to come in but usa/NA is back to haveing big events

1 week later
    #419 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

Chances for a 2021 Pinburgh aren't looking good...
    "While the Foundation is not dissolving, we are liquidating most of our physical assets and cancelling all of our public events. Over the coming months, the Foundation will retire all of its debts, including the refund of prepaid tickets, and will exist solely as an online resource for the foreseeable future."
    https://replayfoundation.org/2020-announcement/

they should dump there modded roms that are not out there in other places

#420 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I was hoping with the vaccine news that 2021 would go on.

wave 2 is killing us now

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joe_Blasi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread?tu=Joe_Blasi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.