Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG
    There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 3 years ago

Yeah. No way. You need all those other people paying to come in too. It’s all or nothing I would say for most shows.

#402 3 years ago

I hope 2021 isn’t wiped out too. I’m undecided on the odds of TPF. Lots of things have to go quite favorably for that to happen and I’m just not sure case numbers will be where they need to be for a large event by then.

Replay is something I could see happening with some pretty strong requirements to get in, even with a vaccine. I’d go in that situation.

I know a few people who have been on a few flights and they say everyone they have seen is being cautious. Paranoid Pinball isn’t nearly as fun as what we are used to, but it can happen if the demand and willingness is there to play as safe as possible.

#403 3 years ago

Should the IFPA make an rule to be fair?? Rest and don't count stuff at the sate level for moved shows / events.
    Enforce wait lists at all levels? No you can't drop from our league in 2021 and comeback in 2022 no you have to join the wait list.

#404 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Should the IFPA make an rule to be fair?? Rest and don't count stuff at the sate level for moved shows / events.
    Enforce wait lists at all levels? No you can't drop from our league in 2021 and comeback in 2022 no you have to join the wait list.

IFPA doesn’t run Pinburgh. They don’t run my league either. I run my league and we have our November event this Saturday. I have modified the structure slightly to keep groups under the advised limit and everyone wears a mask.

IFPA isn’t sanctioning events right now and that’s fine. They want to wait until every location can be open and the state/country reps agree. That’s fine, I don’t have a problem with that. Some regions aren’t as dangerous as others and it seems like each state has their own variety of rules. Once things are universally a little more normal, then I will start wondering when IFPA will start sanctioning events again. Til then, everyone should do only what they are comfortable with.

#405 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Gonna need a translation on this post.

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

IFPA doesn’t run Pinburgh. They don’t run my league either. I run my league and we have our November event this Saturday. I have modified the structure slightly to keep groups under the advised limit and everyone wears a mask.
    IFPA isn’t sanctioning events right now and that’s fine. They want to wait until every location can be open and the state/country reps agree. That’s fine, I don’t have a problem with that. Some regions aren’t as dangerous as others and it seems like each state has their own variety of rules. Once things are universally a little more normal, then I will start wondering when IFPA will start sanctioning events again. Til then, everyone should do only what they are comfortable with.

IFPA doesn’t run Pinburgh. but some people may want an full refund if they run it with no IFPA as it was marketed as being IFPA.
    And shows may need to not market having an IFPA event.

But I just say if there is an long off time. Any more or less locked in people to make it to the event hold over does not count for state points so people can't get an free jump over others. Even more so if stuff like World Pinball Championship, stern pro , papa Circuit, get moved.
    Maybe an reset after restart.

Also leagues must start an new session when the IFPA restarts for them to count for IFPA points.

#407 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

IFPA doesn’t run Pinburgh. but some people may want an full refund if they run it with no IFPA as it was marketed as being IFPA.
    And shows may need to not market having an IFPA event.
    But I just say if there is an long off time. Any more or less locked in people to make it to the event hold over does not count for state points so people can't get an free jump over others. Even more so if stuff like World Pinball Championship, stern pro , papa Circuit, get moved.
    Maybe an reset after restart.
    Also leagues must start an new session when the IFPA restarts for them to count for IFPA points.

I think it is fair to offer a refund if Pinburgh does go on as a non-IFPA event.

As far as the Stern Pro Circuit, does the IFPA administer that? I have a spreadsheet that awards points using the same formulas the IFPA uses. I built it years ago to estimate points for an event before they showed up on the page. If the Circuit does not need IFPA (even though I and many others very much appreciate what the IFPA is) Circuit points could be calculated exactly like IFPA does and awarded as Circuit points until IFPA comes back online.

We are still short one Circuit finals that I was very much looking forward to watching. I’m also top 16 in a state and would love to be able to play in an SCS event even if it’s delayed.

#408 3 years ago

If someone doesn't attend Pinburgh simply because it potentially won't offer IFPA then they have completely missed the point of IFPA points in the first place. It's as bad as Manfred calling the MLB trophy "a piece of metal."

Events like Pinburgh legitimize IFPA points, not the other way around.

#409 3 years ago
    Quoted from frisbez:

If someone doesn't attend Pinburgh simply because it potentially won't offer IFPA then they have completely missed the point of IFPA points in the first place. It's as bad as Manfred calling the MLB trophy "a piece of metal."
    Events like Pinburgh legitimize IFPA points, not the other way around.

We just had our first local tournament since all this chaos began. Obviously no IFPA points, and no one cared. Every person there was just happy to be flipping. I'd happily take anyone's ticket for an IFPA pointless pinburgh just to go play PAPA's collection of games.

#410 3 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I think it is fair to offer a refund if Pinburgh does go on as a non-IFPA event.
    As far as the Stern Pro Circuit, does the IFPA administer that? I have a spreadsheet that awards points using the same formulas the IFPA uses. I built it years ago to estimate points for an event before they showed up on the page. If the Circuit does not need IFPA (even though I and many others very much appreciate what the IFPA is) Circuit points could be calculated exactly like IFPA does and awarded as Circuit points until IFPA comes back online.
    We are still short one Circuit finals that I was very much looking forward to watching. I’m also top 16 in a state and would love to be able to play in an SCS event even if it’s delayed.

Well at some point an reset for year to year stuff may needed.

But it's not fair to have a lot of Circuit events with no IFPA just have the IFPA restart in time to give the Circuit finals IFPA points (maybe if they did not count for the SCS).

as for an limited pop cap start up don't count / roll over any 2020 SCS points.

#411 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

We just had our first local tournament since all this chaos began. Obviously no IFPA points, and no one cared. Every person there was just happy to be flipping. I'd happily take anyone's ticket for an IFPA pointless pinburgh just to go play PAPA's collection of games.

what about international people who can't travel they should get an full refund with an new window near event time.

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

what about international people who can't travel they should get an full refund with an new window near event time.

I have said, and always will say, I will trust the decision makers at PAPA to do the best they can given any situation they are facing. I don't think speculating on hypothetical situations and policies does any good.

Doug and everyone else that run Pinburgh manage an absolutely massive undertaking, so they will know better than the pontificating masses how best to handle the situation as things continue to change.

#413 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

If “international people” still can’t come here because of the covid situation, there will be no pinburgh and this line of thought is totally moot.

#414 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If “international people” still can’t come here because of the covid situation, there will be no pinburgh and this line of thought is totally moot.

maybe there is some law issues with the Vaccine that block / place an big paper work hold on most international people to come in but usa/NA is back to haveing big events

#415 3 years ago

Maybe I missed this, but are they going to sell a few 2021 tickets to fill the spots of those that purchased 2020 tickets but can't attend in 2021?

1 week later
    #416 3 years ago

Chances for a 2021 Pinburgh aren't looking good...
    "While the Foundation is not dissolving, we are liquidating most of our physical assets and cancelling all of our public events. Over the coming months, the Foundation will retire all of its debts, including the refund of prepaid tickets, and will exist solely as an online resource for the foreseeable future."
    https://replayfoundation.org/2020-announcement/

#417 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

"While the Foundation is not dissolving, we are liquidating most of our physical assets and cancelling all of our public events. Over the coming months, the Foundation will retire all of its debts, including the refund of prepaid tickets, and will exist solely as an online resource for the foreseeable future."

This is just horrible news.

#418 3 years ago

I was hoping with the vaccine news that 2021 would go on.

#419 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

they should dump there modded roms that are not out there in other places

#420 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I was hoping with the vaccine news that 2021 would go on.

wave 2 is killing us now

#421 3 years ago

Worst news.

#423 3 years ago

This really really sucks

Such a beautiful collection of games there.

#424 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

wave 2 is killing us now

You guys got out of wave 1? Ohio is still climbing to the peak

#425 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

The majority of the pins are owned by PAPA right?

#426 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

No. Everything PAPA is owned by Replay I believe.

#427 3 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #428 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Which ones are you referring to?

#429 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

papa IS replay.

PAPA was rolled into Replay when they setup the charity. Kevin donated everything into replay.

This is replay basically liquidating and going into hibernation. Expect them to attach the brand to events others run or they help run I suppose.

#430 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

papa IS replay.
    PAPA was rolled into Replay when they setup the charity. Kevin donated everything into replay.
    This is replay basically liquidating and going into hibernation. Expect them to attach the brand to events others run or they help run I suppose.

Wow...I didn't know that. Man this is tragic.

#431 3 years ago

They rebuilt in less than a year after the flood. I have confidence they can rebuild post-covid too, if the desire exists. Kevin is 16 years older now, so I don't blame him one bit if he's like, screw it, not starting from scratch again. He has the Letterman beard of a man who wants to enjoy semi-retirement.

#432 3 years ago

sad sad day, I texted a buddy last night I was worried when I saw ninjadoug selling some awesome games. I hate being right.

#433 3 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

sad sad day, I texted a buddy last night I was worried when I saw ninjadoug selling some awesome games. I hate being right.

Just a couple days ago I was brainstorming the same thing to a couple of friends myself.

#434 3 years ago

ninjadoug - what about the online services replay donates to host? Like IPDB, the league software, etc... Are they going to keep funding that?

#435 3 years ago

Sad I wont be able to experience Pinburgh, but
    Super sad for everyone who worked so hard to put these shows on. I know they must be devastated.

#436 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

ninjadoug - what about the online services replay donates to host? Like IPDB, the league software, etc... Are they going to keep funding that?

Replay Foundation is not dissolving. We are shedding all of the physical assets and will not be hosting our own events for the foreseeable future.

#437 3 years ago

And there goes my dream of beating Keith in the finals. I was sure 2021 was my year... in all seriousness, this sucks. Thanks ninjadoug and everyone at replay for all your hard work over the years. I’m pretty new to all this, but it was very evident how much your organization does.

#438 3 years ago

I am heart broken that Pinburgh is no more at this time. Mostly upset that I can't hang out with the coolest people on the planet. I will miss you all. I guess the only hope is to have Pinburgh similar tournaments in Banning for INDISC with the machines they have. This is such a bummer and I hope good things come out of this. I was so looking forward to the possibility of seeing all my pinhead friends at Pinburgh in 2021. Now not happening!!

#439 3 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Replay Foundation is not dissolving. We are shedding all of the physical assets and will not be hosting our own events for the foreseeable future.

ALL, like everything? Pins, arcades, warehouse, everything? Man that’s a huge bummer. When I read the announcement I was hoping it meant sell a few things to fund things like insurance and warehouse mortgage, and things like that, but still keep a huge chunk of the games. Then start back again when it’s safe and do a reduced headcount of PAPA Worlds and Pinburgh at the warehouse.

#440 3 years ago

Thanks so much to all of the replay and papa people .

The positive effect that you have had on the world of pinball is monumental and an amazing achievement.

Best wishes for the future . love you all!

edz

#441 3 years ago

Very sad indeed. While ReplayFX never had the same nostaglic feeling as the place in Carnegie I'll still miss going every year.

#442 3 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

Thanks so much to all of the replay and papa people .
    The positive effect that you have had on the world of pinball is monumental and an amazing achievement.
    Best wishes for the future . love you all!
    edz

Thank you to everyone that put their trust in us.

#443 3 years ago

This is sad/unfortunate. Although I have only been part of this community for two years, I am glad I got to experience Replay FX/Pinburgh when I did.

#444 3 years ago

High hopes that when this storm clears you guys are able to put on more events. Hands down the best I've ever been to. From hayday events in Carnegie to Replay in Pittsburgh, always an absolute blast and top notch productions. Thanks for your flawless events and inspiring so many others to help push competitive pinball forward.

#445 3 years ago

The link below contains pricing for what is available. Email me at [email protected] is anyone is interested in any of these games.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Alb9k2GOg4LBgfF_N1NUZ7sAbAbLpA?e=NMTa9n

Arcade pricing isn't quite ready yet.

#446 3 years ago

Anyone have $982,150 I could borrow?

#447 3 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Anyone have $982,150 I could borrow?

Just make it an even $975,000 and we are all good!

#448 3 years ago

Such a shame as best tournament in the world by far.

Wonder what the figures were that led to this?

I think raising $250000 would be feasible with this idea.

25 'Lifetime' members donate $10000 each.

They get a swag bag and lifetime entry for all future tournaments ( no guarantee how many of course ).

Probably too simplistic in the circumstances, but the way pinburgh spots sell, I think something like this may have worked, if it's a case of being in the hole by X amount of dollars.

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Such a shame as best tournament in the world by far.
    Wonder what the figures were that led to this?
    I think raising $250000 would be feasible with this idea.
    25 'Lifetime' members donate $10000 each.
    They get a swag bag and lifetime entry for all future tournaments ( no guarantee how many of course ).
    Probably too simplistic in the circumstances, but the way pinburgh spots sell, I think something like this may have worked, if it's a case of being in the hole by X amount of dollars.

I really like your idea. There are probably other ideas like that that could have saved it but I wonder now if there was a will. Is this really about Covid or is there more going on? It’s all moot because the decision has been made.

#450 3 years ago

Where is T-X Sector? Sold already I suppose. I would buy one of these just to have a piece of PAPA history, even though I have zero room for another pin. Hopefully someone from the Southeast will be taking a truck up north!!

And please stop with all the gofundme and donation ideas. They've already made up their mind. The best thing we can do to support them now is purchase a game from them.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread/page/9?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.