Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG
    There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 3 years ago

Oh and looks like PAPA will be back next year. That’s cool!

#352 3 years ago

Thank you to the organizers and thanks for carrying over tickets till next year. See everyone August 2021 hopefully.

#353 3 years ago

Sad to see this happen, but fully understand. Is it to early to start a countdown, only 464 days to Replay2021!!!

#354 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Sad to see this happen, but fully understand. Is it to early to start a countdown, only 464 days to Replay2021!!!

It's going to be the best one ever!

#355 3 years ago

Didn't plan on going this year, so I wasn't even on the wait list. Want to go next year; wait list is being maintained. Doh! /hops on that behind everybody else

#356 3 years ago

PAPA returning in 2021 is great news!

#357 3 years ago

the right decision and thanks very much for getting the deed done!

looking fwd to 2021!

#358 3 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Didn't plan on going this year, so I wasn't even on the wait list. Want to go next year; wait list is being maintained. Doh! /hops on that behind everybody else

ughhh, same here.

#359 3 years ago
    Quoted from hugepockets:

ughhh, same here.

Same. Gonna put a .00000000000000001% chance of making it in 2021. Time to buy a powerball ticket, my odds are better

#360 3 years ago

I just cancelled my hotel reservation. This is your reminder to cancel yours.

#361 3 years ago

I wasn't able to go this year, so I think I'll hop on the waitlist. Who knows what will happen between now and next year, but I would love to attend next year. After the hellscape that has been 2020, I'm guessing it will be a very special Pinburgh and ReplayFx.

#362 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I just cancelled my hotel reservation. This is your reminder to cancel yours.

I was at one of the partner hotels. It looks like it automatically canceled for me.

#363 3 years ago

Looking forward to making my first PAPA

#364 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

I was at one of the partner hotels. It looks like it automatically canceled for me.

Yep same

#365 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Mine was at the Drury. There wasn’t a block there this year, but I stayed there the last two years, and I really liked it. Staying in the hotel block would be cheaper, but when I find something I really like, I tend to go there again.

Of course this means I won’t even be taking a vacation this year. That’s kind of a bummer.

#366 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Me too.

#367 3 years ago

I understand why they did it and respect their decision. I also appreciate them carrying over tickets to next year.

But it still makes me sad.

It would have been my 3rd Pinburgh which is something I've looked forward to since I went to my first one 3 years ago. The meatballs, the tacos, the beer garden, all the cool people and I could go on and on.

#368 3 years ago

Ordered a Pinburgh shirt from the ReplayFX site to throw a few bucks on the pile while I wait for 73,000 people to drop off the waitlist!

#369 3 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the refund form? Trying to process one for someone in our group that was part of my order and I get no confirmation anything went through, page just refreshes on submit and the form is still filled out which is making me question myself. Just curious if that happened to anyone else and they later got confirmation. I'll give it a day and then contact them through another form.

#370 3 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Ordered a Pinburgh shirt from the ReplayFX site to throw a few bucks on the pile while I wait for 73,000 people to drop off the waitlist!

Same. Maybe they can somehow figure out a way to expand the field in 2021.

#371 3 years ago

Still waiting for Westin to cancel my reservation as part of the block. Anyone else call them to cancel? My Marriott app won't let me cancel there.

#372 3 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Same. Maybe they can somehow figure out a way to expand the field in 2021.

Pinball machines are the block. We need more. People can donate machines to Replay Foundation or donate money so the foundation can buy games.

#373 3 years ago
    Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Anyone have any issues with the refund form? Trying to process one for someone in our group that was part of my order and I get no confirmation anything went through, page just refreshes on submit and the form is still filled out which is making me question myself. Just curious if that happened to anyone else and they later got confirmation. I'll give it a day and then contact them through another form.

You can reach out to [email protected] and they should be able to confirm if they received the form.

#374 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Still waiting for Westin to cancel my reservation as part of the block. Anyone else call them to cancel? My Marriott app won't let me cancel there.

Call Marriott with your confirmation number, 888-627-7053. They'll cancel the room.

#375 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

same

Quoted from tktlwyr:

Call Marriott with your confirmation number, 888-627-7053. They'll cancel the room.

Yeah, I'll probably do that. It was just weird to not be able to simply click on "Cancel" -- I've been able to do so on any of the other hundreds of reservations I've made with Marriott.

#376 3 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

same

Yeah, I'll probably do that. It was just weird to not be able to simply click on "Cancel" -- I've been able to do so on any of the other hundreds of reservations I've made with Marriott.

I got an email from them today, which reminded me to try and cancel again, then I realized the email was the reservation updated to 2021, so I'm keeping it.

#377 3 years ago

Yes reservation at Westin was moved to next year. Great!

2 months later
    #378 3 years ago

Cruel, I just got a text that I can access my ReplayFX tickets now!

#379 3 years ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Cruel, I just got a text that I can access my ReplayFX tickets now!

So did I. If you click on it, it says it's for 2021.

Not cruel. Just ahead of schedule.

#380 3 years ago

My phone went off this morning reminding me to check-in at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown.

I'd be having meatballs for lunch in a few hours.

#381 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'd be having meatballs for lunch in a few hours.

Ouch, I didn't even realize tomorrow was the day. I have put it so far out of my mind since it was postponed. That would have put me in NYC last night for a great dinner and some walking around to see the freaks. I'd currently be all checked in at the Drury and I probably would have just finished dinner. I'd be pretending I was going to get a good nights sleep before the tournament started, and I would have my game plan all drawn up (Step 1: Win every match. Step 2: Regret the loss, but win the next one.). Sigh.

2 months later
    #382 3 years ago

Fond memories of last year.

DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpgDSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg

#383 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

Same here, although I never got close to a perfect round. That's tough to pull off. Roger Sharpe did ask to join me on a game of Cyclopes though, which was rad.

67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    #384 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

[quoted image]

I missed one of these by as little as one single shot. I got into vengeance multiball on Stern ST, but did not finish for 5M. The player that finished ahead of me on that game did. I was in second by 4.X million points. Finished the round with an 11. So close.

1 month later
    #385 3 years ago

Me too. Happened in the last round of day 1 and propelled me into 8th place for the day. All down hill after that. Haha

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #386 3 years ago

Pinburgh rounds and positions can be weird. I made A finals one year with a 12 round in the mix ... and another year with a 0 round ... and two years by winning tiebreakers. Go figure. That's the thing, you can catch the "right bank" or the "right players at the right time" or both and kick ass ... or vice versa. You can occasionally beat Keith or Raymond one game and lose to someone ranked #1,000 or #10,000 another game the same afternoon. That's part of the appeal, almost anything can happen.

As for 2021, the question is what will the cap on gathering size be then? Some locales have allowed groups up to just 6, others 25, others 100 or 250, but I've seen nothing about going beyond 250 so far. If the projected cap for the event dates is less than the expected ReplayFX attendance, or worse, less than the planned 1000 Pinburgh players, what do they do? What smaller size cap triggers "cancel"?

#387 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Pinburgh rounds and positions can be weird. I made A finals one year with a 12 round in the mix ... and another year with a 0 round ... and two years by winning tiebreakers. Go figure. That's the thing, you can catch the "right bank" or the "right players at the right time" or both and kick ass ... or vice versa. You can occasionally beat Keith or Raymond one game and lose to someone ranked #1,000 or #10,000 another game the same afternoon. That's part of the appeal, almost anything can happen.
    As for 2021, the question is what will the cap on gathering size be then? Some locales have allowed groups up to just 6, others 25, others 100 or 250, but I've seen nothing about going beyond 250 so far. If the projected cap for the event dates is less than the expected ReplayFX attendance, or worse, less than the planned 1000 Pinburgh players, what do they do? What smaller size cap triggers "cancel"?

Well they better offer 100% refunds or they may be fighting CC change backs if there is an big change or even NO IFPA points. or if over seas people can't make it.

I still say kill 2020 (yes that means the Satellite tournaments) and re do the full buy rush. Or keep the Satellite tournaments winners and do an new buy rush.

#388 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

As for 2021, the question is what will the cap on gathering size be then?

It is way too early to know anything about the middle of 2021. Either way, I think the team running Pinburgh will make the right decision when it is time, just like 2020.

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I still say kill 2020 (yes that means the Satellite tournaments) and re do the full buy rush. Or keep the Satellite tournaments winners and do an new buy rush.

The whole thing was a no win situation. No matter what decision the crew came to, someone was going to be upset. Personally I would have hated to be in their shoes. But if I was, I think I would have decided exactly what they did. It sucks that they were put in that position, but that is the world we are in right now.

#389 3 years ago

well it looks like 2021 may be an midway for good vax rollout. IFPA needs to start up some time and will they wait till end 2021?? That may be bad for shows.

#390 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Well they better offer 100% refunds or they may be fighting CC change backs if there is an big change or even NO IFPA points. or if over seas people can't make it.

No thanks. I’ll keep my ticket.

#391 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Are there really that many jerks in pinball who would issue a chargeback to ReplayFX? Let’s be good to each other.

#392 3 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Are there really that many jerks in pinball who would issue a chargeback to ReplayFX? Let’s be good to each other.

Yep. Has happened at pincinnati both years with people I can prove went to the show.

But that’s why we switched to Eventbrite and I’m sure one of the reasons Pinburgh uses a ticketing service. They handle all charge backs.

#393 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Has happened at pincinnati both years with people I can prove went to the show.
    But that’s why we switched to Eventbrite and I’m sure one of the reasons Pinburgh uses a ticketing service. They handle all charge backs.

They did a chargeback even though they attended the show?!? That'd be instant persona non grata status from me, a ban on future attendance, and a public call-out/warning to others who could potentially do business with people like that.

The level that dirtbags will go to to screw someone out of a couple bucks never ceases to amaze me

#394 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

The level that dirtbags will go to to screw someone out of a couple bucks never ceases to amaze me

I thought you'd be numb to it by now after 3 years on Pinside.

#395 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

They did a chargeback even though they attended the show?!? That'd be instant persona non grata status from me, a ban on future attendance, and a public call-out/warning to others who could potentially do business with people like that.

Oh we have a blacklist. . Luckily it’s not long at all.

The bitch of it is, even though I was able to prove that, I still lost money on the deal. Luckily we didn’t have too many of them year 1, but fighting them was awful.

So glad we went with Eventbrite now and don’t have to worry about it. We get our money no matter what.

#396 3 years ago

My general concern is if there are player count caps when things reopen, we may end up with more Pinburgh-like F-key registration mania that leaves many people dissatisfied. I've been on the outside 5 straight times now (not just Pinburgh, other circuit events, too) and it ain't funny.

#397 3 years ago

My concern is big tournaments aren’t coming back in 2021.

#398 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

My concern is big tournaments aren’t coming back in 2021.

My concern is ifpa tournaments aren’t coming back till 2023.

#399 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

My general concern is if there are player count caps when things reopen, we may end up with more Pinburgh-like F-key registration mania that leaves many people dissatisfied. I've been on the outside 5 straight times now (not just Pinburgh, other circuit events, too) and it ain't funny.

I wonder if there is an event cap of say 250 people if Replayfx could even host the event unless it was not at the convention center. Doubt 250 people could pay for the use of the facility but I could be wrong.

#400 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I wonder if there is an event cap of say 250 people if Replayfx could even host the event unless it was not at the convention center. Doubt 250 people could pay for the use of the facility but I could be wrong.

Yeah I don’t think $5000 covers the cost of renting a day at the convention Center.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread/page/8?hl=misterschu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.