Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG
    There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Im still holding out hope that it happens and if it doesnt hoping papa will carry the registrations for pinburgh over to next year so we dont have to play the lottery again.

Agreed! I was lucky enough to get one this year, and if it doesn't happen, I hope it just carries over for when it does happen.

I'm in that odd state where I'm worried equally about it being cancelled and it NOT being cancelled. But I realize it is way too early to make that decision on it. Things are still changing too rapidly to really know. It's even too early to go through the hassle of trying to just postpone for a couple months.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

If it does get canceled im hoping i can get my hotel back. Got one of those cheap nonrefunable rates on hotels.com. Always a risk but if the city says no hotels stays i should be able to get refunded.

Chargeback should work if the vendor cannot provide the service you paid for. By prepaying you assume the risk that you can't make it, not the risk that they can't provide the room.

Whysnow, just for clarity, can you confirm your housing is or is not a traditional hotel/motel? If not, that may reflect their early decision to close. They may be the canary so to speak, but I suspect traditional hotels, having no other source of income, would be unlikely to close unless forced to by the state.

#253 4 years ago

We are 104 days away from this event. Cancellations done today are overly conservative.

It's probably the booking company/block/group that you use.

I have reservations in 3 hotels downtown, and I haven't heard anything, and would't expect to until June

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Chargeback should work if the vendor cannot provide the service you paid for. By prepaying you assume the risk that you can't make it, not the risk that they can't provide the room.
    Whysnow, just for clarity, can you confirm your housing is or is not a traditional hotel/motel? If not, that may reflect their early decision to close. They may be the canary so to speak, but I suspect traditional hotels, having no other source of income, would be unlikely to close unless forced to by the state.

I would guess it’s one of these big Airbnb complexes.

Hotels will be much more conservative and aren’t cancelling rooms 4 months out.

Our hotel in Nycpc, the skyline, is closed until May, the same month our event was supposed to be. I wouldn’t guess you’d see this kind of action in Pittsburgh until May or so.

I don’t think they need to cancel it now. In a month or two the situation will be much clearer.

My personal feeling is we don’t start getting back to “normal” until the Fall, but like so much about this, we really don’t know. There’s a lot of people who will remain spooked about large gatherings for a long time past the official “all clear” as well.

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Sorry I was unwilling to be more specific. Clutch spots to stay are almost as hard to get as tickets to Pinburgh.

They are like a hotel. Basically a large company that owns whole floors of some of the nice high-rise buildings in the area. So something between a hotel and a private airbnb type place.

I believe they are more of a canary, hence why I shared.

Their whole model is that of a hotel. They dont make money without rentals.
    I was shocked to get the cancellation notice. I confirmed that others also received notice for same building and one for another they own in town.

Things look bad.

I am similar to others... afraid it wont happen but also afraid it will.

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s a lot of people who will remain spooked about large gatherings for a long time past the official “all clear” as well.

Yes there are, and I will be one of them. I'm going to let people that feel immortal go out and test the world for me first.

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Yes there are, and I will be one of them. I'm going to let people that feel immortal go out and test the world for me first.

I’m taking it as it comes. Like I said I’m eyeing the Fall - Judas Priest and Rammstien concerts in September to be exact. Well aware they may not happen or I might not want to go.

Cautiously hopeful I’d say.

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Their whole model is that of a hotel. They dont make money without rentals.

I'm guessing they're not making short stay money RIGHT NOW and are switching to more long term lease occupants to save their ass.

#259 4 years ago

Is anybody else having a problem getting Pinburgh refunds from ShowClix? Our group is needing to return a couple of tickets. I sent an email to [email protected] last week and have not heard back from their refunds department. Another member of our group got a reply stating that there are no refunds! Today is supposed to be the last day for the 75% refund according to the Replay FX website.

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slingshot_Scott:

Is anybody else having a problem getting Pinburgh refunds from ShowClix? Our group is needing to return a couple of tickets. I sent an email to [email protected] last week and have not heard back from their refunds department. Another member of our group got a reply stating that there are no refunds! Today is supposed to be the last day for the 75% refund according to the Replay FX website.

PM me your info please. I'll see what I can find out.

#261 4 years ago

ninjadoug when is the waitlist going to update? hasn’t updated once

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slingshot_Scott:

I would call. Last year i had to ask for a refund and they said the same thing, no refunds. Then i pointed them to the replayfx page and got ny refund.

#263 4 years ago

The the covid situation looks currently indicates there could be a lot of refund requests. What’s the policy on pinburgh ticket refunds?

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJR8peanut:

#265 4 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

The the covid situation looks currently indicates there could be a lot of refund requests. What’s the policy on pinburgh ticket refunds?

It may be better to wait and maybe get 100% from them or with an charge back vs taking an part refund now.

Let's say the event center becomes an temp hospital then the event is likely dead on the spot.

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

I would call. Last year i had to ask for a refund and they said the same thing, no refunds. Then i pointed them to the replayfx page and got ny refund.

I got in touch with someone at Replay and ShowClix is now processing the return.

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1578000620247-bf8dbf63-d612

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJR8peanut:

There are only 12 open spots as of Saturday, but because of current events we aren't processing anyone off of the waitlist at this time.

#269 4 years ago

Policies were written assuming ReplayFX was going on...

One has to hope if replay doesn't happen due to circumstances that the 'no refunds for any reason' is reassessed.

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

One has to hope if replay doesn't happen due to circumstances that the 'no refunds for any reason' is reassessed.

would have to refund

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

As of right now, that is what we are working towards.

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

would have to refund

Did TPF refund people?

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Did TPF refund people?

They made a statement that if you request a refund, you will get one, but if not, your ticket transfers to next year.

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They made a statement that if you request a refund, you will get one, but if not, your ticket transfers to next year.

Ok, thanks. Didn't know how the other shows were handling things. I'm sure most would prefer a transfer since it's so hard to get tickets to begin with.

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Ok, thanks. Didn't know how the other shows were handling things. I'm sure most would prefer a transfer since it's so hard to get tickets to begin with.

Indeed. I got in this year, so if it doesn't happen (fingers crossed that it does) I'd prefer a transfer to next year.

#276 4 years ago

Indeed. I got in this year, so if it doesn't happen (fingers crossed that it does) I'd prefer a transfer to next year.

yeah, that would for sure be the preference.

I am stuck with needing to try and find another spot to stay now that my place cancelled. I guess at least now I know to get a refundable room reservation.

Fingers crossed, but I see no way this moves forward at the current date.

#277 4 years ago

I wanted to add a bit of clarity to this, and Snailman can correct me if I am wrong.

* Show passes to TPF were transferred automatically with the option of a refund.
    * Tournament entries at TFP were all refunded; no transfer to future years.

From the TPF website:

Initially, tournament entries will be refunded and purchased merchandise marked “pick up at the show” will be mailed. We expect to be able to transfer general admission to TPF2021.

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/texas-pinball-festival-is-cancelled-for-march-27-29-2020/

#278 4 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

I wanted to add a bit of clarity to this, and snailman can correct me if I am wrong.
    * Show passes to TPF were transferred automatically with the option of a refund.
    * Tournament entries at TFP were all refunded; no transfer to future years.
    From the TPF website:

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/texas-pinball-festival-is-cancelled-for-march-27-29-2020/

My tournament entry was refunded to me, the show entry was not. I’ll happily be there next year.

#279 4 years ago

Anyone else have their reservation cancelled without notification at the Drury Inn? I was reviewing my credit card statement and noticed the refund. I called and the front desk and they said nobody knows why it was cancelled. They offered to re-reserve at the same rate, but with the current uncertainty, I'm going to wait a bit.

Any update from ReplayFX or PAPA in regard to Pinburgh in light of coronavirus?

#280 4 years ago

Word is they're waiting for the convention center to cancel which would be smart/prudent if true. I would guess cancellation penalties change depending on who cancels...not sure though.

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Word is they're waiting for the convention center to cancel which would be smart/prudent if true. I would guess cancellation penalties change depending on who cancels...not sure though.

that would make sense.

MGC basically needed the Gov/ City to say the event was canceled in order have it cancel for financial reasons.

#282 4 years ago

Burning Man Cancels 2020. So big events may be out for this year.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

My work just canceled a big meeting in Florida scheduled for mid-may.

We had to wait till the Gov finally ordered stay at home to cancel, or else we would have been open to various financial liabilities.

#284 4 years ago

I've seen a number of posts suggesting move reservations to 2021 but I'm in the opposite camp. I wasn't able to attend this year so didn't go for tickets this year, but next year I don't anticipate that being a problem. There are certainly others in the same boat I am.

Having said all of that I totally understand those with tickets just wanting them moved to 2021 should this year be canceled. It's a tough decision for organizers. No matter what people are going to be upset and/or disappointed if there's no Pinburgh this year.

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from CRWgxp:

I've seen a number of posts suggesting move reservations to 2021 but I'm in the opposite camp. I wasn't able to attend this year so didn't go for tickets this year, but next year I don't anticipate that being a problem. There are certainly others in the same boat I am.
    Having said all of that I totally understand those with tickets just wanting them moved to 2021 should this year be canceled. It's a tough decision for organizers. No matter what people are going to be upset and/or disappointed if there's no Pinburgh this year.

If this year is cancelled then the right thing to do it allow them moved to next year for those that want that.

It also means you get to keep those funds in an interest bearing investment for the additional year.

I am sure some would elect to take the refund and open up some tics for next year.

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from CRWgxp:

If it’s canceled there will be 1000 people that want to move the tickets to next year, and another 1000 that didn’t get tickets who want the F5 refresh lottery to happen again. There’s just no good answer. I’m getting to the point that if they do have it this year, I’m not sure I’ll even go. This is the one vacation I look forward to all year, but it’s starting to feel like it would be too risky to go this year.

#287 4 years ago

Yeah if it is canceled this year... Tickets should be moved to 2021...

I already have flights booked from the UK but have the option with AA to cancel and get a credit towards future flights until the end of 2021

#288 4 years ago
    Quoted from CRWgxp:

I'm in the same boat. No way I was going play in the tourney this year with a 6 month at home. I'd still come for a day cause it's a great show regardless and it's like a 2 hour drive for me.

I was excited to play again in 2021 but I guess we will see.

#289 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

If it’s canceled there will be 1000 people that want to move the tickets to next year, and another 1000 that didn’t get tickets who want the F5 refresh lottery to happen again. There’s just no good answer. I’m getting to the point that if they do have it this year, I’m not sure I’ll even go. This is the one vacation I look forward to all year, but it’s starting to feel like it would be too risky to go this year.

If they cancel this year I say they allow people a choice to either get a refund now or get a guaranteed spot for next year with the provision they buy a new ticket. The Relay Foundation shouldn't have to suffer and I would gladly donate knowing I won't have to F5 next year. Should open up a lot of spots for next year for those that want immediate refunds.

#290 4 years ago

It's a tough decision either way. I'm going to support whatever they decide. They put on a great event!

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

If they cancel this year I say they allow people a choice to either get a refund now or get a guaranteed spot for next year with the provision they buy a new ticket. The Relay Foundation shouldn't have to suffer and I would gladly donate knowing I won't have to F5 next year. Should open up a lot of spots for next year for those that want immediate refunds.

That’s an interesting take on it. Kind of a creative idea where everybody that got a ticket this year can decide what they want to do. It is a bit of an expensive reservation fee, but Replay wins. I wonder if there are any legal issues with it, but if you want your money back, you get your money back. Interesting.

#292 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

That’s an interesting take on it. Kind of a creative idea where everybody that got a ticket this year can decide what they want to do. It is a bit of an expensive reservation fee, but Replay wins. I wonder if there are any legal issues with it, but if you want your money back, you get your money back. Interesting.

If it's cancelled or postponed I'd like to see our tickets carryover to whenever Pinburgh happens. That would also allow us to use our airline credits if we have to cancel a flight as well.

#293 4 years ago

Giving people spots for next year basically means they set next year's prices now... that could be a huge issue
    Giving people spots for next year means the event is already sold out... that's a nasty issue.

Refunding everyone means dealing with the cost of all the transactions, etc... but gives you the greatest control for the next year.

#294 4 years ago

I look at it more like they are postponing until next year. I'm happy for them to keep my Pinburgh money if I don't have to sit in front of the computer.

#295 4 years ago

I hope it still works out to be a GO for this year, but none of us know. With talks starting today about possibly opening up things again shortly (whether you agree or not) means that some contracts will still have to be honored for times when the "shutdown" isn't happening. So Pinburgh might have to stay scheduled for contract reasons alone, we dont know

However. With all the talk on the thread about how to handle tickets. Curious if this is a scenario? Could they double up next year, In other words, do two weekends in a row, one for all the ticket holders from this year, and one for those for next year. I honestly think that it could be a viable option. There are tons of people that are on the waitlist. There are a ton of people that would do two weekends in a row. If they can get the center for two consecutive weeks, there would be no additional setup/teardown. Granted, There would need to be enough workers for two weekends, but if they could plan ahead of time, I think that is a obstacle that could be figured out.

Now I dont think that something like this would work for a show like TPF or so, as the main draw for pinburgh is the tournament side in my opinion.

#296 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Could they double up next year, In other words, do two weekends in a row, one for all the ticket holders from this year, and one for those for next year. I honestly think that it could be a viable option. .

Doesn't seem viable to me, unless they got weekend #2 at a huge discount rate for rent and labor which isn't going to happen. This isn't Cochella, you aren't gonna get the same income two weekends in a row.

Pinburgh is just a small part of replay FX. Paying for the convention center and all production costs for two weeks in a row assumes you'll have the same paying attendance for the show and another 1,000 paying tournament players two weekends in a row. And assumes the Replay people really want to do this two weekends in a row.

In other words...errr...I don't see it.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

With talks starting today about possibly opening up things again shortly (whether you agree or not)

WTH!?? please tell me the moron is not claiming this!

#298 4 years ago

Well, the Intergalactic shouldn't be cancelled. I mean, there are other planets...

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Well, the Intergalactic shouldn't be cancelled. I mean, there are other planets...

Free interstellar airfare for the reigning champ would only be fair.

#300 4 years ago

Comic-Con just got canceled. Things are looking very grim for Pinburgh to go as planned. This is very unfortunate, but I guess we will have to wait and see. If it does get canceled the next thing is how are they going to deal with tickets that people already purchased? Will they work for next year or do we have to go through the online purchase all over again when they go on sale in 2021. I hope they carry over. But it is a tough decision for the ReplayFX Foundation. I will be waiting to see what happens, but the pattern keeps showing more cancellations of major events during the summer.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread/page/6?hl=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.