Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG
    There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

We don't have a KQ in the collection. If you know someone who would like to supply one, let me know!

Ask Chris from starport. Pretty sure he has a few?

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

No one is looking for the best places to eat in downtown Pittsburgh, they are looking for a place within a five minute walk that is not terrible. Keep your “I know the best places to eat” posts in some other nonsense Pinside bitching thread.

I am.

#153 4 years ago

Then you got plenty to pick from in the thread.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

No one is looking for the best places to eat in downtown Pittsburgh, they are looking for a place within a five minute walk that is not terrible. Keep your “I know the best places to eat” posts in some other nonsense Pinside bitching thread.

Who pissed I your taco today? Go play some pinball and relax.

#155 4 years ago

Did someone say Tacos and Meatballs!

IMG_9541 (resized).JPGIMG_9541 (resized).JPG

IMG_9550 (resized).JPGIMG_9550 (resized).JPG

IMG_9548 (resized).JPGIMG_9548 (resized).JPG

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I am being told that the only waitlist invites that went out so far are for people who received comp tickets (its how those tickets work).

I know two people that have gotten their tickets and neither got comps. One submitted his waitlist app a little after 12pm and the other did right at 1pm.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheBenk:

I know two people that have gotten their tickets and neither got comps. One submitted his waitlist app a little after 12pm and the other did right at 1pm.

FWIW neither of these players have “connections” or “pull”. Not suggesting any favoritism is being had. Just that something is screwy with how tickets are being distributed.

#158 4 years ago

Maybe you can get those two people you know to post about here so we can get a first-hand account and figure this thing out.

#159 4 years ago

Asking the important question: Will there be Jubeat machines?

#160 4 years ago

All games are High Hand

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

All games are High Hand

That's perfect, since I just bought one 2 weeks ago.

60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG

#162 4 years ago

I don't know, having been there a few times now I would say Condado is just mediocre. I mean I'm sure there are way better food spots nearby as well that everyone else should go to instead. I mean really, you should all try the other food spots instead, don't waste your time with the tacos. You don't want to wait outside for a table and take all that time filling out the slips to order, it'd be way easier just to go somewhere else. Have I convinced you not to go there yet? Perfect...

#163 4 years ago

I don't get people's fetishized fascination with tacos. It's really strange. And I'm honestly not trying to "not like what you do" here.

I get it; it's about simple, fresh, quality ingredients. And the presentation is everything. But at the end of the day, it's tacos.

I've literally enjoyed tacos (and every other culture's variation of a soft, flat, bread, with a seasoned meat and local accoutrements) all over the world, particularly in Mexico and South America, from street side markets, in client's grandparent's homes, to high end restaurants, you name it. But, somehow, they are all basically all the same. They never seem to stand out compared to any other tacos I've had. Maybe I'm just bored with Latin cuisine, maybe I'm just burnt out; but put a seared ribeye next to the world's best tacos, and I'm going ribeye every time. Put a NYC Italian sandwich in there. Or a Philly steak sandwich. Or a Poboy. Or a Cuban. Or a gyro. Even the proud, but-no-frills, Buffalo regional Beef on weck. I'm going the latter. Every. Single. Time.

And it's not like you can't not get "good" tacos anywhere in the US (or probably world) at this point. I've had great tacos in Maine. In Kansas. I've never been to Alaska, but I bet they have good tacos there, too. They are as ubiquitous as spaghetti and meatballs, as pizza, and many other foods that my wife's grandmother would jokingly consider "ethnic" or "exotic" these days. And she's 96, and remembers when they actually *were* considered ethnic or exotic.

Now that I've typed it out, I suppose "they are all basically all the same" could be applied to pinball; but that statement would be more applicable to Whoa Nelly/Pabst/Primus.

Anyways, I'm sure the flaming will ensue, but that will just leave more room for whatever non-descript local hellhole my compatriots and I decide to duck in for a brew and a bite...

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from ahanson:

I don't know, having been there a few times now I would say Condado is just mediocre. I mean I'm sure there are way better food spots nearby as well that everyone else should go to instead. I mean really, you should all try the other food spots instead, don't waste your time with the tacos. You don't want to wait outside for a table and take all that time filling out the slips to order, it'd be way easier just to go somewhere else. Have I convinced you not to go there yet? Perfect...

Are you saying the food is mediocre, or are you complaining about having to wait and then filling out a piece of paper?

And these better places to go are.....????

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I don't get people's fetishized fascination with tacos.

you could've just replaced your entire post with "I don't like tacos"

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Are you saying the food is mediocre, or are you complaining about having to wait and then filling out a piece of paper?
    And these better places to go are.....????

He's trying to convince people not to go to condado's so that the line will be shorter (to his benefit, because he likes condado's)

#167 4 years ago

I don't get people's fetishized fascination with tacos. It's really strange. And I'm honestly not trying to "not like what you do" here.
    I get it; it's about simple, fresh, quality ingredients. And the presentation is everything. But at the end of the day, it's tacos.
    I've literally enjoyed tacos (and every other culture's variation of a soft, flat, bread, with a seasoned meat and local accoutrements) all over the world, particularly in Mexico and South America, from street side markets, in client's grandparent's homes, to high end restaurants, you name it. But, somehow, they are all basically all the same. They never seem to stand out compared to any other tacos I've had. Maybe I'm just bored with Latin cuisine, maybe I'm just burnt out; but put a seared ribeye next to the world's best tacos, and I'm going ribeye every time. Put a NYC Italian sandwich in there. Or a Philly steak sandwich. Or a Poboy. Or a Cuban. Or a gyro. Even the proud, but-no-frills, Buffalo regional Beef on weck. I'm going the latter. Every. Single. Time.
    And it's not like you can't not get "good" tacos anywhere in the US (or probably world) at this point. I've had great tacos in Maine. In Kansas. I've never been to Alaska, but I bet they have good tacos there, too. They are as ubiquitous as spaghetti and meatballs, as pizza, and many other foods that my wife's grandmother would jokingly consider "ethnic" or "exotic" these days. And she's 96, and remembers when they actually *were* considered ethnic or exotic.
    Now that I've typed it out, I suppose "they are all basically all the same" could be applied to pinball; but that statement would be more applicable to Whoa Nelly/Pabst/Primus.
    Anyways, I'm sure the flaming will ensue, but that will just leave more room for whatever non-descript local hellhole my compatriots and I decide to duck in for a brew and a bite...

They are healthy fast food.

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

you could've just written "I don't like tacos"

I do like them, though.

Just not placing them on some auric pedestal, strangely, and similarly how they are considered the "high cuisine" of the Demo Man universe, albeit Taco Bell.

Also, slow day at work.

#169 4 years ago

I enjoyed your taco rant.

I once did a rant about how people insist on calling their cookouts "BBQs" when they are only serving hot dogs and hamburgers from the grill.

That's ridiculous. It's a cookout. You need, at the bare minimum, chicken on the bone for it to be a BBQ.

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from ahanson:

I would say Condado is just mediocre.

I don't get people's fetishized fascination with tacos.

I like their freaking tacos. I will have tacos there at least once or twice during Pinburgh, and I will enjoy them. I'll also have a burger at August Henry's. And even worse, meatballs! Nothing is "fetishized" about the tacos, I just like to eat them. I mean it's not like I'm going to Ten Penny for a burger (yuck).

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I like their freaking tacos. I will have tacos there at least once or twice during Pinburgh, and I will enjoy them. I'll also have a burger at August Henry's. And even worse, meatballs! Nothing is "fetishized" about the tacos, I just like to eat them. I mean it's not like I'm going to Ten Penny for a burger (yuck).

The artwork on the walls is awesome and it's always busy. I like that kind of atmosphere.

On a side note, I always hit up Altius when I'm there. Altius is my favorite restaurant.

#172 4 years ago

I love eating tacos!

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

He's trying to convince people not to go to condado's so that the line will be shorter (to his benefit, because he likes condado's)

Reverse psychology FTW.

I plan to eat there every day. Not just because I think it's good food but it's also one of the best vegetarian/vegan options nearby for folks that care.

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from ahanson:

Not just because I think it's good food but it's also one of the best vegetarian/vegan options nearby for folks that care.

Got any other recommendations?

I've been going to Freshii for breakfast, which is a decent option, but don't have any other suggestions.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

That's perfect, since I just bought one 2 weeks ago.
    [quoted image]

We may have bought one or two more of these...

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Got any other recommendations?
    I've been going to Freshii for breakfast, which is a decent option, but don't have any other suggestions.

There was a pub just down the street from the Ten Penny that had a veggie burger (buns likely not vegan) but I'm not sure otherwise. I think it was August Henry's. We just keep sticking to Jimmy John's and Condado once we discovered it. It pretty much has everyone's bases covered.

My wife recommended the site:
    https://www.happycow.net/

I guess you can find places all over with various filters.

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Just a quick story about mine:

I actually bought it because I saw when I was watching one of the Pinburgh streams and thought it looked interesting. At that point I had never played it before and it wasn't working so I couldn't play it before I bought it.

Anyway, I was disappointed to see that sometime during its life, someone kicked in the coin door. Once I got it working, I played it for about 30 minutes and immediately realized why someone had kicked in the coin door.

Talk about an ass kicking game!

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Hahahaha. Yes! I was gonna reply to the other guy, just need about 380 some odd more and we're set... glad you guys are well on your way!

#179 4 years ago

I smell a remake...

#180 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to the waitlist?

#181 4 years ago

They will, however, neither is ready yet and still says coming soon on the Replay Fx site. https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1527540919747-eeb0a1a4-bee6

#182 4 years ago

List is up....

#183 4 years ago

Any guesses on how many people into the waitlist will end up accepting into the tourney?

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluebomber:

Any guesses on how many people into the waitlist will end up accepting into the tourney?

Last year, they had about 40 people that were sitting there waiting that all got into the tournament. That is from no shows at the tournament. But from my understanding, there are also people that will be put into the tournament before tournament day from people that have to back out and give them notice. I had a couple friends that had to cancel a week before and they filled those spots the day they were told my friends couldn't make it

#185 4 years ago

I’d say if your in the top 100-125 on the waitlist to start you’ll be in good shape.

#186 4 years ago

440ish people on the waitlist but lots of duplicates/triplicates.

Interesting:

No Johannes Ostermeier on either list. In fact, none of the Europeans in the top 20 are in. Really wanted to see Johannes and Paul Englert battle.

Daniele Acciari on the waitlist.

Maybe the Europeans are spending all of their $ and time on the World Championships?

#187 4 years ago

Replay fx made the wait list available minutes after pinburgh sold out I was one of the 1st ones. The first time in on the wait list is 1300 which is 10AM my time in Vegas. See if they respond to my email. Lack of info about when to sign up for wait list. It still says that I am on it already when I tried to put it on now.

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaytech10:

Replay fx made the wait list available minutes after pinburgh sold out I was one of the 1st ones. The first time in on the wait list is 1300 which is 10AM my time in Vegas. See if they respond to my email. Lack of info about when to sign up for wait list. It still says that I am on it already when I tried to put it on now.

The list was up but the page said that you could sign up starting at 1:00 PM est and that any names from before that time would be deleted.

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluebomber:

I know that number 125 on the waitlist last year did make it in, he was one of the people waiting the morning of to find it.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaytech10:

It was available to fill out before 1pm... but the text to the left of the ticket options said entries suBmitted before 1pm would be deleted.

If you filled it out early you had to register again with a different email after 1pm

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It was available to fill out before 1pm... but the text to the left of the ticket options said entries suBmitted before 1pm would be deleted.
    If you filled it out early you had to register again with a different email after 1pm

but some people that registered on waitlist before 1pm supposedly already made it in off that list?

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

but some people that registered on waitlist before 1pm supposedly already made it in off that list?

Yeah, lots of friends of friends and "people I know."

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, lots of friends of friends and "people I know."

ok, so noting confirmed?

that is good.

I guess the feedback still stands that the waitlist thing should be fixed for next year.
    Seems simple enough to just make it a $5 non-refundable ticket cost and it shows up to purchase at the desired time.

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

ok, so noting confirmed?
    that is good.
    I guess the feedback still stands that the waitlist thing should be fixed for next year.
    Seems simple enough to just make it a $5 non-refundable ticket cost and it shows up to purchase at the desired time.

I'd also reduce the max of tickets from 5 to 2. Don't see the purpose of having hundreds of people tie up 5 tickets at a time just to accidentally double buy or try to get their cronies in. It's cute but I think it's outlasted it's purpose.

One person here said they accidentally bought 15 tickets for 5 people. Brilliant.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd also reduce the max of tickets from 5 to 2. Don't see the purpose of having hundreds of people tie up 5 tickets at a time just to accidentally double buy or try to get their cronies in. It's cute but I think it's outlasted it's purpose.
    One person here said they accidentally bought 15 tickets for 5 people. Brilliant.

agree completely.

The limit of 5 is just silly.

There were local group of 5 where apparently all 5 people got in and wrapped up 25 tickets, then checked out with 1 person and tossed back the other 20.
    Sounds like the ticket system then allowed some of these to go back to the general population. Sounds like some sat in limbo until the waitlist started?

Easy fixes for next year.
    Limit of 2 tickets
    Set up waitlist "ticket" that goes on sale 1 hour later and works the same way the regular ticket does.

#196 4 years ago

There are till use-cases for more than 2. Had I been trying to go this year, I likely would have been trying to get 3 for the family. The general line has always been "almost nobody does big purchases of 5 anyway" - but now that it's turned into this crazy coordinated group-buy war-room situation, that's not really true anymore, I'd wager.

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

There are till use-cases for more than 2. Had I been trying to go this year, I likely would have been trying to get 3 for the family. The general line has always been "almost nobody does big purchases of 5 anyway" - but now that it's turned into this crazy coordinated group-buy war-room situation, that's not really true anymore, I'd wager.

even a limit of 4 would be an improvement.

I am curious for the war room 5 bangers, how many would be still going if only 2 scored.

I am guessing true family need/ trip only happens if all get in sort of things is extremely limited.
    Many are groups of 5 individuals all working as a team but every single one of them would go if only they scored.

With an event at this size limit, 2 seems like a natural fit.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

No, there were people that got accepted from what looked like the waitlist... because papa was using the waitlist mechanism to admit people that had 'reason' to get tickets from PAPA. I say 'reason' in air quotes because I don't want to try to claim to know the various reasons people were supposed to bypass registration and get tickets.

But it was not people getting off the waitlist early... its just the waitlist ticket mechanism being used for more than one thing.

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Sounds like the ticket system then allowed some of these to go back to the general population. Sounds like some sat in limbo until the waitlist started?

Tickets kept appearing in the ticket queue for over a half hour.. I think up till about 12:34 or so if I recall... then at a specific point they took the tickets off the page all together. That's when we assume 'all tickets were spoken for' and not just in carts/etc.

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

it's turned into this crazy coordinated group-buy war-room situation

Truer words have never been spoken.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread/page/4?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.