Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG
    There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #101 4 years ago

Working from last year and going back I was low B division, D division finals second round, low B division, C division finals.

I think I can make A this year and that’s my goal. When divisions are 3 points for a while division that’s a win instead of a zero. I can do that. I take pictures of all of my round scoresheets and track my data. I know where I need to improve and have been working on that. Always focus on the weakness until something else is the weakness and then focus on that.

#102 4 years ago

When does registration for the women’s tourney open?

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Kaite M. mentioned it being one month from today, I believe. My pals told me it is just as much of a ticket race as Pinburgh, and that itll be even bigger this year. Awesome stuff!

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

I want the guy who is this demoralized in my group all day. If you're this jaded and whiny going in, you already lost before plunging a single ball. And I can't imagine you're having much fun, either.

You don't know the first thing about me, if that's your opinion. Jaded and whiny...yeah...sure. I'm jaded like all you people that can actually afford to go to stuff like Pinburgh and CAX and (insert any tournament you have to stay overnight for)...lol....jaded.....yep. We're all just so fancy here in Dallas, how can we not all be jaded, am I right?

I've managed to get to play against people like Colin (quite more than I'd like..I never win! I did have him down 3-0 in SCS that one year...that was satisfying, but he destroyed me on Tron, of all things..I was broken after that), Bob Matthews, and other very good people. I learn from losing, and watching tournaments. That's why I want to see other people in finals. I want to see what other unique skills people can bring to the table, that I can steal and capitalize on. Colin completely changed how I look at nudging early on, and probably doesn't even know he had that effect on me. Never going to see that AT Pinburgh, since I can't afford to go, best I can do is hope that a relative newcomer like Johannes gets all up in there. Will be interesting to see how Escher does this year.....assuming he got a ticket. Like anything you do over and over again, it's VERY easy to pigeonhole yourself into a specific mindset or way of playing, and there's ALWAYS someone else that's better to learn from. They just might not be famous yet. That's what I look for, and hope shows up on stream. There's one guy in particular, I don't know his name, but he's showed up to some of the bigger tournaments I've been to and ALWAYS done very well....he's not even IFPA ranked. He doesn't give a shit about the ranking system, and frankly...neither do I.

You are utterly clueless if you think you know me, and people making the assumption that I'm just full of shit and can't back it up....lol. Let's just say that arrogance about your own skills is only second to nerves in terms of causing tournament losses. I can't say I'm innocent there, and honestly, you're not NECESSARILY wrong that I was NOT enjoying it.... that's why I got out of playing in tournaments for a few years. But I'd like to start again, with a much less serious focus, and no fucks to give about IFPA points and chasing imaginary numbers. I've had quite a lot of fun at the last 5 or so I went to in the last year, just let all the anxiety and shit go in the wind, and if I sucked...I sucked that day. It made a huge difference. I'd still LIKE to go to Pinburgh at some point, regardless of who is there. And I expect that when I do, I'll be ready to deal with that. I couldn't say the same three years ago when I stopped.

So calm your tits.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

So calm your tits.

You are literally the only one getting worked up here dude.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

You are literally the only one getting worked up here dude.

And you literally have no point.

#107 4 years ago

So, anyway, really looking forward to going to Pinburgh for the first time... and trying Condado Tacos.

#108 4 years ago

Those tacos are fantastic

#109 4 years ago

this is the pinburgh/replay thread, not the “who can dish it out the hardest over pinside” thread. pinball shouldn’t be about who’s ranked higher. have fun with it. yes i compete in tournaments often but it’s more for fun than for ifpa ranks. please take ur shit talking elsewhere

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJR8peanut:

this is the pinburgh/replay thread, not the “who can dish it out the hardest over pinside” thread. pinball shouldn’t be about who’s ranked higher. have fun with it. yes i compete in tournaments often but it’s more for fun than for ifpa ranks. please take ur shit talking elsewhere

Yeah, well, I'm still better than you.

#111 4 years ago

I just can’t believe no one has mentioned the meatball place that everyone loves (for some reason I don’t understand, but hey, different strokes...) and the ensuing crop dusting that happens. C’mon guys! Pinside Pinburgh crew be slacking!

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Can someone form inside the org please confirm.

The womens event is a big draw for why we attend and I want to make sure we dont miss out at the onsale.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah, well, I'm still better than you.

going to the vault today? see your in north jersey

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The womens event is a big draw for why we attend and I want to make sure we dont miss out at the onsale.

I literally just told you what the WIPT TD said... I would be very unsurprised to learn they aren't on this forum. I suppose I wouldn't trust me either, but might I suggest reaching out to them directly, instead of just posting again in an unofficial Pinburgh thread?

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

I literally just told you what the WIPT TD said... I would be very unsurprised to learn they aren't on this forum. I suppose I wouldn't trust me either, but might I suggest reaching out to them directly, instead of just posting again in an unofficial Pinburgh thread?

Thanks for the info.

I have zero idea whom the TD is.
    You said Katie. No clue whom that is.

replayFX is posting here. I figure they are the ones to ask/answer
    ninjadoug any official word?

#117 4 years ago

I feel like a lot of the questions in this thread and elsewhere, about replay fx, could have been self answered with some publicly available information, like this https://replayfx.org/competitions/womens-international-pinball-tournament/

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

So, anyway, really looking forward to going to Pinburgh for the first time... and trying Condado Tacos.

Never heard of these! Will definitely check them out.

Las Palmas is an amazing spot for street tacos. Cheap, hot, and an awesome toppings bar.

Las Palmas Pittsburgh #1
    700 Brookline Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15226
    (412) 344-1131
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/YBcCGBdkQJ19cYJq5

Pabellon is nearby, and offers excellent and afforable Venezuelan and Mexican eats.

Pabellón Venezuelan & Mexican Cuisine
    2957 Banksville Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15216
    (412) 344-1122
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/VkUDk71mmhptzaec8

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for the info.
    I have zero idea whom the TD is.
    You said Katie. No clue whom that is.
    replayFX is posting here. I figure they are the ones to ask/answer
    ninjadoug any official word?

Looks like Heimer has the details for ya below. Sorry, I was a bit curt. Been a grouch last few days, sorry bud, on me. Kaite is one of the organizers for WIPT, I believe, and I believe it is somewhat separate from the other stuff, so Doug isn't the TD.

I did get emphasis again from some pals that tickets will be a mad dash, so get these F5 finger workouts in.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I just can’t believe no one has mentioned the meatball place that everyone loves (for some reason I don’t understand, but hey, different strokes...) and the ensuing crop dusting that happens. C’mon guys! Pinside Pinburgh crew be slacking!

Those meatballs are disgusting. I don’t get the infatuation with that place.

Big balls of grease covered in greasy cheese and bland greasy sauce.

As a general rule, the closer to the convention center the worse the food (as well as the more crowded). The Thai place 4-5 blocks away is pretty good. And the taco joint is an exception to the rule if you like tacos.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I just can’t believe no one has mentioned the meatball place that everyone loves (for some reason I don’t understand, but hey, different strokes...)

That is Emporio but there are plenty of other places I would rather eat in the area.

https://www.siennamercato.com/#emporio

Quoted from skink91:

Condado is good as is Bakersfield for tacos and both are a few steps from the convention center.

http://www.condadotacos.com/

https://www.bakersfieldtacos.com/menu/

Two other places close by that have good Mexican food are täkō and Las Velas:

http://takopgh.com/

http://lasvelasmex.com/

Brian Holderman did the art on the wall at täkō and he has also done some pinball work:

http://www.bholderman.com/tako-mural

http://www.bholderman.com/#/silver-bullet/

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

Looks like Heimer has the details for ya below. Sorry, I was a bit curt. Been a grouch last few days, sorry bud, on me. Kaite is one of the organizers for WIPT, I believe, and I believe it is somewhat separate from the other stuff, so Doug isn't the TD.
    I did get emphasis again from some pals that tickets will be a mad dash, so get these F5 finger workouts in.

No worries and thanks.

We both looked on website and could not find the info. Appreciate it

#123 4 years ago

Dude... I am gonna eat that town out of tacos.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Dude... I am gonna eat that town out of tacos.

...and then cropdust all your fellow competitors at Pinburgh.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and then cropdust all your fellow competitors at Pinburgh.

It's called strategy...

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Quite frankly, I'm kind of tired of seeing the same 5 guys win every major tournament..

Personally I love watching them. I love watching the A division finals on Saturday. Those 5 guys are there at the end of tournaments because they are the best players. Every one of them earns their spot in each tournament by playing better than all other players.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Personally I love watching them. I love watching the A division finals on Saturday. Those 5 guys are there at the end of tournaments because they are the best players. Every one of them earns their spot in each tournament by playing better than all other players.

No kidding! Imagine if they said Brady wasn't allowed to play in the Super Bowl, or Jordan in the NBA finals because they had made it there "too many times"?

If the fact that these same guys make it to the finals all the time doesn't highlight that pinball IS-in-fact a "game of skill", I don't know what else would.

At last year's Pinburgh, I forcibly made myself NOT watch the finals live, so that I would have something to watch on the ride home.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Just like any good competition/event - it's great to be there live with a crowd of like minded 'fans' that react as things happen. I still know some people that would rather go play the (now available) tournament games than sit and watch; but I really enjoy the live final.

/not going this year
    //am sad

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Just like any good competition/event - it's great to be there live with a crowd of like minded 'fans' that react as things happen.

I always wonder if the players even hear us cheer or groan from the audience. Just that second of delay as we see what is happening in front of them.

And this is not a critique... I'd love to see a second camera rig running during the finals. When they are down to two groups, I'd like to be able to see both groups playing. But I know that might cause a bit of confusion.

Quoted from epthegeek:

/not going this year
    //am sad

Sorry to hear it.

#130 4 years ago

Does anyone know if Johannes Ostermier is going this year?

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Does anyone know if Johannes Ostermier is going this year?

He said it's on his slate. So I would think so.

#132 4 years ago

I know for fact that someone who submitted his waitlist application Right after missing a regular ticket (almost an hour before 1pm) got his ticket notification today.

If the apps that were submitted before 1pm are not actually being deleted then tons of people who actually followed the rules are going to be screwed. This sucks.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheBenk:

I know for fact that someone who submitted his waitlist application Right after missing a regular ticket (almost an hour before 1pm) got his ticket notification today.
    If the apps that were submitted before 1pm are not actually being deleted then tons of people who actually followed the rules are going to be screwed. This sucks.

Wow, that sucks considering we also followed the rules and waited until 1pm to submit. The time in between ticket sales and waitlist is the gray area where they can do pretty much whatever they want and we have no idea what is going on. It's not like they supply timestamps of when the waitlist entries were recieved and who they got awarded to.

#134 4 years ago

well in that case i call bullshit. i waited for exactly 1PM to hit submit when there could have been 100s of people to do it before 1PM and be rewarded?

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

My favorite food spot here. Go with the Firecracker shell and the chummichurri. All the proteins are good. Thank me later.

Also, pinball.

#136 4 years ago

ninjadoug any chance of getting an actual Killer Queen Arcade there and running some sort of competition.

I see you have KQB this year, but that is B for a reason.

A few of us play KQA and it would be great to have at ReplayFX and a tourney.

#137 4 years ago

I am on the annoyance list on waitlist wagon also, regardless of if I get in or not. It was confusing to have showclix have a waitlist option that is readily available when tickets go on sale and one the replay fx page with a different time frame. Please take note ReplayFX that next year, those people that waitlist create a seperate ticket that goes on sale at 1 to be able to buy a spot at 5 dollars a person. If you are unable to get whoever filled out first together in an orderly way, max it out at 500 and generate a raffle system over waitlist.
    I really do want to go and might be the only time of the year I get to hang out with ACE and DINO.
    If it doesn't look like I will make through the waitlist system and an FYI to everyone else in the same position, Southern Fried Expo in Atlanta is the same weekend and the cost for 1 pingolf and 2 fair strikes tournaments plus the entry fee into the expo for the whole weekend is cheaper than the entry fee for Pinburgh.

#138 4 years ago

Condado Tacos is a chain and Pittsburgh has too many good local restaurants to waste time there. The only good thing about it is it is close to the convention center.

Walk up Smallman street and there are dozens of local places available. If you don't make finals walk over there on Saturday morning for the farmers markets.

The best sandwich shop in the world is Peppi's on the north shore. It's a hike, but you need the exercise if you are going to eat there anyway.

#139 4 years ago

Mine was resolved. 4 extra tickets back in the pool.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Condado Tacos is a chain and Pittsburgh has too many good local restaurants to waste time there. The only good thing about it is it is close to the convention center.
    Walk up Smallman street and there are dozens of local places available. If you don't make finals walk over there on Saturday morning for the farmers markets.
    The best sandwich shop in the world is Peppi's on the north shore. It's a hike, but you need the exercise if you are going to eat there anyway.

Glad to hear a similar view here. There are tons of amazing, one of a kind, restaurants just a short walk down to the Strip District via Smallman Street.

Amazing Polish eats about a 20 minute walk away.

S&D Polish Deli
    2204 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
    (412) 281-2906
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/DDw7q4gdYgKCHJwf6

Excellent bulk and freshly ground coffee.

Prestogeorge Coffee & Tea
    1719 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
    (412) 471-0133
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/Kbtds8YSRu8GxrCw6

The BEST pepperoni roll you might ever eat!

Mancini's Bread Co.
    1717 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
    (412) 765-3545
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/THkxfSAZjwF3922g9

Fantastic original style ice cream parlor.

Klavon's Ice Cream Parlor
    2801 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
    (412) 434-0451
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/J8YRE5fAymLnk73D6

Excellent authentic street tacos and food supplies.

Reyna Foods
    2031 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
    (412) 261-2606
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/G4sH7oJMYvyHUV598

All of those places are just 10-30 minutes walk down the same street. Downtown eats don't compare to food in the Strip, which is literally next door.

#141 4 years ago

Condado Tacos is a chain and Pittsburgh has too many good local restaurants to waste time there.

It might be a chain, and yes, Pittsburgh has a ton of good food... but you can't really call it a waste of time there, because it's a damn good taco. And a good taco... well, it's a good taco.
    So TACOS FOR EVERYBODY!So TACOS FOR EVERYBODY STAYING IN MY HOTEL ROOM!

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

It might be a chain, and yes, Pittsburgh has a ton of good food... but you can't really call it a waste of time there, because it's a damn good taco. And a good taco... well, it's a good taco. So TACOS FOR EVERYBODY!

Quoted from DaveH:

So TACOS FOR EVERYBODY!

So... you just committed yourself to buy tacos for everybody? AWESOME!

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheBenk:

I am being told that the only waitlist invites that went out so far are for people who received comp tickets (its how those tickets work).

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

ninjadoug any chance of getting an actual Killer Queen Arcade there and running some sort of competition.
    I see you have KQB this year, but that is B for a reason.
    A few of us play KQA and it would be great to have at ReplayFX and a tourney.

We don't have a KQ in the collection. If you know someone who would like to supply one, let me know!

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I always wonder if the players even hear us cheer or groan from the audience. Just that second of delay as we see what is happening in front of them.

I've been on the stage almost every year and I can tell you for a fat that, yes you can certainly hear the crowd.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Those meatballs are disgusting. I don’t get the infatuation with that place.
    Big balls of grease covered in greasy cheese and bland greasy sauce.
    As a general rule, the closer to the convention center the worse the food (as well as the more crowded). The Thai place 4-5 blocks away is pretty good. And the taco joint is an exception to the rule if you like tacos.

Emporio is awesome and I might just take away your Pinburgh ticket for saying that.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

March 21st at noon EST is when WIPT will go on sale.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Emporio is awesome and I might just take away your Pinburgh ticket for saying that.

If I say Empirio is super awesome can I get his ticket?

Just kidding....it’s the wait list again for me this year.

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

It might be a chain, and yes, Pittsburgh has a ton of good food... but you can't really call it a waste of time there, because it's a damn good taco. And a good taco... well, it's a good taco. So TACOS FOR EVERYBODY!

Unless someone's abuela is making the tortilla's on site, they aren't good tacos. But you are from the NE, so any tacos are good tacos, since it's a Mexican food desert.

Here is a recent review of Tacos in the Burgh: https://www.discovertheburgh.com/pittsburgh-tacos/

I can confirm that Bea Taco Town & Reyna's Food Cart Are both better than your Chipotle, I mean Condado Tacos.

#150 4 years ago

Unless someone's abuela is making the tortilla's on site, they aren't good tacos. But you are from the NE, so any tacos are good tacos, since it's a Mexican food desert.
    Here is a recent review of Tacos in the Burgh: https://www.discovertheburgh.com/pittsburgh-tacos/
    I can confirm that Bea Taco Town & Reyna's Food Cart Are both better than your Chipotle, I mean Condado Tacos.

No one is looking for the best places to eat in downtown Pittsburgh, they are looking for a place within a five minute walk that is not terrible. Keep your “I know the best places to eat” posts in some other nonsense Pinside bitching thread.

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread/page/3?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.