Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 477 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ninjadoug
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C96F18F3-E244-4D28-BC36-B2C5AD16E6FF (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    67615664_2410637449030580_3595774730772152320_n (resized).jpg
    DSC_0295-2 (resized).jpg
    FB96C1DD-51ED-4B8D-B9B8-6BDFF55C4237 (resized).jpeg
    Reopening Pennsylvania Document.pdf (PDF preview)
    vaffanculo-corona (resized).jpg
    tony (resized).jpg
    04CAACFE-F6E7-4303-B840-84D701358A73 (resized).jpeg
    A57E20CC-04EA-40F9-B65D-C724366AAE99 (resized).jpeg
    28D507C1-A37A-4155-9923-3C18E37B38CC.gif
    60411972058__E21CB40D-8125-463E-BFDF-B803AA164BC3 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9550 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9548 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9541 (resized).JPG
    There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 4 years ago

With tickets for Pinburgh 2020 going on sale in just under a month, I thought it was time to start the discussion. Who's going to Pinburgh this year?
    Tickets on sale 2/22/2020 at noon EST
    https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/

#2 4 years ago

First Ticket of the year will be awarded as the Top Prize at Jackbar, in Brooklyn, this Saturday Jan 25th, at the IFPA sanctioned Pinburgh 2020 Satellite Tournament. Starts at 2PM. No pre-registration. Just show up before 2, and register with your "TD to The Stars", Greg Poverelli. We also have many other prizes, and drink specials. Like a free High Life for every player, from our friends at Miller! An awesome Random Door Prize, of a custom made Translite LED Lightbox w/ a signed Deadpool Translite, from our friend Wes Ulfig at Ulfig Designs. As well as an oversize Pinball Trophy for our winner, courtesy of Ball Baron! Hope to see you all there!

-jon
    DP (resized).jpgDP (resized).jpgPB (resized).pngPB (resized).png

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

First Ticket of the year will be awarded as the Top Prize at Jackbar, in Brooklyn, this Saturday Jan 25th, at the IFPA sanctioned Pinburgh 2020 Satellite Tournament. Starts at 2PM. No pre-registration. Just show up before 2, and register with your "TD to The Stars", Greg Poverelli. We also have many other prizes, and drink specials. Like a free High Life for every player, from our friends at Miller! An awesome Random Door Prize, of a custom made Translite LED Lightbox w/ a signed Deadpool Translite, from our friend Wes Ulfig at Ulfig Designs. As well as an oversize Pinball Trophy for our winner, courtesy of Ball Baron! Hope to see you all there!
    -jon
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Man I wish some of these tournaments were closer! Everything pushed out to the coasts.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

-jon
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a single place to find satellite tournament ticket winners?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

i'm guessing the IFPA website?

1 week later
    1 week later
    #7 4 years ago

Tomorrow's the day. Set your alarms and make sure you F5 button is ready for a workout.

#8 4 years ago

Will there be any online indication of the waitlist getting deleted at 1 PM to make sure it is OK to sign up?

"*All waitlist signups that occur prior to February 22nd at 1PM EST will be deleted from the system.*"

That just sounds wacky that I could accidentally sign up at 12:59:59 and then get clipped from it. Yet if I sign up at 1:00:02 three seconds later there could be hundreds of people already on it.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Will there be any online indication of the waitlist getting deleted at 1 PM to make sure it is OK to sign up?
    "*All waitlist signups that occur prior to February 22nd at 1PM EST will be deleted from the system.*"
    That just sounds wacky that I could accidentally sign up at 12:59:59 and then get clipped from it. Yet if I sign up at 1:00:02 three seconds later there could be hundreds of people already on it.

Should probably make sure you don't sign up before 1:00 in that case.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Should probably make sure you don't sign up before 1:00 in that case.

Unhelpful. Oh, Levi? Oh, yeah, thanks man. I'll get right on that as soon as I get the timeserver they sync to.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Unhelpful. Oh, Levi? Oh, yeah, thanks man. I'll get right on that as soon as I get the timeserver they sync to.

Come on, my suggestion is at least as helpful as expecting a change in the system, or an answer from those guys less than 24 hours before the onsale. Not sure what you are expecting.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on, my suggestion is at least as helpful as expecting a change in the system, or an answer from those guys less than 24 hours before the onsale. Not sure what you are expecting.

It isn't that I'm expecting a change in the system. This is the third year in a row that the system is totally different, and I'm just trying to figure out the best way to maximize my chances of getting a ticket with the newest way of doing things. Put simply, I plan my main vacation of the year around Pinburgh, because it is the best pinball event out there. Better than any show, better than any other tournament. I'm a crap player who will be thrilled to compete in C this year. But this trip is always a blast. From talking to other players the first morning at breakfast, to the meatballs, to the burgers down the road, followed by competing the last day against players right at my skill level when it is all about being able to hold it together and put good games on the table. If that ends up being me on the waitlist standing at the desk at 9 AM on the first day, that is what I'll do. If I can increase my chances of getting in by 1%, I'll do it, and knowing how to leverage the rules... hey, I'm a Patriots fan.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

hey, I'm a Patriots fan.

"Bad form Peter. Bad form."

#14 4 years ago

Are they having VIP tickets this year ? Last year they went on sale before the regular tickets. Don’t see any info on the VIP tickets

Anyone have any info ?

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Myles32:

Are they having VIP tickets this year ? Last year they went on sale before the regular tickets. Don’t see any info on the VIP tickets
    Anyone have any info ?

They are not doing them this year. The VIP section went away for expanding the Intergalactic Tournament.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

With tickets for Pinburgh 2020 going on sale in just under a month, I thought it was time to start the discussion. Who's going to Pinburgh this year?
    Tickets on sale 2/22/2020 at noon EST
    https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/

Is that the link? Or is this the link: https://www.showclix.com/event/Replay-FX-2020/pre-sale#_ga=2.229973724.1398493708.1582372725-799139366.1582372725

And also, what's the max I can buy? I'm trying to go 50/50 with another family. We got each others backs if one of us fails but I want to make sure I can buy 5 if I need to.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Is that the link? Or is this the link: https://www.showclix.com/event/Replay-FX-2020/pre-sale#_ga=2.229973724.1398493708.1582372725-799139366.1582372725
    And also, what's the max I can buy? I'm trying to go 50/50 with another family. We got each others backs if one of us fails but I want to make sure I can buy 5 if I need to.

the one you linked to showclix is it

you can buy 5 tickets.

#18 4 years ago
    3pywvb (resized).jpg3pywvb (resized).jpg
    #19 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

When you click "Buy Tickets" at the top of the main page I listed, it takes you to the showclix link. So Showclix is the page you want to refresh.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

pasted_imageAdam Cane Jason Werdrick Karl Deangelo Colin Urban Mark Pearson Timothy Street John Delzoppo Joe Lemire (resized).pnpasted_imageAdam Cane Jason Werdrick Karl Deangelo Colin Urban Mark Pearson Timothy Street John Delzoppo Joe Lemire (resized).pn
    #21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Myles32:

Anyone have any info ?

No VIP tickets this year.

#23 4 years ago

All Pinburgh tickets sold out - instantaneously!!!!!

#24 4 years ago

Pinburgh (resized).pngPinburgh (resized).png

#25 4 years ago

Ok I’m in.

So how do you scalp these things?

If you didn’t get one I’d keep trying. There’s a 15 minute clock and the large groups of Mensa members trying to buy tickets for each other this morning will be releasing their unwanted ducats.

#26 4 years ago

Yep. That's total bullshit. Hey!...let's start scalping Pinburgh tickets!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

All Pinburgh tickets sold out - instantaneously!!!!!

Ok, I thought I was doing something wrong. That's crazy!!

#28 4 years ago

I was pressing refresh on 2 computers repeatedly before it opened to buy tickets. The screen went black for 30 seconds on the last refresh, then came up - selected 2 tickets and clicked to buy - and got SOLD OUT.

#29 4 years ago

Why does the site post this:

"The waitlist for Pinburgh 2020 is located here. Please note that all waitlist signups that occur prior to 1PM on February 22nd will be deleted."

Yet, it allows waitlist registration right now... Why even allow this if you are going to delete them?

#30 4 years ago

where si the waitlist at?

#31 4 years ago

This is why we need the return of PAPA championships as an alternative.

The people who helped build PAPA grow into what it has become are getting screwed the most with this year in, year out Pinburgh sell out crap.

#32 4 years ago

Never mind my previously posted rant. I'm in.

#33 4 years ago

Nothing like living 5 minutes from the show and not being able to attend 2 years in a row now.

#34 4 years ago

I'm lucky that I'm local to the event, that I can go to Replay everyday but it sucks not getting in this year

#35 4 years ago

@ninjadoug, can you please explain...? 10:00am on the dot all tickets are sold out and so I put my name immediately on the waitlist, which I'm told will be deleted... so I can't buy a ticket and now I have to beat the clock against people again in an hour?

#36 4 years ago

You can still get a ticket. Sold out means they’re in a cart. Anyone that changes the amount of tickets or doesn’t complete the payment process will return those tickets to the queue. I just got 1, 10min later. Keep hitting f5

Quoted from T7:

I was pressing refresh on 2 computers repeatedly before it opened to buy tickets. The screen went black for 30 seconds on the last refresh, then came up - selected 2 tickets and clicked to buy - and got SOLD OUT.

I got this too. Then keep refreshing and eventually the ticket became available.

#37 4 years ago

It sucks that Pinburgh sold out so quickly, and many of us will miss out on a great experience.

Try again next year, but in the meantime, support your LOCAL pinball tournaments such a First State Flippers in the greater Philadelpia-Baltimore area.

#38 4 years ago

I kept refreshing. Got my ticket at 1215.

#39 4 years ago

Literally didn't stop refreshing. Back after a year hiatus!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

You can still get a ticket. Sold out means they’re in a cart. Anyone that changes the amount of tickets or doesn’t complete the payment process will return those tickets to the queue. I just got 1, 10min later. Keep hitting f5

I got this too. Then keep refreshing and eventually the ticket became available.

I kept refreshing and was able to get a ticket!

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

I kept refreshing and was able to get a ticket!

Nice!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok I’m in.
    So how do you scalp these things?
    If you didn’t get one I’d keep trying. There’s a 15 minute clock and the large groups of Mensa members trying to buy tickets for each other this morning will be releasing their unwanted ducats.

This shouldn't happen (tickets releasing after 15 minutes) but every year there seems to be a few that do thanks to caching issues.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...I'm assuming that the "big names" in the A Division have some way to ensure that they get tickets

You would assume incorrectly.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Nothing like living 5 minutes from the show and not being able to attend 2 years in a row now.

You can attend. The show itself isn't sold out.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

I kept refreshing. Got my ticket at 1215.

Glad you got in this year Evan!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from VonPinball:

ninjadoug, can you please explain...? 10:00am on the dot all tickets are sold out and so I put my name immediately on the waitlist, which I'm told will be deleted... so I can't buy a ticket and now I have to beat the clock against people again in an hour?

This is admittedly an unelegant solution but it is to solve a probelm on our end since the waitlist in managed manually.

But basically, seperating the waitlist start and the ticket start will hopefully eliminate some of the hundreds of duplicate names (names on both the waitlist and people who got tickets) we have to wade through each year.

#47 4 years ago

Doug,

Why allow people to sign up for the waitlist before 1:00 pm? If the tickets aren't available to register for prior to noon, why make the waitlist available prior to it's start time?

#48 4 years ago

I think I got the last ticket, got mine at 1230 and right after that, it went down off the site

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

Doug,
    Why allow people to sign up for the waitlist before 1:00 pm? If the tickets aren't available to register for prior to noon, why make the waitlist available prior to it's start time?

Because the waitlist isn't a 'ticket' and it is just a webform. Every year people have 'found' the form early and signed up for the waitlist early. We deleted them in the past, this time we are just making it transparent.

#50 4 years ago

What a stupid way to run the wait list You can sign up after you don’t get tickets but your really not on the wait list because the wait list doesn’t start till 100

Who came up with this wonderful process ?
    How is this better than last year ?

There are 477 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-repaly-fx-2020-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.