(Topic ID: 291095)

Pinburgh is back!!! AKA IFPABurgh Coming in 2022!!

By djreddog

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16B81938-F7A9-45F4-A743-694B7DE04EFE (resized).jpeg
    dojo2 (resized).jpg
    dojo (resized).PNG
    0D53494C-AD96-4E56-9ABF-1E1DDC8CB788 (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

And today's date is.....

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And today's date is.....

4/1

#4 3 years ago

hang on i'll let you know after i harvest the spaghetti crop

#5 3 years ago

There is a lot of details in that IFPA post though, so don't quite blame it on 4/1 just yet. Also, a few years ago on 4/1 is when Josh and the IFPA announced the $1 fee per player...

#6 3 years ago

I don’t think the Sharpes would pull an April Fools like this.
    In light of all that has gone on, it would be classless and not go over well in the pinball world, and the brothers Sharpe are generally better than that.

Hope I am right- because we need the return of the big competitions held at the "All Pinball Generations" locations.

#7 3 years ago

They better not be fooling with us or else i'm gonna be pissed. I miss pinball tournaments so much.

#8 3 years ago

Seems to be about 50/50 right now. 50% of the people think this is an April Fools prank. The other 50% believe it's legit.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Seems to be about 50/50 right now. 50% of the people think this is an April Fools prank. The other 50% believe it's legit.

Add a poll

#10 3 years ago

I believe it's true, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to celebrate this great idea.

EDIT:

Running on the idea that this is legit, I think it'd be a great idea to branch out beyond 5 locations. There are probably quite a few reputable locations in each state, so I think it'd be awesome to have maybe 100-200 sending locations instead of just 5, and a percentage of each of those location's participants can qualify (min 10 entries per location or something, or based on the number of top 2000 IFPA players that register to play, etc).

I'm just spit-balling, but I'm looking for an idea that would be less stress on just a handful of locations and less travel for everyone, and allow for more people to enter. As it is now, if you live in Nebraska, Idaho, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, etc... you might need to catch a plane to even qualify. I'm fortunate that I'm only a few hours away from one of these locations, but I'm aware that others aren't so lucky.

However, I love this current idea and I applaud those who stepped up to make this happen... if it's true... which I believe it is...

#11 3 years ago

Whoever operates these 5 locations should be able to shed some light on this great mystery.

WEST Regional –> Museum of Pinball, 700 S Hathaway St, Banning, CA 92220
    MIDWEST Regional –> District 82 Pinball Arcade, 800 O Keefe Rd suite f, De Pere, WI 54115
    SOUTHWEST Regional –> Starfighters Arcade, 4840 E Jasmine St #102, Mesa, AZ 85205
    SOUTHEAST Regional –> Pinball Asylum, 13831 Jetport Commerce Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL 33913
    NORTHEAST Regional –> The Sanctum, 290 Pratt St, Meriden, CT 06450

#12 3 years ago

“Working with our partners over at PAPA, the finals will be held at the Pittsburgh Pinball Dojo, 2 N Balph Ave, Bellevue, PA 15202.”

Just an observation, judging from the size, parking and hotel accommodations this just doesn’t look like the site of a world class finals.

0D53494C-AD96-4E56-9ABF-1E1DDC8CB788 (resized).jpeg0D53494C-AD96-4E56-9ABF-1E1DDC8CB788 (resized).jpeg
    #13 3 years ago
    Quoted from 29REO:

Just an observation, judging from the size, parking and hotel accommodations this just doesn’t look like the site of a world class finals.

Would be a complete disaster.

#14 3 years ago

Great idea for a national tourney, but bad day to announce it. The Covid stuff is a bit off as well.

But real or not, this is 100% not a replacement for the Pinburgh experience of 1000+ people playing in a convention center over the course of 3 days.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from 29REO:

“Working with our partners over at PAPA, the finals will be held at the Pittsburgh Pinball Dojo, 2 N Balph Ave, Bellevue, PA 15202.”
    [quoted image]

Not up to date. But this is....

dojo (resized).PNGdojo (resized).PNG
    #16 3 years ago
    dojo2 (resized).jpgdojo2 (resized).jpg
    #17 3 years ago

That mask looks like a jock strap.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Great idea for a national tourney, but bad day to announce it.

I see someone isn't familiar with Josh's oeuvre.

#19 3 years ago

Josh strikes again ...

rd

16B81938-F7A9-45F4-A743-694B7DE04EFE (resized).jpeg16B81938-F7A9-45F4-A743-694B7DE04EFE (resized).jpeg
    #20 3 years ago

Extremely dumb thing to do.
    Not funny in any way whatsoever.

Poor taste Josh - extremely poor taste.

#21 3 years ago

We are on board he can start with this one, and this ain’t no April Fools joke lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2022-yegpin-pinball-and-arcade-expo-july-21-24-2022

Quoted from rotordave:

Josh strikes again ...
    rd[quoted image]

#22 3 years ago

I hate reading anything on April 1st. Dumb fucking "jokes" and fake headlines. So lame.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-is-back-aka-ifpaburgh-coming-in-2022?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.