Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Rexdeanrds
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Ticket Type Did You Get?”

• Super Supporter 0 votes
    • Secured Ticket 2 votes
      33%
    • Waitlist Ticket 4 votes
      67%

(6 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0364 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 months ago

Pinburgh is back!

Tickets/Waitlist went live today Feb - 5

Anyone lucky enough to snag a ticket or rich enough for the super duper $1k ticket?

Pinburgh.com

IMG_0364 (resized).jpegIMG_0364 (resized).jpeg
    #2 5 months ago

Largest open tournament with an incredible collection...and now a quite exclusive tournament with the option to buy your way in at $1k?

I mean whatever, but am I the only one asking what relationship this has to the loved-and-lost pinburgh other than the name?

#3 5 months ago
    Quoted from Ollulanus:

Largest open tournament with an incredible collection...and now a quite exclusive tournament with the option to buy your way in at $1k?
    I mean whatever, but am I the only one asking what relationship this has to the loved-and-lost pinburgh other than the name?

No idea, But I'm hoping to find out.

Either way the community should be solid there and I'd bet on the games being in too shape and good organization as well. Cash prizes for a large section on ranks helps too.

#4 5 months ago

I have participated in every Pinburgh so far. Saw this, and I was on the site in time [12:00:02pm] to buy a ticket, and... I just decided that it's just not $370 appealing to me like it was years ago. I said to myself that I would participate if: they get back up to 400 entrants and the entry is $200 or less. Until then, no thanks. The "fun for everyone" feel is totally lost on me when it's 4 day trip that costs quite a lot of money, especially once you add in traveling expenses.

#5 5 months ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I have participated in every Pinburgh so far. Saw this, and I was on the site in time to buy a ticket, and... I just decided that it's just not $370 appealing to me like it was years ago. I said to myself that I would participate if: they get back up to 400 entrants and the entry is $200 or less. Until then, no thanks.

I'm still crossing fingers that they'll up the number of participants for this year. Doubtful but it could happen.

Have there been any other 400+ people tournaments since Covid?

#6 5 months ago

No one I knew was able to get a ticket. I was priced out because it's a bit too rich for my blood, but some of my crew tried and were waitlisted after 1 minute.

#7 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinlordMarc:

No one I knew was able to get a ticket. I was priced out because it's a bit too rich for my blood, but some of my crew tried and were waitlisted after 1 minute.

I had my info copy/pasted for quick submission and an internet clock down to the seconds to try to get one.

Still waitlisted

#8 5 months ago

Didn't even try for a ticket this year. Really hoping Pinburgh can return to its former glory. Definitely some fond memories of the one year I was able to attend.

#9 5 months ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

Didn't even try for a ticket this year. Really hoping Pinburgh can return to its former glory. Definitely some fond memories of the one year I was able to attend.

Small Steps I Guess.

Only way to grow is to have people show/get money

#10 5 months ago

Really disappointing to see this as an exclusive, impossible to get ticket event. Pinburgh / Papa event was some of my best pinball memories to date over 23+ yrs in the hobby.

Hopefully it will get back to it's roots, and just create an awesome event for the sake of growing the hobby and including as many as possible.

#11 5 months ago

I thought they sold all of their games? I'm out of the loop here lol

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I thought they sold all of their games? I'm out of the loop here lol

Reportedly they sold large portions to people/collectors in the area and they were willing to sell back or loan the games back to make the tournament happen again.

#13 5 months ago
    Quoted from Gman3:

Really disappointing to see this as an exclusive, impossible to get ticket event. Pinburgh / Papa event was some of my best pinball memories to date over 23+ yrs in the hobby.
    Hopefully it will get back to it's roots, and just create an awesome event for the sake of growing the hobby and including as many as possible.

I was definitely bummed when I saw how limited it was, but I agree with the OP, stepping stones. They are already talking about doubling the field in 2025. Pinburgh ran like a well oil machine. Insane to think about given the scale, so I put a lot of faith in their ability to scale up at an appropriate pace.

#14 5 months ago

It seems like just another match play tournament to me, but with the “pinburgh” name attached they’ve been able to parlay fond memories of years’ past into $1,000 tickets and an instant sellout.

Good for them. If they can keep the game quality as high as it was before the PAPA collection got Sold, and run it in a fun way, they can grow it in size in the future. They are apparently off to a good start. According to their site, “a few of the people” involved in past years are involved now, not sure if the PAPA organization still exists beyond on paper.

They are also selling $650 sattelite tournament tickets, if you feel like running one. You have to apply and state why you are deserving of
    This option so get your pens moving!

#15 5 months ago

Honestly $350 isn't terrible given that much can be spent easy by a lot of people in a pump and dump. And with this you get a guaranteed two days of play.

#16 5 months ago

Has Anyone heard of someone successfully getting a ticket?

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Has Anyone heard of someone successfully getting a ticket?

I got a ticket!

#18 5 months ago
    Quoted from Gman3:

Really disappointing to see this as an exclusive, impossible to get ticket event.

It was almost that way when it shut down. Sold out instantly and had a long waiting list for 1,000 players?

For $1,000 VIP ticket, I want an automatic seed in the A finals!

#19 5 months ago

CashGrab

#20 5 months ago

Waitlist for me. I was on right away and still no go. That sucks but good to see it is coming back......even in a much smaller size. Hopefully it gets back to where it was.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.