1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by pinmanic
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Fly from Germany first time to pinburgh together with my son
    Was lucky to get 2 Tickets

There is one big Thread about ReplayFX/Pinburgh 2018 :
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replayfxpinburgh-2018
    But i think it is better to separate Hotel issues as main theme there are entry tickets

The Block of suggested Penn Hotel is already fully booked

Can someone give me some help?
    - any suggestions for other hotels are in walking distance of 15 Minutes which would not charge more than 140 usd per Day?
    - If i take a hotel outside down town and get a rental car. What will be the price for parking per day?
    - Or maybe an option to take a hotel which we have option to be fast there by public transport? I found www.portauthority.org but it is difficult for me to choose as I dont know the region

Maybe got some ideas from people who attended Pinburgh in the past years

Many thanks in Advance

Albert Medaillon

#2 1 year ago

$140/day might be too low a price point for within 15 minutes walking distance of Pinburgh. i'd be very happy to be wrong, though!

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

$140/day might be too low a price point for within 15 minutes walking distance of Pinburgh. i'd be very happy to be wrong, though!

the initial block of rooms reserved by replay cost $139 per night

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

the initial block of rooms reserved by replay cost $139 per night

sure, but they're gone.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

sure, but they're gone.

Quoted from ninjadoug:

We are working with our contacts to expand the block at the Omni. If they cannot accommodate, we will work to get another block elsewhere.

#7 1 year ago

As can cancel without charge, to be sure to have something safe I booked a motel 10 Miles away. 50 USD per room. Google maps shows 15 minutes by car. I took one extra room if somebody need. We could share rental car. Parking at the convention seems 12-14 USD per day

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

As can cancel without charge, to be sure to have something safe I booked a motel 10 Miles away. 50 USD per room. Google maps shows 15 minutes by car. I took one extra room if somebody need. We could share rental car. Parking at the convention seems 12-14 USD per day

uber/lyft to and from probably beats (rental car + parking) for overall cost.

#9 1 year ago

Just booked a room through the discounted room block link. Maybe more rooms available or a cancellation ?

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmanic:

You can also park at the Heinz History Center (about a block away for $6 a day if I remember correctly.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stormtrooper:

Just booked a room through the discounted room block link. Maybe more rooms available or a cancellation ?

nothing on this end

Actually the entire OMNI shows as booked now...

#12 1 year ago

Plenty of Airbnb's in the area, I prefer that now to the hotels.

#13 1 year ago

Was it like this last year? I attended replayfx last year on a spur of the moment thing. Booked my room a week before at the omni and they had plenty of rooms available.

#14 1 year ago

I dont believe omni had a discounted block available last year and I believe that is the concern for most poeple. A room is sure to become avaialble but it may not be within the discounted block through the replayfx link.
    It was a good deal at 139 instead of 339.

#15 1 year ago

Some spots at the Omni may open up. Some of (us) have hotel reservations, but didn't get Pinburgh tix.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Stormtrooper:

I dont believe omni had a discounted block available last year and I believe that is the concern for most poeple. A room is sure to become avaialble but it may not be within the discounted block through the replayfx link.
    It was a good deal at 139 instead of 339.

omni william penn had discount block last year, and previous years.

when I booked this year, my confirmation was 12:10, there were 7 rooms left in the block it at 12:05!.. soo... I dont know how many were originally available.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beerpressure:

Was it like this last year? I attended replayfx last year on a spur of the moment thing. Booked my room a week before at the omni and they had plenty of rooms available.

Last year we had blocks at the Omni and Westin.

We are working on additional room blocks. I'm sure we will be able to arrange something with the Omni or another hotel close by.

There are actually lots of options in the area and a quick search of hotels.com shows me there are quite a few options (maybe not all within walking distance, but under 10 miles) well under $200/night.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Last year we had blocks at the Omni and Westin.
    We are working on additional room blocks. I'm sure we will be able to arrange something with the Omni or another hotel close by.
    There are actually lots of options in the area and a quick search of hotels.com shows me there are quite a few options (maybe not all within walking distance, but under 10 miles) well under $200/night.

Hotels don’t like to have unsold rooms. And hotels like the Omni and Westin which are so close to a convention center are used to having business travelers each week come in for their meeting/trade-show with attendees that don’t give a second thought to booking $330+ rooms on the company dime.

I’m hoping the pricing managers come to their senses and negotiate some bigger blocks with you. Heck, show them this thread and help them to realize that pinball hobbyists don’t have that kind of dough and will not hesitate to take an Uber 15-20 minutes away to save $100-200 per day. I mean many of us travel an hour or more on a weekly basis just to find a local barcade to satisfy our desire to play pinball. I can guarantee at $339-369 per night they will have MANY unsold rooms during the July 25-29 time period.

#19 1 year ago

New block of hotel rooms has been put up on the replay Twitter feed. ( it’s not the Omni but it’s a downtown hotel for 139.00 US )

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Myles32:

New block of hotel rooms has been put up on the replay Twitter feed. ( it’s not the Omni but it’s a downtown hotel for 139.00 US )

seems again i am to late

#21 1 year ago

Try the Omni rate again. I checked last night and they had rooms available at the show rate, both doubles and kings.

#22 1 year ago

We opened up a new block at a different hotel yesterday. Our staff will also be at the new hotel, so it might've opened up some rooms at the Omni as well.

If the Drury is filled, we will work on another block.

#23 1 year ago

The 2nd hotel block is filled. We are working on a third.

There may be a few rooms left at the Omni (first block) because we moved all of the staff rooms over to the Drury.

4 months later
    #24 9 months ago

My son and me booked "Hilltop Inn Pittsburgh" we booked aditional room which we can cancel but still there are rooms at 50 USD/Night.
    if someone likes we can share rental car.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.99
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 10.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside