(Topic ID: 168253)

Pinburgh 2017

By Euchrid

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Trying to schedule a summer vacation around pinburgh 2017. Anyone know when that is scheduled for?

#2 7 years ago

Somebody from Replay (not sure if it was Doug or Mark) posted a while back that they were negotiating details for next year with the union/venue and would announce as soon as they had things locked down ... which is not yet.

2 months later
    #3 7 years ago

when do Pinburgh tickets go on sale?

Wife and I are thinking about going but she has to put in PTO 6 months in advance. Would like to figure out if this is the year we can finally blow the funds to experience this.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

when do Pinburgh tickets go on sale?
    Wife and I are thinking about going but she has to put in PTO 6 months in advance. Would like to figure out if this is the year we can finally blow the funds to experience this.

Replay FX is July 27-30th, Tickets go on sale December 3rd for pinburgh. You'll need the 26th as a travel day because action starts early on the 27th, but you can head back on the 30th without taking any extra days off as finals are Saturday.

#5 7 years ago

thanks for the info Eric!

Is there any pre-party/play on Wednesday worth coming in for?

If that is a travel day then I would rather fly/drive in order to be there for any warm up.

Anyone know how PItt glutne free food options are?

#6 7 years ago

There's no show at all Wednesday - but you can early register at 7pm-ish so you don't have to do that in the morning. So really, it's just get there and settle in for the next day, maybe explore pittsburgh a bit if you're early enough. In theory, you could get an early flight at go Thursday morning, but that doesn't sound wise at the start of 2 long days of pinball.

I THINK warm up is allowed on the pinburgh banks from door open on Thursday until some point just before the tournament starts, but I'm not 100% sure on that one --- but it's 280 games, of which you'll play 20, so that's a crap shoot anyway, even if possible.

#7 7 years ago

thx for info.

3 weeks later
    #8 7 years ago

If you are reading this and didn't buy your Pinburgh tickets already, you are too late. Get on the wait list.

#9 7 years ago

Looks like it sold out in under an hour. Odd how it is never ever full to capacity when the tourney begins however. One of our guys last year was like 78th on the wait list on the morning of and still got in. And yet it was still not at capacity. So basically you could show up on the morning of and not even be on the wait list and still get in. If this year is any different I would be surprised. Especially since they increased open slots from 700 to 740.

No problem here. After 3 years we are going to PAPA instead of Pinburgh this year.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Looks like it sold out in under an hour. Odd how it is never ever full to capacity when the tourney begins however. One of our guys last year was like 78th on the wait list on the morning of and still got in. And yet it was still not at capacity. So basically you could show up on the morning of and not even be on the wait list and still get in. If this year is any different I would be surprised. Especially since they increased open slots from 700 to 740.
    No problem here. After 3 years we are going to PAPA instead of Pinburgh this year.

i logged on at 11:25 and it was sold out already. so under 25 minutes.

i am on the waiting list.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Odd how it is never ever full to capacity when the tourney begins however. One of our guys last year was like 78th on the wait list on the morning of and still got in.

Just how it is with anything that is 8 months in the future. I think LOTS buy now, knowing they can get a full refund at any point in the next 6 months.

I wonder if they are putting that 90k into a short term investment They should be!

Looking forward to checking this event out and glad I set a reminder to go buy tickets

#12 7 years ago

I'm trying to get on the waitlist and I can't...Is that filled as well?

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

I'm trying to get on the waitlist and I can't...Is that filled as well?

https://www.showclix.com/application/Pinburgh2017

appears to be open?

#14 7 years ago

Very sad about being on the wait list. Was driving until 11:25am.

#15 7 years ago

good looking out, I got on the wait list

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from louknees:

good looking out, I got on the wait list

did it give you a # on the list?

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

did it give you a # on the list?

No, No number, but I'm on it so I'm psyched.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just how it is with anything that is 8 months in the future. I think LOTS buy now, knowing they can get a full refund at any point in the next 6 months.
    I wonder if they are putting that 90k into a short term investment They should be!
    Looking forward to checking this event out and glad I set a reminder to go buy tickets

I understand what you are saying. But what is surprising to me is the number of players who never cancel and eat the entry fee. When they do this they also eat up a valid spot on the waiting list because no one knows they are not coming until they don't check in on the morning of. Then it is first come first serve.

#19 7 years ago

Is there a hotel code yet for the event at the Westin want to make sure I get it reserved...

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Is there a hotel code yet for the event at the Westin want to make sure I get it reserved...

I think they said next week sometime.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

cant you just reserve now and then call back to apply the hotel code once available?

That is what I would do so you sure to have a room locked in.

#24 7 years ago

I got an email that the room blocks are available, but the Westin is already sold out for Wednesday night.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I got an email that the room blocks are available, but the Westin is already sold out for Wednesday night.

Yeah, last year that happened as well. More blocks were opened but they sold out quickly as well. I ended up staying at the Courtyard across the street for the first night at damn near $300/night. I love Pinburgh and ReplayFX but my only gripe is the enormous cost of the trip compared to just about every other tourney/show that I've been to. Downtown P-burgh be expensive...

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I love Pinburgh and ReplayFX but my only gripe is the enormous cost of the trip compared to just about every other tourney/show that I've been to. Downtown P-burgh be expensive...

The very reason I won't be attending this year, COST of trip. Figured it out and came up with $1400 for 2015, and $950 for 2013. *Didn't attend 2014.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

It turns out that not only is the block of rooms sold out for Wednesday night, but every room in the entire building. So even if you wanted to pay $300 a night to stay close to the venue you can't.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

It turns out that not only is the block of rooms sold out for Wednesday night, but every room in the entire building. So even if you wanted to pay $300 a night to stay close to the venue you can't.

we found a vrbo.com pretty close and for a reasonable price

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Try the Marriot Courtyard. It's very close, like maybe a 1/2 block farther walk. So close I was able to check out Thursday AM, walk over to the Westin and drop my stuff off at a friends room and walk to the convention center all in about 5-10 minutes.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

The very reason I won't be attending this year, COST of trip. Figured it out and came up with $1400 for 2015, and $950 for 2013. *Didn't attend 2014.

Last year it cost me about $1260 and that was with ZERO transportation cost.

#31 7 years ago

The Westin is still available but at $400 a night. Last year I booked the hotel back in March on the group rate with no issue. This year it's gone in 24 hours. Any chance they will open it up again?

5 months later
    #33 6 years ago

If the Omni sells out you can stay very close by at the Courtyard, but be prepared to pay close to $300/night.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2017?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.