(Topic ID: 165085)

----

By multibrawlr

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 7 years ago

[Removing original post because I don't want it still up, also to hell this old thread.]

#2 7 years ago

Their refund policy is very clear. It's on the website. I've never gone and don't plan to in the near future and even I know what the refund policy says.

And I'm pretty sure the organizers of the show lost money last year overall. So they are definately not 'raking in big bucks'.

#4 7 years ago

It isn't about the $100, it about putting rules in place that will allow the event to be successful and not lose so much money they can't afford to do it again next year. There can't be an exception for you, no matter how special you may think your situation is, because if there was an exception for you then everyone else would want one too.

#5 7 years ago

The no refund policy can definitely feel harsh at times like this. But to consider the flip side of the coin, the primary reason they instituted the policy was this: many people were just hording/grabbing a "spot" even though they weren't really planning on going - since they could just cancel at the last minute and not lose any money. This resulted in all the spots being taken in the first hour or so of open registration. The change in refund policy "locks" people in so they are a little more careful in making their reservations -> which has helped more people that really want to go have a little more time to be able to grab a spot.

I know this doesn't make your situation any better, but maybe it can help you understand why they put the policy in place. Sorry for the negative situation, it's kind of an unfortunate side effect of trying to fix the other issue that was negatively affecting potential attendies.

#6 7 years ago

Jesus, TMI.

#7 7 years ago

I've written too many essays in school! And more are on the way "TL;DR" is practically foreign to me! I'll work on it.

Quoted from T7:

The no refund policy can definitely feel harsh at times like this. But to consider the flip side of the coin, the primary reason they instituted the policy was this: many people were just hording/grabbing a "spot" even though they weren't really planning on going - since they could just cancel at the last minute and not lose any money. This resulted in all the spots being taken in the first hour or so of open registration. The change in refund policy "locks" people in so they are a little more careful in making their reservations -> which has helped more people that really want to go have a little more time to be able to grab a spot.
    I know this doesn't make your situation any better, but maybe it can help you understand why they put the policy in place. Sorry for the negative situation, it's kind of an unfortunate side effect of trying to fix the other issue that was negatively affecting potential attendies.

Thanks for the response, Tom. It's a shame that sometimes situations like this crop up. But I really do appreciate the explanation; it makes more sense now. I think probably I just needed a good explanation of its purpose like what you did. Still unsure what went on with my dad not getting his notification though. At least my dad's okay with it, no matter how disappointing it really is.

Still gonna refrain from these tournaments -- I'll be busy anyway. But I hope anybody else who IS going will have a blast. It was fun last year, but Pinburgh for me is pretty stressful and much of a burnout, as I've said. Otherwise good show.

#8 7 years ago

I think that you need to work more with your father issues and worry less about 100.00

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I think that you need to work more with your father issues and worry less about 100.00

(Post edited by TigerLaw to remove personal data with OP's consent)

Sorry for this thread now quickly dissolving into a life advice show, folks! Seriously, though -- I do appreciate the words.

#10 7 years ago

*shrug*

...walks away...

#11 7 years ago

It sucks to lose $100 but that close to the show I wouldn't expect a refund.

Good luck at school & life. It was great meeting you at BCO this year.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2016-refund and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.