Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Borygard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

Huge thanks to the crew who put on Pinburgh. It was again amazing.

Short of putting the players in a sound-proof booth so the commentary could be broadcast to the audience, the emceeing by Bowen was pretty cool. I was in the front row so I had no problem seeing, but I did stand at the back briefly and it was almost impossible to see what was happening on the screens from that distance. Putting the screens at the front of the stage might have made a difference.

It was amazing how many people were there to watch the finals. How many chairs were set up for that? 300? 500? It was full with many more standing in the back and on the sides.

The games played awesome. The tournament ran smoothly. Everyone I talked to enjoyed everything except their own play.

The consolation tournament was a bit of a mess in my opinion. I paid for it, waited in lines twice to play games, and then gave up. It was more fun to just play on the other machines. I know multiple people who did the same, or didn't bother to play at all due to the lines. When I arrived there was only 1 scorekeeper for 12 games. It needed to be 3 scorekeepers.

Additionally, as far as I heard, the consolation finals was almost entirely made up of top tier players anyway. I think the knockout tournament from 2015 seemed far more successful. I agree that pingolf would be an interesting way to do it also. Have a few different 9 hole courses, and people can just show up whenever they want and play.

I didn't spend a lot of time outside of the tournament area, but there were awesome and rare games all over the place to enjoy. The upper playfield on Soccer Kings was a delightful surprise.

I know how much effort it takes to run much smaller scale tournaments, and I can't give enough thanks to the organizers and everyone else who was involved. It really is an amazing tournament. I already can't wait for next year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanwanger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2016-in-depth-impressions?tu=ryanwanger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.